User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 7 Mar 2006, 20:19   #101
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: New Strategy for PA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
i'm not sure how you can win and not be good at planetarion itself, really to be quite honest though.
B...b...b..but you're still drawing breath and everyone keeps telling me you lose at life

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2006, 20:23   #102
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
Say what you like, elviz won that round by being a good PA player. And I'm sure you're in a far better position to tell me about the utilisation of 1ups def than I, as HC, will ever be.
Are you stating by implication that if Lokken of Alliance Discussions wins, it will not be due to him being a good PA player, or are you simply defending elviz here? I've been trying to discuss this on IRC with bwtmc, but it's difficult without knowing whether or not you're "saying in Round 14 the system better rewarded those that played well and were deserving".
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2006, 20:34   #103
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
Are you stating by implication that if Lokken of Alliance Discussions wins, it will not be due to him being a good PA player, or are you simply defending elviz here? I've been trying to discuss this on IRC with bwtmc, but it's difficult without knowing whether or not you're "saying in Round 14 the system better rewarded those that played well and were deserving".
Where exactly did I make an implication of any description? I'm not sure I made even the slightest reference to any rounds or player other than elviz and round 14?

This was entirely in response to bwtmc saying wins like elviz's took no skill.

Where you've read anything about what I think about the winner of this round other than me saying I don't believe it took less skill for elviz to win, I have no idea. I'm simply defending elviz and cyph. If you're looking for some form of argument about who/what/why/where with respect to the winner of this round then I sugest you look elsewhere.

And as far as the system and deserving to win goes then whichever player has the #1 spot at the end of the round, they played the system as well as it could be played and they deserved what they got. Credit to 'em.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 7 Mar 2006, 20:37   #104
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
Where exactly did I make an implication of any description? I'm not sure I made even the slightest reference to any rounds or player other than elviz and round 14?

This was entirely in response to bwtmc saying wins like elviz's took no skill.

Where you've read anything about what I think about the winner of this round other than me saying I don't believe it took less skill for elviz to win, I have no idea. I'm simply defending elviz and cyph. If you're looking for some form of argument about who/what/why/where with respect to the winner of this round then I sugest you look elsewhere.

And as far as the system and deserving to win goes then whichever player has the #1 spot at the end of the round, they played the system as well as it could be played and they deserved what they got. Credit to 'em.
Thank you, that's exactly what I needed to hear. Now maybe I can get bwtmc to shut up.
Unread 7 Mar 2006, 20:42   #105
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

In response to Mazz, who made exactly the sort of post I was hoping for:

At no point have I actually agreed with what bwtmc/Fish said: I merely pointed out that their allegations have never been refuted until now.

Thank you for doing so.
Unread 7 Mar 2006, 20:47   #106
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
In response to Mazz, who made exactly the sort of post I was hoping for:

At no point have I actually agreed with what bwtmc/Fish said: I merely pointed out that their allegations have never been refuted until now.

Thank you for doing so.
Sorry then, guess I misunderstood.

In short:

Yes, cyph and elviz get copious amounts of incoming.
Yes, they both work incredibly hard with thier gal on covering as much as possible
Yes, they both MO and significantly more than thier own calls
Yes, they send more 1up def that most 1up members
Yes, they proportionally get more def than most 1up members (although I've never seen them be our biggest def sink yet in terms of number of calls)
Yes, they are both usually among our top planets
Yes, they are both mindnumbingly shit at hiding thier identities
Yes, they are both still members of 1up because they are highly valued
No, Sid and I wouldn't let anyone get away with def hogging, over covering of personal incs or any of that annoying shit.
Yes, I'm really into making lists atm

Quote:
Unread 7 Mar 2006, 20:57   #107
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

In-game I don't think it did. I think Round 14 in particular is an exception to the above because one alliance/galaxy/player won it by such a margin that those factors didn't -need- to be played. It's not very good for comparison.

I haven't said that furball, I said some players have consistently abused the above, I think it happens everywhere. If we want to talk examples we had it with one of the main DCs at the start of last round in eXilition. I didn't accuse either of them of being celebrities or defence whores. I'm not sure I ever have?

I agree with mazz, that by definition the winner of a given round played best within the contraints of the system, that goes without saying. My point is that a round dominated by Xp isn't any more imbalanced than a round dominated by value. That comparison between the two is ridiculous. The value dominated rounds haven't been good at rewarding those players who actually played the system best. As said above, Round 14's largely irrelevant, and i'm happy to agree the player who best played within the constraints of the system to win, won.
Unread 7 Mar 2006, 21:02   #108
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

you are all a bunch of politically correct over-polite faggots.

edit: yes, even you.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2006, 21:42   #109
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
you are all a bunch of politically correct over-polite faggots.
Jer, I'll bet you're the kind of guy that would **** a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around.
Unread 7 Mar 2006, 22:25   #110
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

why yes, yes i am furball.
Unread 7 Mar 2006, 22:39   #111
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to furball again.

Seriously, lol.

Quote:
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 00:12   #112
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
Are you stating by implication that if Lokken of Alliance Discussions wins, it will not be due to him being a good PA player
For the record, he's really not
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 00:16   #113
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
For the record, he's really not
JBG, we know you better than that And u are a good PA player.
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 00:21   #114
jerome

JBG has had every move chosen for him by a ravenous lunatic with a dice, no word of a lie neither kids.
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 00:24   #115
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

People think I try to keep my value low deliberately but I just haven't figured out what clippers do yet
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 01:04   #116
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
People think I try to keep my value low deliberately but I just haven't figured out what clippers do yet
I use em on toenails every so often... but there's a hedge next door to me that I think needs to have an accident with said clippers. =/
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 03:53   #117
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

I see a mild arguement of wrather Elvis/cypher (many have stated thier names, but they will respond since I said something)(said that so they won't respond) take up the defence. I have seen very active planets get roided and elvis/cypher amazingly get covered. While cypher Dc'ing, I have seen top planets get Fr incoming, and go uncovered, and amazingly when he or elvis get Fr incoming the next tick, there is suddenly a lot of anti fr for them. I have sat in the DC room doing calls, for 6-7 hours, and I would see cypher/elvis/or someone else in thier gals get incoming, and automatically cypher would un-idle, and pop into the DC room and start doing his/thier calls. btwmw or whatever his name is, is speaking out of pure speculation, and Mazz and other 1up are purely just lying and denying it, or were completely oblivious to what was going on( When 1up had the round sealed, normally sid/mazz never on at night, only Zhil, and he couldn't notice if a cat was clawing his ass) but the individuals mentioned most certainly did "soak up defence. Yeah, I was a dc in 1up from its start, and yeah, I am an asshole, and have called smart AD posters stupid. So obviously I am lying about what I witnessed over the rounds DC'ing in 1up. Anyone with around the clock defence could end top 1. Elvis won that round simply because he had only lost like 100 roids or some ridiculous amount like that. while other huge planets, were getting roided nightly.
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 04:13   #118
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Use the enter button

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 04:26   #119
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
snip
A question chika, you dont have to respond ofc but im going to give you two options, please answer as if you were once again a 1up MO.

Planet A gets incoming, his galaxy report defence. His incoming is 500 Terran DE. As its 4am, there is no scanner on. You cant scan the incoming, plus the other 30 calls you are getting in are clogging up your mind as you are also trying to guess what they are. The planet is high priority and has 1k roids.

Planet B gets incoming, his galaxy report defence. His incoming is 500 Terran DE. As its 4am, there is no scanner on. You cant scan the incoming, plus the other 30 calls you are getting in are clogging up your mind as you are also trying to guess what they are. The planet is high priority and has 1k roids.

4:10 am Planet B mails the MO chan. In it is included a link with the planets fleet, what he expects is incoming on him and what he needs for him to be covered.

You have a chim fleet offered for the anti de. You have two choices,

Option A:

Try and calc what is incoming on planet a, whilst neglecting the rest of the calls, making up a calc

Option B:

or immediatly covering planet B and moving on to the next call.

Now what would you do?

Personally I would cover planet B over planet A.
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 04:32   #120
furball

I predict that chika's opinion is dismissed because of his past history in moving between alliances acrimoniously. That will probably be all.

Or will someone presently in 1up directly reply to the content of chika's post?

EDIT: slightly beaten, but I'd like to focus in on cypher/elviz here.
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 11:11   #121
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
I'd consider the given data, create the calc if there's time, and give orders before the end of the tick, or before the person has to leave, after considering all the defence offered and finding the most effecient use of the ships avaliable, roids to be defended, defence priorities, and coverability.

-NitinA
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 11:29   #122
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

My decision would be to always make sure its elviz/cypher getting the defence, not the other random big planet
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 11:32   #123
Chika

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
A question chika, you dont have to respond ofc but im going to give you two options, please answer as if you were once again a 1up MO.

Planet A gets incoming, his galaxy report defence. His incoming is 500 Terran DE. As its 4am, there is no scanner on. You cant scan the incoming, plus the other 30 calls you are getting in are clogging up your mind as you are also trying to guess what they are. The planet is high priority and has 1k roids.

Planet B gets incoming, his galaxy report defence. His incoming is 500 Terran DE. As its 4am, there is no scanner on. You cant scan the incoming, plus the other 30 calls you are getting in are clogging up your mind as you are also trying to guess what they are. The planet is high priority and has 1k roids.

4:10 am Planet B mails the MO chan. In it is included a link with the planets fleet, what he expects is incoming on him and what he needs for him to be covered.

You have a chim fleet offered for the anti de. You have two choices,

Option A:

Try and calc what is incoming on planet a, whilst neglecting the rest of the calls, making up a calc

Option B:

or immediatly covering planet B and moving on to the next call.

Now what would you do?

Ofc, I would cover what I have the most info on first. But, that isn't the case Jerome. This is during the uncanny activity of 1up ages, EVERYONE was pm'ing full info on thier incoming.
Furball, I love when people like you respond, because I don't have to respond, as I clearly rock more than you do. only difference is that I say what I feel, and you kiss everyone's ass. Does that make your word hold more water than mines? No. It makes you an ass kisser. "Blanket party for the Brownnoser".
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 11:36   #124
Sjor

Sjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to behold

i played with cyph/elviz one round
what i can tell is that they get out the maximum out of their planets
they def a lot
they are not causing any problems to the ally
they are not 3 fleeting or abusing their status
they are very loyal
they have a lot of friends giving them less incs

their gals are allways well orged giving them aditional def.
they dont give up and even in a bad round they end high

and last they play even they hate this round stats mainly for the ally

Prod to not have been in many alliances
Sjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 11:38   #125
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

There's probably a natural bias towards covering people in your own galaxy, because you have a better knowledge of the available in-gal fleets. You can cover the planet 50% with in-gal fleets and 50% from your alliance, thus (technically) getting the most efficient outcome for your alliance (least fleets used for most roids saved). This might allow the coverage of the large in-gal call and maybe another small one elsewhere. This may mean that other large calls go uncovered, but they were either a) not going to be covered anyway or b) would have used up all available fleets to cover.

Ultimately, if you really think that your alliance is unfairly sending defence to other people ahead of you, leave the alliance and go somewhere else.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 12:01   #126
Chika

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
leave the alliance and go somewhere else.
Preaching to the choir my man.
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 12:04   #127
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

They get most incs, simply because they are def sinks. Alliances know this and use it to there advantage. No more to say really.
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 12:12   #128
Chika

and thats how it applies to the current round. WIth so little defence being availiable, xp hoars land everynight or should I say day, because they launch early morning, generally sleeping all night. Thus making playing hardcore being a bit idiotic, when the top planet is sleep everynight, and you can't atatck him because he has 86 BS and is to little. Not good for the game, but i doubt people leave over it.
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 12:15   #129
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

i'm honoured
so much attention all for me and elviz?

anyways as said, find me 1 proper active 1up MO who complains and i'll gladly resign. Obviously this only goes for active mo's and people who don't quit over a few incs.

comments like maz/sid can't see what's being sent as they aint online at night, only show how stupid they are as they check every night what's incoming to sort out retals.
Besides that i don't MO as much lately (even tho i'm still among the most active ones).
Covering my calls and elviz and going offline afterwards? lol don't make me laugh
as said more often... find me a gal who does ingal def, reports incs, gives scans/bcalcs, possible added ingal defence straight away and are on same priority with planets actually on the highest roidcounts making it important to cover and i will do so if possible. Doubt anyone can honestly say i don't. (except chika ofc, but he has his own little dreamworld)

And fish, elviz being a defwhore? might be so in your standards, but first off he HATES MOing for himself for this very reason as he's afraid he gets shit like this, so he almost never does. He is hardly ever overdefended, as we always mail if people can recall.
Also in terms of overdeffing you should look at yourself and some 'high' NDers a bit more before complaining about elviz. I personally remember you and some other high NDers to not even bother getting FA all round long, so we faked all day on you, simply as you defwhored. See the irony?

Besides that if all the active MO's and HC's in 1up don't say we do that... how can a few outsiders do claim we do it? it really surprises me...

p.s. I ONLY replied cuz chika said i wouldn't, then said i would. (if anyone asked)
p.p.s If some things didn't make sense, i just woke up and haven't stopped laughing at alot of people here since
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 12:21   #130
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher
as said more often... find me a gal who does ingal def, reports incs, gives scans/bcalcs, possible added ingal defence straight away and are on same priority with planets actually on the highest roidcounts making it important to cover and i will do so if possible. Doubt anyone can honestly say i don't. (except chika ofc, but he has his own little dreamworld)
most gals dont tell there members, to build certain ships to defend them else they'd be exiled though innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnit

you know i <3 you and elviz though
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 12:25   #131
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
most gals dont tell there members, to build certain ships to defend them else they'd be exiled though innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnit

you know i <3 you and elviz though
who have we exiled tho on that basis?
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 12:28   #132
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
And fish, elviz being a defwhore? might be so in your standards, but first off he HATES MOing for himself for this very reason as he's afraid he gets shit like this, so he almost never does. He is hardly ever overdefended, as we always mail if people can recall.
Also in terms of overdeffing you should look at yourself and some 'high' NDers a bit more before complaining about elviz. I personally remember you and some other high NDers to not even bother getting FA all round long, so we faked all day on you, simply as you defwhored. See the irony?
Speaking from an outsiders point of view, I always see JGP's of plenty of def on elviz, more so than I have seen on other 1up planets, and there is always talk of the 'unroidable planet'... til Gate roided him and you tried to catch Gate.

Look at myself? I barely got incs in R14 (the only round I had a big planet) and the night 1up came for ND, they came for my planet first (because I didnt have FA, or if I did I had **** all amps) I got an SMS from Sprit telling me I had 15 1up fleets on me, I told him to let them roid me.

Gate on the other hand, is probably a bigger def whore than Elviz.
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 12:31   #133
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Code:
		Total Gained Roids	Total Lost Roids

cypher = 	5,100			3,600

elviz =		3,900			2,900
If I was to make the claim that "all defence covers cypher and elviz" I'd expect more dramatic results than that. Those are pretty standard - they've lost a lot of roids, even though they try to cover most incs in-gal.

One of the main reasons they get defence for most calls is because of their high defence priority. Mine was/is low and so I don't often get it. That'd be why I have less than 200 roids*

*and 5 waves on me - pld ND and subh!
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 12:31   #134
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
They get most incs, simply because they are def sinks. Alliances know this and use it to there advantage. No more to say really.
Any big planet in any alliance are in general defence sinks, although in my experience ive seen cyph/elviz get roided more than most, I think if you look at there lost roids this round and last you can see that they most certainly arent defence sinks. Im not going to go into 1up policy as far as defence goes because thats not my job but I never see them being over-covered etc.

Also Angels and ND coming here saying they are defence sinks makes me cack my pants with the history of the high profile players in each alliance. Sitting here now theres a certain ND planet who is more than high profile in the alliance who I could hit with 599 harpies and 1 bs and I could drag about 10 fleets of defence (although maybe two times ive been unlucky - )

I think most would agree that you would cover those planets who help you out, ie give you calc, tell you what gal defence and home fleet they can have/get. It makes getting defence easier and more efficient and wastes less of your time and means you can concentrate on other calls (maybe its just me though) I wish there were members with as much dedication as cyph/elviz
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 12:41   #135
WeaponX
Legends live forever

WeaponX is a splendid one to beholdWeaponX is a splendid one to beholdWeaponX is a splendid one to beholdWeaponX is a splendid one to beholdWeaponX is a splendid one to beholdWeaponX is a splendid one to beholdWeaponX is a splendid one to behold

active, high value/roid/defending players getting defended more than others?

shocker what has happend to this game
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 12:43   #136
Cocteau
Cherry Colored Funk

Cocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to all

Quote:
I see a mild arguement of wrather Elvis/cypher (many have stated thier names, but they will respond since I said something)(said that so they won't respond) take up the defence. I have seen very active planets get roided and elvis/cypher amazingly get covered. While cypher Dc'ing, I have seen top planets get Fr incoming, and go uncovered, and amazingly when he or elvis get Fr incoming the next tick, there is suddenly a lot of anti fr for them. I have sat in the DC room doing calls, for 6-7 hours, and I would see cypher/elvis/or someone else in thier gals get incoming, and automatically cypher would un-idle, and pop into the DC room and start doing his/thier calls. btwmw or whatever his name is, is speaking out of pure speculation, and Mazz and other 1up are purely just lying and denying it, or were completely oblivious to what was going on( When 1up had the round sealed, normally sid/mazz never on at night, only Zhil, and he couldn't notice if a cat was clawing his ass) but the individuals mentioned most certainly did "soak up defence. Yeah, I was a dc in 1up from its start, and yeah, I am an asshole, and have called smart AD posters stupid. So obviously I am lying about what I witnessed over the rounds DC'ing in 1up. Anyone with around the clock defence could end top 1. Elvis won that round simply because he had only lost like 100 roids or some ridiculous amount like that. while other huge planets, were getting roided nightly.

Eek. Atleast Banned, bwtmc have objective and valid points with regards to skill in pure gaming. But your post along with Fish and Furball is a total exaggeeration and slander.

Whenever elviz/cyph's gal in r14 get incs. I dont think there's an incident by which cypher will MO only for that reason and suck up def and totally violate 1up's system.

Your recollection is exaggerated as most of elviz' gal incs that round are covered ingal. Also, he would normally extend effort for the gal, like if the morning shift person ring him and he awakes, he'll call the sleeping 1up members (nothing wrong about this) and sends to his gal, as the tools is clear that the planet in his gal is on priority for that ship class. Bear in mind that in that round, whenever his gal have incs - most likely other 1up gals/members have minimun to no incs since a 1up hostile alliance hitting his gal needs most of their forces concentrated because of the sheer size of elviz' gal.

Since elviz is damn active, i would pressume that he/someone called up cypher, as cyphie is damn good in stats/calc/practical decision making to handle those incs - not to mention one of the best MO for that round. Im sure cypher extended his MO hours while doing his own call for the gal in that night you're claiming, and in the process of doing his own gals' calls - i could attest that he's doing the calls by priority and also doing calls of other members not in his gal. I remember an incident wherein i didnt get 1up def, but will be covered ingal since another big 1up member from another gal have CO incs too and got higher priority than me. Also, take into consideration that in that round, 1up members in that gal have high def priority (i.e. elviz and desse are in top 15-20 def pointer). The mere fact that you didnt instead volunteer to MO the calls instead of cyphie that night, given that you think he's abusing his power, just goes to show at that instance - cyphie's timing on MO'ing is within his shift and his MO services are needed for that tick.
Really need you

-- My Bloody Valentine
Cocteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 12:49   #137
cypher
U've been Moderated

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
Successful value players are, the majority of the time, successful because of the following, and NOT because they're skillful:

Planet Naps on 'entering' alliance wars.
Alliance hopping.
DC/MO abuse.
Support planets. Or whatever you want to call friends outside your alliance/galaxy.

The current #1 of this round has shown far more tact in-game than those of the last three rounds. I'm absolutely certain of that.

XP has been, thus far, hugely influential to this round. Consider..

Please consider, that the last few 'value' rounds preceeding it have been largely dominated by the features of the game we least like.
forgot to reply to this...
I don't do alliance hopping
I never had a napped planet to an enemy alliance
DC/MO abuse makes me laugh, but i already posted about this as have other 1up HC's and MO's who are actually active themselves so can easily see.
I don't do support planets, except for elviz ofc. He's my private support planet
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 13:04   #138
ChipZ^
Registered AbUser

ChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig

Also Angels and ND coming here saying they are defence sinks makes me cack my pants with the history of the high profile players in each alliance. Sitting here now theres a certain ND planet who is more than high profile in the alliance who I could hit with 599 harpies and 1 bs and I could drag about 10 fleets of defence (although maybe two times ive been unlucky - )
I don't think they are necessarily defence sinks, ND DC's just over defend everything. I'd often get enough defence against my tiny fake fr fleet last round to kill/freeze/steal every ship :|
ChipZ^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 13:08   #139
ChipZ^
Registered AbUser

ChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't do support planets, except for elviz ofc. He's my private support planet
OMFG delete them both incely!!! <3
ChipZ^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 14:00   #140
Alki
Drink is Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Any big planet in any alliance are in general defence sinks, although in my experience ive seen cyph/elviz get roided more than most, I think if you look at there lost roids this round and last you can see that they most certainly arent defence sinks. Im not going to go into 1up policy as far as defence goes because thats not my job but I never see them being over-covered etc.
your actually telling me, that in this current round and last, were attacking is the main priority over defence, the amount of roids they have lost atm is alot? Crack another one, those amount of roids lost is a joke for this round, and if you claim otherwise, your lying
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 14:40   #141
tpb

tpb is a jewel in the roughtpb is a jewel in the roughtpb is a jewel in the rough

First I didnt read all the posts so dont flame to hard if I missed something.

Anyways I wonder what about the new players some hope this xp based game attracts?

As far as I can see galaxies inn addition to allaince is worth nothing inn a game where defence and value means so little as it does inn the current round of PA.

As far as I have seen its very unlikely that a newbie got the grasp of ship stats to know how to xp whore for score.
And its also very unlikely that he/she will attack whenever fleets are free.
Or for that matter attack once a day.
So if score/xp is what should motivate me as a GC for helping a newbie it aint mutch point inn the effort.
However any newbie can with a little help make a decent fleet to help out the galaxy when under attack.

Why should I bother with setting up an irc channel, making posts on forum, sending msg's to new gal m8s, write loong detailed step by step guides on how to connect to irc and register nicks etc etc. if there is no point inn having one more def fleet usable for cross def inn gal.
Since as been pointed out def is largely useless.

Im pretty sure I could go thru a round and get better score then I have now with never connecting to irc, dont post a word on galaxy forum and never ever even glance at the inngame msg system.

If I did that then the only chanse of interaction with other players the newbies inn my galaxy would have is to read AD.
And how many of you would start playing this game after reading most of the posts inn here ;-)
tpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 14:50   #142
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpb
As far as I can see galaxies inn addition to allaince is worth nothing inn a game where defence and value means so little as it does inn the current round of PA.
You can't see far enough. Alliances and galaxies are definitely worthwhile. First off, if you're a Zik, you can cap more ships ingal than you can sending out of gal. Secondly, alliances have other functions than sending defense.

Quote:
As far as I have seen its very unlikely that a newbie got the grasp of ship stats to know how to xp whore for score.
It doesn't take much to teach them enough though
Quote:
And its also very unlikely that he/she will attack whenever fleets are free.
Or for that matter attack once a day.
So if score/xp is what should motivate me as a GC for helping a newbie it aint mutch point inn the effort.
Again, you're wrong. If score/xp is what motivates you, then you have every reason to make sure your newbies are playing for score/xp or willing to defend you every now and then.

Quote:
However any newbie can with a little help make a decent fleet to help out the galaxy when under attack.
Yeah, PA should really just be about getting people to defend you!

Quote:
Why should I bother with setting up an irc channel, making posts on forum, sending msg's to new gal m8s, write loong detailed step by step guides on how to connect to irc and register nicks etc etc. if there is no point inn having one more def fleet usable for cross def inn gal.
Since as been pointed out def is largely useless.
My galaxy has taught several newbies about IRC this round, it would appear that all this is despite mostly playing for XP. I don't understand why people think defense is useless for XP players. While losing some roids to lose value is often a good way to make a good cap, playing for XP is all about converting small amounts of resources/ships into large amounts of XP. If you can't build ships, you can't gain XP.

Quote:
Im pretty sure I could go thru a round and get better score then I have now with never connecting to irc, dont post a word on galaxy forum and never ever even glance at the inngame msg system.
You probably could. I hear BIG aren't too big on IRC (no pun intende), despite being a top10 alliance with many top100 players. I don't think we should hold that against them, quite the contrary.
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 15:08   #143
jerome

Quote:
Ofc, I would cover what I have the most info on first. But, that isn't the case Jerome. This is during the uncanny activity of 1up ages, EVERYONE was pm'ing full info on thier incoming.
Furball, I love when people like you respond, because I don't have to respond, as I clearly rock more than you do. only difference is that I say what I feel, and you kiss everyone's ass. Does that make your word hold more water than mines? No. It makes you an ass kisser. "Blanket party for the Brownnoser".
why is my name being put into this?
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 15:24   #144
pig
1up on you

Quote:
why is my name being put into this?
I think he thought I was you are vice versa
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 15:40   #145
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
**** you, I'm more 1up than you.

I didn't speculate about that alliance whatsoever, stop saying I did!
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 15:44   #146
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

Quote:
forgot to reply to this...
I don't do alliance hopping
I never had a napped planet to an enemy alliance
DC/MO abuse makes me laugh, but i already posted about this as have other 1up HC's and MO's who are actually active themselves so can easily see.
THE WORLD DOESN'T REVOLVE AROUND YOU. I WASN'T TALKING ABOUT YOU.

R14's a useless comparison, I've already said that. R15's a great comparison, HENCE what I said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocteau
Eek. Atleast Banned, bwtmc have objective and valid points with regards to skill in pure gaming. But your post along with Fish and Furball is a total exaggeeration and slander.

Whenever elviz/cyph's gal in r14 get incs. I dont think there's an incident by which cypher will MO only for that reason and suck up def and totally violate 1up's system.

Your recollection is exaggerated as most of elviz' gal incs that round are covered ingal. Also, he would normally extend effort for the gal, like if the morning shift person ring him and he awakes, he'll call the sleeping 1up members (nothing wrong about this) and sends to his gal, as the tools is clear that the planet in his gal is on priority for that ship class. Bear in mind that in that round, whenever his gal have incs - most likely other 1up gals/members have minimun to no incs since a 1up hostile alliance hitting his gal needs most of their forces concentrated because of the sheer size of elviz' gal.

Since elviz is damn active, i would pressume that he/someone called up cypher, as cyphie is damn good in stats/calc/practical decision making to handle those incs - not to mention one of the best MO for that round. Im sure cypher extended his MO hours while doing his own call for the gal in that night you're claiming, and in the process of doing his own gals' calls - i could attest that he's doing the calls by priority and also doing calls of other members not in his gal. I remember an incident wherein i didnt get 1up def, but will be covered ingal since another big 1up member from another gal have CO incs too and got higher priority than me. Also, take into consideration that in that round, 1up members in that gal have high def priority (i.e. elviz and desse are in top 15-20 def pointer). The mere fact that you didnt instead volunteer to MO the calls instead of cyphie that night, given that you think he's abusing his power, just goes to show at that instance - cyphie's timing on MO'ing is within his shift and his MO services are needed for that tick.
Thank you so much cocteau for reading the thread (and not one post) and for addressing chika`'s completely pointless post.

Last edited by bwtmc; 8 Mar 2006 at 15:51.
bwtmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 16:13   #147
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocteau
Bollocks to that, I think you're just throwing in names here for the sake of it.

Quote:
I love it when you respond, all anyone has to do is mention a possible problem with 1up and you're straight in to tell us all about it.

I don't need to kiss anyone's ass, most people know me for who and what I am. Mazz and I get on well (I'm not sure you can say the same about any 1ups), that's why we'll chat in the thread. We also understand that AD isn't Planetarion and it's not IRC. If there's points to be made, no-one with any sense is going to hold it against you for doing just that. Peoples' loathing of you is because you don't understand this, and it's why there's very few alliances left which would take you.
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 16:19   #148
jerome

i'm on good terms with chika
edit: forgot i'm not 1up.
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 16:41   #149
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
i'm on good terms with chika
edit: forgot i'm not 1up.
jerome is like a ninja. In the sense they both use sharp objects to cut people. jerome just hasn't quite moved on from practicing on himself yet
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 20:58   #150
Alki
Drink is Good

emo ftw oh look you just made him cut himself. again.