User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 8 Sep 2003, 13:56   #1
Zword
more then you can ever be

Zword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these parts
industrial robot IRB 6/2

I have to get this robot thing working but the manual does not really explain who the x , y and z cordinates work. It only tels me that i can got from 1 place to another but i doesn't tell me how.

*Meaning what do i have to write down on paper so that the robot knows it has to move to that x , y and z coordinate. So that it can pick up stuff and drop it at the next location

btw: I have never programmed anything in my life ....
(20:55:52) (@w2k) if registrations are disabled how did spinner sign up :\
(20:56:29) (@w2k) spinner isnt cool anymore

(06:41:50) (Shai-gar) Add meaple to Your Ignore List
(06:42:00) (Ghosteh) why?
(06:42:24) (Shai-gar) i dislike the ****
(06:42:37) (Ghosteh) heh

/me likes meaple <3
Zword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2003, 14:08   #2
Flexium
Professional lazy man

Flexium is an unknown quantity at this point
as far as i know about cnc programming:
every 'move' a robot can do, is represented with a lettre in the program code. ex: 'G' stands for move arm to coordinates, 'M' stands for slow moving, etc..
so you should get hold of the proper commands for this particular robot...
and then make your program sheet:
NR Command X Y Z
1 G 450 115 300
2 L ...
Flexium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2003, 14:17   #3
Zword

Zword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these parts
yeah but that is the point. I've got the sheet ..(well sheet , a book with well over 300 pages ffs)

and it goes like this

10 v= xmm/s mag = y mm/s
20 tcp 1
30 robot coord
40 frame 0
50 wait until input z=1
60 pos v = v%
70 pos v = v%
80 pos v = v%
90 return

it all goes by these numbers. But i don't see any coordinates in this thing so i don't under stand how it moves ffs . I know how put the correct speed in and how to make curves. But that doesn't really work if i don't know how to input the points where the thing has to move to .

/me likes meaple <3
Unread 8 Sep 2003, 14:24   #4
Flexium
Professional lazy man

Flexium is an unknown quantity at this point
hrmm, i've never seen something like that (not that i am very experienced, but i did follow a course about robot programming)
so i can't help you sorry

edit: perhaps it has got something to do with relative coordinates in stead of absolute coordinates, but now i'm just guessing...
Flexium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2003, 14:25   #5
Zword

heh np m8y .....

this is my first day of robo programming to
Guess this will take some time

/me likes meaple <3
Unread 8 Sep 2003, 15:00   #6
Zword

/me is going cnuts of this

/me likes meaple <3
Unread 8 Sep 2003, 15:22   #7
Zword

gee i finaly figured out how that thing works.
(all the things it can do ect.)
But the only thing I havn't figured out yet is how it freaking moves. I just don't get that bit

/me likes meaple <3
Unread 8 Sep 2003, 16:16   #8
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Have you figured out how to stop it killing Sarah Conner yet ?

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2003, 16:23   #9
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Don't know if this helps at all:

http://www.me.uwaterloo.ca/~jph/me547lab.html

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 8 Sep 2003, 21:16   #10
Muslim
Banned

Muslim is an unknown quantity at this point
how on earth did they give you a robot?
Muslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2003, 23:21   #11
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
arrr that brings back memories, tho i always just cheated and got a programme to convert CAD drawings to g code automatically, iirc they only use humans now to improve the effeciency of the movements particularly with mass production industries.

btw does your robot have an automatic tool changer?

automatic tool changers