User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 17 Sep 2003, 17:35   #1
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
antidepressants

i'm scared to go see my doctor cause she thinks i'm depressed and need antidepressants or something

and anyway this morning some classmates and i were talking about antidepressants and how we're worried about taking mood altering drugs.

i'm just wondering from those of you who take them... do they really work? or is it just the mind thing that makes them work?
Unread 17 Sep 2003, 17:38   #2
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
i know a few people who are on them and they say they work...

check out the side effects first though.
Unread 17 Sep 2003, 17:39   #3
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Deepflow
check out the side effects first though.
Many can cause suicidal urges aparently.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2003, 17:41   #4
Crackmonkey
monkey on crack

Crackmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Seems to work for that cartoon head guy in the commercial......
Unread 17 Sep 2003, 17:43   #5
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Dear Aryn,

Find your self a big fat ****!

Chop off its head.

Dice, add vegetables and water then cook slowly for hours.

Chicken soup, its good for the soul.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2003, 17:43   #6
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: antidepressants

Quote:
Originally posted by Aryn
i'm scared to go see my doctor cause she thinks i'm depressed and need antidepressants or something
So tell her to **** off? Just because she says you should take them it doesn't mean you HAVE to take them, jeez.
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2003, 17:49   #7
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The doctor is acting in your best interests.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2003, 17:58   #8
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
haha Aryn is a loser!
Unread 17 Sep 2003, 18:05   #9
the dying puppy
Banned

the dying puppy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

and anyway this morning some classmates and i were talking about antidepressants and how we're worried about taking mood altering drugs.

i'm just wondering from those of you who take them... do they really work? or is it just the mind thing that makes them work?
Here is advise from future Pharmacyst. Even though I still have 5 years to go before I can suggest anything to anyone, but... I would suggest you not taking any antidepressants at all, sooner or later they will **** you up.
Plus, knowing that you are still quet young, I think it's stupid of even considering taking those drugs.
I think you should go and see "Matchstick Man" instead, it will give you some ideas about doctors, patients and medication, and it's also a very good film!
the dying puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2003, 18:06   #10
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
hmm

it depends if the ones that consume all your former self and make you walk around a shallow zombie of your former self or not.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2003, 18:09   #11
seventh
Lai

seventh is an unknown quantity at this point
i was on them for a little while, well, mood stabilisers.

eventually i got pissed off cos it was like being asleep. i wasnt in control but i was. it wasnt the usual me, it was drugged up me, so i came off them. and ive never been happier.
[18:02]<DJ_Bass>When i was just a knee basher i ran outside with a coat hanger above my head thinking it would repel lightning

[18:03]<Ashknight>If it hit you, now that would explain a LOT
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Follow the guy in front
<[7th]Seventh> liseh?
<Bloomers> hmmm
<Bloomers> he's okay
<Bloomers> you are fitter tho
seventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2003, 18:12   #12
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
Re: hmm

Quote:
Originally posted by Mushroom
it depends if the ones that consume all your former self and make you walk around a shallow zombie of your former self or not.
Quote:
Originally posted by seventh
i was on them for a little while, well, mood stabilisers.

eventually i got pissed off cos it was like being asleep. i wasnt in control but i was. it wasnt the usual me, it was drugged up me, so i came off them. and ive never been happier.
QED.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2003, 18:38   #13
-=Zyth=-
Paranoid Android

-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about
Aryn if you get the chance come to #hr and I will tell you all about it.

[SiN]
Safety in Numbers

NEVER AGAIN! Retired
-=Zyth=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2003, 19:06   #14
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: antidepressants

Quote:
Originally posted by the dying puppy

I think you should go and see "Matchstick Man" instead, it will give you some ideas about doctors, patients and medication, and it's also a very good film!
i saw that last night!!
my friends phoned me up and invited me to go :P

(btw.. obviously i'm not taking any, seriously planning to.. i'm just curious. and i haven't seen my doctor in 6 months because of her hinting and i don't plan on going back any time soon)
Unread 17 Sep 2003, 19:20   #15
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
You should not take them. They can **** you seriously up, no matter what.

Besides, doctors suck at these things. A close family member almost died beacause a doctor thought he was depressed, and gave him anti-depressants. He ended up lying in bed for 2 1/2 years.

"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2003, 20:03   #16
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place
helped me stop freaking out and refusing to go outside for long enough to sort my head out

side effects totally suck though
bit like being stoned all the time
and the first two weeks got even worse panic attacks

ask the doctor of what benefit he/she thinks they will be and in what way
they are definitely over prescribed these days
madi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2003, 20:41   #17
Muslim
Banned

Muslim is an unknown quantity at this point
aryn cant get a boyfriend
la la la la

remember that conversation we had when i interrupted your delicate genious? Yep Yep
it seems you are paying the price of being evil to men

loliness is both crime and a punishment

HA HA HA
=(
Muslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2003, 23:07   #18
Tzencath

Tzencath is an unknown quantity at this point
anti-depressants suck, i'm on them, all they do is make you want to shout and beat **** up, but all you can do is sit there and almost smile.

get stoned instead, everythings much nicer.
Unread 17 Sep 2003, 23:25   #19
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
It sounds like Aryn is on the verge of seeing a giant time-travelling .

Unread 17 Sep 2003, 23:30   #20
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Muslim
la la la la

remember that conversation we had when i interrupted your delicate genious? Yep Yep

HA HA HA
=(
Best post ever.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 00:10   #21
Aryn
Happy

Quote:
la la la la

HA HA HA
=(
muslim can't get a girlfriend
lalala

uhm.. i have no idea what you're talking about actually remind me.

oh and i'm not looking, but ta for caring
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 00:17   #22
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
Even if you are pecribed anti-depressents, you don't have to actually take them.

You're not afterall living in a nut-house.
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 00:26   #23
Aryn
Happy

Quote:
Originally posted by Cmdr_Cyrax
You're not afterall living in a nut-house.
that's what you think.
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 00:27   #24
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Quote:
that's what you think.
Could hardly be worse than mine...
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 00:30   #25
Aryn
Happy

trade?
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 00:36   #26
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
The doctor is acting in your best interests.
Physical health is objective, mental health is subjective. She's acting in what she thinks is your best interest.
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 00:37   #27
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Quote:
trade?
Damn, you called my bluff.

More late night poker for me.
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 00:55   #28
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by W
Physical health is objective, mental health is subjective. She's acting in what she thinks is your best interest.
From the Doctor's point of view, these are the same.
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 01:11   #29
Aryn
Happy

no actually i believe my doctor's point of view is 'if i make her believe she needs drugs i'll make more money'
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 01:14   #30
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
no actually i believe my doctor's point of view is 'if i make her believe she needs drugs i'll make more money'
This is why private healthcare sucks.
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 01:21   #31
Aryn
Happy

our healthcare isnt' privatized
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 02:08   #32
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Screwing up your head in a different way won't help your wellbeing in the slightest.
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 06:24   #33
Muslim
Banned

Quote:
muslim can't get a girlfriend
lalala

uhm.. i have no idea what you're talking about actually remind me.

oh and i'm not looking, but ta for caring
like that time you wore a ponytail and men would try to talk to you and you would give them the dirty look.... and liking to harm men in general
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 07:39   #34
Aryn
Happy

i didn't give men dirty looks
just the shocked 'what are you doing.. go away creepy man!' look.
completely different :\

and i don't wish all men general harm.. just a certain few.
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 08:24   #35
cnaw
Ancient

cnaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
i didn't give men dirty looks
just the shocked 'what are you doing.. go away creepy man!' look.
completely different :\

and i don't wish all men general harm.. just a certain few.
not me i hope
Falling from grace, the human race
Religion can never unite us
Only a few will stay on the barricades"
-Masterplan
cnaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 09:15   #36
seventh
Lai

seventh is an unknown quantity at this point
saying what i said however my friend has bipolar disorder and was suicidal for 6 months (ending in me running flat out three miles after him and then passing out whilst my mate got a bike caught up with him, dragged him back off a motorway bridge and had to punch him to the floor to stop himself jumping in front of a lorry) we took him to a hospital, they put him in observation till the pills kicked in. he is a lot happier now (not due to the drugs) but they certainly helped him overcome stuff
[18:02]<DJ_Bass>When i was just a knee basher i ran outside with a coat hanger above my head thinking it would repel lightning

[18:03]<Ashknight>If it hit you, now that would explain a LOT
Follow the guy in front
<[7th]Seventh> liseh?
<Bloomers> hmmm
<Bloomers> he's okay
<Bloomers> you are fitter tho
seventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 09:17   #37
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

Cynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really nice

Quote:

Trust your doctor. Take the pills.....

AND SELL THEM TO THE HIGHEST* BIDDER.

*Pun intended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
I wish we could trademark for a less shitty poster
hahahahahahaha, get it?
Cynical Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 10:06   #38
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:

I prescribe 30 minutes exercise per day, for 6 days per week for two months. if you are not feeling better, go to the doctor and get some antidepressants.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 10:09   #39
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
like that time you wore a ponytail and men would try to talk to you and you would give them the dirty look.... and liking to harm men in general
just because a woman wears a ponytail doesn't mean she will automatically open her legs for any man who tries to talk to her.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 13:11   #40
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
our healthcare isnt' privatized
So why will the doctor make more money if you take antidepressants?
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 16:15   #41
Aryn
Happy

because i'd have to pay to go see her again
you know.. they get paid for each visit they get.
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 16:22   #42
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

That's stupid too.
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 16:51   #43
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx
He ended up lying in bed for 2 1/2 years.
So? Half the people here fall into that category...

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 20:21   #44
Muslim
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
just because a woman wears a ponytail doesn't mean she will automatically open her legs for any man who tries to talk to her.
"courtesy" and "respect" are both interesting concepts
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 21:51   #45
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Originally posted by Toccata & Fugue

Alot of people confuse depression with unhappiness.

Thats certianly true.
Clearly everyone feels unhappy and down for some periods of time.
If its just general malaise and unhappiness your feeling then all you need to do is find something to do that makes you happier or change some aspect of your life thats not working out.

If your having disturbing thoughts or serious apathy for everything and acting in ways you know are not normal for you even when you were sad then the doc might have a point.

Personally I aint happy at the moment,my parents thought for a while that I was depressed and were hinting at seeing someone.

A little explination solved the problem.

Oh and my uncle was on anti-depressants for a while and they seriously screwed him up instead of helping.
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 21:53   #46
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by IncubusGod
If your having disturbing thoughts or serious apathy for everything and acting in ways you know are not normal for you even when you were sad then the doc might have a point.
What if someone has been having disturbing thoughts and serious apathy for their whole life?
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 23:19   #47
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Originally posted by queball
What if someone has been having disturbing thoughts and serious apathy for their whole life?
Then thats clearly normal for them,if they have thoughts of kittens and fluffy things then they should immediatly present themselves at the nearest Nut House for an emergency lobotomy!
Unread 19 Sep 2003, 00:02   #48
G_frog
Look over there!

G_frog is an unknown quantity at this point
In my case the main effect of antidepressents has been that they have have improved my concentration and memory, and restored my sleep to something like human norms (i.e. <10hrs/night rather than >14hrs/night, and i no longer suffer fatigue during the day). It remains to be seen whether i am less prone to anxiety and mood depression when i return to a more stressful enviroment. The only side effects were a slight sense of nausea for the first day or so.

It is possible this is a placebo effect of course, but it seems unlikely as the things have gone through double-blind clinical trials.

Contrary to what Tocatta & Fugue says, a course of anti-depressants can permanently cure the physiological side of depression.
Unread 19 Sep 2003, 00:08   #49
queball
Ball

Quote:
Originally posted by G_frog
...they have have improved my concentration and memory...
<insert joke>

Quote:
(i.e. <10hrs/night rather than >14hrs/night, and i no longer suffer fatigue during the day).
My doc said depressed people are supposed to wake up early. :-/
Unread 19 Sep 2003, 00:15   #50
G_frog
Look over there!

G_frog is an unknown quantity at this point
depression almost always leads to altered sleep patterns, usually disrupted sleep but sometimes excessive sleepiness.