User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Sep 2003, 20:09   #1
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
Obese?

Since when did the word 'obese' became all hip and trendy, I've been hearing it everywhere these days on tellyvision and other places. Whatever happened to being a fat mother****er?
I mean, when you're walking in the street and see some 120 kg guy walking about do you think 'oh what an obese man' or 'jesus christ, what a lard ass'. Just because fat people don't want to be called fat doesn't mean they are obese, why should we encourage them in their unhealthy fatness by using an eufemism to describe their condition?

I mean, obese is a word oprah would have a talkshow about, should that not be enough to never ever use that word, ever?
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2003, 20:13   #2
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I've always thought that obese was far more insulting than 'fat'.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2003, 20:19   #3
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
I am gentle.

Matrim
Unread 4 Sep 2003, 20:27   #4
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
I've always thought that obese was far more insulting than 'fat'.
afaik obese is pc, so probably not really insulting.
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2003, 20:57   #5
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Obese is the medical term.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2003, 21:01   #6
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
For "grossly overweight people," not "regular overweight people".

:. Obese is an overused word.
Unread 4 Sep 2003, 21:03   #7
Muslim
Banned

Muslim is an unknown quantity at this point
how about farking nigga then?
do you think its confortable for a black person to hear?
Muslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2003, 21:05   #8
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by Muslim
how about farking nigga then?
do you think its confortable for a black person to hear?
Surely that would depend on who said it.
Unread 4 Sep 2003, 21:07   #9
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Muslim
farking
FARK sucks dude :ninja:
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2003, 21:07   #10
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Perhaps I should alter my signature so that it becomes more insulting.

Nah.

Matrim
Unread 4 Sep 2003, 21:11   #11
Muslim
Banned

I just weighted myself
I am 80,8 KG heavy

as in

I am 20 years old

as in

I am 1,86 meters tall
Unread 4 Sep 2003, 21:16   #12
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Muslim has a BMI of 23.3. 30 or above is obese.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2003, 21:18   #13
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

According to this site:

http://www.halls.md/body-mass-index/av.htm

My body mass index is 21.6.

Also according to it 66% of the population in my age range in America is more obese than me.

Matrim
Unread 4 Sep 2003, 21:21   #14
Muslim
Banned

maybe they are just stronger, with a lot of muscles and ****, like arnie
Unread 4 Sep 2003, 21:23   #15
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Probably. After all they eat McPriotein burgers all day.

Matrim
Unread 4 Sep 2003, 21:30   #16
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Body Mass Index: 20.1

Hideously underweight? Probably. Cool.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2003, 21:33   #17
Muslim
Banned

my brother has an CmI of 18,4

hes 194cm tall though
Unread 4 Sep 2003, 21:33   #18
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
My BMI is 25.
Which makes me considerably larger than any of you.

But not obese!
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2003, 21:41   #19
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
but there again, i am in the process of losing about a stone so that will go down soon