User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 27 Aug 2003, 00:01   #1
Chojin
Muslim Jr.

Chojin is an unknown quantity at this point
Signs

Isn't it wierd to find a movie where the big twist of the storyline is the fact that there's actually no twist to it?
Chojin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 00:05   #2
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
*SPOILER*

I think the fact that lots of random stuff which happens in the movie is actually part of some God delivered plan to help them is a bit of a surprise if not a twist per se.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 00:13   #3
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
*SPOILER*
Indeed.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 00:42   #4
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
I was surprised to find the aliens were such pansies. I mean, they come from across the galaxy and their most advanced weapons are gas puffs, with a range of 5 inches? In real life that farm house would've had a few shotguns, and the aliens woulda had their asses kicked.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 00:45   #5
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I thought that, although I suppose it could be argued he's some sort of pacifist Christian.
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 00:45   #6
Add

Add will become famous soon enoughAdd will become famous soon enough
in real life a species intellegent enough to develop inter-galactic travel would not have come to a planet that is 2/3rds water and attack a race that is 80% water when their biggest weakness is, well, water.
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 00:50   #7
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by Add
in real life a species intellegent enough to develop inter-galactic travel would not have come to a planet that is 2/3rds water and attack a race that is 80% water when their biggest weakness is, well, water.
Bacteria are probably capable of intergalactic travel. Nothing to do with intelligence. I assume an intelligent (similar to me) species would wear raincoats.
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 00:50   #8
Dante Hicks
Clerk

I didn't get the premise of the movie anyway. I mean, God killed his wife to make sure she could give him the secret message to help fight the aliens, plus made the brothers life really pathetic just so he could do some baseball bat action.

Why the **** did he send the aliens in the first place?

If it was all just to test Mel Gibsons faith then I'm sure some kind of examination paper would have been cheaper.
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 00:53   #9
Add

Quote:
Originally posted by queball
Bacteria are probably capable of intergalactic travel. Nothing to do with intelligence. I assume an intelligent (similar to me) species would wear raincoats.
so it's ok for humans to live on mercury so long as we develop suits that can keep the heat out. don't be so pedantic. you know what i meant, why attack a planet that is made up of a substance you can't stand when you are perfectly capable of finding a planet more suitable to you.
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 00:53   #10
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
I didn't get the premise of the movie anyway. I mean, God killed his wife to make sure she could give him the secret message to help fight the aliens, plus made the brothers life really pathetic just so he could do some baseball bat action.

If it was all just to test Mel Gibsons faith then I'm sure some kind of examination paper would have been cheaper.
Obligatory "mysterious ways" reply.

I think it's supposed to play on our experiences of coincidences and faith. The story doesn't require the existence of a god to make sense.
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 00:55   #11
queball
Ball

Quote:
Originally posted by Add
so it's ok for humans to live on mercury so long as we develop suits that can keep the heat out. don't be so pedantic. you know what i meant, why attack a planet that is made up of a substance you can't stand when you are perfectly capable of finding a planet more suitable to you.
I wouldn't. But then, why pick out a really weak plot hole when there are holes worthy of a Christmas Island domain? You don't know how they work, and you don't know how suitable waterless planets might be. They might need water based lifeforms for something.
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 00:56   #12
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
I think it's supposed to play on our experiences of coincidences and faith. The story doesn't require the existence of a god to make sense.
It made sense, I just didn't get the premise. Gibson's characters "reconversion" seemed to be the focal point of the movie.
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 00:58   #13
Add

Quote:
I wouldn't. But then, why pick out a really weak plot hole when there are holes worthy of a Christmas Island domain? You don't know how they work, and you don't know how suitable waterless planets might be. They might need water based lifeforms for something.
wasn't the plot aliens are taking over the earth...
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 01:00   #14
queball
Ball

Yes. So, do you think that hostile water-averse aliens will never come to Earth? Your loss, you're the one who won't think of using those half empty cups.
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 01:03   #15
Add

Quote:
Yes. So, do you think that hostile water-averse aliens will never come to Earth? Your loss, you're the one who won't think of using those half empty cups.
whatever.
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 01:52   #16
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
it does seem a tad odd they choose a planet where large parts of it they would die in.

where a single human with a hosepipe can wipe out their entire 'armada' of aliens

it just struck me as a tad stupid too.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 01:58   #17
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future
stupid movie.

i fell asleep 5/10 mins before the end i think.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 03:15   #18
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
i can't believe my dad bought the DVD
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 04:15   #19
Koolism

Quote:

reread this, isnt this way a lot more fun, not to mention funny. then go read the book of job. and various terry pratchett books including the last hero and colour of magic. it should all start to make sense after that.

god plays dice, he throw them at someone and he wins if they say ouch
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 13:04   #20
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
the saddest part is that most christians have had religious experiences that were far more impressive (/miraculous) then this one.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 13:52   #21
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by acropolis
the saddest part is that most christians have had religious experiences that were far more impressive (/miraculous) then this one.
experiencing death and discovering their entire relgious life was a waste because the Bible, God and JC were all lies? What a miracle!

yeh that is a shock

oh well

Zar
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 14:12   #22
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Originally posted by Zar
experiencing death and discovering their entire relgious life was a waste because the Bible, God and JC were all lies? What a miracle!

yeh that is a shock

oh well

Zar
there are plenty of good, witty atheist replies to my post.

i really can't say that was one of them
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 14:15   #23
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future
Quote:
there are plenty of good, witty atheist replies to my post.

i really can't say that was one of them
it was intented to be good.

it was directly aimed at taking the piss out of christians

Zar
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 15:02   #24
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
the alien walking out didn't even scare me
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 16:20   #25
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

Quote:
Originally posted by Zar
it was intented to be good.

it was directly aimed at taking the piss out of christians

Zar
yeah but you had so many great directions to take it in...

maybe something like "religious experiences" having to do with catholic priests and young boys
or
"religious experiences" involving seeing the image of the virgin mary in your cottage cheese
or
"religious experiences" like getting a really bad splinter, praying, and MIRACULOUSLY SURVIVING

but you go with
"religious experiences" like GOD DOESNT EXIST YOO STOOPID CRISCHUNS!!

seemed like a waste to me, but then I'm biased.
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 16:54   #26
queball
Ball

Quote:
Yes, but after the young choirboys had been saved from a splintery death by His Miraculous Grace and hypnotised by the Miraculous Cheese, they decided to keep their Miraculous Anal Experience secret.
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 19:35   #27
Muslim
Banned

Muslim is an unknown quantity at this point
I make a topic about Apocalypse now, and no one takes it serioulsy
chojin makes a topic about stupid freaking signs and you all find this ubber rubish movie interesting enough to build a discussion upon it??

typical gd behaviour...
Muslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 19:37   #28
Dante Hicks
Clerk

While the movie may be poor it contains enough cod philosophy to make it topic worthy. Anyway, no-one likes a Thread cry-baby, no-one took your discussion worthwhile, get over it.
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 19:43   #29
Muslim
Banned

Quote:
While the movie may be poor it contains enough cod philosophy to make it topic worthy. Anyway, no-one likes a Thread cry-baby, no-one took your discussion worthwhile, get over it.
I was pointing out the shallowness and lack of inteligence and taste amognst gders, not complaining about me not getting attention

so "typical gd behaviour"
I would never comply about lack of attention, because that would be the opposite to "typical gd behaviour", since i seem to be often targeted
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 19:47   #30
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally posted by Muslim
I was pointing out the shallowness and lack of inteligence and taste amognst gders, not complaining about me not getting attention
Taste is entirely subjective so I won't comment on that (all that means is that people don't have the same taste as you), but the people here seem fairly smart.

It seems that well over 50% of people here attended (or have attended, or will attend) university, and of these a disproportionate number seem to be at "elite" or good universities. While this doesn't mean much by itself, it probably does mean that education wise GD is way above the mean average. Basically, I see no justification for disparaging remarks about GD's intelligence.
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 19:53   #31
Muslim
Banned

Quote:
Taste is entirely subjective so I won't comment on that (all that means is that people don't have the same taste as you), but the people here seem fairly smart.

It seems that well over 50% of people here attended (or have attended, or will attend) university, and of these a disproportionate number seem to be at "elite" or good universities. While this doesn't mean much by itself, it probably does mean that education wise GD is way above the mean average. Basically, I see no justification for disparaging remarks about GD's intelligence.
taste is not subjective in arts
thats why we have us.imdb.com where taste is measured, there are good movies and bad movies period
while education measures "how much are you willing to waste your time on trying to learn something", there is no conection whatsoever to intelligence.
there is a lot of inteligent people in here (hello nodrog) but the average poster seem to be far less than that
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 19:54   #32
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:

so "typical gd behaviour"
I would never comply about lack of attention, because that would be the opposite to "typical gd behaviour", since i seem to be often targeted
dont you think it would be kind of boring to talk about a movie that a large part of the people on this board probably think of as beeing brilliant?
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 19:56   #33
Muslim
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by wu_trax
dont you think it would be kind of boring to talk about a movie that a large part of the people on this board probably think of as beeing brilliant?
if you read the thread you would know its not about the movie itself but the american society and their relation with other countries, etc etc
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 19:57   #34
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
thats why we have us.imdb.com where taste is measured, there are good movies and bad movies period
Heh. You do realise that if 50,000 people give their subjective opinion on something, and we take the average opinion of those 50,000 the result we have is still subjective, right?
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 20:00   #35
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Evidence of use of scientific method please.
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 20:04   #36
Muslim
Banned

Quote:
Heh. You do realise that if 50,000 people give their subjective opinion on something, and we take the average opinion of those 50,000 the result we have is still subjective, right?
nope
you take all that is inserted in making a movie, and put it in a scale.
The same way people say monalisa is good, venus de mileto, whatever.
its not subjective. A tale of Two cities, for instance, is something of a magical use of words. The same goes for movies. The point is that beauty is measurable
so the top models
humans are created to measure beauty in females for instance.
the same goes for arts, movies, books
its not subjective, its written in all of us
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 20:07   #37
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
nope
you take all that is inserted in making a movie, and put it in a scale.
The same way people say monalisa is good, venus de mileto, whatever.
its not subjective. A tale of Two cities, for instance, is something of a magical use of words. The same goes for movies. The point is that beauty is measurable
so the top models
humans are created to measure beauty in females for instance.
the same goes for arts, movies, books
its not subjective, its written in all of us
The Venus de Milo and the Mona Lisa are both regarded highly because of the skill that is evident in their creation.

Many people think the top models are unattractive.

Many people dislike the works of Charles Dickens.

It's a subjective choice.

A good example of this would be The Big Lebowski.

Some people think it's genius. Others hate it. It's like marmite.

Is one group right and one group wrong?

Whether a film is good or not comes down to more than cinematography.
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 20:17   #38
Muslim
Banned

and you said
techinical ability, etc. thats measurable
this techniques produce beauty, wheter in movies, books, sculptures.

i am pretty sure that you know what i am talking about but you bite the bullet.

as far as models go. The mathetical standarts their bodies presents show that she will have healthy kids, the proportion and the simetry show health. anyone who dont want to have healthy offspring is blatantly wrong
there is no taste to that
its a fact.
from this point on, this stretches to all fields
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 20:18   #39
queball
Ball

Dante v. Muslim
best football threads yet
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 20:21   #40
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
and you said
techinical ability, etc. thats measurable
this techniques produce beauty, wheter in movies, books, sculptures.
There are many technically accomplished works that are really really rubbish. Like Titanic.

Quote:
as far as models go. The mathetical standarts their bodies presents show that she will have healthy kids, the proportion and the simetry show health. anyone who dont want to have healthy offspring is blatantly wrong
there is no taste to that
its a fact.
from this point on, this stretches to all fields
Which models are these? Ours all look clinically unhealthy.
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 20:25   #41
Muslim
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
There are many technically accomplished works that are really really rubbish. Like Titanic.
"complete lack of expertise on writing a script"

Quote:
Which models are these? Ours all look clinically unhealthy.
the thin bit is a momentaneous frenzy of our society
nevertheless if you measure her faces, the will follow a strict pattern of simetry. As her skeletal bodie
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 20:30   #42
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Ebany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:

Have you looked at these models lately? In the main theyre clinically underweight, they have no breasts to speak of and they would clearly snap in two under the weight of a unborn baby. No way would the average 'supermodel' make a healthy mother. Why do you think people are constantly calling for the fashion industry to stop using such thin models as they are giving girls (and boys) a skewed idea of what is beautiful and they then get eating disorders.
Beauty is very subjective. There are things that make a face attractive, symmetry apparently being a major factor, but that hasnt caused everyone with an unsymmetrical face to fail to ever find love.

As for what makes a good film, it depends if you enjoy it. If you enjoy it, to you its a good film, same with music. Why would anyone make things that didnt fit these 'good' aspects otherwise. I happen to like 'The Tigger Movie'. I think its great. However, I know a lot of people who think its terrible. Is one of us wrong?
Ebany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 20:31   #43
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
"complete lack of expertise on writing a script"
How does one measure the absolute quality of a script?

Quote:
the thin bit is a momentaneous frenzy of our society
nevertheless if you measure her faces, the will follow a strict pattern of simetry. As her skeletal bodie
That has nothing at all to do with the ability to raise children.
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 20:35   #44
Muslim
Banned

Quote:
How does one measure the absolute quality of a script?
a story that is not dull, not overly cliche or catchy, suprising twists (if appliable to the spirit of the movie), a plot that make it a enjoyable movie, that gets you thinking, food for tought, per se, all this put together

and what do I know? i do not understand much about making movies, i just watch them

Quote:
That has nothing at all to do with the ability to raise children.
it has to do with having children with a good genectics, absence of missing/corrupted genes, and overall healty dna
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 20:37   #45
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Dante v. Muslim

a commie vs a virgin

feel free to shout 'cripple fight' anyone
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 20:39   #46
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
a story that is not dull, not overly cliche or catchy, suprising twists (if appliable to the spirit of the movie), a plot that make it a enjoyable movie, that gets you thinking, food for tought, per se, all this put together
You mean you make a series of subjective decisions?

Quote:
it has to do with having children with a good genectics, absence of missing/corrupted genes, and overall healty dna
Being bullimic isn't very healthy.

nice arguments dood
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 20:43   #47
Muslim
Banned

Quote:
You mean you make a series of subjective decisions?

its not subjective, its what its expected from the movie

someone may say on a movie "oh I saw that twist coming" nevertheless said person has to recognize, no matter if he saw it coming, that it was well made and well thought of.
In the food for thought, someone might think " i had considered this a long time ago". It doesnt matter, because is a valid and important point, maybe it needs more discussion

Quote:
Being bullimic isn't very healthy.
envioremental pressure

Quote:
nice arguments dood
always a pleasure to discuss with people who are considerate and respectful to each other
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 20:51   #48
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
someone may say on a movie "oh I saw that twist coming" nevertheless said person has to recognize, no matter if he saw it coming, that it was well made and well thought of.
In the food for thought, someone might think " i had considered this a long time ago". It doesnt matter, because is a valid and important point, maybe it needs more discussion
Some people liked the twist at the end of the new Planet of the Apes film. I did see that one coming, and I thought it was rubbish.

Quote:
envioremental pressure
Committing suicide is a pressure of the environment, but it's not particularly healthy, is it?

Quote:
always a pleasure to discuss with people who are considerate and respectful to each other
I prefer to argue with people who admit when they're wrong.
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 20:53   #49
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Ebany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of light
It has nothing to do with their genes etc, a supermodel has as much chance of carrying a genetic disease in a recessive allele as any other 'normal' person (ie one not openly suffering from a genetic illness). Its to do with a supermodels body being incapable of carrying a foetus to full term. While I wouldnt imagine any supermodels quite reach these extrmes (although in some cases I wouldnt bet on it), once a girl becomes too underweight her periods will stop, just one indication that things are very wrong inside her. A woman of that size would be simply incapable of carrying and delivering a healthy baby. Either the foetus would abort as the body realises it cant deal with the extra strain or the baby will be either premature or severly underweight. Unless as soon as they realise they are pregnant they start eating sensibly (and thats sensibly considering they have a baby to feed as well, not just sensibly for them) then there would be very little chance of them successfully having a healthy baby - regardless of genes.

But then, given pregancy doesnt really fit the supermodel 'image' they wont be modelling while theyre pregnant anyway most likely.
Ebany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 21:01   #50
Muslim
Banned

Quote:
Some people liked the twist at the end of the new Planet of the Apes film. I did see that one coming, and I thought it was rubbish.
a remake is not the "perfect" example of a twist in the end
yes, i have see the movie. No, that wasnt a good twist afterall and not a example of what I was refering to

Quote:
Committing suicide is a pressure of the environment, but it's not particularly healthy, is it?
nothing to do with the point. rich people suicide a lot more than poor ones, so its not that much of a enviorimental issue

Quote:
I prefer to argue with people who admit when they're wrong.
then arguiing with yourself would be your worst nightmare