User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 28 Dec 2004, 13:36   #1
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
And another unrelated problem!

For some time ive been having 'issues' with my pc.
for some reason seemingly at random when it boots into windows it will run at 640x480 at 60hz and refuse to go much higher.

i have to goto device managed. disable and then re-enable the gfx card and then reboot,. then it works fine

however there isnt a warning on the gfx card....there is however a warning on 'motherboard resources'

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because there is a duplicate device already running in the system. (Code 42)

wtf is this about?
and how do i fix it.

this was happening with my old gfx card and i presumed fitting a new one would solve the problem but seemingly not. its just a pain in the ass to have to restart 2-3 times before i can get a pc that works....even when the thing works properly the motherboard resources still show as ****ed...

any ideas?
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2004, 16:43   #2
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: And another unrelated problem!

right...the motherboard resource conflict was fixed by flashing the bios to the latest version.

the gfx problems continued and after much prodding about i found out that windows was reverting to vgasave.

after much much much googling i happened upon http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread....0&pagenumber=2

and more specifically...

Hi All,

I think I found the culprit. Actually I'm 99% sure that I did. The "Memory Usage" section found on the "Performance" tab in System Properties allows you to select "Programs" or "System Cache". I read in some tweak guide somewhere that if you have 512 MB of RAM or more that selecting "System Cache" will result in a performance boost. Well I selected it, rebooted and was greeted by a 800x600 resolution and a yellow exclamation point next to my display adapter in the device manager. I changed the setting back to "Programs", rebooted and viola! Everything was back to 1280x1024 and the exclamation point was gone.

i checked and sure enough i had changed it to system cache instead of programs. i now have my fingers crossed and hope that reverting it back to programs will mean it wont happen again...
so far so good.
Unread 28 Dec 2004, 20:23   #3
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

so are you fixed ??
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 28 Dec 2004, 20:46   #4
JammyJim
Godfather

yus
but i was told off last time i removed a thread from here so im not doing it again. its some handy advice if anyone else has the problem. however the other gfx problem is still a mystery o n the other pc (see other thread)