User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 18 Mar 2004, 03:21   #1
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
"inkfiles" and non working shortcuts

My mates laptop when turned on, suddenly wont recognise shortcuts. It calls them all "inkfiles". I dont have a scooby what that means. I made sure the target paths were right (they are) but double clicking the shortcuts brings up absolutely nothing at all. Its not just ones on his desktop either, i put the existing ones, and new ones in a test folder and they didnt work. The start menu shortcuts dont work. I went through the right click / new / shortcut thing to create one and it didnt work either, it became one of these "inkfiles". The programs themselves when you find them in program files etc, work, but the shortcuts dont. Also Help and support isnt working - isnt even loading - at all

Any thoughts or experiences?

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2004, 11:28   #2
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts
Re: "inkfiles" and non working shortcuts

well, i know what happened, someone was as nice as to tell your computer .lnk (not .ink) files are not known to it.

How to solve, well, the easy way is format and reinstall, but i know there's a better way, i just don't know how to reset it to use .lnk files.

there's probably people around here that do, but they'll still need to know your OS (win98/winme/win2k/winxp(pro/home?)) to tell you exactly what to do i guess

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2004, 16:59   #3
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: "inkfiles" and non working shortcuts

its not mine, its a friends. Windows NT i think hes on, presume it is, ill find out for sure later

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote