User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 17 Feb 2007, 22:35   #1
[FC]Imperial

[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light
Constructions - resellable? ;)

hello all,

I was thinking about planetarion's gameplay, and if it was a real PC game what would it be like. I instantly thought of Command and Conquer (C&C [any version]). This is due to the fact that you build a base, mine reseources, build and army/fleet, then go to war with your enemy/enemies/friends/whoever .

I remembered a tactic you would have to implement if you were unfortunate to lose your "refinery", which would be to sell say your "war factory" to get enough resources to build new a "refinery", so you could continue your efforts of global domination.

Now this got me thinking of ways to implment that into PA. Obviously the same senario wouldnt arise in PA as we are not dependant on "refineries" as we have lovely roids. Although i do believe that the ability to sell constructions is a good idea.

Let me babble on abit on some PA senarios i thought of;

#1 your a scanner (hardcore - max amps) -
you reach the limit of amp building, you have build enough fi to last rest of round as you dont get attacked much, witht his feature you could sell your factory, thus allowing you to build 1 more amp.

#2 you accidently built 2 light factories (for example) -
if you sell it, you can make some resources back so it isnt a complete waste.

Now your probably thinking "what happens to these constructions when you sell them, who buys them, where does this resource come from after you ell it". They are all perfectly good thoughts, and here is what i have in mind;

When you sell a construction an entity called "PA Universal Market Place" buys it off you at 50% of the price you paid for it.

It is then placed on a market board (only visible to paid pa accounts), the sell price for a construction will be "(price paid\50)*75" or in other words 75% of the original construction cost. So technically the market makes 25% profit on each construction like any real business would.

Now, with these constructions being on the market place, you will in theory save resources but buying a cheaper construction. But so this system wouldnt destroy the current system there would ahve to be a x tick transition to get that building onto your base. I propose maybe a 1-2 tick pentalty on your current construction time.

Example: on constrution page it says it will take you 9 ticks to get the factory you want, if you goto the market place you would have to wait 9+penalty(1or2 ticks) ticks for the factory. now here is the really interesting bit. The price on the market is 75% of the price the planet originally built it for. So you could infact be in a situation where the original seller had 10 constructions (so he isnt paying alot for them at the moment) and you have 35 constructions (so your constructions are signifcantly more expensive), you could therefore buy a construction at a much discounted priced compared to your standard fees.

ok i could drag this on much longer, but i think it is a smart decision to stop here and let you all have a read and post your comments. Then we can take it further and more complex, that is if the PA Team like the idea.

Hope you enjoyed hte read,

Imperial
Unread 17 Feb 2007, 23:28   #2
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold
Re: Constructions - resellable? ;)

welcome to the forums imp

i do like the idea, and i could see how resellable cons is a major + factor. saves haveing to get cov oppers to blow up my med fac so i can get max dists etc :P

im sure there are some exploitations to be had from this (lets face it people will go out of their way to find it:P) but i cant think of any at present.

Mek

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2007, 23:59   #3
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

I've voiced my opinion for a similar idea to this cept that the idea would be to "raze" your construction, using the same amount of time and resources as it would take you to build a construction.
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 00:37   #4
Crowly
Orbit HC

Crowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, even if you don't get cash back, it would be useful to blow a building now and then.
Crowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 01:20   #5
Jonny05

Jonny05 is infamous around these parts

Imp you have to much time on your hands
you need a gf

:P
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 02:55   #6
[FC]Imperial

[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light

thanks Mek, i knew i'd find my way here eventually

lol thanks jonny
<3
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 04:54   #7
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I've always been against the ability to get rid of your own constructions. I like the idea that your construction building should be strategic - i.e. you can't build a load of research labs or refineries in the beginning of the round if you want to go for max amps/distorters.
Unread 20 Feb 2007, 13:32   #8
Laffen

Laffen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowly
Yeah, even if you don't get cash back, it would be useful to blow a building now and then.
All scanners and dist whores would like that
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 02:04   #9
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

The idea has been suggested before and discarded, i don't remember on what ground. It looks so obvious that when you're able to build something you should have the capacity to destroy it (same should go for ships if you ask me). Not sure if it should bring you some money back, imho it should on the contrary cost you something.