User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Dec 2002, 13:13   #1
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend
musical inspiration

I'm trying to put together a CD for meh car. I want kickass tunes prefereably with big geetar solo's in them.

suggestions please.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2002, 13:22   #2
MonotoneMan

"Johnny Be Good" (No relation to JonnyBGood.)
"Am I Evil" by Metallica. Not much of a car song, but has a long solo at the beginning.
That "I've been driving all night, my hands wet on the wheel" song is impeccable for driving.
"One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer."
Unread 4 Dec 2002, 13:25   #3
Grimble
Banned

Grimble is an unknown quantity at this point
Pink Floyd - Run Like Hell
Porcupine Tree - Blackest Eyes
Grimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2002, 13:43   #4
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
There's actually a new "Guitar Licks" album out atm, that looks quite nice. Lots of old classic solos. Called something like "My guitar screams" or "my guitar crys" etc.

I'd recommend though:

Foxy Lady - Jimmy Hendrix
Sweet Child O' Mine - GNR
Motorcycle Emptiness - Manic Street Preachers
Are You Gonna Go My Way - Lenny Kravitz
Outside - Stiltskin
Layla - Eric Clapton (Cream?)
Smoke Under Water - Deep Purple

I hope you're not going to download them?

Anyway, try some of those - they're probably amongst the finest guitar tracks ever made. But generally anything by Hendrix or Clapton is going to be sweet, maybe through in some Santana. Some Palmer or Jeff Beck even...

It depends though; are you after banging rock/metal tunes, or just tunes (prolly rock/metal) which may not be in your face, but have ace solos?

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2002, 13:48   #5
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend
As a guide I currently have:

cream - sunshine of my love
soundgarden - outshine
pearl jam - alive/better man
deep purple - smoke on the water
pink floyd - dogs of war/run like hell
aerosmith - livin on the edge
green day - longview
limp bizkit - rollin
neil young - keep on rockin
dinosaur jr - start choppin
steppenwolf - magic carpet ride

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 4 Dec 2002, 13:52   #6
insane_in_da_membrane
Blowdried

insane_in_da_membrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Metallica - One
- ride the Lightning
Satriani - War
insane_in_da_membrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2002, 13:53   #7
GavGull
Here Today

GavGull is an unknown quantity at this point
Bullet with Butterfly Wings - Smashing Pumpkins
Dittohead* - Slayer
Rock and Roll* - Led Zeppelin
Sultans of Swing* - Dire Straits

* indicates "big geetar solo" songs.
GavGull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2002, 13:54   #8
Grimble
Banned

Grimble is an unknown quantity at this point
Foghat - Slow Ride
Grimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2002, 13:54   #9
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

ideally "aggressive" to be at one with my driving style

Quote:
Unread 4 Dec 2002, 13:58   #10
GavGull
Here Today

Quote:
Originally posted by mazzelaar
As a guide I currently have:

soundgarden - outshine
pearl jam - alive/better man
deep purple - smoke on the water
green day - longview
limp bizkit - rollin
Outshine's a bit grinding, Alive is a must, Smoke on the Water is a bit slow gathering up (though you might try Voodoo Child/Purple Haze by Hendrix if you like that), Longview's "okay" and Rollin' I just can't stand.
Run Like Hell/Keep on Rocking sound about right the others I can't comment on.
Unread 4 Dec 2002, 14:07   #11
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

keep on rockin is the version performed by pearl jam and neil young at the mtv awards a number of year back - total class
mike mcready smash the living **** out of his vintage les paul on stage - pure rock n roll

Quote:
Unread 4 Dec 2002, 14:11   #12
Oreo

Dude, just go buy the Bad motor finger album and be done =)
Unread 4 Dec 2002, 14:19   #13
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

my memory returns

alice in chains
stone temple pilots
temple of the dog

damn - it's just like being in 1992 again :P

\o/

Quote:
Unread 4 Dec 2002, 14:23   #14
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Hurricane Years, Alice Cooper

Oh, and the 'I been driving all night...' song is Radar Love by Golden Earring. A dutch band if I remember right, I got that song on the original Leather and Lace album
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2002, 14:24   #15
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle28uk
I got that song on the original Leather and Lace album

/me shudders

Quote:
Unread 4 Dec 2002, 14:27   #16
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
/me shudders
Hey, that album was great! Pat Bennatar, J Giels Band, Stevie Nicks, Golden Earring, Scorpions (I think), loads of great tracks
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Dec 2002, 14:29   #17
GavGull
Here Today

Quote:
my memory returns

alice in chains
stone temple pilots
temple of the dog

damn - it's just like being in 1992 again :P

\o/
All are good, but it's hardly 'driving music'. :\
Unread 4 Dec 2002, 14:32   #18
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally posted by GavGull
All are good, but it's hardly 'driving music'. :\
depends on what you cann driving music

I prefer a mixture of aggression, big fat riffs, nice solo's and techno

the seattle scene provides most of these

d/l some metallica and rage against the machine now

damn - I'm such a candidate for road rage

Quote:
Unread 4 Dec 2002, 14:40   #19
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

killing in the name of - fs \o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/

Quote:
Unread 4 Dec 2002, 15:05   #20
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by MonotoneMan
That "I've been driving all night, my hands wet on the wheel" song is impeccable for driving.
Rob D - I'm not driving anymore ?

*listens to song*

wait, i don't quite find those words in it.. still a nice song though