User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Funniest Video Game Character Ever
Manny Calavera 10 7.46%
Sam & Max 17 12.69%
Guybrush Threepwood 48 35.82%
The Beholder from Baldurs Gate 9 6.72%
Kent Paul (GTA : Vice City) 17 12.69%
Rincewind 19 14.18%
(Last Minute Entry) - Leisure Suit Larry 14 10.45%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 17 Nov 2002, 20:52   #1
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Poll : Funniest Video Game Character Ever

You voted , heres the options.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2002, 20:58   #2
mpr0733

mpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of light
What have I won?
mpr0733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2002, 20:58   #3
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
So easily Rincewind its whimsical
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2002, 21:03   #4
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
I still think Leisure suit larry should be in their for nostalgia value and that talking skull from monkey Island
Unread 17 Nov 2002, 21:07   #5
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of
Threepwood = the win
Unread 17 Nov 2002, 21:07   #6
MrMighty
Chimping

MrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the rough
Calavera anyday.
MrMighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2002, 21:19   #7
Steve_G

Steve_G is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSmoke
I still think Leisure suit larry should be in their

i havnt heard of anyone else
Unread 17 Nov 2002, 21:38   #8
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
the rince shall win

d

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2002, 22:36   #9
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy

sam and max won't win, but i guess not enough people have played it to know how funny they really are

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2002, 23:21   #10
Erkenbrand
Moody

Erkenbrand is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I still think Leisure suit larry should be in their for nostalgia value and that talking skull from monkey Island
you had to sleep your way through an island of beautiful women.

Am I right?
Unread 18 Nov 2002, 04:33   #11
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
omfg, LSL was so awsome. It was the only decent Sierra-brand video game I ever played.

Kura, put LSL up, I don't know who any of these other 'characters' are.
Unread 18 Nov 2002, 08:27   #12
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
Sam and Max by a country mile
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2002, 10:08   #13
Grimble
Banned

Grimble is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Starbucks
Sam and Max by a country mile
I'm writing some text here just so it seems like I'm not quoting a post without adding anything, but I am actually in total agreement with the quoted statement
Grimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2002, 12:04   #14
[GAP]Obiwan

[GAP]Obiwan is an unknown quantity at this point
what?? why aren't the charachters from Resident evil here? that is the funniest game ever!! comon i mean its like watching an episode of thunderbirds,

anyone here played 'Ultimate soccer manager 2' i always found the betting man 'bill' to be absolutely hilarious
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
[GAP]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2002, 17:28   #15
Killerbij
Roidhumper

Killerbij is an unknown quantity at this point
More votes on Manny please Grim Fandango rocks
Unread 18 Nov 2002, 20:21   #16
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Larry gets a late entry , but can he catch the unstoppable threepwood.
Unread 18 Nov 2002, 21:19   #17
K03N
Banned

K03N is an unknown quantity at this point
Manny Calavera
Sam & Max
Guybrush Threepwood
The Beholder from Baldurs Gate
Kent Paul (GTA : Vice City)
Rincewind
(Last Minute Entry) - Leisure Suit Larry

i don't know any of them. does that make me stupid?
K03N is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2002, 21:39   #18
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally posted by K03N
Manny Calavera
Sam & Max
Guybrush Threepwood
The Beholder from Baldurs Gate
Kent Paul (GTA : Vice City)
Rincewind
(Last Minute Entry) - Leisure Suit Larry

i don't know any of them. does that make me stupid?

Very VERY much so.
Unread 18 Nov 2002, 23:24   #19
Muslim
Banned

Muslim is an unknown quantity at this point
guywhat whowood?
Muslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 00:18   #20
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Muslim
guywhat whowood?
Monkey Island 1-3

Old Lucasarts games.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 00:18   #21
Taratang
Superluminal Mod(retired)

Taratang is just really niceTaratang is just really niceTaratang is just really niceTaratang is just really nice
i played through monkey island 1 and 2 the other day, and laughed out loud too often to count.
Taratang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 00:58   #22
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Just in case nobody was told, this poll is open for 7 days from the moment i opened it , after which it will automatically close.
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 02:27   #23
-o|DarkJedi|o-

-o|DarkJedi|o- is infamous around these parts
larry gets my vote!

<@JonnyFive> well there you go, dj's ego really is mightier than ships

<@Hevonen> DarkJedi, thank god

[00:02] <Iniluki> self glorfying sigs are ****ing childish
[00:04] <DarkJedi> arrogance is bliss
-o|DarkJedi|o- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 03:13   #24
Nashmeister

Larry is the only one I've heard of...
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 16:38   #25
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
i swear

the people who have voted for guybrush have either never played sam and max or are deaf!
But they're both LucasArts games, so clearly they rock.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 16:51   #26
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
guybrush cannot be beaten
Unread 20 Nov 2002, 00:16   #27
Lord Zor
Super Trooper

Lord Zor is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm Guybrush Threepwood Might Priate!
am I jump all nimbly bimly from tree to tree?am I drinking milk from a saucer?
Do you see me eating mice?
Lord Zor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2002, 06:16   #28
Auro
I AM OSCAR WILDE

Auro is an unknown quantity at this point
Guybrush Threepwood = WIN
Unread 20 Nov 2002, 16:32   #29
Ðiscorporation

Rincewind > *
Unread 20 Nov 2002, 21:04   #30
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
LARRY!

Thx Kura.
Unread 21 Nov 2002, 02:42   #31
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Clearly the Spectator Beholder humour is solis sacerdotibus
Unread 21 Nov 2002, 02:47   #32
Nashmeister

I think we should add Arnold from Toejam and Earl 3.

He walks around with a sign, he's supposed to be Arnold Schwarcheneiger, and he shouts out things at you, telling you to download more levels. "you are skinny little red thing, this is for big muscles only. Do you have big muscles? I don't think so. Go download levels."
Unread 21 Nov 2002, 12:39   #33
PiaZava
Pip the magic pe0n

PiaZava is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
that talking skull from monkey Island
Murray \o/
Quote:
Originally posted by Mirai
Monkey Island 1-3

Old Lucasarts games.
1-4, where #4 was released this year, iirc :]

I have a thing for Guybrush :\

~Pia

&Omega;
PiaZava is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2002, 13:04   #34
MonotoneMan

I'd like to see the Opposing-Force security guard (the fat one) on there.

(with alien and military corpses everywhere) "I'm so glad I didn't get the janitor job. Euch."

(after killing an alien) "I think I got a ripe one!"

"My cousin's the one who got me this job."

"Maybe I should guard. . . that closet over there."
Unread 21 Nov 2002, 13:48   #35
GavGull
Here Today

GavGull is an unknown quantity at this point
Rincewind, as much as he doesn't deserve to be herded into a computer games character competition.

Eric Idle fits the character perfectly.
GavGull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2002, 13:09   #36
Car'a'carn

i havent heard of those but i vote for the original donkey kong
Unread 22 Nov 2002, 19:47   #37
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Originally posted by Mushroom
sam and max won't win, but i guess not enough people have played it to know how funny they really are
Sam and max are great, i'm rooting around to fine the game atm \o/
mbushell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2002, 20:26   #38
XeeThot
Manga Kitten is back!

XeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to behold
Leisure Suit Larry owns!

PS.: BOO!!

Knocking on your door for leftovers starting on Dec 21st
XeeThot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2002, 23:20   #39
Iceaxe
Blood

Iceaxe is an unknown quantity at this point
Easily the Beholder.
Iceaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2002, 16:36   #40
AngelPup

guys, guys! Guybrush Threepwood clearly owns. I've laughed so many times aloud while playing Monkey Island series. Tho you could add one of the funniest duo in game history: Minsc & Boo to be exact, imho they rock!

P.S. Run, Boo, Run!
Unread 24 Nov 2002, 02:04   #41
s3\/^

Sam and Max ffs

though Murray would rock them any day

Murray the talking skull: "Then , watch me ... as i stride throug the gates of hell!!!!!"
Guybrush:"stride?"
Murray: okay then .. ROLL .. roll through the gates of hell. Must you take the fun out of everything "

or

Guybrush: "How can you see without eyeballs?"
Murray: "How can you walk around without a brain, somethings no one can answer"

or:

Guybrush: "Was your mothers father bald too?"