User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 02:12   #51
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Divs at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artuaistic
o btw coldplay rule
I'm really having a hard time understanding the popularity of Coldplay. While they are by no means a bad band, and make decent songs, I don't find them anything exceptional. The only cause I can think of is they have produced music generic enough that it appeals to the widest audience possible.
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 02:13   #52
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
You're falling into repetitions now. And bold, caps and underline are not a substitute for arguments or reasoning. Shouting only serves to hide the fact you actually have nothing to say.
i'm sorry?

that was your apology?

"i'm sorry I was genuinely confused"

that really is pathetic.
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 02:13   #53
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

for crying out loud yahwe, no one else can see the gay joke. it is just you. this thread has gotten waaaaaay off topic (i can't even remember what the topic was) and should be closed, then yahwe and leshy can continue their argument via pm
We shall remember them.
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 02:20   #54
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yahwe, you're so argumentative

Leshy did say "and think 'What the ****?' ", if you refer to the original. Implying he thought he was reading something by you - and then noticed certain discrepancies - using "i c", and proclaiming your homosexuality, and going "o btw coldplay rule".

You don't have an avatar - I think that's how most of us identify each other's posts quickly.

If I stole Leshy's avatar and posted in a similar style to him, I could probably get away with a few people not realising it was me, if they weren't paying attention properly, or were skim-reading.
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 02:23   #55
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Yahwe, you're so argumentative

Leshy did say "and think 'What the ****?' ", if you refer to the original. Implying he thought he was reading something by you - and then noticed
mid post?
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 02:47   #56
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
mid post?
Yes.

Generally I don't find the first word of a post to be very informative about who the poster is.
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 02:55   #57
Yahwe
I am.

no 'mid post' meant that you were midway through replying to 'me' as you saw it and then realised you mistake.

thank god we have http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_Razor to silence that argument.

of course it is possible that you were genuinely confused. that you didn't bother to read the content, or look at the nick name, that the luminous blue signiture went unseen and that you didn't notice the lack of green blobs.

but that requires an awful lot of assumptions needed to support your conclusion.

mine requires only one. you saw the word gay by a poster, and made a bad homophobic dig at me.

but you carry on; protesting too much.

Last edited by Yahwe; 1 Jul 2005 at 03:02.
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 03:17   #58
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
no 'mid post' meant that you were midway through replying to 'me' as you saw it and then realised you mistake.
You are aware that memory allows people to describe events after they happened, and that my description of being confused was not a real-time unfolding of events? Good.

Yes, let's apply Occam's Razor and review the case.

The facts:
  • You have no avatar, while the vast majority of the posters on this forum do.
  • The layout of your posts is generally consistent and vastly different from that of other forum users.
  • Many users have rows of green blobs under their name, and as such are not a very good visual aid to determine the identity of a poster.
  • Your signature is white and like nearly all signatures, does not contain any important information.
  • This forum does not have a high influx of new people, or people from other subforums.
  • Someone without an avatar, the commonly acknowledged #1 way to identify a user, made a post copying the post layout you normally use. Two features which mark every single post you make on these forums.

Option A is that upon the first glance at the post, I mistook it for yours due to the up until now completely unique combination of double spacing and no avatar, paid no attention to the green blobs as everyone and their mother have them, didn't look at the signature as they normally don't contain anything worthwhile anyway, and while reading it got confused by the content, upon which I looked at the user name and realised it was not you.

Option B is that I saw a post by some random person I've never heard of, decided to read his post, noticed that he claimed to be gay, and out of the blue decided to make a dig at Yahwe for no good reason other than that he is has been known to be homosexual for years on this forum, attacking him in a non-joking or non-insulting way by pretending that I thought the previous post was his, then claiming that the content of the post confused me for whatever reason.

Yeah, Occam's definitely would have to go with B on that one
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 03:18   #59
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

A pinch and a punch for the first of the month!
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 03:22   #60
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

happy bday me!
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 03:27   #61
Yahwe
I am.

it's taken you 2 pages to decide on a series of illogical assumptions which have all been supplied by tomkat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_Razor

EITHER

A
1) You looked at a post of 3 lines and thought hmmm, there are spaces between these lines this must be Yahwe
2) You didn't look at the nickname
3) you didn't notice the luminous blue signature
4) you didn't notice the lack of a string of green blobs
5) you saw the phrases 'summat', 'i c' and 'o' and thought i usually use them
6) decided to reply to what you thought was a post by Yahwe
7) realised while typing that in fact it wasn't Yahwe
8) Decided to post anyway pointing out your mistake

OR

B
1) you read a post in a thread
2) saw the word gay
3) decided to try and use it for a joke/attack at me.

can you count?
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 03:33   #62
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
can you count?
About as well as you can read.
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 03:35   #63
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
I mistook it for yours due to the up until now completely unique combination of double spacing and no avatar
even a 'leshy quick' glance at my posts would see this is bollocks.
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 09:02   #64
Tomkat

Quote:
B
1) you read a post in a thread
2) saw the word gay
3) decided to try and use it for a joke/attack at me.

can you count?

I'm pretty sure there are more gay users that he could have picked on, so why did he supposedly choose you?

Plus you're not even proper-gay, you're bi. So if it was aimed at you, it wasn't even a very good insult.

Surely he could have chosen somebody else if he was going to make that joke.

Plus those jokes are hardly in line with Leshy's usual style of posting.
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 09:19   #65
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

I think if Leshy wanted to have a pop at you for being gay, he could make a much better job of it than 'Oh, I thought that was Yahwe'
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 13:39   #66
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

to be fair yahwe... i think your outvoted on this one, leshy is a stand up bloke, and i have never seen him make the kind of joke you are saying he made.

although i am tempted to nominate this thread for clownshoe corner
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 14:04   #67
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
to be fair yahwe... i think your outvoted on this one, leshy is a stand up bloke, and i have never seen him make the kind of joke you are saying he made.
you'll find it on the first page.
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 14:04   #68
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

i was actually posting this in an attempt to ascertain whether anyone else has to put up with situations/people like this in their line of work. but i dont think many people cottoned on to this
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 14:30   #69
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

someone has been writing with this pen

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 14:31   #70
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa
i was actually posting this in an attempt to ascertain whether anyone else has to put up with situations/people like this in their line of work. but i dont think many people cottoned on to this
you shall discover that regardless of the original intellect of the person, as soon as they become "the general public" they are thick and shit.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 15:30   #71
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Edward
someone has been writing with this pen

you see, this was a good example of a homo joke... its even funny, what was on the first page wasn't a joke at your expense yahwe, so stop being a spoilt bastard and get over yourself
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 15:36   #72
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
you see, this was a good example of a homo joke... its even funny, what was on the first page wasn't a joke at your expense yahwe, so stop being a spoilt bastard and get over yourself
yes it was a good joke.

what leshy did was make a shit 'little boys giggling behind their hands because someone was gay' comment.

now stop being a spastic. because we both know that if you carry on attacking me rather than actually looking at the facts then i will get angry and you won't enjoy that.

either address the material points or **** off.

I wouldn't advise any more 'but leshy doesn't normally do this so he can't have done it this time' or 'yahwe you're just arrogant' comments. The evidence is on the first page. I have neatly summarised it for you in post after ****ing post. I have even given a handy link to Occam's razor so you can try and learn basic logic.

the truth is not a popularity contest and nor is it a matter of 'voting'. Address the evidence or keep your fat gob shut. honey.
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 15:40   #73
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
yes it was a good joke.

what leshy did was make a shit 'little boys giggling behind their hands because someone was gay' comment.
i understand that you are annoyed about what you perceive here, but no-one else can see it, so perhaps you might want to step back and reconsider this.

Just suggesting.
don't kill me.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 15:46   #74
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
i understand that you are annoyed about what you perceive here, but no-one else can see it, so perhaps you might want to step back and reconsider this.

Just suggesting.
don't kill me.
actually we've not had a poll on the question. so that might be a stupid thing to say.

read the ****ing post and there is one reason and one reason only why leshy decided to make a post saying 'for a minute there i thought it was yahwe' it's perfectly obvious and perfectly simple.

but then apparently no one is interested in boring questions of 'the evidence' anymore
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 15:59   #75
roadrunner_0
cynic

ok yahwe, lets put it another way...

you're wrong everyone else can see this, and the fact that you have had a massive hissy fit on GD DOES NOT CHANGE THIS fact

now stop being a tosser and trying to have a go at everyone
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 16:00   #76
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
actually we've not had a poll on the question. so that might be a stupid thing to say.
It might, however i'm seeing very few people who agree with you, which does make me think you may be wrong in this case.

Quote:
read the ****ing post and there is one reason and one reason only why leshy decided to make a post saying 'for a minute there i thought it was yahwe' it's perfectly obvious and perfectly simple.
I've been through the thread over 15 times trying to see what you are, and I can't. I've re-read it from different locations, both logged in and out, and at different times of the day.

I can't see that connection, I can't see the connection you suggest being an obvious connection, and it's not the connection i'd make.

Maybe i'm just too stupid to see it.

Quote:
but then apparently no one is interested in boring questions of 'the evidence' anymore
I'd love to see the evidence, but all i can see is what looks like a perfectly fine comment, about which you are taking massive offence.

I don't see how the only thing connecting that post and you can be homosexuality, because thats not something I associate with you any more than i do with anyone else.

If i could see it, i'd more than happily agree with you in condemnation of Leshy and posts of such content, but I can't, and i'm trying pretty hard here.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 16:08   #77
Yahwe
I am.

it's totally irrelevant to the point in question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3

If i could see it, i'd more than happily agree with you in condemnation of Leshy and posts of such content, but I can't, and i'm trying pretty hard here.
look here

why not try listing 5 things about that post that makes you think of me. i'd be amazed if you got 5 and i am suggesting that there is only one obvious connection.

could we please drop the notion that people get to vote on whether something is true or not. I have no intention of getting into a 'more people agree with me than agree with you' wank fest because its not relevant to the question in hand.

(besides enby if the calibre of the mob you say can not see the obvious comes out with brilliant arguments such as "you're wrong everyone else can see this, and the fact that you have had a massive hissy fit on GD DOES NOT CHANGE THIS fact" do you not get the feeling that those who can't see it aren't necessarily the type of people you want to ascociate with )
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 16:13   #78
roadrunner_0
cynic

2 personal attacks on me in one thread... impressive
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 16:14   #79
Yahwe
I am.

some are blind only to their own flaws ...
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 16:19   #80
roadrunner_0
cynic

what i have said ITT could or could not be construed as a personal attack, i believe, in context, it's no worse than most of what is said around here. What you have said i believe to be a personal attack, you aimed it specifically at me and me alone.
Objectivly there may be little difference to the unbiased observer, however, no one around here is unbiased so both of our past behaviours would have to be taken into account to decide if they were personal attacks or not and i think it should be left to a mod to make that decision, hence, i have reported your post and if that is truly how you feel i would suggest that you do the same, citing whatever reasons you have to feel that way
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 16:22   #81
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
ok yahwe,
now stop being a tosser and trying to have a go at everyone
Quote:
yahwe, so stop being a spoilt bastard and get over yourself

yes

i can see the ambiguity.

all I want people to do is look at the evidence.
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 16:25   #82
roadrunner_0
cynic

that is why i said 'in context' and., as i said, if you are affronted by what i have written, report me, if you are justified i will recieve a repremand from whichever mod deals with these things

*shrug*

you have got yourself into this mess and have consequently lashed out at anyone/everyone who has dared to disagree with you, i would respectfully suggest that you should entertain the possibility that you are wrong, and let it go.
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 16:29   #83
Yahwe
I am.

'anyway'

back to the actual issue ...

look here

why not try listing 5 things about that post that makes you think of me. i'd be amazed if you got 5 and i am suggesting that there is only one obvious connection.
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 16:38   #84
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

ok.. i thought since i haven't read this thread i could have an unbiased view. so i read that post yahwe. that one post you've just linked to. and honestly there is no connection to you. if you're referring to the 'i'm gay' i only connected it to you after i remembered that the point of reading that post was to look for a connection. that post out of context has absolutely nothing to do with you.
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 16:43   #85
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryn
ok.. i thought since i haven't read this thread i could have an unbiased view. so i read that post yahwe. that one post you've just linked to. and honestly there is no connection to you. if you're referring to the 'i'm gay' i only connected it to you after i remembered that the point of reading that post was to look for a connection. that post out of context has absolutely nothing to do with you.
see aryn this is sort of my point.

there is nothing to connect that post to me as you rightly say. nothing except for the word gay
that's why the issue is leshy's reply to that post saying

the only reason leshy made that post, the only possible reason that he 'thought of me' is quite as you say the homosexuality. because nothing else in that post seems even remotely like me.

so the point aryn is that leshy made a biggoted homophobic post and i told him it was unacceptable.

he has yet to apologise.
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 16:44   #86
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

oh
well i hadn't read his post yet.
point made.
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 17:01   #87
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
because nothing else in that post seems even remotely like me.
I'd tend to agree that the typing style was quite similar to yours at the start of the post. That's probably the first thing I notice in someone's post.

The lesson here is that we shoud all try to type like Tactitus and use "--" all the time.
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 17:03   #88
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

this thread reminds me of yahwe
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 17:05   #89
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I'd tend to agree that the typing style was quite similar to yours at the start of the post. That's probably the first thing I notice in someone's post.

The lesson here is that we shoud all try to type like Tactitus and use "--" all the time.
a vaguely similar typing style (though god knows what you mean given the typing itself is so utterly unlike mine as far as i c) is hardly enough.

the point is what motivated this

if the phrase had been 'i'm black' and leshy had posted 'i thought of chika' I don't believe so many people would find the concept this hard to grasp.

goodness. gay rights not taken seriously. just as well i feel like fighting for them then.
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 17:06   #90
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
so the point aryn is that leshy made a biggoted homophobic post
Seriously, Don Quichote, shut up.

I no longer give a toss about what you saw in that post, and whether it offended you or not. There was nothing about my post which was joking or taking a dig at anyone, but somehow you still manage to see some sort of personal attack in it, and have been screaming bloody murder about it for the second day now, up to the point where you have been calling several people including myself flat out retards, and me a bigoted homophobe.

I know what I did and what I did not mean with my original post, and guess what? That's enough for me. If you want to see all kinds of things in there that weren't there, that's frankly your problem and you won't be getting any apology out of me for it. You've stirred up a shitload of drama in this thread for no good reason, and I'm not taking part in it any longer.
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 17:09   #91
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:

I no longer give a toss about what you saw in that post, and whether it offended you or not. There was nothing about my post which was joking or taking a dig at anyone
why exactly did you post it?
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 17:16   #92
Tomkat

ITT yahwe makes a mistake and can't admit he might be wrong, so digs himself further and further into the ground, desperately grasping at straws such as Occam's Razor and "you can't find 5 similarities!"

Oh, and:

Quote:
1. Line length - one sentence per line, not paragraphs.
2. Line spacing - double spacing for every line
3. No avatar
4. Lower case text throughout the post
5. Same length signature - one short line (colour irrelevant, our eyes take in the size of something before the colour).

Goodness me, how sad.
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 17:21   #93
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
5. Same length signature - one short line (colour irrelevant, our eyes take in the size of something before the colour).

Goodness me, how sad.
i'd say more desperate than sad.
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 17:22   #94
roadrunner_0
cynic

yes, you are rather aren't you?
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 17:24   #95
Yahwe
I am.

for the first time ever i think gordon has summed up your reply better than i ever could:

"<nodrog-food> i no u r by wot am i"
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 17:29   #96
roadrunner_0
cynic

yeah, but i'm bored at work and have nothing better to do

you see... even when someone has gone out of their way to meet your criteria... you are still harping on about it.

the moment that leshy said 'i didn't mean the comment the way you interpreted it' you should have taken him at his word and dropped it, instead you have taken this thread and made a 2 page long blunder out of your misinterpretation.

oh, and nodrog: your fukken ded

(on a more serious note nod, if you are browsing these forums and want to comment upon a post, i would respectfully suggest that you post a reply, as posting replies on irc may seem funny, but is ultimately sad)
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 17:31   #97
Tomkat

You speak as if we all thought nod was cool before he did that, rr

And yahwe - pipe down. I gave 5 perfectly valid reasons, as per your requirements. Hush now.
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 17:32   #98
roadrunner_0
cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
this thread reminds me of yahwe

with fantastic replies like this, how could nod not be the king, nay the emperor of cool?
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 17:33   #99
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:

(on a more serious note nod, if you are browsing these forums and want to comment upon a post, i would respectfully suggest that you post a reply, as posting replies on irc may seem funny, but is ultimately sad)
nonsense.

it keeps us all sane in the channel.

see If leshy is being honest he was making one of the most utterly pointless and mind numbingly boring posts that has ever graced GD. my explanation is far simpler. hence occam's razor.
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 17:33   #100
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Poster A posts a crap joke.
Poster B overreacted possibly(seemingly) due to personal insecurities
Poster A defends crap joke.
Poster B continues to overreact.
Other posters get involved to continue the cycle of overreactions and nonsense.

Edit: I meant to add: Arguments over meagre details and overreactions over misconceptions are slightly pointless.
Closed Thread