User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 19 Dec 2003, 00:18   #1
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
pink floyd

hey doods can you recommend me a pink floyd song (EXCEPT OI TEACHER LEAVE THOSE KIDS ALONE LIKE ONE) because when i was reading some Radiohead reviews people were like omgwtf pink floyd did all this 25 years ago so i thought i'd listen to them

currently i'm downloading Dark Side of the Moon, but would like 2 or 3 of some of their best songs to download, thank you please
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 00:27   #2
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
Re: pink floyd

I enjoy:
  • Breathe
  • Comfortably Numb
  • Mother
  • Thin Ice
  • Hey You
  • Wish You Were Here

those are good starters for ya
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 00:32   #3
GavGull
Here Today

GavGull is an unknown quantity at this point

Money
Comfortably Numb
Wish You Were Here

Chosen because they're good and reasonably accessible; I don't support the Radiohead analogy though.
GavGull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 00:39   #4
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

how can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 00:41   #5
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about

thanks! i'm downlaodingt he two that both appeared. comfortably numb and wish you were here
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 13:16   #6
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Time is a great song as well
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 13:20   #7
CoD
(.) (.)

CoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura about

OI caretaker, leave those kids alone
CoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 13:24   #8
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Smoke on the water.
I think that was by Pink Floyd.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 13:24   #9
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
Smoke on the water.
I think that was by Pink Floyd.
nope, that's Deep Purple
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 13:36   #10
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloomers III
(EXCEPT OI TEACHER LEAVE THOSE KIDS ALONE LIKE ONE)
Another Brick in the Wall pt II that is
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 13:50   #11
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilly_D
nope, that's Deep Purple
Oh yes, so it is.
Still a good song though, get it!
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 14:47   #12
CjC
Throwing Shapes

CjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant future

All the above plus -

"Shine on you Crazy Diamond"

"Dogs" - from the Animals album.

"Aluns Psychadelic Breakfast" from Atom Heart Mother.

ooo and the Gnome and that one that goes "I've got a bike u can ride it if u like" etc.. [edit - (un)surprisingly this track is called "Bike" heh.] - very early stuff but good nonetheless.

Last edited by CjC; 19 Dec 2003 at 15:30.
CjC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 14:57   #13
I'm Not Grimble
dennaB

I'm Not Grimble is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I want to tell you a story
about a little man
if I can

A gnome named Grimble Grumble
and little gnomes
stay in their homes
oh and you definately need the title track from Atom Heart Mother as it's simply brilliant.
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 14:58   #14
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

"Learning to Fly"
"The Final Cut"
"Us and Them"

but the suggestions above were v good
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 15:06   #15
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

Sine on You Crazy Diamond, both parts
Learning to Fly
Fat Old Sun
Breathe
Mother
Hey You
Wish You Were Here
Goodbye Blue Sky
Welcome to the Machine
Comfortably Numb
High Hopes
Sheep
Is There Anybody Out There
The Great Gig in the Sky
Young Lust
Vera

errr...run out now.

and The Trial for just plain weirdness :/
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 15:15   #16
CjC
Throwing Shapes

CjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant future

For ultra wierdness listen to the UmmaGumma album, particularly

"Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving With a Pict" - nice title odd track.
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 15:24   #17
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

...will plainly show the prisona who now stands before you/
was caught red-handed showing feelings...
showing feelings of an almost human nature!
This will not do!
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 15:26   #18
I'm Not Grimble
dennaB

They're playing "Mother" on the radio now.

This has made my day marginally better.
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 15:28   #19
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

they never do that on the shitstations I am able to listen here at the office
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 15:30   #20
I'm Not Grimble
dennaB

The station that's on here 100% of the time has the slogan "Radio Tango rocks Oslo"

They play mostly good rock and some new crap stuff, but mostly good.

And they have the best weather forecast ever. "Better Weather, Less Clothing" with a hot chick wearing less and less as the weather gets warmer.

www.radiotango.no
Unread 19 Dec 2003, 15:33   #21
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

here you get shit like beyonce, the usual christmas 'evergreens' and the likes and retarded dj's that makes you want to yell out loud PLEASE PUT ON ANOTHER SHITSONG FROM DESTINY CHILD

I switched it to a newsstation