User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 1 Feb 2003, 02:31   #1
iain50

iain50 is an unknown quantity at this point
so some people...........

rioted, or put better, questioned the judgement of their leaders in a kinda pro-active way.

if all the people who 'supported' the various governments involved were to congregate, there would be a bigger shebang than the hippy pasifists could muster

question.

if you put all the people who were against a war in iraq along 1 wall, then all the others who were for it against a wall parallel. which wall would be longest?

in my experience there are far more people who see the right in fighting dickheads who want to gas their nan, than those opposed.
iain50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2003, 02:33   #2
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Do we get an 'apathetic' wall? I imagine there's a lot of those.
Unread 1 Feb 2003, 02:35   #3
iain50

iain50 is an unknown quantity at this point
im biased, but i will let them slide in the back door to the pro war side
iain50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2003, 14:51   #4
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Re: so some people...........

Quote:
Originally posted by iain50
in my experience there are far more people who see the right in fighting dickheads who want to gas their nan, than those opposed.
This actually raises an interesting point. Please bear with me, this isn't meant to be pretentious merely observational.

You work in a blue collar industrial job yes? Within the circles you move in there's more support for war than opposition. I work in a white collar office environment and within my social circles there's massively more opposition to war than there is support.

Merely something to ponder...
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2003, 15:00   #5
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
I seriously dont know a person (or rather, i dont know off any person i know) that is pro war in Iraq, as it is today. Many had probably said yes, if Saddam was a threaht to anybody. But now, my friends think that Bush is a bigger threat to world peace and tranqulity than Saddam.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2003, 15:04   #6
GavGull
Here Today

GavGull is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm pro-war but I think that the anti-war movement has an overwhelming majority in the UK.
GavGull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2003, 15:14   #7
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
heh

I find it funny that all this poison gassing his own people business keeps being referred to, when the Iraqis (such as Saddam) don't consider the Kurds (who he gassed) their own people. Not that that justifies it any more of course, poison gasses are horrible things, but this hasn't been pointed out by anyone in the media.

In answer to the question, i think probably the anti-war lot. But after what a history teacher said to me a couple of days ago, i'm not sure whether i support war or not. Think of it - in the years following world war one, we were so frightened of war that appeasement came into happening and Hitler gained an empire. Should we continue backing down?

Well, don't look at me!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2003, 15:34   #8
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
That entirely depends, if you say 'globaly' then the 'con' wall wins by FAR. If you say 'US only' you'd probably get a decent victory by the 'pro' war.

NATO countries, not sure, atm I'm guessing a shlight victory for 'pro', however with each passing day more and more people join the 'con' wall.
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2003, 15:35   #9
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
would you like to know more?

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2003, 15:45   #10
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: heh

Quote:
Originally posted by Mushroom
Think of it - in the years following world war one, we were so frightened of war that appeasement came into happening and Hitler gained an empire. Should we continue backing down?

Well, don't look at me!
If Bush Senior had done nothing after Saddam invaded Kuwait you could have called that appeasement.

What's happening now is more like poking an animal with a stick, trying to provoke a reaction.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2003, 16:15   #11
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: so some people...........

Quote:
Originally posted by iain50
if you put all the people who were against a war in iraq along 1 wall, then all the others who were for it against a wall parallel. which wall would be longest?
In which country? In the US, the pro-war side is by far the larger. I suspect if pushed the UK would be pro-war (if you could only give yes or no answers) but if you looked at the world in total it'd be vastly anti. (As Parra has said)

Having said that about the UK, most people I know in my job (relatively working class job) are anti-war. I'm not sure how sentiment compares inside London vs outside.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote