User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 9 Aug 2004, 10:22   #1
Brimstone
Retired PeOn

Brimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the rough
[Event] I-21Attendance

The next event in the I-series LAN parties is coming up, I-21.

All details of this event can be found at http://www.multiplay.co.uk
This would have been a great place to bring along a Planetarion speedgame, due to the World Cyber Games 2004 preliminarys being held here.

It has been years since Planetarion made a proper appearance at an I-event, i think its time we went to one again. I know there are several people that attend the events for a laugh anyway, but i believe it'd be great to actually get a Planetarion Speed-game running there.

Anyway, If you intend to goto I-21, say so here, and also state wheither you are participant or spectator, and what your plans are.
- When you'll be there
- where you are staying (Camping, crashing on floor, hotel, or park bench...)
- What you want to do there (What games you're playing, Which pubs you might be visiting, who you already plan to meet up with.

If you cannot make this one, come to I-22!

Brimstone
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 10:34   #2
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of
Re: [Event] I-21Attendance

Too bad i cannot come to Theses events, but would be a good start for the community to meet each other in such events.
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 14:06   #3
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Im 90% sure i can go, will stay in a hotel, and will pub crawl everyday

There are some nice pubs in newbury worth visting,

Ice-Lady is also coming \0/
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 14:35   #4
Ice-Lady
Pandoras Box of filth

Ice-Lady has a spectacular aura aboutIce-Lady has a spectacular aura aboutIce-Lady has a spectacular aura about

I'll be there, same as every other time since i8

I tend to stay in the Hilton hotel which is very close to the event ( less than a mile ) which also doesn't overly cost a huge amount ( believe it or not ) for what you're getting ( brekkie, pool, sauna etc ) Many others take thier tents and camp at the venue itself.
Ice-Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 14:52   #5
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

iirc, arn't multiplay one of jolt's main rivals?

-mist
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 16:49   #6
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

i thought i was planning on I22:P so i'll most likely show up there... for some reasons
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 00:02   #7
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

Karmulian is on a distinguished road

I answered this when i was pateam

but unless jolt have had a drastic change of heart.. pa will never attend an i event. as multiplay are direct competitors or jolt.. and jolt would have to pay multiplay to attend...

this is bad business practice

oh.. and i won't be attending.. as i am a cynical old bastard who doesn't see the point in attending an event that involves doing **** all and wasting money needlessly
Karmulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 11:42   #8
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Karmulian set mode +happy
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 12:06   #9
Brimstone
Retired PeOn

Brimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the rough

I thought there may be a problem like this... In which case, why has it not been announced that Planetarion gonna be at the big event at the excel centre in London early september?

Also, if multiplay and Jolt are such big rivals, why do Jolt not setup a similar event to the strat-lan or I-series? The 2 companies are similar in most factors, except Jolt owns a few games and servers, Multiplay owns events where hundreds of games are played... a decent-sized Jolt-run LAN party would be well worthwhile. If multiplay can do it Jolt can...
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 12:09   #10
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Too sensible
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 15:10   #11
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

Karmulian is on a distinguished road

jolt were planning to run a Jolt LAN around the time of i18 but they abandonded it at that time saying they will run it later in the year... but it is liable to be north of england as that is where most jolt staff are
Karmulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 15:28   #12
Brimstone
Retired PeOn

Go middle ground - somewhere in midlands area. The NEC in Birmingham perhaps?
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 15:39   #13
Smudge
For Crowly <3

too expensive

Villa Park (Aston Villas home ground) hosts events, granted its small re accomodation of PCs, could be used