User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 22 Jul 2004, 18:03   #101
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Demoted by jolt

Quote:
Procedure
Once an account has been found guilty of cheating the account
will be closed(1). The owner of the account will be sent an
automated message briefly stating the reason for the closure
and will be given the opportunity to reply to this message to
appeal the decision. Upon completion of this appeal the account
will be subjugated to the proper measures, which can mean
re-opening, deletion or other various punitive measures(2).
The EULA does clearly state that after being found guilty of cheating the account is closed and will remain closed while the owner appeals the decesion. Seems like you breached your own EULA to me tbh
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 18:05   #102
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

You missed out one key word wakey - again
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 18:09   #103
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

ok, enough harm has been done to the game itself, i think that continuing the whole issue and discussing BBW and further wont help the game but just harm it more..
so i decided, to stop posting regarding the matter.
I hope that it will all cease, and that the game will continue to grow as a ex-customer that really cared about the game.
i will not apologize to jolt as i stand with my decision and think i was in the right knowing the consequencies of me taking an official stand would bring a demotion, i therefore understand what geoff made even if how it was handled was really in a worse way.

if i harmed anyone in the process i apologize, nothing personal was meant to be. and i will cease just to make sure the game wont be harmed, this is not in any way an apology for the past event, i do this for the community.

thanks you.
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 18:10   #104
xontas

xontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the rough

didnt we do that topic already

me points out again that the reopening was a communication error on both PAteam and Jolt's side andafter some good mailing back and fort was resolved with the closing of BBW's planets.
xontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 18:13   #105
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

I will cease then as well alch
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 18:22   #106
biffy
Jolt PA Liaison

biffy is a jewel in the roughbiffy is a jewel in the roughbiffy is a jewel in the roughbiffy is a jewel in the rough

So then you can look at it as if he was re-opened following his appeal to Jolt, but then closed again (for the third and final time) after further evidence was presented. Either way the EULA wasn't broken.
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 18:27   #107
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by xontas
didnt we do that topic already

me points out again that the reopening was a communication error on both PAteam and Jolt's side andafter some good mailing back and fort was resolved with the closing of BBW's planets.
The issues greater than that though, the issue is that theres a lack of communication with the community from Jolt and the PATeam which is causing the community to despise Jolt as it seems like they dont really care. It only got onto the actually closing of the account due to biffy claiming the EULA wasnt broken so mists point that it was in the public intrests for us to know wasnt relevent.

I think i'm safe in saying that all anyone really wants is a Jolt whom either directly or indirectly through PATeam keeps the community more upto date with important issues that arise rather than the information blackout which makes jolt seem distant and as if they have little intrest in the games progress. Jolt clearly want the game to succed so they should be showing that to the community, instilling them with confidence rather than waiting until the horse has bolted which builds up the anti jolt feeling.

I mean Zeus used to get alot of stick in his role of what was basically community manager but we can never say he didnt try to keep the community upto date with the goings on that affect them. Thats the type of contact you need to give a game like this and its simply not the contact thats being given
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 00:33   #108
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

I dont care if jolt "cares" about the community or not. They are not our mommies. All i care is that they keep the game cheap, try to be fair (which being that they dont know much about pa politics, im sure they will) and rectify any mistakes they make. Which they did in the case of BBW thanks in part to alchs efforts.

I thinks its amusing that they sacked alch due to the fact that his mentor team had nothing to do with jolt and was pretty much his baby. But if they honestly believed that alch was hurting their image, then business is business.

I dont think in the case of PA, they realize the ramifications of what they do within the community, and if you all wanna stop whining already and do something about this situation, someone should get a petition to have alch reinstated
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 08:12   #109
Recluse

Recluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to all

Petition won't help, but a boycott would >)
Recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 09:35   #110
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

no a petition wont help because basically i said i would refuse to come back, Kal will continue to lead the team, and i hope that no one will boycott the game.
just learn from your mistakes, jolt, and start to invest in the game.
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 11:03   #111
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by alch
oki stand with my decision and think i was in the right knowing the consequencies of me taking an official stand would bring a demotion.
So Jolt punish people for having their own personal thoughts.. great.. You did nothing wrong alch, Jolt did.
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 11:24   #112
Blacknova
Zhil's Monkeyboy

Blacknova is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffy
So then you can look at it as if he was re-opened following his appeal to Jolt, but then closed again (for the third and final time) after further evidence was presented. Either way the EULA wasn't broken.
That would mean that his appeal to jolt was successful as he got re-opened (since the appeal was concluded with his accounts being reactivated indicating insufficient evidence or innocence), given that as the case he should not have been closed for the "third and final" time as you put it as he had already successfully appealed, additional evidence alone would not be enough to change that decision (in which Jolt disregarded the EULA by not sticking to the decision of the appeals procedure)....

OR...

You reopened the account DURING the appeals procedure where the EULA states rather explicitly that the account is to remain closed whilst the appeal is being resolved (in which case Jolt disregarded the EULA by deviating from the appeals procedure)....

So which is it?

Nova
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 11:41   #113
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacknova
That would mean that his appeal to jolt was successful as he got re-opened (since the appeal was concluded with his accounts being reactivated indicating insufficient evidence or innocence), given that as the case he should not have been closed for the "third and final" time as you put it as he had already successfully appealed, additional evidence alone would not be enough to change that decision (in which Jolt disregarded the EULA by not sticking to the decision of the appeals procedure)....

OR...

You reopened the account DURING the appeals procedure where the EULA states rather explicitly that the account is to remain closed whilst the appeal is being resolved (in which case Jolt disregarded the EULA by deviating from the appeals procedure)....

So which is it?

Nova
there was a miscommunication inside the team, so jolt did think there was insufficent evidence. Once they had recieved the full evidence the decision was reversed and he was closed. The miscommunication is partly my fault as as I dsaid previosuly I only sent a summary of what I viewed as the most juicy evidence rather than the nuts and bolts evidence. I think both PaTeam and jolt have learned form this incident and since then communication has improved significantly with the team in regular communication with Geoff and of course with biffy.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 12:13   #114
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

now to get some communication with the players kal. you lot never managed to get that part right, it's just pathetic really, that after knowing the community this long for so many people in the team, you STILL didn't get this part of the game.

the players are what makes planetarion a good game and seeing as we put so much effort and time in it, i think it's not more then fair to get some proper information on alot of things.

this was probably the first round in a while were players actually came back, and in quite high numbers i might add. but with stuff like bbw and letting TP play, you'll just loose alot again, good going people.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 12:43   #115
alch
Retired

Quote:
now to get some communication with the players kal. you lot never managed to get that part right, it's just pathetic really, that after knowing the community this long for so many people in the team, you STILL didn't get this part of the game.

the players are what makes planetarion a good game and seeing as we put so much effort and time in it, i think it's not more then fair to get some proper information on alot of things.

this was probably the first round in a while were players actually came back, and in quite high numbers i might add. but with stuff like bbw and letting TP play, you'll just loose alot again, good going people.
unless, jolt and PATEAM will take the mistakes that have been done and will talk about them, and find the solutions.
To be honest, i think i have a some idea regarding the issues we had lately. i dont really know if i wanna be the one to help jolt

But basically the misscomunication can be found on regular basis on the portal itself.
if you look carefully, you will find that the administrator are giving info regarding the game only once a month, you will see that maybe 6 news were given since the new portal was implemented.
the first step toward the future and better communication, would be a channel of data, where admin can post news regarding events and the game, not on a monthly base but on a daily or weekly base, and let the user post comments or not, and let also biffy as jolt liaision giving views from jolt itself.

that would take it off the forum which mean new users wont see all the blabla on theses forums and that basically can be imjplemented on the portal itself as community-pateam-jolt communication channel, more like short news and short statement from everything, for this matter, the community can elect few liaision and then you have PATEAM and community and jolt rep giving views on the communication channel.

Last edited by alch; 23 Jul 2004 at 13:00.
alch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 13:37   #116
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

heh even then... who really reads portal? if you want it known put it on boards atleast...:S
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 13:53   #117
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

people actually visit the portal now that it's not at www.planetarion.com?

-mist
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 13:55   #118
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
unless, jolt and PATEAM will take the mistakes that have been done and will talk about them, and find the solutions.
To be honest, i think i have a some idea regarding the issues we had lately. i dont really know if i wanna be the one to help jolt

But basically the misscomunication can be found on regular basis on the portal itself.
if you look carefully, you will find that the administrator are giving info regarding the game only once a month, you will see that maybe 6 news were given since the new portal was implemented.
the first step toward the future and better communication, would be a channel of data, where admin can post news regarding events and the game, not on a monthly base but on a daily or weekly base, and let the user post comments or not, and let also biffy as jolt liaision giving views from jolt itself.

that would take it off the forum which mean new users wont see all the blabla on theses forums and that basically can be imjplemented on the portal itself as community-pateam-jolt communication channel, more like short news and short statement from everything, for this matter, the community can elect few liaision and then you have PATEAM and community and jolt rep giving views on the communication channel.
tbh I dont think thats the solution, its just adding another layer of buerocracy in the way of the information flow. There is simply nothing wrong with the forum and portal being used as ways to pass news on as that ensures EVERYONE has access to the source material and its not prone to getting changed along the way (after all anyone whos ever played chinese whispers will know how easy it can be to mishear/misread something or even misunderstand something and then pass that on as fact and change the peice of info completly)
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 14:03   #119
Darky

Darky is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist
people actually visit the portal now that it's not at www.planetarion.com?

-mist
there´s still a portal? i thought they closed it since the announcement forum got reopened again
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 14:28   #120
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darky
there´s still a portal? i thought they closed it since the announcement forum got reopened again
the forums and portal are now partitally integrated - so if an annoucnmenet is mdade on the portal it also appears in the announcments forum here.

Announcements are made when things are finalised. For example there will be a detailed announcment on the spped games soon, as well as probably on the end of the round.

while on the topic of communication, i assume you would all welcome the return of somehtign like creators hour?

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 23 Jul 2004, 14:28   #121
alch
Retired

i think the whole idea i was trying to write was that if jolt/planetarion would act like big company act with their shareholder which mean write report and news in some place, where the mass can come and read to know what the exact situation of the company and therefore know if it worth putting money in.

i think jolt should open the highway of data and information about the game and the event, its better than some missinterpretation of events that later on will make the community act on something that could have been resolved in few seconds.

improvment of the communication dont need to be only between jolt and PATEAM, as few from PATEAM and biffy said, but should be focused between community and jolt and community and PATEAM, because lets face it the community is what make this game, without being informed there will be always problem, and by not hiding anything, the community will understand that nothing phishy is going on under the scene.

when mistakes are made, write them, give us info about it, so we can understand why and how, that wiill high your credibility by far more than you think.

ps: by giving the analogy to a company and their shareholder, i dont expect Planetarion to give any form of economical info or any other secret info ofc, but info that every users can claim.
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 14:33   #122
alch
Retired

Creators would be a good idea, but i guess with the low number of people around, i dont think it will be as usefull as last round, my idea would be to open the flow of interaction between all the 3 parties involved in the game

like this schema:

community ------------ jolt
| |
PAteam-------------------|

And not on a weekly base but something in real time, something that can be done on a minute to minute base and can be accessed by every single user/admin/jolt rep
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 14:36   #123
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
i think the whole idea i was trying to write was that if jolt/planetarion would act like big company act with their shareholder which mean write report and news in some place, where the mass can come and read to know what the exact situation of the company and therefore know if it worth putting money in.

i think jolt should open the highway of data and information about the game and the event, its better than some missinterpretation of events that later on will make the community act on something that could have been resolved in few seconds.

improvment of the communication dont need to be only between jolt and PATEAM, as few from PATEAM and biffy said, but should be focused between community and jolt and community and PATEAM, because lets face it the community is what make this game, without being informed there will be always problem, and by not hiding anything, the community will understand that nothing phishy is going on under the scene.

when mistakes are made, write them, give us info about it, so we can understand why and how, that wiill high your credibility by far more than you think.

ps: by giving the analogy to a company and their shareholder, i dont expect Planetarion to give any form of economical info or any other secret info ofc, but info that every users can claim.
I know this probably isn;t what u want to hear, but we do pretty much give out info. For example we amended to manual in responce to the mistu incident and gave notice of that in the motd.

Had any procedures changed as a result of the BBW incident the community would have been informed.

We could tell you all the things we hope to have in round 12, or the future plans for the portal and passport, BUT as we are not yet certain of the full details we cannot + there is the possibility of a certain other game stealing ideas.

But yes you are right, we do need to communicate more, the question is what is the best way to do that, so maybe you the community should give us some helpful advise, like for example how alch has just done.

So i ask 2 questions - what communication methods would you like, and what sort of information would u like communicated?

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 23 Jul 2004, 14:53   #124
alch
Retired

1. something out the forum on the portal with lot more detailed information posted both by biffy from the part of jolt, info on the game posted from the PATEAM and some community event and info posted by a rep of the community (an unofficial rep and not under jolt).

What Do we want to know? EVERYTHING?
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 14:55   #125
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
1. something out the forum on the portal with lot more detailed information posted both by biffy from the part of jolt, info on the game posted from the PATEAM and some community event and info posted by a rep of the community (an unofficial rep and not under jolt).

i'm afraid everything isn;t a good enough answer - assume we are stupid and don;t know what everything is

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 23 Jul 2004, 15:06   #126
alch
Retired

i mean - connect your brain to a java script and give us the flow of you though about the game ;p
that EVERYTHING.
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 15:09   #127
Kal
Inactive peon

i'm not sure i want java on my brain :/

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?p=2727418 <-- better place to discuss this

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 23 Jul 2004, 16:05   #128
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Zo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffy
Let me stop you there.

It's not unsual for organisations to have internal disagreements, which is what the BBW situation was. I personally disagreed with the call to re-open him myself but I did it because I could see why it would be arguably fair to do so until the evidence was so overwhelming that it could not be explained away by someone such as him. It was a matter that could have been resolved internally and actually was when you consider it was a member of the multi-hunter team who provided the information that resulted in the re-closing of his account.

The forum aftermath was due to someone in PA Team having some misguided belief that leaking it to the general Planetarion playing public would be a good idea. All it did was put PA Team in a difficult situation and cause a load of anti-Jolt feeling because it was hyped up as some big crisis that it wasn't. Whilst the PA community might wish for knowledge of all PA Team and Jolt discussions this simply isn't going to happen. We regularly talk about various topics, be they suggestions from the community / Jolt or issues arising in the game. Between myself, PA Team and Spinner we often have different takes on them, sometimes exchanging heated words, other times laughing, but usually coming to a consensus. These are however private discussions that are necessary for the running of the game and when people don't respect that privacy it is very disappointing. So perhaps it is our fault in that respect, because we put our faith in someone who couldn't behave in an adult manner.
Your not talking to the general player base here just the forum drama queens, in time you will expect the over reactions and the hype. Dont let it put you off.

However, people were angry that you dealt with a suspected cheat in a way that was 'different' to others, because of the amount of accounts he had paid for. Cheats have always been closed while the planets were investigated. Its nothing too big or too important. It is however a bad decision, because it sends out the wrong message. That people are special (cheats or otherwise) if they have paid for lots of accounts.

** after writing a much longer post, i cut it down to that point, so i wasnt making too big a deal out of it either **

"The only easy day was yesterday."
Zo0f is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 16:05   #129
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Zo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of light

As for alch-

"dont bite the hand that feeds you"

"The only easy day was yesterday."
Zo0f is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 16:06   #130
wakey
Hamster

Quote:

Sorry but your idea is completly ridiculous. Why should only a rep get to put his point across, dont you think these people have their own issues and agendas which they are going to always push, will they actually even bother bringing up issues they dont agree with ect.

And will it take it away from the forums, of course not as soon as anything is posted from Jolt its going to move over to the forums. You cant change that .

And once it moves over to the forums you have the problem of events getting changed. You see people DONT use the portal that much, EVERY attempt to make them do so has failed. Alot of people will find out about whats going on when its discussed on the forums and may never actually see what was really said.

What should happen is there should be regular updates posted on the portal which obviously cross posts on the announcement forum.. A copy of this announcement should then be made on a forum like PD (or AD if its alliance related) and called <Subject> disscussion,. The first post would be a copy of the annoucement to start with and anyone would be able to comment on it. Preferable PATeam and maybe even the mods should be well versed in the issue at hand so they can keep the discussion on track and supply approiate replies. to questions that are raised. ANY reply to a question would have its responce edited into the first post so newcomers to the thread can see whats been answered before hand.

So it would end up something like

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ANNOUCEMENT SUBJECT

Announcement body

Additional 1
Additional info

Additional 2
Additional info
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These threads would also be heaverly modded so replies like "this sucks", "this is great" would be removed as they can just hinder the discussion. However NO reply would be removed that gave some kind of constructive comment NO MATTER how negative. Jolt (well the bosses) seem to take Negative comments to heart atm and this is something they need to get over (or they need to quit and find jobs which doesnt require them to have to deal with customers because its simply something that comes with the territory and rather than getting defensive and offended it should actually be used to make things better)

PATeam and Jolt should should strive to answer as many questions as possible and do so in a suitable manner, not the heavy on the spin, very defensive responces that actually steer away from answering the question. if you cant go into details then explain WHY you cant as people arent going to be half as annoyed if you can give them a valid reason why you cant answer a question rather than when you post a standard peice of pr. (well as long as you dont end up using it as a reason to not say anything obviously you over use the excuses for not answering and people are going to start to wonder if your just being awkward). Obviously as you need people to answer questions you need to ensure theres PATeam members around at most times able to do so, if you cant acheive that as obviously PATeam are often very busy perhaps you can make use of the mods a bit more, i know when things arise on the forums and I try and get a responce from PATeam about it i'm 99.9% of the time fobbed off with the whole "we cant tell you" so perhaps when mods ask questions and PATeam cant go and answer it directly themselves they would be willing to give us the jist of it so we can pass it on and then later on PATeam can answer more indepth.

What info should be given. Well heres what i think

Development updates - Either weekly or fortnightly (weekly better imho bit fortnightly may be easier to). These dont have to be lists of features although some features being worked on being mentioned would be good, but rather details on what phase of development they were at, what area of the game they were focusing on at that time, what problems had arisen and if they were ahead or behind schedual and why this was the case. It should also detail minor aspects of the game that had changed their design spec or were remove completely (ie so if the planned galaxy structure goes form being 10 planets to 25 or an announced feature such as pds was removed then it would be mentioned)

Marketing updates - This would probally be from Jolt directly but maybe have aspects contributed by PATeam. Seeing as selling the game is really something you do only once a round this could probally get away with just one a round. In this Jolt would not only outline their plans and goals for PA that round and what they were going to do to try and make sure they are met BUT also analyse how well they acheived the previous rounds goals and what went wrong and what they learnt from the round that will help them. It doesnt have to be that in depth just enough so we can know what jolt are aiming for so we can see they are trying to take the game forward and if things dont go to plan so we know why and arent left to draw our own conclusions from the silence. if they make a mistake or were too over optimistic and they admit that people, will understand

General updates - Any peice of major info that affects the community would be announced before it can leak. Info like the BBW case, the scrapping of the PHP version, the sackings ect ect WILL leak no matter how much your try and prevent it (well unless you wish to lock PATeam up in a steal box and filter all their communications out of it) because it is soemthing that affects the community and rather than try and keep it secret ist simply better you make it public yourselves before the rumours start flying.

Outside the this we should also have some form of Creators hour back, although I think it needs refining so that it doesnt turn into a ' ask for the same flawed idea over and over again" hour that it sometimes became.

Also personally id like to see more input put into Suggestions from Spinner. I know he doesnt have too much time so cant go through all the threads so perhaps a return to the old system we had where every week id sumemrise all the suggestions threads which had reached a point where no further discussion and enhancements were taking place. This would be emailed to spinner and he would reply with his thoughts letting me know what I could say he said, what i was allowed to hint and what I could hint at and what he thougt but at this stage didnt want any official indication on his view being made (although i could often work aspects of it into my own ideas on the subject if the thread needed it). Also because the links to the threads were given in the email IF there was anything of real intrest to Spinner he could and would go and comment on it directly
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 23 Jul 2004, 16:09   #131
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?p=2727418 <-- better place to discuss this
Oh ffs you let me spend all that time writing the above thread ONLY to post it and find youve created a thread for it. Putting things in its own thread is a GODO idea WHEN you havent started the discussion on another thread, now we are just going to end up with this discussion taking place over two threads
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 10:46   #132
Fernando
Lieutenant Colonel

Fernando is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
i have been leading a hate-campaign against jolt
Oi you!

thats my job, dont steal it! :P

if not someone please tell me why Planetarion is STILLLLLL joltonized

---
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos
How Shitty. guess that tells us all just what Jolt feels about PA.

Guess it's just a mather of time before they'll scrap it.
did Jolt ever care about making PA stay alive? (well... or how it used to be)...

You can tell me off for flaming, but you must agree it is true. Jolt doesnt care about the game itself, they just care about making money money and MONEY.
thats not the way to make a game survive.
---
Alch. You werent the first to "leave" nor will you be the last one.
I'd call it anti-semitism

Community for community - join #PA

Last edited by Fernando; 24 Jul 2004 at 10:51.
Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 10:51   #133
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Dark-Strider is on a distinguished road

What next? They get the petition closed?

This really is another kick in the teeth for the PA Community.
Kicking someone hwo has done alot to help this game just because he spoke out against something he felt was wrong is in my opinion bad business. Now there will just be more anti Jolt sentiment in the PA Community.

Anyway gl with whatever you choose to do next alch.
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 16:09   #134
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

After knowing BBW for a few rounds, my comment to Jolt is this.

YOUR A BUNCH OF F******* AMATEURS!
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 16:21   #135
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

You shouldnt have gotten involved in this tbh Chaos, Jolt may sack you from HR HC!;P
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 16:24   #136
alch
Retired

rofl.
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 18:12   #137
Smudge
For Crowly <3

The thing is, they will try and find a way to close his account
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 19:12   #138
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge
Fact: BBW doesnt play with one account, he always has more.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 20:30   #139
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal

Dont let me see you mistake JavaScript for Java ever again!

Talk about blasphemic posts :/

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired

Last edited by TheRat; 24 Jul 2004 at 20:37.
TheRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 21:27   #140
Cayl

Cayl has a spectacular aura aboutCayl has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
ok this will be my last post on the subject of the current anti jolt movement.
Ok I won't read any further down the thread, because this seems to answer my questions. Hope I don't miss anything pertinent.

Quote:
First the BBW case.

*snip*
If you'd just posted all this BEFORE the community and alch got all bent out of shape, do you think there would have been a less negative outcome?

Quote:
So basically the first anti jolt mess was for no reason, had the community had confidence in PaTeams relationship with jolt then things would now be a lot better.
Are you now blaming this situation on the community? Do you think that PA Team and Jolt have some responsibility in fostering the faith you expect?

Quote:
During the first anti jolt fiasco alch was quite publically anti jolt, enough to attract the atttention of geoff specifically when he was browwsing the forums - yes geoff does read them form time to time.

*snip*
I don't know if this is true or not, and don't care enough to research this claim for myself, though the posts are still there for those who want to look into it. However I do know that people who associate themselves officially with an organization are bound by certain protocols and rules. One of them is not to be negative in public. As an insider your obligation is to work within the organization to effect change.

I also think that once the decision was made, PA Team acted effectively and fairly. A Loose cannon with full access is not good for the game. When someone's fired at their job, they get escorted out.

Quote:
All of the recent events are unfortunate, buts what has happened has happened and cannot be changed.
Not strictly true.

Quote:
All we can do is learn from the mistakes, and not just the mistakes of jolt and PATeam, all of us are to quick to judge and lay the blame.
Is this reinforcing your blame on the community thing from above?

Quote:
I know I ask a lot when I ask people to have confidence in PATeam and jolt, but I truly believe that PA is on a rise at the moment. We have a larger number of paid planets at the moment, probably mathcing the PAX levels if not being over them.
Do you attribute this rise in anything in particular? New game features, a recruiting campaign, the in-game political situation, etc?

Quote:
Jolt is impressed and we in PATeam are also. Jolt has even mentioend spending money, but then they look at the forums and start to wonder why should they advertise PA when as soon as someone comes and looks at the site they will see all theese threads about how badly it is doing. It is hard to market a product that is doing its best to self distruct.
Why -shouldn't- jolt do some basic advertisement? Am I correct to assume they intend to grow the community and reap the benefits of their initial money and continuing time investments?

People will always have bad things to say about how you run the game. All you can do is control to an extent what those bad things are about. If the biggest complaint is ship stats, then you can let it go and leave the boards to what they do best, a semi-useful vent for disgruntled players. But if you are getting complaints about running a crooked game, or having a dysfunctional corporate culture, or any of the recent bad things, perhaps THIS would be a good time to quash the conversation. Not by cracking down, but by dousing it with a little truth and open communication for once.

Quote:
Mistakes have been made by virtually everyone, all I ask is that PaTeam and jolt be given a chance to show how good the future of PA can be, and that the community bare in mind that things will take time, and there will be setbacks along the way.
Are you saying that mistakes are made by people in general? Thats true. Are you saying everyone made mistakes in this situation? Perhaps, though only a few were in a position to have their mistakes snowball into large proportions. Are these the people who've taken away lessons from this incident?
Unread 24 Jul 2004, 22:13   #141
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayl

I don't know if this is true or not, and don't care enough to research this claim for myself, though the posts are still there for those who want to look into it. However I do know that people who associate themselves officially with an organization are bound by certain protocols and rules. One of them is not to be negative in public. As an insider your obligation is to work within the organization to effect change.

I also think that once the decision was made, PA Team acted effectively and fairly. A Loose cannon with full access is not good for the game. When someone's fired at their job, they get escorted out.
If you did go and check you would see the claim he was majorly anti Jolt is a bit far fetched. He started the thread backing Jolt by putting his faith in jolt that the rumours had no truth in them, it wasnt intil Karm basically confirmed it . Now its always been the case that those outside PATeam HAVE been allowed to state their opinions even if they are differnt to what PATeam and co's and Jolt have since confirmed that is the case so its not him taking an opposite view that got him fired, its the fact they believe he resorted to mindless flaming rather than constructive critism and they have stated its the part where he Jokes about buying multiple accounts so he can cheat. Now ok maybe this wasnt the smartest comment to make when you consider that the written word doesnt always portray the nature of a comment very well but most people realised the tone it was said in was a ligh hearted one, expect it seems Geoff and co. It really didnt seem a comment full of malice, hey I was about to post something along the same lines to lighten the mood a bit while we were waiting for Jolt to clarify the situation a bit better but I got caught up in one of my long winded posts so never got round to it. Those at Jolt do seem to be a bit edgy around negative comments, they end up beliving the slighest critism is an all out flame and they then over react which in turn makes them look a bit like they are covering something up. They just need to stop being so scared of the players, yes they might critises them but as you said its something you will always have and atleast the passion people are putting into the complaints shows that the players care and want the game to succeed which lets be honest is better than having a playerbase who can hardly be bothered to complain
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 02:57   #142
Blacknova
Zhil's Monkeyboy

Blacknova is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
there was a miscommunication inside the team, so jolt did think there was insufficent evidence. Once they had recieved the full evidence the decision was reversed and he was closed. The miscommunication is partly my fault as as I dsaid previosuly I only sent a summary of what I viewed as the most juicy evidence rather than the nuts and bolts evidence. I think both PaTeam and jolt have learned form this incident and since then communication has improved significantly with the team in regular communication with Geoff and of course with biffy.
LOL...

Cute, take note kiddies, when you file a report which may have an adverse effect and is liable to be challenged by a player who appears to have a screw loose, make damn sure it's water tight THE FIRST TIME.

I'm not actually surprised communications have been "improved" tbh. If I filed an incomplete report to my superiors in any of my previous jobs that *would* be a sacking offence. What Alch did by speaking out in an opinionated manner might not have been particularly smart, but it didn't deserve anything more than a hard slap on the wrists imo, it's not like he said anything more libellous than most of the people here, and it certainly appears he didn't goof up as badly as some of the other parties involved.

Nova
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 09:35   #143
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
After knowing BBW for a few rounds, my comment to Jolt is this.

YOUR A BUNCH OF F******* AMATEURS!
Don`t use such language, Zhukov! the right term is 'newbies'!
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 16:15   #144
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
Don`t use such language, Zhukov! the right term is 'newbies'!
Sorry.

Jolt, yer f****** newbies!!
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 18:13   #145
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge
Ofc, that's because he's never playing fair.. always cheating.. Name one round he didn't cheat..
Unread 25 Jul 2004, 23:37   #146
ronnie
Kralizec

ronnie will become famous soon enoughronnie will become famous soon enough

the best way to get your point across community is to play another game which is free and leave PA for a round, see how jolt like it then

PIA is quite fun tbh

<Killmark> you do know what race i am right?
<Ronnie> is 'gay boy' a race ?
<Killmark> ronnie
<Killmark> stfu
ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 18:18   #147
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

A side note: alch sent me a pm quite a while ago to join #mentors. I did and have been idiling there ever since. When a new player came in an asked a question while I was there, Id wait to see if any @ or * answered him. (I am in a time zone that affords me to be on when most of the PA world is asleep). If no one answered the player, I would answer him.

alch recently started a new initiative which if fully support, but I figured id stay in #mentors, in case I could help a new player when no one else was available. Last night I was kbanned from the channel as there is now a rule posted in the topic "no idling"

Its seems to me that mentors has truly become a place, where the community isnt welcome. Its a shame because i thought "the more interaction between experienced and new players in a helpful manner, the more the new player would be inclined to stick around. Guess i better stop thinking so much.
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 18:27   #148
Kal
Inactive peon

the reason for the no idle rule is to stop annoying people from idling, it should be rarely used though - if u contact me on irc telling me who kciked u i will deal with it, you are also welcome to apply to the team.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 26 Jul 2004, 18:40   #149
Fyodor
Behe

thanks pal
Unread 26 Jul 2004, 18:53   #150
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
the reason for the no idle rule is to stop annoying people from idling
Thats beyond stupid. How in gods name can you be annoying by idling? Surely it is when you are talking that you become annoying and so it should be at that point you get banned, not while you arent saying anything.