User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 25 Jan 2012, 13:19   #1
PewPewQQ
Google Me.
Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Summer Games Champion, Twelve Swap Champion

PewPewQQ is a jewel in the roughPewPewQQ is a jewel in the roughPewPewQQ is a jewel in the roughPewPewQQ is a jewel in the rough
Attack/Defence Points

Can you add another 2 columns on the Alliance Members page which shows the Att/Def points along side codename/race/score/value/ect.. and can you make it so it can be sorted aswell from highest to lowest and vice versa.

Pretty pleaseeeeeee thanks!

PewPewQQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2012, 16:46   #2
zL
Banned

zL is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Attack/Defence Points

yes i think def/att points is a good way to judge how many people are takeing part is alliance raids/covering waves good thought PewPewQQ o/
zL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2012, 16:51   #3
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

I agree
Unread 25 Jan 2012, 16:55   #4
zL
Banned

as of def as such it would help alot
Unread 25 Jan 2012, 17:35   #5
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

CT has a system like this and it works very well, I would certainly think other allies would benefit from a system like this as well if it was in game.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2012, 17:50   #6
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

And other people would say that this (defence point systems) is one of the reasons CT has been relatively unsuccessful.

I think the original poster is simply asking for information we already have to be displayed more clearly, which is fine.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2012, 18:09   #7
zL
Banned

shev i totally disagree.
Unread 25 Jan 2012, 19:15   #8
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shev View Post
And other people would say that this (defence point systems) is one of the reasons CT has been relatively unsuccessful.

I think the original poster is simply asking for information we already have to be displayed more clearly, which is fine.
I would say in the case of CT... Too many spectators, not enough folk DCing
From what I hear it is pretty much the same Since R40
Unread 26 Jan 2012, 16:01   #9
Monroe

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

There are many factors as to why CT has been successful or unsuccessful over the rounds. What the key factor is in each round varies, sometimes it's defense, sometimes it's offense, sometimes it's politics, sometimes it's the race selections, sometimes it's the activity levels of key players, etc. The point system itself does discourage players who play primarily for their own planet from being CT members, as it points out that they don't help their ally mates, but otherwise has been a very positive system and the large majority of our members like it and use it. Regardless of this the point system in and of itself has never been the cause of a lack of competitiveness in CT.

#strategy
Unread 26 Jan 2012, 18:38   #10
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

I'd say that the choice of how any alliance distributes defence has a significant impact on any alliances competitiveness.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Unread 26 Jan 2012, 19:20   #11
Monroe

Sure Shev, any alliance that relies solely on defense points to determine who gets defense is going to have issues. The issue you raised earlier was that the point system is primarily a negative and is something that alliances don't benefit from. From CTs perspective the point system is primarily a positive and I think other alliances would benefit from it as CT has, and so I think the original suggestion in this thread has merit.

#strategy
Unread 26 Jan 2012, 20:11   #12
Jeffro

Jeffro is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess the defence points system has meant CT dont tend to have many players in t10 but it does reward the members who are team players, that can only be good surely
Jeffro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2012, 00:56   #13
Shev
So what?

It depends on your goal really. I don't think it's a useful system for an alliance that aims to win. I think it's quite good at keeping your best defenders happy.

As an odd side point, I remember a time when CT was considered to be an alliance that flagshipped certain players. (Please note I'm not trying to pick fights here, it was just a common perception of CT at the time)

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Unread 27 Sep 2012, 07:30   #14
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Will look to count number of times defence has been sent to an alliance mate and how many times someone has been on their allocated alliance attack (might be a bit generous on coords/land tick?). Also will add the ability to manually modify these fields and a message that says "this launch has earnt you 1 alliance attack/defence point" on the fleet screen.
Won't specifically log when / to who the points were learnt, unless you think this is beneficial?