User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 29 Aug 2006, 00:00   #1
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Hey Tomkat it was me!

Today I was in my mums car, quite drunk. I wasn't driving my mum was. I had just been on a 10 hour pub crawl of quite a large chunk of the city centre. Anyway as we started driving, this car all of a sudden pulled out in front of us.

Ok cool, its brum. The driving gets like rome sometimes.

Alas not this time.

The driver was swerving all over the road and shit. Anyway they got on the Aston expressway and were still driving shit.

So I called the police and reported on them.

It felt good.

In a weird way.

I mean firstly me and the police arent exactly ying and yang, we have ran into each other a few times (not in a good way). Secondly its the police. God knows why I would work with them.

However I felt as though I did a moral duty. I will get onto this. Now I dont in particular have a problem with drink drivers. In fact the advertising slogan "You cant make up your limit" or something is true. Not one limit is the same. However when someone is pissed and driving like a twat I dont tolerate that.

Anyway the reason why I called the police was because on the same stretch of road on saturday morning circa 5am I drove past a dead body. My taxi went past the scene of a hit and run just after it occured. The taxi stopped. Police came when we stopped. Felt his pulse. Nothing.

Just a dead body.

I felt sick.

I had never equated car accidents, deaths etc into anything real. It was always a news story etc. I never had any connection. But this was different. In the road I saw blood, and a motionless body. I thought I was going to throw up when I saw it. I cant describe it but I didnt. I was shaken up by the event. Which I didnt expect. I mean I have known of deaths/shootings/stabbings near my home but never seen the aftermath.

The next day I saw the news story. The guy was a milkman. He was hit by a red car, but it was a hit and run. At that time of the morning most likely drunk as well.

This is why I called the police.

Back to the Aston expressway about 2 minutes after I made a call, the police pulled up behind the car I reported and pulled it over.

I didnt really care that they might go to prison, or they might pay a fine or they might lose there liscence.

The fact that I might have stopped them from killing someone was good enough for me. (God that sounds corny.)

love you all

pig xxx
Unread 29 Aug 2006, 00:10   #2
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Hey Tomkat it was me!

This morning on my way to work the car ahead of me stopped to let three young children cross the street on their way to school. An idiot in the next lane couldn't figure out why people were stopping so kept rolling along. The three children came out in front of him and fortunately he had just enough time to break and swerve slightly to the side and managed not to kill the three. Had he been drinking and his reflexes impaired, I would undoubtedly have seen three motionless bodies in the road way. Driving after drinking evean a moderate amount of alcohol is a very iffy thing.
Unread 29 Aug 2006, 00:36   #3
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Drunk driving is shit. Call a cab, a friend, something, or plan ahead.
Unread 29 Aug 2006, 00:46   #4
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

What's this thread got to do with Tomkat again?
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2006, 00:48   #5
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i drove to a pub tonight, had a pint, then a coke and drove home.

now I feel bad

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2006, 00:53   #6
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I dont like the police. I dont like the law. But I agree that when drunken drivers are caught, I feel a pang of satisfaction. It's a shitty thing to do, to say the least.
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2006, 01:10   #7
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
i drove to a pub tonight, had a pint, then a coke and drove home.

now I feel bad
What was it a pint of? (what was the ABV?)
We shall remember them.
Unread 29 Aug 2006, 01:13   #8
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Dave
What was it a pint of? (what was the ABV?)
a pint of manchester bitter at 4.2%.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 29 Aug 2006, 01:14   #9
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

A certain member of this forum cannot drive legally at the moment for a drink related reason.
Unread 29 Aug 2006, 05:01   #10
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

I had an aunt who got killed by a drunk driver

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2006, 08:01   #11
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
This morning on my way to work the car ahead of me stopped to let three young children cross the street on their way to school. An idiot in the next lane couldn't figure out why people were stopping so kept rolling along. The three children came out in front of him and fortunately he had just enough time to break and swerve slightly to the side and managed not to kill the three. Had he been drinking and his reflexes impaired, I would undoubtedly have seen three motionless bodies in the road way. Driving after drinking evean a moderate amount of alcohol is a very iffy thing.
Over here you're told not to stop to let pedestrians cross for precisely this reason.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2006, 08:41   #12
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

We've had highly effective commercials here about drunk driving
I don't know anyone that still drives drunk

It we're usually commercials in which one guy, bob, stayed sober to bring his friends home
the drunks behaved quite good and the sober guy was the most messed up one, and broke someone's nose for example
Which would be a good thing then coz he was the one that stayed sober

Now usually one person stays sober, he's the Bob then
and the rest can do what they want

Last edited by Alessio; 29 Aug 2006 at 09:12.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2006, 10:15   #13
aestuos
No Alliance

aestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really nice

on the slightly related subject, in england a police officor was driving 159mph on a duelcarridgeway, the "court ordeal" lasted 3 years and although he was convicted of dangerous driving he was not prosecusted as it had been emotionally stressful for him and his family over the last three years as he was a traffic cop.

Now is this acceptable, 159 mph is twice the speed and a bit of the limit here in england, plus he wasnt even in his police car and he wasnt on duty. His excuse was he was practising his skills.

or not
aestuos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2006, 10:53   #14
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
A certain member of this forum cannot drive legally at the moment for a drink related reason.

Actually I've been allowed to hold a licence for about a year now (and have done).

I got banned from driving for 12 months about 2 years ago.

I was a prat and deserved it. Now I don't even have one drink before driving - it just isn't worth it. Ignoring the damage you could do to other people, it's been a real hassle in terms of insurance (it takes 5 years before it doesn't affect your insurance) and paying to retake my test etc.
Unread 29 Aug 2006, 13:15   #15
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aestuos
on the slightly related subject, in england a police officor was driving 159mph on a duelcarridgeway, the "court ordeal" lasted 3 years and although he was convicted of dangerous driving he was not prosecusted as it had been emotionally stressful for him and his family over the last three years as he was a traffic cop.

Now is this acceptable, 159 mph is twice the speed and a bit of the limit here in england, plus he wasnt even in his police car and he wasnt on duty. His excuse was he was practising his skills.
Actually he was in new unmarked police car and was "testing it out"
We shall remember them.
Unread 29 Aug 2006, 14:33   #16
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
Driving after drinking evean a moderate amount of alcohol is a very iffy thing.
Try to tell that to the president and his kids, eh?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2006, 17:06   #17
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Actually I've been allowed to hold a licence for about a year now (and have done).

I got banned from driving for 12 months about 2 years ago.

I was a prat and deserved it. Now I don't even have one drink before driving - it just isn't worth it. Ignoring the damage you could do to other people, it's been a real hassle in terms of insurance (it takes 5 years before it doesn't affect your insurance) and paying to retake my test etc.

Way to get all FACTUAL on me you dick!
Unread 29 Aug 2006, 19:17   #18
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Although it's not about drink driving, but using seat-belts, I think this commercial hit well (released by the norwegian 'driving department'): http://www.vegvesen.no/bilbelte/lyd_...venCanWait.wmv

It may be strong scenes for some people (and the department got reactions for that) and I think it's good they use strong scenes. Hope they make one about drink driving aswell.
Unread 29 Aug 2006, 20:56   #19
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I will drive after drinking (wait, don't shoot me yet) but I'm so anal about it that if it was possible I'd be more sober on those occasions than normally. By which I mean I will allow myself a lager shandy, meaning I'm probably not over the limit to start with, and then I refuse to get behind the wheel until at least an hour has passed and I've had a pint of some soft drink or other.

There should be some way, other than the sight of human remains all over their windscreen, to get it into the head of people who drive over the limit (or even close to it) quite how irresponsible they're being.
Unread 29 Aug 2006, 21:02   #20
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

i don't think thats excusable anyway megla, you're only small
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2006, 21:15   #21
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Arrive Alive, Don't Drink and Drive !
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2006, 21:34   #22
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meglamaniac
I will drive after drinking (wait, don't shoot me yet) but I'm so anal about it that if it was possible I'd be more sober on those occasions than normally. By which I mean I will allow myself a lager shandy, meaning I'm probably not over the limit to start with, and then I refuse to get behind the wheel until at least an hour has passed and I've had a pint of some soft drink or other.
I remember reading or seeing something on TV that suggested that people are more alert after having one drink, simply because they're so scared they might be caught that they don't want to make any mistakes on the road.
Unread 29 Aug 2006, 21:41   #23
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Kerrang radio tells me that people driving slowly, with the windows open, down back roads are more likely to be stopped for possible drink driving.

If i'm driving, I don't drink anything. Sometimes (most of the time) when I'm not driving, I don't drink anything though, so maybe not the best example :|
Unread 29 Aug 2006, 23:08   #24
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I remember reading or seeing something on TV that suggested that people are more alert after having one drink, simply because they're so scared they might be caught that they don't want to make any mistakes on the road.
Brainiac did a 'wired' vs 'tired' driving test.

I think tired won.
Unread 30 Aug 2006, 12:41   #25
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

I got banned about 3 years ago now for getting pissed up at a mates uni (in Southampton) and getting in a car attempting to drive round a car park and i hit a white van and then a fence. Ive been driving now for about a year and i have 1 pint of 5% (or so) lager and then at least 1 coke before i leave at least 45minutes after i finished the pint. At this point i am not over the legal limit, i am not drunk, and i am not impaired in any way in my opinion.

On a side note anyone hear about that thing where you suck on a 2p if your about to be breathalised and it returns a negative reading?
Unread 30 Aug 2006, 13:30   #26
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligFree
On a side note anyone hear about that thing where you suck on a 2p if your about to be breathalised and it returns a negative reading?
Probably an urban myth, like if you breathe really hard it shows up negative.

It's silly though - one of my friends bought a breathalyser test (about £50) that has 200 or so readings in, before you send it off to get reset again. The results were pretty erroneous. We spent a day in the pub playing with it. I still showed up as under the limit after 6 pints, whereas one of my friends just had 2 drinks and showed up as over the limit. It was quite fun trying to reach the 0.25 level though.

A lot is to do with the alcohol in your mouth at the time.

I know that if you think you're just about on the limit but might be under, then you should say you've been smoking. That means the police won't bother to breathalyse you there but will take you down to the police station for it, in which time you might show a low enough reading to be ok.
Unread 30 Aug 2006, 13:42   #27
Ste
Bored

I was told you could say "I had a half a couple of minutes ago" as you'll definately be under the limit but it shows up very high on a breathaliser because you've just drank it.

Then they have to decide whether it's worth taking you down to the station or not...

Unread 30 Aug 2006, 18:08   #28
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

They ask you if you've had anything to drink in the last 15 minutes. If you say you have, they simply wait (at the side of the road) until 15 minutes have passed since you said you last drank and then breathalyze you. You're not going to get taken to the police station unless you fail the test (or refuse to take it), I'm afraid, and they're certainly not going to give up and let you on your way simply because you've just had a drink.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote