User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 2 Jan 2014, 01:29   #1
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
So, did you see that ludicrous display...?

What was Moyes thinking, sending on Kagawa so early?

The problem with Man Utd is they always try and walk it in ....
Unread 2 Jan 2014, 20:18   #2
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: So, did you see that ludicrous display...?

the problem is that the epitome of mediocrity running the club is so shit. not that the material itself is really amazing, honestly. when rooney is your holding midfielder and your offensive lineup consists of the belgian kid who'd get pushed off the ball by my granma, divey choc ice young, and danny "what did i just do" welbeck, you can't expect too much.

moyes isn't thinking. i don't believe he's ever been a big fan of.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2014, 20:45   #3
oil

oil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to behold

Moyes is a Scottish ginger Marxist who wants to crush the dreams of English chauvinists by helping a French intellectual win the league. He has my love. The end.
oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2014, 13:24   #4
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

No one made reference to the IT Crowd

He has had a few jokes at his expense - him finally seeing Everton finish above Man Utd in the league, etc.

I think they had quite a nice little run going until Spurs provided them with a big set-back ... they started to get some real momentum up until that point. It'll be interesting to see how the next few games pan out - there really appears to be a top 3 of Arsenal, Man City and Chelsea at the moment, and if they break away from Liverpool / Everton, that might be it. Liverpool were maybe a little unlucky but needed to do better against Man City / Chelsea, now it's all to do!

It's interesting that Man Utd are sticking with Moyes but AVB got fired - would Tottenham have done much differently with AVB?
Unread 3 Jan 2014, 18:09   #5
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

well you see appocomaster normally i'd give some leash but i'll have to correct you here. after getting kebabey'd at st james park united's beaten aston villa (ok that counts), bottom of the table ham (doesnt count), accidentally stumbled over hull (steve bruce), and then managed to defeat norwich in a thriller of a game. this doesn't really count as a "nice little run", it counts as a drunkard avoiding getting hit by a truck crossing the street.

now, yes, sure, united's team is nowhere near the quality either chelsea, citteh, or even voyeur's arsenal does (albeit they come close to gooners). i mean the defense is shambolic, whilst other people are playing fielding likes of hazard, oscar, navas, silva, and özil, you got ashley ****ing young. then there's the bottom of the midfield. tom cleverley isn't that good. carrick had a torrid game against spurs if you ask me. whatevers wrong with the afro guy moyes brought with him i dont know. van persie is good but he's injured half the seasons he plays (thats right this season).

but it's hard to think that there'd not been money to put on players. if there simply wasn't, then you can really consider abandoning your title hopes soon. there's a lot of competition for young talent nowadays. ryan giggses don't get diabolically handled by citteh.

AVB had more than sufficient funds (what 100m£) to build up exactly the team he wanted and he couldn't get it working (hello lamela). his major mistake was of course to bench adeMayor, who is a striker par excellance and will single handedly carry spurs towards triumph (as long as you can handle with the fact that sometimes hes just too tired to walk off the pitch and needs a stretcher and a diet coke).

nevertheless, since moyes hasn't been spending like the devil himself it's really a bit of an unfair comparison - he's riding dwindling bones of an old dog where for some reason there hasn't been sufficient investment to patch the gaping holes that have been evident for a while (i know it's worn to ask who replaced scholes but i'm assuming this would be their second strongest striker now sitting in front of the defence; don't get me wrong i think woonew is a fine midfielder but...). what'd you expect, really?
Unread 3 Jan 2014, 18:49   #6
Appocomaster
PA Team

Moyes couldn't get anyone to join Man Utd because everyone knew it was a sinking ship. Tottenham had a bit more momentum. I think that another difference is actually in the chairmen - there are few clubs willing to keep managers and not fire them after a few bad results these days.

Arsenal, these days, have stuck by Wenger mainly because he's kept them in the Champions League and kept the books balanced. Everton seem pretty stable, and Liverpool reasonably so (though Roy / Kenny was a bit short). Alan Pardew has done an amazing job at Newcastle, after their previous changes (he's been in longer than the 4 previous managers (Chris Hughton counted once though he was temp manager twice and actual manager once)). Norwich and Southampton, maybe? Not sure. I think it's sad at the knee jerk reaction to ditch managers these days. I hope it changes slightly.
Unread 3 Jan 2014, 19:16   #7
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

I think the issue with Man Utd is for the first time in a while only 2-3 of their starting 11 would dislodge any of the starting 11 in the teams ahead of them.

De Gea is turning into a decent keeper ill give him that but i think really he would only get into Arsenals team ahead of their current keeper, in Hart, Cech and Mignolet you have 3 equal or better keepers.

None of Utds back 4 would get into any of the top 4's lineups. The only one close is Vidic and he is shockingly slow these days, the other teams have younger and fitter versions of him.

The midfield.... jesus! Michael 'backwards or sidewards' Carrick, Not-So-Cleverly, Ryan 'arent you dead yet?' Giggs, the Ebony and Ivory Synchorised Diving Team and Antonio 'I used to play for Wigan' Valencia!

The sheer calibre in midfield of the current top4 is MILES ahead of Utd currently.

When Lucas Leiva and Jordan Henderson are better options than what you have then you have problems... BIG PROBLEMS!

Upfront you have Fatty, Sicky, Donkey and The Little Pea (cos he is green with envy sitting on the bench with a bunch of nobodies whilst the rest play i'd presume).

Now Rooney and RVP would get in Arsenal and Chelsea's team, i think thats a given cos both of their striker issues but again Man City and Liverpool, can you see Rooney or RVP displacing Sturridge, Saurez, Augero or even Dzeko?? Thats without mentioning Jotevic or Negredo at City aswell...

In total Man Utd have too many player that have 'potential' or are 'over the hill' and none that are in their prime. They ones that are in their best years are not good enough to play for a team of Man Utds expectations and i think it will be 3-4 years before Utd challenge for the t4 again, let alone the title.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2014, 22:46   #8
Tietäjä
Good Son

about chairmen, funny yeah. pardew is the second longest serving manager as it is right, and he's working for ashley. it comes with the money, though, you know - to hit a champions league place is a win only equaled by the size of defeat getting caned to some shitty low league.

i completely agree though, as a newcastle supporter, that pardew is doing a fine job (the europa league curse aside - we just lacked depth for that last season, see swansea). fat mike gets way too much stick considering he's more or less rescued the club from freddy who did love to splash money.

what i don't really agree with is some yap about being manchester ****ing united and not being able to attract class players. come on. there's money to be paid. it was and still is a massive club supposingly playing for champions league spots. one could do far worse. like sit on a bench at chelsea only to be loaned out to some german club. or something. i really can't believe it. really, all these smallings and youngs are nothing but mediocrities and will unlikely ever be (phil jones may have some potential. i feel he's a bit of a horse though. he definitely should be stuck to center back not bloody midfield.

i cant remember why norwich sacked their pre-hughton manager but southampton did give quite a slap to adkins. granted, pochettino is so far very impressive (if you ask me). he may just have been served a very well prepared a meal (this is what also pep guardiola specializes in - sitting to the table when it's flourishing with dandy dishes. preferably in a division where you can buy your main rival's best players. not a man to shy away from a good challenge, that lad. maybe it's a latino thing).

antonio ****ing valencia. when was the last time his cross was anywhere near a friendly player? 1959? i like patrice evra though. i think evra's good. i like his way of plunging forward and putting in first time crosses. he sometimes doesnt really seem to give a **** though. maybe it's moyes.

and dude, rooney is a class player. he's playing god knows where, apart from the striker position, and he's still battling and delivering. there's only so much you can do with the shit around you. the thing is, you don't have ANYONE with the distribution. it may be obnoxious to point this out but he by far leads united's league assists at 11 and i will assume he was thereabouts last season too, par perhaps van persie. there's just zero deliverance from the midfield when you have to constantly come deep and do it yourself. it's pathetic.

he'd maybe not be a hazardesque starter but definitely make it to the first teams of any british club right now. considering liverpool has been starting sterling recently and citteh have negredos and whatnots running about. chelsea heh. torres.
Unread 3 Jan 2014, 22:48   #9
Tietäjä
Good Son

we also welcome wayne to newcastle if he ever does get bored of united. you'll get a shola ameobi in return. hell, make that both ameobis.