User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 9 Aug 2004, 22:42   #1
Blixxard
Currently Unavailable

Blixxard is an unknown quantity at this point
Planetarion Downtime

On Monday evening the Planetarion server went down, so too did the jolt web site. This is not the fault of Jolt or Planetarion. We took steps to get the game back up, however it was out of our hands - all has been done to get the Portal and Forums up. The ticker is currently down. We will review the situation on Tuesday at noon (GMT). A roll back is doubtful at this time, however everything will be taking into consideration at the review session. We hope you can enjoy the night off and get some well earnt sleep.

The credits bought for the speedround on Saturday 7th August that was unfortunately cancelled should all have been refunded.

Kind Regards
PaTeam
Blixxard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 22:48   #2
arbondigo

arbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rough
Re: Planetarion Downtime

Some things never change
arbondigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 23:10   #3
xontas

xontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbondigo
Some things never change
actualy......

this time we can wash our hands in inocents
the line went down
nothing jolt or PA can do about that, its like a downtime on your adsl line

:-)
xontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 23:46   #4
TheBerk
dazed and confused

TheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant future

boo... this is my 1 night this week that i am actually able to stay up all night and i cant get my fix

/me gibbers in the corner
Unread 9 Aug 2004, 23:52   #5
Karmulian
Get Stuffed

Karmulian is on a distinguished road

shouldn't this have been an announcement??
Karmulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 00:03   #6
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

BAH now i feel like old PA you dont know how happy i am , we just miss another 175k users and we are all set
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 00:48   #7
_o0o_
ostensibly Obscure oddity

_o0o_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Agreed with Karmulian. If this is not deserving of an announcement, then someone at least sticky the thread. There are now several threads popping up concerning this... Or is a quick post considered an announcement?
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 00:55   #8
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Aren't I great and wonderful?
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 01:22   #9
Busted
Not the band.

Busted is an unknown quantity at this point

It was said before that the dsl line just failed, but are you sure it's more not than that? A lot of speculation has been going on that Planetarion has been hacked and planets deleted. Check pilkara to see if your planet is still there. Mine is, but some other's aren't. For one, last time I checked I was ranked three thousand something, now I'm in the five hundreds.

Pilkara says there are 835 planets.
Busted is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 01:27   #10
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted
It was said before that the dsl line just failed, but are you sure it's more not than that? A lot of speculation has been going on that Planetarion has been hacked and planets deleted. Check pilkara to see if your planet is still there. Mine is, but some other's aren't. For one, last time I checked I was ranked three thousand something, now I'm in the five hundreds.

Pilkara says there are 835 planets.

Sandmans doesn't indicate a drop in planet numbers. As pilkara seems to be a later update than sandmans I imagine it was just a problem with the dump itself rather than some irreversible catastrophe with PA. I'm sure someone from pateam will be along shortly to tell us if anything serious has developed though.
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 01:48   #11
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

it was infact a problem with jolt, rather than pa. other stuff on the site died as well. therefore, if someone was hacking pa while the line was all but unusable they're quite 1337

other than that. complaining that the pateam don't communicate, and then complaining when they do is just dumb. an anouncement would possibly have been better (although, can't say i've visited the portal since it wasn't at www.pa.com) but this is still significantly better than nothing

-mist
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 03:46   #12
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

I haven't visited the portal since it was at http://metal.planetarion.com
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 05:42   #13
Cayl

Cayl has a spectacular aura aboutCayl has a spectacular aura about

When considering plans of action, consider that its in the range of 5am for the US crowd. I launched a quick little retal with no serious intention to land during my morning. I won't be able to forego sleep tonight to check on my fleet, so I guess I can just hope that all fleets are grounded or at least the downtime prevented my enemy from getting defence or recalling his own fleets in time. Of course then he'd have legitimate cause to complain as well.

Thanks
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 07:15   #14
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist
it was infact a problem with jolt, rather than pa. other stuff on the site died as well. therefore, if someone was hacking pa while the line was all but unusable they're quite 1337

other than that. complaining that the pateam don't communicate, and then complaining when they do is just dumb. an anouncement would possibly have been better (although, can't say i've visited the portal since it wasn't at www.pa.com) but this is still significantly better than nothing

-mist

the forums and portal use a linked announcement system - there would hence be an announcement if the portal server was up which would have appeared on the announcements forums here

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 09:55   #15
Elevator
Crackhead

Elevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by alch
BAH now i feel like old PA you dont know how happy i am , we just miss another 175k users and we are all set
add in Spinner, Zeus and Fudge instead of kal and whoever all you other guys are and I'll be happy!
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 10:10   #16
Brimstone
Retired PeOn

Brimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the rough

Now there's an idea to fill the times like this... an "old PA" reunion? Players that are bored can trawl the internet looking for all the old players from days gone by... Hours of entertainment, as every p0rn0, warez and generally illicit or illegal website appears in their searches.
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 10:20   #17
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevator
add in Spinner, Zeus and Fudge instead of kal and whoever all you other guys are and I'll be happy!
i love u 2

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 10 Aug 2004, 11:06   #18
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
oi, Kal is amazing

(Now give me the money you offered me for saying this Kal)
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 11:10   #19
suss

suss is an unknown quantity at this point

ANy update on the situation or some eta on when game will be up again?
suss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 11:45   #20
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Game just went up, possible roll back
Check topic in #planetarion
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 12:16   #21
Ramihyn
Emperor

Ramihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud of

Nildram->Jolt->PA

See http://status.nildram.net/ for a support ticket about a faulty core switch.
Ramihyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 12:44   #22
Brimstone
Retired PeOn

Brimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the rough

What makes me laugh, is that Nildram are advertising in the banner at the top of this page for
"Only Bullet Time matters - Get the Right bullet time for £15.99 a month. Nildram powered Jolt ADSL"

Should include: "free-downtime included, see Planetarion players for more details "
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 13:25   #23
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone
What makes me laugh, is that Nildram are advertising in the banner at the top of this page for
"Only Bullet Time matters - Get the Right bullet time for £15.99 a month. Nildram powered Jolt ADSL"

Should include: "free-downtime included, see Planetarion players for more details "
Brimstone, that is by far the biggest sign that you are funny in a long time
Keep up the good work
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 13:29   #24
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

in fairness, there's not a lot nildram can do about hardware falling over and dying. afaik the outage wasn't particularly long, and wouldn't have been during office hours. imo they did quite well

-mist
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 13:31   #25
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist
in fairness, there's not a lot nildram can do about hardware falling over and dying. afaik the outage wasn't particularly long, and wouldn't have been during office hours. imo they did quite well

-mist
indeed they did, we just has a few complications as a result :/

All is well now though, hope you all got a good nights sleep

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 10 Aug 2004, 16:05   #26
Elevator
Crackhead

Elevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
i love u 2
:P
I enjoy playing with friends, havn't been long enough on NG's irc to talk to any of the "new" ppl...
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 16:07   #27
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
:P
I enjoy playing with friends, havn't been long enough on NG's irc to talk to any of the "new" ppl...

spinner,zeus,fudge are the coolest anyway

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 10 Aug 2004, 16:20   #28
Smudge
For Crowly <3

phil^ > spinner
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 22:45   #29
Elevator
Crackhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal

Unread 10 Aug 2004, 23:54   #30
Zeus
True Gamer

Zeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the rough

ah.....memories
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 23:57   #31
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

zeus ! you must come to IRC on #PA to support the players initiative btw how are you?
Unread 11 Aug 2004, 00:04   #32
Zeus
True Gamer

Zeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by alch
zeus ! you must come to IRC on #PA to support the players initiative btw how are you?
I doing fine m8ty, thankyou for asking. Been watching your work in PA, doing great job so keep it up!!

I dont do irc anymore, no time, difficult past months due to personal reason, but always have an eye on the forums daily.
Unread 11 Aug 2004, 00:10   #33
alch
Retired

coolio. i must say that you been one of the reason im playing this game i dont know if you remember. but its always nice to remember who brought you onto this game.
Unread 11 Aug 2004, 11:32   #34
Elevator
Crackhead

good memories....
Unread 11 Aug 2004, 20:21   #35
Zeus
True Gamer

Quote:

good memories....
True...True:gollum:
Unread 11 Aug 2004, 21:27   #36
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal

quite clearly you are missing oreo fs... ever met the guy? he seriously fking pwnz
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 10:45   #37
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher
quite clearly you are missing oreo fs... ever met the guy? he seriously fking pwnz
Oreo.... WODKA!!!!!!
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 10:55   #38
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher
oops, I allways forget someone

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 12 Aug 2004, 11:08   #39
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
oops, I allways forget someone
and me!!
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 15:14   #40
Elevator
Crackhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus
True...True:gollum:
Want to say: "Come back to PA..." but..no. Hope things are working out for you!
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 15:17   #41
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

oreo is around
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 16:57   #42
Brimstone
Retired PeOn

Heya Zeus. Would i be right in saying that at some point you joined IPC before you disappeared into the depths of real life?
If not someone else was lurking around under your name a few rounds ago...

As some side notes:

-Wasn't Goldeneye someone important at some point? If so he was cool, played in a gal with him once, great fun.

-Though i do miss the "old days" and always will do, (if anything cos life was simple then... School, come home, Forget homework, play PA, compared to now, work work work.) but the current PATeam are doing a damn fine job, and things have not been easy for them, but PA is still here, and thats what matters.
Unread 12 Aug 2004, 17:06   #43
Zeus
True Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone
Heya Zeus. Would i be right in saying that at some point you joined IPC before you disappeared into the depths of real life?
If not someone else was lurking around under your name a few rounds ago...

As some side notes:

-Wasn't Goldeneye someone important at some point? If so he was cool, played in a gal with him once, great fun.

-Though i do miss the "old days" and always will do, (if anything cos life was simple then... School, come home, Forget homework, play PA, compared to now, work work work.) but the current PATeam are doing a damn fine job, and things have not been easy for them, but PA is still here, and thats what matters.
Yes on the IPC, was me.
Goldeneye was pateam and a very good guy.
current pateam are doing a damn fine job as they always do!
Unread 13 Aug 2004, 18:19   #44
Ice-Lady
Pandoras Box of filth

Ice-Lady has a spectacular aura aboutIce-Lady has a spectacular aura aboutIce-Lady has a spectacular aura about

Thank you Zeus!

Ice-Lady is offline   Reply With Quote