User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 8 Nov 2017, 14:52   #1
Cowkimon

Cowkimon has a spectacular aura aboutCowkimon has a spectacular aura aboutCowkimon has a spectacular aura about
Attack 4.6.7 LT 456. Get Confused sometimes? New Co-ordinate System

Slightly tongue and cheek suggestion...

Planet co-ordinates and ticks are (mainly) both 3 digit numbers. What are your thoughts on changing these so they don't match, for instance lettering clusters/galaxies so 4.6.7 becomes DF7?

Have you ever launched at the wrong target because you put the landing tick into the co-ordinates box? My short term memory is really bad sometimes and it has happened to me numerous times. Most times I correct it straight away. My alliance buddy and I were supposed to land tick 619 and instead he launched at planet 6.1.9 and almost crashed his fleet, with 10 minutes to spare. I pre-launched, woke up and found I had no wingman and assumed he'd decided to go solo at this other guy in a different alliance who would've killed his fleet hard. Just finished laughing about it, will try again with him next time lol.

Would be great to hear your thoughts and stories of people doing the same. Have people crashed hard due to this before?

Best wishes,
Cowkimon

Last edited by Cowkimon; 8 Nov 2017 at 15:00.
Cowkimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2017, 16:44   #2
Hiall

Hiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to beholdHiall is a splendid one to behold
Re: Attack 4.6.7 LT 456. Get Confused sometimes? New Co-ordinate System

Reason not to launch at 4.6.7 methinks.
Hiall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2017, 16:44   #3
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

any reason for 4 6 7 ? those co-ords are dear to me
Unread 8 Nov 2017, 17:40   #4
Cowkimon

Cowkimon has a spectacular aura aboutCowkimon has a spectacular aura aboutCowkimon has a spectacular aura about

No reason and no need to get defensive. If anyone is trying to land that planet on tick 456 I will be impressed
Cowkimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2017, 05:05   #5
Devlin

Devlin has a spectacular aura aboutDevlin has a spectacular aura aboutDevlin has a spectacular aura about

I propose that we instead number ticks in hexadecimal format, so tick 467 becomes tick 0x1D3.
Devlin is offline   Reply With Quote