User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 29 Apr 2005, 10:59   #1
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold
End of round fun...

Okay last night i drunk 1 litre of red bull before i went to bed last night for some nice dreams (trust me it works once u fall asleep - also two serving of metlted cheese toast and tomatoes always gives nice dream ) and in the resulting moment of clarity around 3am it came to me. Whats missing from new style pa is the big old battles from days of old, due to the number of players these days and the new stats.
What i propose is to add some fun into the end of round by having one last big old battle. How we achieve this? well we could take it that the official end of round rankingsare taken at like 15 ticks from true end of round. Then we get every planet with an even number to defend say the number 1 planet and everyone on an odd planet number to attack thge number 1 planet. ( we could maybe use the highest valued non tagged planet as target so that all alliances can attack defend etc.
What would this achieve? well say the avergage pa planet has 20k fleet , and therre ere 3k planets. That would give a battle with 60 million ships ffs !!! cmon admit it u know you would love to see the result. Ofc all alliances would have to agree before hand and agree that ranks at tick -15 etc are final. But i think of the memories of looking back one day and saying yes i was involved in the biggest battle in pa ever ....

*edit* maybe its the redbull talking
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 11:00   #2
Goatsemaster
Just like science!

Goatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of light
Re: End of round fun...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa
*edit* maybe its the redbull talking
No, I think you're just an idiot.
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 11:10   #3
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

i think you are in need of a slice... not too brown , just golden bubbly and maybe a wee splash of worcester sauce on top
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2005, 11:22   #4
Squishy
Lost

Squishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond repute

This idea is a bit silly imo

Thats what we have havoc for.

And iirc the top planet will get a hell of a lot of incoming any way. So why not just play the normal round and u and your buddys can arrange massive attacks during havoc.

This ot me seems a much more logical decision.
Unread 30 Apr 2005, 13:11   #5
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

how about a different havoc: races at war ! you can't attack someone from your own race, only the other 3. You get -1 eta when you defend your race, you can't def the other 3... see who wins (attacks ingal allowed ofc, normal ally canceled)
Unread 30 Apr 2005, 13:42   #6
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Zik for the win then.
Unread 30 Apr 2005, 13:53   #7
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Zik are pretty heavily outnumbered.
If Xans, Cats and Terrans decide to team on Zik as they are strongest then Zik is dead
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2005, 20:58   #8
max_vix
ViX

max_vix is infamous around these partsmax_vix is infamous around these partsmax_vix is infamous around these partsmax_vix is infamous around these partsmax_vix is infamous around these partsmax_vix is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
then Zik is dead
Unread 1 May 2005, 10:56   #9
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

i like the sound of a race war :O
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2005, 15:26   #10
Loz
Careless talk costs lives

Loz has a spectacular aura aboutLoz has a spectacular aura aboutLoz has a spectacular aura about

I can't see that being forced to attack someone at the end of my roud will be "fun".
[19:13] <Keglomaniac> whats wrong with our intel?
[19:13] <bos|takeaway> its a contradiction in terms
Loz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2005, 17:37   #11
Rocko

Rocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of light

ok, change it into FOUR gals, one with each race in :P
1 week, see who comes out on top,.
Unread 3 May 2005, 17:49   #12
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko
ok, change it into FOUR gals, one with each race in :P
1 week, see who comes out on top,.
the Zik gal will initially get owned, as their ships fire after roid loss, but once they reach a certain critical mass they will just kill everything in their path, grow from it, and then steal full cap :\.

Sounds alot like the round in microcosm.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote