User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 Apr 2005, 18:01   #1
Le Mauvais Moine

Le Mauvais Moine is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Why this game s***s !

From time to time, for nostalgic reasons, i browse the PA pages. Since I am in between two jobs atm and have some holidays left i thought i might give it a try a gain and signed up a (free) account.

I am not even out of protection mode, yet and already have spotted some obvious roid farming going on in my gal. Seems nothing has changed !

Just out of curiosity: do you still have to delivery tons of scans to prove your case ? If so i can't be
bothered to report some planets. Maybe in years or so i'll sign up an account again if PA still exists, then ..
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 18:10   #2
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Why this game s***s !

Depends where you land really.. if you get stuck in a gal full of inactives then that will happen.

i had 9 waves on me today yet they where so farming :/
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 18:12   #3
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

if u think people are cheating please do report it so action can be taken, however it is only famring if the person is willingly giving up his roids. could it nto be that you are just in a galaxy that is inactive and gets roided lots.

please poke an op in #multihunters or #support or email [email protected] to report cheating

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 20:38   #4
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

lol funny thread

At the moment all everyone is doing is involuntarily swapping roids constantly.

So i think you are just seeing a galaxy getting roided because there easy.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 21:30   #5
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02
At the moment all everyone is doing is involuntarily swapping roids constantly.
I blame jessie and his damn stats. Its bloody impossible to stop stuff, due to pod armor (And I know that was what you were aiming for, heh)

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
TheRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 21:33   #6
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

i agree. getting roids is not really a challenge but really keeping them is pain

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 21:44   #7
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRat
I blame jessie and his damn stats. Its bloody impossible to stop stuff, due to pod armor (And I know that was what you were aiming for, heh)
Yeah but doesnt it make it exciting its nice to see the wars but it will soon slow down as everyones hypergates are finished and everyone but the xp whores are building anti this and that.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2005, 21:48   #8
Lunar_Lamp
Server Manager

Lunar_Lamp is a glorious beacon of lightLunar_Lamp is a glorious beacon of lightLunar_Lamp is a glorious beacon of lightLunar_Lamp is a glorious beacon of lightLunar_Lamp is a glorious beacon of lightLunar_Lamp is a glorious beacon of light

But no, you do not need to have proof to inform the multihunters. We have very effective tools to investigate planets that you are suspicious of, so we welcome tip-offs to point us in the right direction!
Unread 14 Apr 2005, 15:45   #9
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRat

I quite like it so far

Even if Leviathans are bloody difficult to stop :/
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2005, 15:50   #10
Rocko

Rocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of light

us terrens have to have SOME advantage !!
Rocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2005, 17:02   #11
xontas

xontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the rough

we do actively scan for cheaters in out game!
but we cant see everything
so any input is more then welcome

you can drop in at any time in #support or #multihunters and PM the details (even if i am offline it will be stored)
and i will take a crack @ proving the case

we do need to be able to proof the cheating or we cant close
some people insist we close people based on there feeling the person is cheating
thats not enough
xontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2005, 20:38   #12
Le Mauvais Moine

Le Mauvais Moine is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_horn
if that is the reason he thinks he's witnessing farming then he's inadvertantly pointed out the real problem....
which is the huge lack of casual players.....
the few that there are get roided every 5 seconds with their unplayable account....
I don't see why non payed members aren't simply given the same abilitys as payed members (as in no restrictions) except that they aren't allowed to join an ingame alliance and therefore get the -1 tick eta.
Surely this would result in more casual gamers coming back and therefore making the game FAR more enjoyable for everyone (remember the old rounds!)....
I know at first it seems like you're giving to much to free accounts, but why does it matter ?
gamers that pay for their accounts now wouldn't go back to a free account as the -1 tick eta is worth it alone........ then you could have far more casual gamers introduced into the game. The game would be more playable for them and there would be more targets for the hardcore gamers resulting in less bashing of the poor *****'s......
Maybe then new players will stay long enough to get to know the game and maybe a round or two down the road start using IRC, find out about alliances and upgrade their account......... as opposed to the alternative of signing up and getting roided 24/7 the minute your protection is up and just quitting..
At the moment PA is like a little colony of inbred bastards with no new blood coming in, except for the odd cousin coming over to visit who everyone really wants to ****.
The problem there just isn't enough small fry for the big fish.
I have played the game hardcore for quite some rounds. And i admit that it's a new experience for me to be a s**t gal with hardly every someone online. Nevertheless once a planet gets regular incoming and you see a pattern of roid initiation right before the attackers land i'd still qualify this as farming. Sure you can legaly argue that this guy may be a newb and actually doesn't give up his roids willingly but due to lack of knowledge.

My experience from past rounds only was that PA-Team sometimes was very open to this type of argumentation which was very frustrating for dedicated anti-cheating people (like Chax or Xtothez for instance). Remember Rabagast the wp HC and the ship farming discussion ? I think it took weeks untill he was finally closed. Or another weirdo in my round 5 cluster who seriously debated him being owner of a company ordering all his 10 or so employes to accompany his fleets at insane night times. Sonnenbomber, when he left, openly admitted on the Forums, that during all the rounds that he played he had multiied. In other games you're thrown out instantly for such acts, no discussion - and - you'll never be back.

Maybe times have changed and cheater hunting is more efficient and effective now, but the comment of the multi-hunter in here suggested that still, when there's a shadow of a doubt, you won't get closed.

Concerning your suggestion regarding playabilty of free accounts i fully agree. Although giving newbs, i.e. free planets the means to compete may not be enough to lead them into the game or likewise allowing for an enjoing game experience by a casual player. I remember when in round 3 when i joined as a newb midway through the round. You were able to actually play the game as a beginner, the universe being so vast. You could meet people on irc, develop trust for them, help them out , get defended - all was quite more relaxed.

Probably from round 5 onwards playing casually was like a goldfish swimming in a pool of sharks. Or maybe to stretch this picture: Some sharks in one edge, a bunch of piranha in another one an you in between. Masochists would be a perfect customer base ..

Last edited by Le Mauvais Moine; 14 Apr 2005 at 20:48.
Le Mauvais Moine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Apr 2005, 00:30   #13
Fakhiri

Fakhiri is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Why this game s***s !

There are no rules in war and neither should it be in this game.

Multis, great!
Farming, great!
Ship swapping, great!
Enormous battles, great!
Roiding, great!
Having fun, great!!

Use the possibilites there is! Lie, steal, fight! Have fun!

As it is now, everyone is looking for violators of the rules. Wondering, hmmm, can he be a farm...hmmm, can that be a multi.. idiots! Play the f***ing game, anyway you want.
Back in the old days, all my office buddies use to play PA together. We attacked together, defended together had a lot of laughs. Now we cant. We are behind the same firewall and have the same IP. If we try, WHAM!, were hit in the back of the head wit the rules and branded as cheaters. This was the essence of PA in the early days... anarchy... more or less anyway, and it was great!

Having to pay for the game may have been a huge nail in the coffin (although i have no problem paying for a game as great as PA (was) ) (you cheap bastards! :-) ). However these rules, and they are getting tighter every round, is killing PA off.

There are enough rules in life. PA should have NO rules! As long as you pay for your account you can do whatever you want with it. I bet Jolt is just looking for a reason to shut PA down for good... and maybe its for the best... for the mental health of everyone involved!