User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 21:30   #1
Rocko

Rocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of light
[Approved] BC needs more access

TSP said it better then i can,...
<TSP> well, you get just a general "This planet contains allied planets ..." message when you view a gal with a member in it
<TSP> when a BC views a gal they see an A by the names of all planets in F-Crew
<TSP> but if somebody is a recruit in F-Crew but not a full member they won't have an A, but the "... allied planets ..." message will appear

BC's should be able to see people who arn't full members yet,.. either as a smaller letter 'a' or a message at the bottom saying there are people there who are still a part of the alliance.

(and before someone starts, i would have checked our bot, but since the ticks have stopped, wakeys off playing with it, but i shouldnt have to check OUR bot, to see if theres allied members in there,.. i'd be better off searching for targets WITHOUT BC status)
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 21:43   #2
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
Re: BC needs more access

its on the todo list to happen at some point

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 21:49   #3
Rocko

Rocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of light

,... splendid,.... way to burst my rant kal,... couldn't u have waited a little while before giving me the good news,...
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 22:14   #4
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

It was on the todo list at the start of last round Kal and you said it would be in this round. Surely its not more than what 20 lines of code max to put an R next to recruits and turn the ask HC message on for members

Someone on the coding team must have been able to spend 30 mins coding this in the development time
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 22:26   #5
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

there are things on the todo list that have been their for several rounds.

This is simply not a priority feature

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 25 Jul 2005, 22:40   #6
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal

The amount of help it can give to smaller alliances and players in these alliances for the time needed to implement it should make it a higher priority than it is. One of the hardest things for an alliance is getting the tools in place, you require a techie and the resources to host these tools and these people can be difficult to find and the resources can be expensive for the alliance to obtain, the better the tools PA offers the easier it makes for alliances to take the first step while they work towards getting their own tools
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 22:58   #7
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Of course, I know nothing about PA's coding or db structure but tbh I would have thought its about 30 characters worth of work.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"

Last edited by The Real Arfy; 25 Jul 2005 at 23:09.
Unread 25 Jul 2005, 23:00   #8
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice

shouldn't be that much code actually

this is roughly what needs to be added to the display method

Code:
if(memeber.status=="recruit")
     echo("R");
else
     echo("A");
wheres the problem

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 14:24   #9
Rocko

maybe for a day, some of these less priority things could be delt with,.. thus improving the quality of the game in small ways,....
without knowing your todo list, i don't know,.. would it ruin PA forever, if even half a day was spent on some of these lesser priority things??
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 20:37   #10
Kal
Inactive peon

u think we have half a day of coding time?

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 26 Jul 2005, 20:47   #11
Kal
Inactive peon

i've moved this to the "to for next round if possible list"

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 26 Jul 2005, 21:48   #12
Doorsdown

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
while thats great would it not be hard to implement that i did in the display method. you have to have the access level stored some where so just checking that would be simple. and while your not going to give the code away anytime soon this is a good example of how pa could have some of its players fix some of these small issuse by writing some code that pish only has to implement.

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Unread 26 Jul 2005, 23:04   #13
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
aka "we will never do it" ?
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 04:06   #14
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

To be honest Kal, it would have taken a coder as long to fix as you spent on switching it from one list to another.

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 08:59   #15
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

why are you all surprised at the passive "positivity" shown here
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 11:35   #16
Rocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorsdown
while thats great would it not be hard to implement that i did in the display method. you have to have the access level stored some where so just checking that would be simple. and while your not going to give the code away anytime soon this is a good example of how pa could have some of its players fix some of these small issuse by writing some code that pish only has to implement.
sounds like a good idea to me,... thus it isn't half a day of coding, it's half a day of checking a code and then putting it in,... and since i don't know whats more important,.. yes i do think you have half a day to do some of these smaller things,..
what's so important at the mo that it's taking all the attention of the coders most of the time???
(sorry for my lack of knowledge on the subject of coding, and what you have to code at the moment,.. i'm just asking)
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 14:42   #17
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

Whoever spends half a day coding this feature should be shot on sight.

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 15:12   #18
Doorsdown

they could get tons of little issuse like this done in half a day

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 16:54   #19
berzerker
Professional AlcoFrolic

berzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal

Just being curious, but what else is on this list?
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 18:40   #20
wakey
Hamster

Remove the negative ship bug is probally on the "Todo if time permits" list. But then thats been on there since about r2 and the perm fix never appears, just the mid round fix thats removed when the new codes rolled out
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 27 Jul 2005, 19:14   #21
Kal
Inactive peon

todo list had 4 levels

priority 1 is immediate issues that must be either a) fixed before a round can start or b) fixed during the current round as they are critival

priority 2 are the things we would like in the next round

priority 3 are the things that will happen for the enxt round if everything magically goes right

priority 4 are the things that might happen one day if we stop finding problems with old code or get some major investment

the discussed feature is currently priority 2, it was previously priority 3.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 28 Jul 2005, 10:13   #22
Rocko

so im assuming you have some critical coding that the coders are doing at the moment??
Unread 28 Jul 2005, 11:11   #23
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko
so im assuming you have some critical coding that the coders are doing at the moment??
Fleets page springs to mind...
Unread 28 Jul 2005, 11:19   #24
Rocko

thought that was sorted now,... ahh well,.. as i said before, i don't know anything about coding, or how long coding takes, etc,