User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 21 Apr 2005, 14:10   #1
madman2k30III

madman2k30III can only hope to improve
[Declined] scrapping ships

what about if you cud sell your ships for scrap if your a zik? i know there are a few ships atm that i just send out in suicide missions just to get rid of, especially the assassin cos once u stole better ships than that they become obsolete, waste of resourses that no1 wants. this idea cud proberly be implemented by selling the ships to the universe fund for 1/3 of the value of the ships. please tell me wat u think.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[F-Crew]
You know when you've been [FC]ucked

Unread 21 Apr 2005, 14:20   #2
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: scrapping ships

Well lets see

- Scrap some fleets
- Value goes down
- XP for your tragets becomes greater
- Your score would increase faster

Its too abusable so is a bad idea.
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
Unread 21 Apr 2005, 14:23   #3
Rocko

Rocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of light

errmm,.. personaly (and im terren and we hate to loose any ship) i dont see why u suicide them, wouldnt it be better to keep them for the added value and score u get,.... ? even if it is a little bit, it can add up, and it's extra deffence at home when your out attacking,.. those few ships might very well only kill a couple of ships, but that cud save a few roids.

As for the idea about selling them for scrap,.. that could work,.. or how about upgrades? you spend more reousrces on them, to upgrade them to different ships,..
Unread 21 Apr 2005, 15:00   #4
WesseH
Big-shot in my own mind.

WesseH is on a distinguished road

im gonna go with the high abuse factor of this idea... or.. concur with Wakey...

say i got 5000 assassins that r "obsolete" in my opinion.. 5000 assassins give a nice bit of value still...

i go out attacking someone of my value size and find myself UNDEFENDED at eta 4

what do i do?

i sell any ship i feel i dont need... and i get a buttload more XP than i would originally have gained from that same target.. added to that.. i all-of-a-sudden got a bunch of resources to fend off any possible retalliations that my assassins dont defend me from...
its a 2-way abusable advantage... and i dont see why this would be for ziks either... if it is implemented it should be implemented for every race...

an option to 'sell the ships u stole' might be applicable though... however it would be an arrangement between you and the person u steal the ships from, u could for example opt to have them pay 50% of the stolen ships value in resources and in exchange they get their ships back (1 tick later)

this option is a lot less likely to be abused since the stolen ships that r sold back to its original owner can not be applied in battle and can not be 'sold quickly to make higher profit from ongoing attacks' either...

however... i must say.. i find the idea repulsive... selling ships just creates to much hassle... and if u dont want ur assassins anymore later on.. then DONT BUILD EM EARLY ON.... lots easier... imho..
Unread 21 Apr 2005, 15:28   #5
Goafer LX

Goafer LX has a little shameless behaviour in the past

i feel that there are a FEW to many ideas for Ziks been thrown around, soon enough they will be ablke t o do ANYTHING
fair enough, nice idea, but if this is too be implemented (which i dont think it should be), why not have it for any race... i mean u could say from a terran point of view, once u have pegasus, why do u need harpies??

[INS]Goafer
Unread 21 Apr 2005, 16:54   #6
Rocko

Rocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of light

(see thread on upgrading for my thoughts)

Last edited by Rocko; 21 Apr 2005 at 17:45.
Unread 21 Apr 2005, 18:10   #7
madman2k30III

madman2k30III can only hope to improve

i used the zik as a example as i am a zik player at the moment and we know how rubbish the non stealer ships actually are. but here is a few ideas on how it could be implemented for all races.

how to implement it:

1. quote from starter post"this idea cud proberly be implemented by selling the ships to the universe fund for 1/3" or even the gal fund.

2. you lose 50- 75% xp gained from the stolen ships.

3. scrapping credits. i.e every tick u get 20 credits and it costs 25 credits to scrap a ship. so every 5 ticks u can scrap 4 ships. (this value can be adjusted to what seems fairer)

4. donating unwanted ships to the gal fund and getting 10% value back (once u donated to the fund u cant get ships donated to players for 72 ticks)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[F-Crew]
You know when you've been [FC]ucked

Unread 10 Jun 2005, 12:43   #8
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

declined for wakey's reasons

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Closed Thread