User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 10 Dec 2003, 14:45   #1
Jennifer
Destroyer of Worlds

Jennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet society
Odds are in my favour now...

...if I get attacked by two unarmed assailants of my own size.

The Jitsu Foundation estimates that the average green belt more often than not will be able to dispatch two unarmed assailants of their own size.

Presumably this is tested by telling Dans to attack poor innocent green belts. Uh oh...

I just got my green belt.

Fear me.
“In spite of the roaring of the young lions at the Union, and the screaming of the rabbits in the home of the vivisect, in spite of Keble College, and the tramways, and the sporting prints, Oxford still remains the most beautiful thing in England, and nowhere else are life and art so exquisitely blended, so perfectly made one.”
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 14:52   #2
I'm Not Grimble
dennaB

I'm Not Grimble is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Odds are in my favour now...

I just bought a knife
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 14:58   #3
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I just got a bat.
Hey Grimble( ), let's go rob some kids!
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 14:59   #4
I'm Not Grimble
dennaB

That's the holiday spirit Snurx

Unread 10 Dec 2003, 15:07   #5
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Small people tend not to mug others.
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 15:09   #6
Super
Sub

Super is a jewel in the roughSuper is a jewel in the roughSuper is a jewel in the rough

What if one is armed and one isn't?
Super is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 15:11   #7
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

Size should make no difference, they could both/all be dispatched if you have the skill.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 15:14   #8
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super
What if one is armed and one isn't?

What?

Are you asking if someone lost their arms in a horrific motorcycle accident or something and then turned to a life of crime trying to mug people would they be of any use?

You have a sick mind.

[/obvious shitty "joke"]
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 15:15   #9
Work_Child
Banned

Work_Child is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm making a mail shirt, instant stab proof-ness.
Work_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 15:16   #10
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

no if I stab you in your face it isnt.
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 15:19   #11
I'm Not Grimble
dennaB

with your penis?
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 15:20   #12
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I want a penis-stab
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 15:21   #13
I'm Not Grimble
dennaB

Ask Santa for one for x-mas
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 16:18   #14
Jennifer
Destroyer of Worlds

Jennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet society

I don't do multiple armed attackers until about purple belt, I think...
And the weapons won't be sharps until about blue belt.
But the longer I train the better my chances...
“In spite of the roaring of the young lions at the Union, and the screaming of the rabbits in the home of the vivisect, in spite of Keble College, and the tramways, and the sporting prints, Oxford still remains the most beautiful thing in England, and nowhere else are life and art so exquisitely blended, so perfectly made one.”
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 16:24   #15
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

what about the chances of you ACTUALLY being attacked in the first place?

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 16:59   #16
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer

The Jitsu Foundation estimates that the average green belt more often than not will be able to dispatch two unarmed assailants of their own size.

Presumably this is tested by telling Dans to attack poor innocent green belts. Uh oh...

Fear me.

Come back when they've taught you to dodge bullets matrix style
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 17:02   #17
Super
Sub

Super is a jewel in the roughSuper is a jewel in the roughSuper is a jewel in the rough

What about a weapon that could be sharp in certain circumstances, like paper?
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 17:05   #18
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super
What about a weapon that could be sharp in certain circumstances, like paper?

Or if you had a really heavy A4 pad you could hurl it at someone and then it would count as a weapon.
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 17:44   #19
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

almost anything can be made into a weapon.

i got into trouble a few years back when i was at the Capitol, in washington.

i was explaining to my friend how theme parks inadvertently give you weapons when they give you brochures - just roll up the brocure into a nice solid cylinder and thrust it at someones neck. enough force in the right place is enough to do severe damage, and may result in fatality.

unfortunately i did not realise, that there was a guard behind me, and at the same time it was the anniversary of some american politicians murder.

I explained to him i had learnt it in shaolin, and that the only reason i was telling my friend, was that i believed that people don't take enough consideration into what can be made into a weapon.

for a trained person, or even those with meagre knowledge can know how to make the most simple everyday things into weapons.

stupid yanks

Zar
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 17:52   #20
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

your friend didn't look like edward norton did he zar? has he ever commented on you being the most interesting single serving friend he has ever had?

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 17:55   #21
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

oh n congrats jenny. you will be a honed killer before you know it

Unread 10 Dec 2003, 18:00   #22
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Edward
your friend didn't look like edward norton did he zar? has he ever commented on you being the most interesting single serving friend he has ever had?
no he didn't radical

do explain the joke/humour behind this - because i don't get it??!!

Zar
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 18:01   #23
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
no he didn't radical

do explain the joke/humour behind this - because i don't get it??!!

Zar
loose fight club link, turning simple household items/everyday things into deadly weapons.

Unread 10 Dec 2003, 18:03   #24
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Edward
loose fight club link, turning simple household items/everyday things into deadly weapons.
heh - ok i c now.

na he was just a school friend

Zar
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 18:10   #25
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I know people like you Zar, who explain to me how they could kill me in certain ways.

I have a big plethora of excuses to get away from talking to people like you. Needing the loo usually suffices.

Normal Conversation > *
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 18:12   #26
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I know people like you Zar, who explain to me how they could kill me in certain ways.

I have a big plethora of excuses to get away from talking to people like you. Needing the loo usually suffices.

Normal Conversation > *
i'm not like those people you talk about (i think). although i do know many ways to kill people yada yada, i only talk about it to show the stupidity of our society.

i dont talk about it like some gung ho freaks who do it because it makes them think they look "hard and cool".

Zar
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 18:13   #27
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
i'm not like those people you talk about (i think). although i do know many ways to kill people yada yada, i only talk about it to show the stupidity of our society.

i dont talk about it like some gung ho freaks who do it because it makes them think they look "hard and cool".

Zar

You should post on AD more
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 18:16   #28
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer

Fear me.
What if the two men each weighed 350 Pounds?
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 18:19   #29
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar

Zar

Ahh ok.
I was going to come back and apologise as I realised my post might have been a little offensive to some people.
Christmas spirit <3
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 18:36   #30
CrashTester
I am an idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid00
What if the two men each weighed 350 Pounds?

At the very least as green belt she should be able to remove the grip from each man and run. A more experienced combatant would not only remove the grip of them both but also put one or both of them to ground with injury.
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 18:37   #31
Tomkat

Cowering on the ground screaming like a girl while they leave in disgust is the best way out of a fight.
Unread 10 Dec 2003, 18:49   #32
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of

Im pretty sure that jiujisti, due to its clinging and "getting down on tha floor" way of fight, is crap when faced with multiple attackers.
I´d rather go karate or kung fu, more aimed at avoiding close combat
Baron Morte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 00:19   #33
Super
Sub

What if it was two sets of incredibly strong siamese twins?

What about two people who are black belts?
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 01:12   #34
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

I once knew a girl who came 3rd in the National Judo (I believe) championships, she was about half my size and weight, and I boasted often about how I could 'kick her ass, yo'

Once day I challenged her to throw me over her shoulder like you see in all those films.

When I look back, it wasnt really a mistake as a learnt a lot from it, like what it feels like to land arse first on a solid desk having just been thrown halfway accross the room by a bint half your size.

Unread 11 Dec 2003, 01:31   #35
G_frog
Look over there!

G_frog is an unknown quantity at this point

I suppose I'll just have to hire three goons then.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 09:47   #36
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Jenny for AD Mod!

She can handle herself among the big boys now
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 09:54   #37
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Idler for GD mod!

I got "exellent" in army close combat!

also, this pedicularis silvatica I hold in my hand looks eatable
I am Idler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 10:10   #38
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

This thread interest me a lot as well does an inferior martial art and an attention whoring forum poster with a god complex
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 10:19   #39
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

thank you for pointing that out.

I am waiting for god to go on vacation
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 10:25   #40
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
an attention whoring forum poster with a god complex
Jenny or Idler?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 10:37   #41
I am Idler
This is bat country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Jenny or Idler?
Must be Jenny, I get all the attention I need at work
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 11:02   #42
CrashTester
I am an idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
Must be Jenny, I get all the attention I need at work

screw up a lot, huh?
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 11:03   #43
I am Idler
This is bat country

No, everyone comes to me (God) for help
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 17:21   #44
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
thats pretty coal
You're talking gibberish, I guess you still haven't got over the death of Rod Hull...
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 00:43   #45
Jennifer
Destroyer of Worlds

No, I'm not American.

And I only got it in my grade category. I have to train for about 20 more years before I stand a chance of winning the open (browns and Dans).
The competition consisted only of controlled attacks from one person at a time. The competition comes in 2 parts: the 'gaunlet' and 'V'. A gauntlet is a 2 lines of people, and you walk down the middle. Anyone (for my grade, only those who aren't directly behind you) can attack, with an attack appropriate to the grade (eg. body/gi grabs, punches, kicks, knife attacks, bottle attacks, cosh (big stick) attacks, bokken (wooden sword - no sharps at the nats) attacks, chain attacks, broken bottle attacks, etc) you have to kick their arse in style, and disarm them, not necessarily in that order. It's one attack at a time, and you can control the pace, so you're judged on your technical skill. A 'V' is a whole other kettle of fish. You get two lines of people, in a V shape. A Dan stand at the point of the V, and you stand about 2 or 3 metres from the point of the V. When they give the word (hajime, or yoshi), the dan sends people as fast as, or faster than, (s)he thinks you can deal with them. You have to do exactly when you do in the gauntlet, but efficiency is a major factor rather than technical precision, and it's always vital that you don't get brained by any of the attacks.
I won mainly on my technical precision and kick-arse-ness in my gauntlet, as my V kind of sucked compared to normal cos I got kicked in the head when uke-ing (receiving the technique, ie: being the attacker).

This two people thing is if they are untrained. If they were black belts in any respectable style then I'd get beaten up pretty fast. This whole idea with what you can deal with works like this:
If you had a twin, and you had a fight, having had no training, the odds of winning are around 50-50. Now, if you start training in jitsu, after a few months you might find the odds are more like 55-45 in your favour. As time passes, and you train, you improve your odds. No one is saying that if my 2nd dan instructor who has been training for over 15 years were to be attacked he'd always win, cos he wouldn't. But the vast majority of the time, whoever attacked him would *really* wish they hadn't.

And as for multiple attackers and the karate kung fu thing: the only time we intentionally take people to the floor is if were faced with a boxer, because they're just too quick on their feet to take them standing up. Gracie jitsu and judo have a hell of a lot of ground work, and we do learn it, but most of what we do is in the spirit of 'someone starts a fight, you finish it, game over'. If you're facing multiple attackers the most vital thing is being able to dispatch them quickly so you can deal with the others. You certainly wouldn't take them to the ground. I don't claim to know a huge amount of karate, but in what little experience I have, it tends to lend itself to extended bouts of sparring, so unless you plan for a swift strike to the larynx (which will land you in court), I'd go with jitsu any day.
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 08:04   #46
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The problem is that the kind of people who go around starting fights regularly arent likely to be 'untrained', as they have probably had a lot of previous fighting experience (albeit not in any particular martial art). Normal people generally dont just randomly decide to go out and start fights - the kind of people who are likely to do this have normally done it before several times. Someone who both studied a martial art (even to not a particularly advanced level) and also got into a lot of streetfights would probably be able to pwn 99% of people, but given a straight confontation between someone who engaged in real fights a lot, and someone who had studied a martial art for X years but had never (or rarely) applied techniques outside of a safe and controlled environment, I know who my money would be on every time. Most humans simply cant context switch like that - skills arent instantly transferable between 2 completely different environments without quite a bit of experience. Yeah, the fact youve played quake for 5 years and are in a division 1 clan means youre likely to become good at unreal tournament very quickly, but youre still going to get raped in your first couple of games even if your opponent has only been playing it a few months and has never played any other FPS games. Context switching takes time and lots of experience.

Last edited by Nodrog; 12 Dec 2003 at 08:13.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 08:12   #47
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Also, most people who start fights tend to carry some kind of weapon and/or have their friends with them.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 11:50   #48
Jennifer
Destroyer of Worlds

I've heard from Dans who have been in fights, and actually most of the time it's drunk people in bars and clubs. Yes, occasionally, you'll get someone who can throw a good punch (or kick) and you'll get someone else (or Peter Farrah) who'll deal with them (o soto otoshi them) despite being less experienced of fight outside of the dojo (or holding a portion of fish and chips in each hand) and them go on about their merry way afterwards (get o soto otoshi renamed to fish and chips throw). If someone has martial arts experience, if they're THAT good, they'll have respect for their art and not use it to beat the crap out of people. Assuming they don't, they're less likely to pick a fight with someone who looks like a difficult target. An air of confidence is sometimes all you need to avoid a fight. Like I said, it's not about knowing you're always going to win, it's about improving your odds, and when faced with a couple of freakshows trying to drag me into a dark alley, I'd sooner know how to deal with that sort of situation than not.