User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 23 Jan 2003, 07:07   #1
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Network Query

Is it possible for me to deny access to hdd's on one machine from the other(s) on the network?

Sorry if this is too obvious i'm new to networking.
Unread 23 Jan 2003, 10:06   #2
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Yes.

Although it helps if you tell us which OS you're running, etc.
Unread 23 Jan 2003, 11:11   #3
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by xtothez
Yes.

Although it helps if you tell us which OS you're running, etc.
I'm gonna live dangerously and guess

1. Right click on the drive you don't want to share.
2. Select 'Sharing'.
3. 'Not Shared'.
4. 'Ok'.

That's NT4 and it's not too different in the other versions (as far as I remember, Win95 was a loooong time ago now).
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2003, 11:16   #4
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
As far as I'm aware, by default nothing is shared anyway. So only share what you want, and grant the relevant permissions where neccessary.

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2003, 11:22   #5
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Mong
As far as I'm aware, by default nothing is shared anyway. So only share what you want, and grant the relevant permissions where neccessary.

M.
With the exception of admin shares on NT5 (c$, d$, etc). But thats admin login only of course.
Unread 23 Jan 2003, 11:29   #6
sh@dow

sh@dow is an unknown quantity at this point
the only folder that was shared by default on my computer was shareddocs, which is a rather unimportant folder with nothing in it to start with. You can see whats shared in network neighbourhood

- Q
sh@dow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2003, 23:47   #7
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Ah, nice one. Thanks for that.

It was just a general query, i havent set the thing up yet/
Unread 24 Jan 2003, 00:13   #8
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
If you want to get all fancy you can set up user-level access, so you can allow specific users and disallow others.
However, I know how to set which users can access stuff (requires NT/2k/XP) but I don't know how to do a client logon. One of those things I never got round to playing with.