User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 27 Oct 2003, 13:00   #1
Darkness
NoS forever

Darkness is an unknown quantity at this point
Private Packs

we all know it is fun to play in a gal with good friends

we all know private gal ruin the game

solution might be the invention of private packs.

a private pack would consist of 2-3 players
those packs get shuffled together with other paacks and some random players making gals of 10 players

this way U get to play with a close m8 without the big disadvanteges of private gals

What do U guys think ?

[NoS] forever
Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2003, 13:19   #2
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Private Packs

Sounds great, would definately throw up more interesting in-gal politics and would offer an instantly more friendly galaxy (compared with totally random) but at the same time helping you meet new people!
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2003, 13:21   #3
rancid

That's the greatest idea. I think I could stand just about anything if I could have one real friend in my gal with me. Having someone to commiserate with and not feeling like you have no one in your gal that cares at all makes PA less fun.
Unread 27 Oct 2003, 13:29   #4
Lerxst
baka.

Lerxst is an unknown quantity at this point

This suggestion was around now since a few rounds but never got implemented. It's nevertheless a good thing, at least something to be tried out.
Unread 27 Oct 2003, 13:35   #5
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

This is an idea that I came up with back in r4 when it became obvious private galaxies werent working. As a member of PATeam at the time I took it to spinner and was asked to write up a full summary of it. However I seemed to be the only PATeam member in favour of it (Perhaps as almost all the rest were members of bigger alliances and thus were only seeing the benifits of being in private galaxy while myself as a smaller alliance member could see the damage it was doing to the smaller players)

Ever since then ive raised this issue everyround but the closest we have ever come was the 15 private 10 random situation which imho didnt solve the situation as one alliance always controlled the galaxy still and the resulting fortress galaxies apperaed due to this. For the idea to work the groups have to be small enough so that it doesnt give one group a majority otherwise your better off going fully random or fully private
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2003, 13:47   #6
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

Well spinner aint around anymore, so lets see what MrBrick thinks wakey?
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2003, 14:28   #7
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

I like the plan

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2003, 14:38   #8
Browolf
Veteran

Browolf is an unknown quantity at this point

me too.

Embrace the wind with both arms, Stop the clouds dead in sky, Hang your head no more,
And beg no more, Brother Wolf and Sister Moon
Browolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2003, 14:41   #9
hook
I'm who you want me to be

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light

has been mentioned before indeed.

It's a good idea nevertheless.
Unread 28 Oct 2003, 02:24   #10
MrBrick
Gone

MrBrick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmm. Noted. Liked.
MrBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2003, 13:56   #11
JMorjaria

JMorjaria is an unknown quantity at this point

I love the idea, maybe packs of three people can join together, you register together and then are put in random gal with other random people!

great idea
JMorjaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2003, 20:57   #12
Shaithess

Shaithess is an unknown quantity at this point

I really like this idea as well, allowing up to 3 is IMO the best as 2 go together, 3 go together, 4 go in 2 packs of 2 etc...

And shouldn't realleh ruin the game either

I've been very lucky though, IMO, I've been randomly placed in a very good gal (now we've exiled about 4 or 5 inactives :/) We've got a great GC (/me fluffles Icey) and good members

I got def from about 6 galmates yesterday, was funny watching galstatus turn green
Shaithess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2003, 13:36   #13
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

I've liked this suggestion since it was first suggested in r4/5
Unread 29 Oct 2003, 13:57   #14
Ra
nineone

Ra is a jewel in the roughRa is a jewel in the roughRa is a jewel in the rough

Great idea

I have seen this idea put into use in other games before which i have played, and playing with even 1 or 2 friends is better than playing entirely random and makes games for the most part, a lot more fun.
Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2003, 14:03   #15
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

This is an idea which I have seen more times than I could possibly hope to count. It is an idea which the entire community always gets behind, and is a very logical and good idea. For some reason however, it has never been taking beyond the suggestion stage by those at the top.

I do think it should be used though.
Unread 30 Oct 2003, 23:55   #16
Killerbij
Roidhumper

Killerbij is an unknown quantity at this point

Btw if this gets implemented (or if we go random gals again) PLEASE fix the exile bug. I know I myself have used it succesfully once but all the top galaxies might just as well have been private ones. It isnt a lot of fun playing a random round with private gals at the top.
Unread 31 Oct 2003, 00:22   #17
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I liked it before, and I still like it.

Go for it!
Unread 31 Oct 2003, 06:38   #18
Planes_Walker

Planes_Walker is an unknown quantity at this point

That is a great idea!!! i hate random galaxies cuz usually all the gals i end up in are inactive (except for this round), but private rounds are as ppl say, bad. So this would mix them both and lose all of the cons of both.
Round 6 : 11:13:15 [WP]
Round 7 : 9:24:9 [WP]
Round 8 : 33:7:1 [WP]
Round 9 : 29:10:9 [WP] / [Eclipse]
Round 9.5 : 21:1:22 [Eclipse]
Round 10 : X:X:X [Eclipse]
Planes_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2003, 07:17   #19
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point

I remember this from earlier, thought it was a good idea then and still do.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2003, 07:47   #20
Castigated

Castigated is an unknown quantity at this point

YES, please!
"The further the spiritual evolution of mankind advances, the more certain it seems to me that the path to genuine religiosity does not lie through the fear of life, and the fear of death, and blind faith, but through striving after rational knowledge."
Castigated is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2003, 07:50   #21
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by ]Darkness[
we all know it is fun to play in a gal with good friends
a private pack would consist of 2-3 players
those packs get shuffled together with other paacks and some random players making gals of 10 players

this way U get to play with a close m8 without the big disadvanteges of private gals

What do U guys think ?
I've been screaming at spinner with this idea since late R5 (iirc)!

There are a number of advantages, including being with a friend/friends (thus encouraging people to introduce mates to the game), making random galaxies friendlier (like you said), being able to meet/teach strangers (thus widening the community), the inability of alliances to block up galaxies full of players (like the old private galaxy system), and also allowing a number of alliances in the same galaxy (like there are now) - it has all the benifits of randomness but none of the disadvantages of private galaxies.

This idea, in combination with being able to buy 2 or 3 accounts (ie the credit system - not two planets ) would encourage people to bring in newcomers into the game.

I fully (100%) agree with and support this suggestion.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2003, 05:41   #22
Dr_Evil

Dr_Evil is an unknown quantity at this point

Go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's so boring being in a gal with no friends, and only inactives.. also, this allows us to introduce our rl-friends to the game in a proper way!

Too many times newcommers have been welcomed by pa in uninteresting inactive galaxies, and thinked "this game really sux, I'll never pay for this shit!"
Dr_Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2003, 15:22   #23
JMorjaria

JMorjaria is an unknown quantity at this point

One major thing with this, it is a good idea, but I think allowing only 2 people in a pack is not as an advantage as allowing 3. Me and a friend already play this game, and would like to be in a galaxy together. But I also think another one of my friends would like to play, and would join and pay for it if he could be in the same galaxy as both of us.

Therefore I think packs of three is more sensible. It would incourage people (me at least) to invite new players in.
JMorjaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2003, 15:26   #24
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

tbh I think it really depends on the galaxy size, if its still 10 people then id personally favour 2, if it was 15 or higher per galaxy then 3 might be better
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2003, 14:39   #25
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

wahey, I have made this thread about 3 times in the past. Finally it may be implemented (after I quit, heh).

Very good idea, I would prefer 3 to 2 tho, the way I had it before was 3 groups of 3 with 6 randoms, seems perfect to me.
Unread 8 Nov 2003, 16:37   #26
TehVader
NewDawn pe0n

TehVader is an unknown quantity at this point

Pfft, don't you dare to quit on me Fish, I'd have to shoot you then...

Oh and this idea still rocks
Unread 8 Nov 2003, 17:07   #27
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

For the sake of God, lets turn this into a NewDawn cy0bor & leghump0ring thread.

And to topic: its a good idea. Sad spinner couldnt get his finger out of the glass of peanut butter in time.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote