User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 11 Apr 2003, 17:29   #1
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Tv Out?

i have a gf3 with a tv out socket but have never got round to trying to get it to work

thought i'd give it a go but doesn't seem to work, not sure why

i have a splitter than can connect to either an s-video or an rca cable which then connects to a scart adaptor which connects to the tv

i can plug the audio cables from my sound card into the scart and get the tv to play the sound from my computer but no picture

the system program thing that came with the gfx card has a 'detect displays' option under the device selection tab but it does nothing

anyone know how to get it working?
(i have no manual )
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 18:28   #2
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
First off get one single cable that does what you want (ie. s-video to scart) in case any of those adapters are screwing things up.

Now - onto the more technical stuff.
First you need to be aware that the GeForce3 CAN NOT drive 2 displays at once so far as I know. I have a GeForce3 Ti200 and it can't anyway. So your choice is Monitor or TV - not both at once.
Having said that, it isn't detecting the TV in the first place so it's probably something more fundamental.
If you plug only the TV in and disconnect the monitor - what happens when you boot the computer? Does the BIOS status screen and the XP loading logo (assuming that's what you're using) appear on the TV? If it does, does it disappear/go garbled as soon as it gets to where the login screen should be? I have a very similar problem with my card you see.
It seems that nVidia fked up support for some of the rarer TV encoders they use on thier older cards, including the one used on my GeForce3. The only way I've found to get TV out to work (mine won't detect the TV either) is to use a program called TVTool which you can find here.
Unfortunately you have to pay for the full version or it cuts out after 15 mins.

I wish there was a better way, but that is the best I've been able to find - and believe me I've looked enough.

Unread 11 Apr 2003, 19:25   #3
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
heh ta megla but had already downloaded tvtool and got it working

it can work in dual mode aswell (i have a gf3 ti200 aswell), tho will only work if you lower you monitor resolution to something low and have a monitor capable of displaying at lower frequencies

all works fine now, only problem i'm having is that the rca cable i have is far too short to reach the tv so need to get a longer one from somewhere

(oh and the rca cable works but the s-video cable won't for some reason )
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 19:41   #4
Caesar2
Commander

Caesar2 is just really niceCaesar2 is just really niceCaesar2 is just really niceCaesar2 is just really nice
maybe your tv doesnt support s-vhs
did you read the manual?

You were just "bashed", live with it.
Caesar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2003, 19:41   #5
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Yeah - TVTool does a bit of trickery to get dualview working (hence having to lower the display resolution etc).

Unread 11 Apr 2003, 20:04   #6
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
i have the same problems with my geforce4.

i have taken it directly from svideo (back of card) to svideo (into a newish tv) and it doesnt send any signal whatsoever.

no idea how to fix it.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote