User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 24 May 2005, 20:55   #1
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
Question to Angels HC

A simple question

Are Angels going for #1 ? If so, we can be looking forward to a nice war

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2005, 21:14   #2
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold
Re: Question to Angels HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
A simple question

Are Angels going for #1 ? If so, we can be looking forward to a nice war

-Jonas-

as if they would have the balls ;-)
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2005, 21:19   #3
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Hehe nice one!

"Yeah right" comes to mind!
Unread 24 May 2005, 21:35   #4
god113
Ex-Player

god113 has a spectacular aura aboutgod113 has a spectacular aura about

I love the subtleness.
Unread 24 May 2005, 21:36   #5
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You crazy kids and your multiple meaning threads with direct questions
Unread 24 May 2005, 21:45   #6
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Do any of you expect a decent answer from us? This is simply a flamebait and if you wanna know if we'd go for #1 then I guess you'll have to check the ranks daily and see what sandmans says ...

I'm not surprised Treveler again posted on a thread about Angels (and again in his negative sence) ...

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2005, 21:50   #7
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

Yeah, let me talk about "balls".
If we would like to go for #1, we could have only one possible option to do that, by recruiting like the 2 top alliance are currently doing, instead of fighting each other out, they just recruit themselves out to the top.
So yes, the gap is currently growing and growing... if we can win this round? by attacking them directly, no way, by recruiting? we might stand a chance. are we going to do this? i dont think so.
Unread 24 May 2005, 21:51   #8
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

40mil is a lot to make up in 2 weeks :/
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2005, 21:55   #9
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Do any of you expect a decent answer from us? This is simply a flamebait and if you wanna know if we'd go for #1 then I guess you'll have to check the ranks daily and see what sandmans says ...

I'm not surprised Treveler again posted on a thread about Angels (and again in his negative sence) ...
Me and JBG decide what's flamebait.

Seriously you've been asked a question, you can either say you aren't going to dignify his question with an answer, or alternatively you can answer the question.

There's little point adding in saying the thread creator is posting flamebait, and as Treveler he can post where he likes within the rules. This has nothing to do with a potential answer whatsoever.

It's no surprise people think you're a complete faggot when the sole aim of your posts seems to be to piss people off rather than actually engaging in any discussion.
Unread 24 May 2005, 22:09   #10
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

Be fair Lokken, this one was clearly posted knowing Kj et al would get all upset. Doesn't stop it being a valid question however.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2005, 22:10   #11
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Me and JBG decide what's flamebait.
agreed.

Quote:
Seriously you've been asked a question, you can either say you aren't going to dignify his question with an answer, or alternatively you can answer the question.
once more agreed, it doesnt appear as a flamebait at all

Quote:
There's little point adding in saying the thread creator is posting flamebait, and as Treveler he can post where he likes within the rules. This has nothing to do with a potential answer whatsoever.

It's no surprise people think you're a complete faggot when the sole aim of your posts seems to be to piss people off rather than actually engaging in any discussion.
Agreed, but i fail to see where treveler engaged in the discussion without it bein trollylicious. Mods ftw!
Unread 24 May 2005, 22:16   #12
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Frankly, I have to side with alch's response. The scenario present now isn't the same as when LCH were sucking ass the past two rounds with their poor military targetting choices (albeit they were almost forced into it by their fencesitting members).
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2005, 22:18   #13
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shev
Be fair Lokken, this one was clearly posted knowing Kj et al would get all upset. Doesn't stop it being a valid question however.
This is AD. This is about difficult, awkward questions in my view and is indeed highly relevant considering Angels current position in the game. Like you said it's valid - should i compromise a valid question by determining it as flamebait? I don't believe so. Kjeldoran has his nifty little tactic of calling anything he disagrees with 'trolling' or 'flamebait', I've said this is incorrect on my many occaisions, and have been ignored near every time.

As for Treveler, I haven't been reading these forums lately, and previous to that his posts didn't stick out like a festering pustule. If people find a post objectionable, they can use the report post function, although until i finish my exams at the end of the month i won't be reading that email address.

Kjeldoran can of course post whenever he likes within the rules as well.

Last edited by lokken; 24 May 2005 at 23:40.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2005, 22:21   #14
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

Quote:
This is AD. This is about difficult, awkward questions in my view and is indeed highly relevant considering Angels current position in the game. Like you said it's valid - should i compromise a valid question by determining it as flamebait? I don't believe so. Kjeldoran has his nifty little tactic of calling anything he disagrees with 'trolling' or 'flamebait', I've said this is incorrect on my many occaisons, and have been ignored near every time.
So why not just moderate his posts instead of insulting him?
Unread 24 May 2005, 22:23   #15
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of

Quote:
Frankly, I have to side with alch's response. The scenario present now isn't the same as when LCH were sucking ass the past two rounds with their poor military targetting choices (albeit they were almost forced into it by their fencesitting members).
For myself, i know i wouldnt have the right motivation to fight for the last 2 weeks knowing that all the efforts put in the war, are vain knowing that a few big guys recruited into their alliance would take them back into spot1 and spot2 respectively.
And tbh, this isnt an official Angels HC answer, but im sure im saying what other think but wont say.
There is no war, its an illusion, the only thing that is happening outside, is a dogfight between the 2 top alliance gaining score daily and not by roiding only.
Unread 24 May 2005, 22:27   #16
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by alch
Yeah, let me talk about "balls".
If we would like to go for #1, we could have only one possible option to do that, by recruiting like the 2 top alliance are currently doing, instead of fighting each other out, they just recruit themselves out to the top.

Cause you are doing a great job of hitting the top 2?

How can you complain of the top two, (when they ahve both been hitting each other all round), when ur alliance has fencesat the war, and is only big cause you ahve done your best to avoid incoming by napping with exil block, and not hitting the 1up one properly?
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2005, 22:31   #17
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Well Forest, I guess NAPs aren't lame tactics, but recruiting is
Unread 24 May 2005, 22:33   #18
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

i dont see a difference, either way u are just avoiding battle and hoping to win.
Unread 24 May 2005, 22:34   #19
alch
Retired

Quote:
Cause you are doing a great job of hitting the top 2?
Do you really have a point? I have answered a question directed to angels, they asked if we would go for #1 and if not, why? I see no direct link between the fact that we didnt hit #2 alliance lately, we had other alliance to hit in the course of going up the ranks, and to remind you, WP was #1 and we were a low top10 alliance, i cant see the benefit of hitting them.

Quote:
How can you complain of the top two, (when they ahve both been hitting each other all round), when ur alliance has fencesat the war, and is only big cause you ahve done your best to avoid incoming by napping with exil block, and not hitting the 1up one properly?
I would like you to use the right word in this case, we didnt fencesit, we just happened to go solo, and since they been blocks formed, and i believe since we had to share with someone buddypacks, we napped an alliance. this has been done long time ago we would know exilition would been top1.
we had enough ennemies to fight and we used the tactics of hitting the people targeting us, simple tactics.

But knowing you, i know that half of your post are just written this way just in order to upset the former poster, some of the information in your post is not accurate and irrelevant to the thread (in my opinion).
Unread 24 May 2005, 22:35   #20
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foretst
i dont see a difference, either way u are just avoiding battle and hoping to win.
where has 1 person in this thread said we want #1?
Unread 24 May 2005, 22:36   #21
Forest

It was you who mentioned the top 2 alliances, and fact is, they ahve been hitting each other most of the round. They have been involved in a serious and devasting war.

And they are still above you.
Unread 24 May 2005, 22:37   #22
Alki
Drink is Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
It was you who mentioned the top 2 alliances, and fact is, they ahve been hitting each other most of the round. They have been involved in a serious and devasting war.

And they are still above you.
oh cry cry, what is your point?
Unread 24 May 2005, 22:38   #23
Forest

My point?

One of your hc stated what the top 2 alliances were doing is lame.

Im countering that.
Unread 24 May 2005, 22:39   #24
lokken
BlueTuba

Quite frankly if Angels were to take on Exilition, I'd wager people would probably side against Angels, as people in pa tend to cut off their nose to spite their face.
Unread 24 May 2005, 22:40   #25
alch
Retired

Quote:
My point?

Im countering that.
If you cant beat them, recruit them.
Unread 24 May 2005, 22:41   #26
Forest

Quote:
Quite frankly if Angels were to take on Exilition, I'd wager people would probably side against Angels, as people in pa tend to cut off their nose to spite their face.

Then you really should start finding out more about politics, u cant be more wrong.
Unread 24 May 2005, 22:41   #27
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by alch
If you cant beat them, recruit them.

If you cant beat em, nap with em and hope they dont backstab.
Unread 24 May 2005, 22:44   #28
Alki
Drink is Good

Quote:
My point?

Im countering that.
sigh he isnt a hc, he was merely pointing out what was happening in the universe, not specifying his own feelings nor saying it was lame
Unread 24 May 2005, 22:45   #29
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
If you cant beat em, nap with em and hope they dont backstab.
Although I laughed hard at this post, this is trolling - Lok
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2005, 22:48   #30
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Then you really should start finding out more about politics, u cant be more wrong.
Quite honestly if you can't beat those at #1, you might as well hurt those who got them there looking around at the various opinions being banded about.

Although i'd have to say, it's not just Angels in the mixer for that one.
Unread 24 May 2005, 22:54   #31
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Was more thinking that with current naps with EX and NoS(iirc) you wont make it. Meaning youll have to make a war on EX very soon...

Retired
Unread 24 May 2005, 22:54   #32
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Quote:

And my cheap shots at Angels are only there because you are so easy to trigger with a funny response.

deliberate trolling - banned 14 days - Lok

Last edited by lokken; 24 May 2005 at 23:02.
Treveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2005, 23:02   #33
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

A third post sorry

This was not inteded as a flame, tho im notsurprised it developed into this kind of discussion. Anyway. I really want to know if the two biggest alliances(aiming by average) are gonna sit the round out as it is now, or play this wargame as it should, with war.

Retired
Unread 24 May 2005, 23:04   #34
Forest

angels refuse to hit exil, they believe they will jsut die.

And why would exil roid angels, exil have won the round, and are just playing it out.
Unread 24 May 2005, 23:17   #35
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
Was more thinking that with current naps with EX and NoS(iirc) you wont make it. Meaning youll have to make a war on EX very soon...
We like NoS more than Ex?? Seeing as weve had a NAP with Ex all round then i don't see your logic...
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2005, 23:20   #36
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Is there any 'top-end' alliance that doesn't genuinely try to win?
Unread 24 May 2005, 23:29   #37
paolo
Kwaak

paolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to all

Nothing to do with the thread, but when will you update your round 13 logbook again Lokie? A lot has happened in the last week.
paolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2005, 23:30   #38
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
My point?

Im countering that.
You told me in pm you'd help WP win and mass recruit just to prevent Exilition from winning. Surprise surprise but exilition is doing exactly the same and unlike WP, they have then 5 free spots.

You of all shouldn't criticize other alliances cause you're the one using lame tactics. I don't see what we're doing so horribly wrong this round. We're playing our own game (for Angels) and do not engage in blockwars. That's our politics and well, weren't you all complaining that there aren't many alliances truely playing for themselves?

Could we win this game by mass recruitment? yes ... easily. Are we gonna do it? ... read alch's response on that

FA Gaming community

Unread 24 May 2005, 23:34   #39
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
angels refuse to hit exil, they believe they will jsut die.

And why would exil roid angels, exil have won the round, and are just playing it out.
We just refuse to screw over a commitment we made earlier this round (the nap) just because Forest really wants Exilition not to win this round.

Becides, you never knew what would or could have happened if the top 2 alliances didn't suddenly started to mass recruit top players ...

FA Gaming community

Unread 25 May 2005, 00:06   #40
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Angels will be number 1 because they are merging with The Borg.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2005, 03:01   #41
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
That's our politics and well, weren't you all complaining that there aren't many alliances truely playing for themselves?
I have to agree with KJ on this one. Everyone cried about blocks etc, and no alliances wanting to go solo. But when ANGELS left thier block and went solo, people called them cowards. Its like a double standard.
I personally beleive that whatever ANGELS did, worked. They have the most roids, and haven't used any recruitment tactics (major) to try and advance.
There is an inkiling of hope in my veins, that hopes that they don't settle for 3rd or 4th, and let exilition win. Funny thing is, Everyone sided against FAnG in round 10.5 to try and take them down near the end. Then they did it again o try and take down 1up in rd 11. With Exil on the obvious path to winning, I see noone trying to take them down. I only see people trying to nap. Nowadays, people are more worried about haveing a decent round, and accomplishing a sensible rank, than actually putting up a fight and trying to win.
PA is the only game I know, that people play to finish 4th, 5th or 6th place.
Unread 25 May 2005, 07:55   #42
Forest

Quote:
You told me in pm you'd help WP win and mass recruit just to prevent Exilition from winning. Surprise surprise but exilition is doing exactly the same and unlike WP, they have then 5 free spots.

You of all shouldn't criticize other alliances cause you're the one using lame tactics. I don't see what we're doing so horribly wrong this round. We're playing our own game (for Angels) and do not engage in blockwars. That's our politics and well, weren't you all complaining that there aren't many alliances truely playing for themselves?

Could we win this game by mass recruitment? yes ... easily. Are we gonna do it? ... read alch's response on that

I never said i would help pack mass recruit.

You complain at pack recruiting, but they are hardly doing that.

And wsnt it Angels who took in a top 3 planet, that LEFT pack.
Unread 25 May 2005, 08:31   #43
GonZo
it never got weird enough

GonZo will become famous soon enoughGonZo will become famous soon enough

yeah because exi are really mass recruiting

isnt it angels who took 7:1:13 ? exi isnt recruiting to #1 at all.

and why would angels engage in a war with exi when they made an agreement pre-round to remain napped? That would be dishonest and backstabbing.. Angels are better than that.
GonZo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2005, 10:43   #44
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

Its a game, you fight for #1 spot. I'd love to see an Angels vs EX war, would at least make me more interested in the top than the only thing worth noticing atm the APA vs Coven war.

But tbh, i cant see it, even with the potential spanking 3/4 of the top 10 alliances wud luv to giv to EX
ReligFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2005, 11:01   #45
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
I doubt Angels could win by mass recruitment. Last time I checked the ranking both Exilition and Angels had the same membercount AND Exilition is way ahead in score. If both Exilition and Angels would mass recruit the last couple of days I doubt you could beat them. You'd need to give them some heavy incoming and lift some XP from hitting the big value Exilition planets.

Anyways, since Angels HC is using the poor excuse 'we cant win, cause people are recruiting to #1' which is just a bad excuse for not being ambitious enough for #1, I do not think any of this is going to happen. Oh well, I am sure Angels HC will like to be remembered as the alliance that 'just didnt have what it took to win r13'.
Unread 25 May 2005, 11:04   #46
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

The only way to win against eX now is by killing fleet, or mass recruiting. First one is unrealistic, second one is most unfair and cowardish.
IIRC Wolfpack was fencing during a lot of the round while eX block was fighting 1ups, WP and HR were the ones who were winning roids all the time.
Funny how Forest first claims that eX are cheaters, and so on and so forth, and then, when it suits him:
Quote:
My point?
Im countering that.
Unread 25 May 2005, 11:13   #47
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonZo
and why would angels engage in a war with exi when they made an agreement pre-round to remain napped? That would be dishonest and backstabbing.. Angels are better than that.
Nonsense. If you want your alliance to ever win a round win you have to make sure you can be flexible enough in your politics to make it happen. Making NAP agreements even before the round starts, might be a honorable thing if you actually stick to it, but at the same time its quite naive as well, especially if you really think the other party will/would have kept/keep the NAP up for the remainder of this round (if it hadn't at any time during the round suited them to break it ofcourse).

So, if you are saying 'Angels are better than that'. Better than what? Breaking a NAP and winning a round? You can also ask yourself if any Angels members (or Exilition for that one) would mind getting some really roid phat targets and breaking a NAP if it meant they would achieve Round 13 victory and lots of high rankings for their respective planets.

Last edited by Jackal2112; 25 May 2005 at 11:25.
Jackal2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2005, 11:15   #48
Jackal2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
The only way to win against eX now is by killing fleet, or mass recruiting. First one is unrealistic, second one is most unfair and cowardish.
IIRC Wolfpack was fencing during a lot of the round while eX block was fighting 1ups, WP and HR were the ones who were winning roids all the time.
Funny how Forest first claims that eX are cheaters, and so on and so forth, and then, when it suits him:
You might want to think about what you post before you do so, cause I personally do not see any relationship with account sharing/cheating and an alliance recruiting to the top to achieve a high ranking. Even if they were related, they couldnt have to do with each other for the simple reason Acc sharing and cheating are against the rules, and recruiting planets is well within them.
Unread 25 May 2005, 11:20   #49
Foxman

Foxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really nice

would it be better if we broke our nap, and stabbed exi? would that make us a better alliance?
Foxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2005, 11:21   #50
Jackal2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
I have to agree with KJ on this one. Everyone cried about blocks etc, and no alliances wanting to go solo. But when ANGELS left thier block and went solo, people called them cowards. Its like a double standard.
I personally beleive that whatever ANGELS did, worked. They have the most roids, and haven't used any recruitment tactics (major) to try and advance.
There is an inkiling of hope in my veins, that hopes that they don't settle for 3rd or 4th, and let exilition win. Funny thing is, Everyone sided against FAnG in round 10.5 to try and take them down near the end. Then they did it again o try and take down 1up in rd 11. With Exil on the obvious path to winning, I see noone trying to take them down. I only see people trying to nap. Nowadays, people are more worried about haveing a decent round, and accomplishing a sensible rank, than actually putting up a fight and trying to win.
PA is the only game I know, that people play to finish 4th, 5th or 6th place.
Cmon do I need to spell it out for you buddy?

Angels did something even SMARTER than just joining a block. They made everyone believe they left the block (which to a certain degree they did) and while they left the block they made extensive agreements not to attack them; thus they would get 0 incoming from block 1, and would take way less heat from block 2. Well done, its a 'solo achievement' by playing it like this politically, then again from about every other players point of view its just a 'ghey' way of Napping yourself to a comfortable high position in the ranks. Well done though