User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 15:57   #51
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: The Lion, The Witch & The Secret-Wars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
SteInMetz wasn'tt SiNND HC, and the NAP was only in effect after the formation of SiNND (Not directly after, there was atleast a week).
actually I think it was longer than a week, but I could be mistaken. Gate can however verify our "discussions" about how we should react to nos' political tap dancing. I can say however, that ND's members would very likely not support any political arrangement with nos again after round 13, because of their actions. With that in mind, read into it what you must. We have no ill will towards the members of nos, personally there are a lot of members and Officers I think very highly of to this day, but politically, as far as ND is concerned, I believe they burned the bridge. This is only my opinion ofcoarse and I won't speak as to the feelings of other members.

Last edited by aNgRyDuCk; 9 Jun 2005 at 16:04.
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 16:13   #52
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal
Btw, Seth, if you wanted 1up/ND to defeat Exil so bad, maybe you should have hit 1up a bit less.
It was not a case of who HR wanted to win, infact from the start of the round i "personally" preferred anyone but 1up to win, just for the sake of change and after the first week, wp/ eX were very much the obvious successor.

But the round start was very much retall based from targetting & also trying to keep things balanced, as ive said countless times in the thread.

Quote:
I can see you are pissed HR strategy backfired on you but as you might remember I spoke to you somewhere halfway the round about the constant HR incomings to my (1up) planet and how gay I felt that was of HR. I don't know what rank your alliance managed in the end but I bet you deserved it.
The strategy didnt backfire as such, it was just unbalanced when nos did their deals. What you think we deserved is ofc subjective and if we happened to hit ur planet often, im sure you werent hoping HR finished high;P

Quote:
Originally Posted by shika
one of the reasons i left Howling Rain back then was,
that SethMace always ****s up his alliance politics.

I dont want to play in an alliance which is war with everyone and loses it.
I want to play to have fun.

So Props to all the alliances (pack, angels, maybe including nos?) who knew how to jump between the frontiers, because those are the alliances in which the usual player has fun while playing the game.

yours faithfully
shikamaru_
Lol, the reason you left HR was because you didnt get defence, fair enough reason to leave but you left like a spoilt kid m8.

However, the funny thing is you are clearly a leak and i advise ANY alliance who recruits you to beware that a Nos officer has access to your computer. I wouldnt be surprised if you supplied nos with important HR intell, it's just a shame we didnt see through you lies, tantrums & dishonesty from the start.

You my friend are the worst kind of PA player.

Btw those frontiers many would also name "fences".
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 16:29   #53
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Somehow, I get the feeling that NoS won't have quite the easy round for R14. =/

Technically... NoS grew some balls this round, but willingly placed them in the hands of everyone else near a large stack of butcher knives. The NoS way seems to be "Whatever it takes to win" and hey, that's a perfectly legal way of doing things and it worked didn't it?

Somehow though, I don't think they're going to get a free ride next round. NoS will likely NAP the LCH/ToT block again if they don't join it fully, as I'm sure they've figured out that 2-4 decent alliances seemingly want nothing to do with them. Plus HR and WP who I imagine would love the extra roids from NoS... Their only real chance for survival I think will be to join the LCH block. No offense to them, (and I'm sure the same could be applied to people on both sides) but they don't strike me as having the playing ability to live on their own. {Despite kargools dazzling sexyness blinding the enemy }

Dingo's statement about not being muppets... Yeah, that's rich. GL with that next round. I hope I'm proven wrong... but... I'm not sure I will be.

And just to make sure there's no confusion here... I am not speaking as any official person of ND, I have never been speaking as official ND, I'm speaking as another random observer of the forums of PA
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 16:34   #54
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Somehow, I get the feeling that NoS won't have quite the easy round for R14. =/
Yeah, punish NoS for playing the game for the best for its members. That would be rich. We should just all quit the game if that was the result of everytime a alliance finished in a good position due to having good politics.
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 16:51   #55
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

end of the day, nos can do all the spin control they want, next round they will have to answer for their actions this round.
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 17:06   #56
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

personally i find this all very strange. afaik this is a point and click online game where alliances are supposed to me friends/like minded people who wanna play 2gether. i would be alot more simple if allies would just forget all this political who har and have some fun.

blocks suck in all forms, whats wrong with u people are u all afraid of standing alone?
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 17:23   #57
teknik
Antagonist

teknik has a spectacular aura aboutteknik has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly
. The NoS way seems to be "Whatever it takes to win" and hey, that's a perfectly legal way of doing things and it worked didn't it?
it didnt work, unless the last 2 days or so have been a massive acid trip, as they didnt win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate
personally i find this all very strange. afaik this is a point and click online game where alliances are supposed to me friends/like minded people who wanna play 2gether. i would be alot more simple if allies would just forget all this political who har and have some fun.

blocks suck in all forms, whats wrong with u people are u all afraid of standing alone?
it simply doesnt work, sadly. as everyone plays alone..then one alli's lust for winning makes them say "wait a second, 2 alliances can really kick 1 alliances ass, so lets go find a buddy and kill our main competitor and then we can win \o/" and then the competitor needs an alliance to work with them so its 2 on 2, then it spiralls up in to block wars and everyone thinks block wars suck so drop the blocks then it all starts again. afaik thats always how it has been, and will always be the same as its the way people are.

at the end of the day this whole thread is wild accusation throwing. I sure as hell dont know what really happened and in what order so i am going to refrain from commenting.
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 17:26   #58
HRS
TFD forever

HRS is an unknown quantity at this point

So i was in the "evil" alliance this round? Cool!

(not that i give a damn about alliance politics, as long as there are things to kill i'm perfectly happy. so no clue what the whole discussion is about)

<mpr0733> never underestimate the speed of a fryingdutch thread spammer

<Zapman> ja ik wil hrs stalken, natuurlijk, logisch
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 17:34   #59
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

NoS have been doing the same thing, playing entirely for their own interests, since round 4. Despite the best efforts of many people (myself included) to make everyone else realise this, people still persist in assuming that NoS are, in any way, a useful ally.

I think Lokken summed it up well when he said that NoS have a style of politiics that is different from most others. In many ways, I tend to think that the NoS way is actually better, in that it relies on a more fluid and risky approach to politics than the simple "form monolithic block, attack the enemy continually until they give up" approach which seems to be the best that anyone else can come up with (this round, previous two rounds excepted). NoS could have - and if the round had been a few weeks longer, probably would have - been utterly shafted by other alliances. By NoS's own terms, NoS's allies would not have had to help them.

In a block war, especially a well-balanced one (as this round was), the only sensible position to be in is in the middle, playing the other two sides off against each other. Anyone who has played Risk knows this. Planetarion, at the alliance level, is essentially similar to Risk in that the objective is to attack as much as necessary whilst being attacked as little as possible. This is how NoS play the game and it's a fair strategy. If you feel manipulated by it, try thinking of ways you can beat it, rather than complaining about it on the forums.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 17:34   #60
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

NoS members must have thought christmas had come early given last rounds performance.
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 17:58   #61
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

As I dont want to go into details about what NoS did internally this round, I am quite sure that most NoS members feel proud of the job they have done and that they have enjoyed the round. That is my only concern.

And that's me as a simple PA player saying it.
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 18:02   #62
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
aNgRyDuCk is it so hard to see what your own fellow HC member have said that you deny the truth?

So stop lying please. I've lost enough faith in ND as it is
to sum up, thats said 2 days before end of round, i was never HC for SiNND, i was inactive half of round, i might have been mistaken, and thats liek early in the morning when i havent slept.. i could find a ton more reasons to why i said it.. but most of em would have been a lie.. Lets just say that i was mistaken, as infact duck and gate has corrected me, and they were both SiNND HC..

Oh and kargool, you post only shit on AD anyway.. why bother posting? ive never seen you contribute with something positive, or constructive. ^^

Proud to be Newdawn
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 18:03   #63
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
As I dont want to go into details about what NoS did internally this round, I am quite sure that most NoS members feel proud of the job they have done and that they have enjoyed the round. That is my only concern.

And that's me as a simple PA player saying it.
Feel proud about awoiding the fire, sure..
We have a word for them in norway.. its called cowards..

Proud to be Newdawn
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 20:26   #64
Heru
NoS High Command

Heru is an unknown quantity at this point

NoS at NO point in round 13 went back on ANY agreements we had with ANY alliance. There was never any discussion pre-round 13 that the 1up/NoS/ND/ToF/SiN block would be focusing on any particular alliance, whether it be Exilition or Wolfpack, or whomever. As Dingo stated, NoS made it crystal clear from day one that our intended targets would be WP and HR.

At a certain point, it became clear that our block was so focused on Exilition, that they were sacrificing attention to other alliances, namely WP and HR, and allowing those alliances to grow without significant incoming. Some of you claimed that you KNEW that WP and HR would fall and hence you did not feel the need to attack them. I, for one, lack those wonderful powers of prognostication. NoS saw two alliance getting extremely roid fat, and those alliances happened to be the two alliances we had OPENLY ADMITTED THAT WE WANTED TO ATTACK. Say what you want about fighting an honorable war, but what is honorable about getting your a** kicked?

At no time did NoS go back on anything we had promised our allies. Our allies had different objectives to ours. Why does this mean we were in the wrong? By the logic used in this flame, either side could be wrong.

People continue to complain that we did what we did to gain universe rankings. Well, let me see here. Last I checked the goal of this game was to win, not show how honorable you can be by getting your ass kicked and accepting it.

For the record, I respect all alliances and their right to make their own decisions based on what they see as best for their memberbase. As Dingo stated previously, NoS is NOT, and NEVER will be, subject to overview by another alliance.

Throw out logs all you like. I have logs from as early as May 1 regarding the possibility of 1up and ND NAP'ing WP and HR. PM me on IRC if you would like to see them. We did what we thought was in the best interests of our alliance.

The round is done. Deal with it and move on.
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 20:56   #65
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Well done to all alliances this round, wherever you finished, you finished that high for a reason GG

Would be interesting to seee NoS next rd take on the "bigger" allies just to see how strong miltarily they really are.

PS: Irvine is the best DC ever
Ultores
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 21:10   #66
ChipZ^
Registered AbUser

ChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heru
People continue to complain that we did what we did to gain universe rankings. Well, let me see here. Last I checked the goal of this game was to win, not show how honorable you can be by getting your ass kicked and accepting it.

But u didn't win, and what u did basically garanteed an eX victory.
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 21:12   #67
Yaroslav
Whooopaa!

Yaroslav can only hope to improve

If everyone in this game played politics as NoS does probably this would be a more funny place. NoS is probably one of the few alliances able to change alliances/naps during round , changing the overall politics. Most of the other alliances just stick to their initial pacts all round long. So while NoS tends to a multipolar politic all the others just want to make the game a 1 block vs 1 block all the round, defending honour and all that stuff so overrated in online games.
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 21:32   #68
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Not sure your members have a reason to be 'proud' so to speak heru, dingo, kargool.

And here's the reason with some examples.

Your members did NOT have major incs. Ever. To the extent groups like 1up, exilition, LCH did... NoS had peanuts. As demonstrated last round, NoS did not hold up when the mass amounts came rolling in.

People getting big due to a free-ride, and people getting big due to solid, excellent activity, tactics, and dedication are two completely different stories. While you believe that the "Nap everyone with a heartbeat" was a good idea this round (it worked, right?) you have been marked for next round... and so you really have two routes open to you... Join the LCH block and become muppets, or go it alone and get annihilated. Maybe I'm missing option #3 here, and if I am, feel free to enlighten

LCH: They got battered around a bit. I watched them fall a number of nights, and rise up on others. Despite the fact I think they're goofs {} and don't like them very much at all... I respect their activity, ability and dedication to the alliance. They didn't have a free-ride, and still played very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universe Page
3 NoS 86211 91 4,426,998 402,856,820
4 LCH 87539 72 4,760,026 342,721,943
Their average score is higher. Interesting.

1up: Got Hammered. By the entire LCH/Exi/ToT, HR, VsN, and a fkload more. And their pet donkey. Their activity is above average, their dedication is there too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ye Olde Universe Page
7 1 1up 63462 74 4,181,989 309,467,187
300k points behind. That's not much at all despite them getting completely owned early on.

ToT: Another group I have an immense amount of respect for. A small core, and they got incs galore from the 1up/SiNND/ToF block as well afaik... And they still kicked some ass. Again. They weren't napped to 3/4 of the top 10, and yet they royally kicked some ass.

Finally: Exilition. I don't like them. I think that a select group of them are cheaters, that willingly exploit as much cheating tools as they can as they haven't got much else better to do. However, there is no denying that they did very well. The highest average score, highest roid count, with 62 members. They played the game, and kicked some ass at it; No matter how much 1up/other ppl want to blast them for alleged cheating, or Mactanzu spewing out more verbal garbage than the rest of the internet can shovel.

No members in those above alliances had the proverbial kevlar suit this round. You guys did. They have a reason to be proud. What you guys wish to believe is up to you.

Your reasoning is valid from one point of view though. It was good for your members. I'm sure the morale gained from this tactic was definitely good for you guys.

Hope it carries to the next round...

Last edited by Squidly; 11 Jun 2005 at 18:17. Reason: Funniest neg-rep ever :D
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 21:43   #69
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaroslav
If everyone in this game played politics as NoS does probably this would be a more funny place.
The problem then, is that alliances with genuinely superior military capability would tear away and we'd see stagnation. For example, EXilition are superior to NewDawn millitarily. There is an ocean between them, and an ocean between EXilition and every other alliance with the exception of 1up and Angels IMO (ToT are too small in #s despite having the quality, and LCH have a slightly smaller ocean ).

If the other alliances in the game were not pinned down in holding back the likes of 1up and EXilition, what would have happened? IMO, we'd have seen stagnation early as eXilition or 1up stormed ahead without being stopped by anyone. And NoS would have finished a lot lower as alliances would have had firepower to divert towards easier roids... the climate allows these tactics to achieve their aim of a higher rank, but if everyone did this, the tactic that would be most effective would be blocking and greater coordination leading to another swing.

Quote:
NoS is probably one of the few alliances able to change alliances/naps during round , changing the overall politics. Most of the other alliances just stick to their initial pacts all round long.
I'd like to point out the change in relations between ND and HR as a prime example. We've been quite bitter enemies for rounds, but this round we saw what was needed and agreed to work together (albeit, there wasn't so much organisation as would be desired). I would say that this showed fluidity, whilst NAPping, or approaching for a NAP, all 3 of the starting 'blocks' at some point in the round doesn't particularly constitute the kind of fluid politics which contribute to a good war game.
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 22:10   #70
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

This is like a whinging contest, see who can whinge the most, everyone else about NOS's politics, NOS about everyone whinging about them when they claim they did nothing wrong.

Ultimately NOS, you are not the ones to judge yourselves politically, that is everyone elses job, you've made your bed (whatever it may be), now you have to lie in it. If other people judge you to have acted badly, then they will act based on that in the future. It is that simple.
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 22:15   #71
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

No matter what has been said, the main fact remains, everyone but Exilition lost. So this is quite pointless, people should rather use their time to better themselves. And christ knows it's a lot of people who need to better themselves (including myself.)
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 22:16   #72
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly
LCH: They got battered around a bit. I watched them fall a number of nights, and rise up on others. Despite the fact I think they're goofs {} and don't like them very much at all... I respect their activity, ability and dedication to the alliance. They didn't have a free-ride, and still played very well.

Their average score is higher. Interesting.
Your maths fail a little here. Try remove NoS's 19 smallest members so we would be equal in membercount with LCH, then we would be FAR ahead of them in average score.
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 22:17   #73
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Remove my ballhair's smallest members and their average hairsize would be heightened too yes
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 22:19   #74
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
No matter what has been said, the main fact remains, everyone but Exilition lost.
Agree. If you didn't win, you lost. Even Angels lost despite their intense crawling the last weeks
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 23:10   #75
ChipZ^
Registered AbUser

ChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
Your maths fail a little here. Try remove NoS's 19 smallest members so we would be equal in membercount with LCH, then we would be FAR ahead of them in average score.
But those 19 members defended the other members and provided NoS with flak you were targeted (if u ever were) so that the other members can get bigger.
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 23:20   #76
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipZ^
But those 19 members defended the other members and provided NoS with flak you were targeted (if u ever were) so that the other members can get bigger.
Some had quit or gone semi-active due to rl-stuff or PC-problems and I'm sure they wouldn't mind being removed to boost our average, but we didn't. Has nothing to do with it really, just stated how our average would be better if we had equal memberbase.
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 23:32   #77
ChipZ^
Registered AbUser

Quote:
Some had quit or gone semi-active due to rl-stuff or PC-problems and I'm sure they wouldn't mind being removed to boost our average, but we didn't. Has nothing to do with it really, just stated how our average would be better if we had equal memberbase.
So ur assuming that LCH dont ahve inactice members that they would also kick? You had a large memberbase the entire round, if u started with the 19less players then ur average might be completly different. You cant say at the end of a round...yer but liek if we kick loads we would ahve better average, all allainces can do that
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 23:41   #78
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Its a war game ffs.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 23:48   #79
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipZ^
So ur assuming that LCH dont ahve inactice members that they would also kick? You had a large memberbase the entire round, if u started with the 19less players then ur average might be completly different. You cant say at the end of a round...yer but liek if we kick loads we would ahve better average, all allainces can do that
Well, let's say they removed 20 inactive members then. Then we just remove 40 and we're even, but still with a better average. What I said basically, was that at an even membercount and withour inactives we'd still be ahead.

Oh btw, for fun or not, stick to real gramma on forums please. Don't clutter forum posts with IRC-language (1337-5p34k)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02
it's a war game ffs
Best post so far imo
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 23:52   #80
steve

steve is a jewel in the roughsteve is a jewel in the roughsteve is a jewel in the rough

This round was to put it best. Very boring... Not much to say there really as nothing else happened for nos. yes nos hc may of had an ace round with there political moves but for members and officers it was complete rubbish.

incommings - not many covered quickly by such a large alliance
attacks - not really major targets and clearly there wasnt enough to choose from for such a large alliance
recruitment - the only area we were really busy in with a couple of new interviews to vote on each day.

I played this round with my alliance from another game. We joined NoS as a bg as after a few rounds since playing pa we werent too sure about the game. I personnaly was disgusted by two things this round. The fact that an alliance so badly organised and badly ran was allowed to come ahead of alliances that were far more deserving. For this im not only upset with NoS command but also for the other alliances who allowed them to do such a thing.

My second upset was at the alliance we chose to bring our members too, the way the political scene was rather cowardly and done for personnal vendettas of the HC and basically for greed.

This grudge against HR dingo talks about. well nos had taken in alot of TFD members and also Golden Circle members. Half of us didnt know why we were 'fence sitting' and alot of us didnt agree with it.

One thing for sure is that for the members of the round NoS HC didnt make any political moves to benefit the members. None of us will be proud because we came third. Yes well done for the rise in ranks since last round NoS but for such a boring round play wise it wasnt worth while.

So i say thankyou to NoS for giving us a home and thankyou to the pa community for giving a great game. however being a fence sitter wasnt something i wanted. and looking at the ppl who came through our recruitment it seemed they were there to take advantage of NoS's political situation. so goodluck to you all.

One thing for sure is that NoS will have alot of enemies next round.

steve- [NoS] Officer :: [GoCi] HC -- signing off
[23:42:56] <SkyHead> Keep your fleets
[23:43:02] <SkyHead> Keep your faith
[23:43:08] <SkyHead> Keep your anti 1up spirit

-retired 1up MO-
Unread 9 Jun 2005, 23:58   #81
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve
*snip*
You're clearly the right one to say anything like that steve-. You were almost never around. One of the most inactive members infact.
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 00:06   #82
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Well, let's say they removed 20 inactive members then. Then we just remove 40 and we're even, but still with a better average. What I said basically, was that at an even membercount and withour inactives we'd still be ahead.
I seriously doubt that one..
if we would kick 20 scanners/caths then our average would simply own

and with more it would even grow exponentially

Last edited by Alessio; 10 Jun 2005 at 00:11.
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 00:10   #83
Heru
NoS High Command

Heru is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
You're clearly the right one to say anything like that steve-. You were almost never around. One of the most inactive members infact.

Funny steve- would even comment here. The final memberlist for NoS has steve- as the absolute bottom member. Doesn't seem that you should be insulting the alliance, when you were the least productive member.

Very classy.
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 00:12   #84
steve

steve is a jewel in the roughsteve is a jewel in the roughsteve is a jewel in the rough

that post is not just my view. as ou know exams revision took most of my time however the members we had who decided to stop playing due to what was happening in nos and the way the round was going.

it wasnt a fk you post as i left either it was the only time ive really had to write down my opinions and what my members have told me. when i say nos members i mean the goci ppl in nos. and im sure there were others.

-retired 1up MO-
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 00:13   #85
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio
if we would kick 20 scanners/caths then our average would simply own
This will just go on and go on, because we could have done exactly the same
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 00:17   #86
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Why can't we look into the PA team arby at the end of the round (like pilkara)
with the ingame nicks and allies, that u can log into that when PA has ended
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 00:27   #87
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio
Why can't we look into the PA team arby at the end of the round (like pilkara)
with the ingame nicks and allies, that u can log into that when PA has ended
Interesting idea tbh.. put it on suggestion forums, because I liked that one.
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 00:29   #88
steve

Quote:
Funny steve- would even comment here. The final memberlist for NoS has steve- as the absolute bottom member. Doesn't seem that you should be insulting the alliance, when you were the least productive member.

Very classy.

as you already knew heru i asked you to drp my planet when i started my exam revision something i delayed to try and get through to nos. something that was ignored.

and as said in my post above, this isnt just what i had seen but also what goci members came to me saying

-retired 1up MO-
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 00:45   #89
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Some of you claimed that you KNEW that WP and HR would fall and hence you did not feel the need to attack them. I, for one, lack those wonderful powers of prognostication.
I agree with most of what you said, but I think this sentence is quite unbelievable. If it's true, you (and NoS HC collectively) aren't the smart people I take you for

Quote:
This round was to put it best. Very boring... Not much to say there really as nothing else happened for nos. yes nos hc may of had an ace round with there political moves but for members and officers it was complete rubbish.
Oh, the memories!
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 01:09   #90
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

Quote:
Yeah, punish NoS for playing the game for the best for its members. That would be rich. We should just all quit the game if that was the result of everytime a alliance finished in a good position due to having good politics.
I am on my way to use dirty words. Your telling me that you should not be attacked because you did what ? Sit down and watch and took the easy roids for free. And we should not attack you for that because of WHAT ?

ND Started in rnd 11 with 1up as napped ppl, we got burned all rnd 12 for that. We still ended up rank3 .NoS also got hit this round, but that made them drop very very very fast. And I will still guess on that we hadd most incs that entire round. LCH and co found out 3 weeks before end that hitting 3rd would gain them 1st spot. So basically 1up didn't have incs and we got it all.

This round we got it hard, you know why ? Thats because noone even belived that NoS could finish in the top5. So everyone hit nd/1up ( afterwards SiNND/1up ).

So punishing NoS for being stupid fencesitters, sounds like a good idea yes.

To bad Aria isn't around, she is actually one of the nice NoS'rs

And whatever angryduck said. He is complet right. So kargool, shush.
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 01:14   #91
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

Lol @ steve's posts, that kinder goes against what Nos HC have said about doing whats best for their members right?

Noah/Nadar: It is a wargame yes! Thanks for pointing that out but this forum is apart of that game, no matter how little its role may be and as the game aint the most visceral experience. Well chatting about sh1t on ADs add's another level of gaming, agree or disagree, you wouldnt be reading this board if you didnt enjoy reading it.
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 01:19   #92
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Mace
Lol @ steve's posts, that kinder goes against what Nos HC have said about doing whats best for their members right?
You listen to someone who logged in once every second week? oh well

Quote:
=Seth Mace]Noah/Nadar: It is a wargame yes! Thanks for pointing that out but this forum is apart of that game, no matter how little its role may be and as the game aint the most visceral experience. Well chatting about sh1t on ADs add's another level of gaming, agree or disagree, you wouldnt be reading this board if you didnt enjoy reading it.
Certainly I enjoy reading AD, but that's just because of the fact that AD is one of the funniest forums to read. Nothing like a good bitchfight (you/dingo)
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 03:12   #93
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

NoS finished 3rd this round because no-one really cared about you. You didn't earn your place, you got to it because you very rarely had heavy incomings, due to blocking 2/3rds of the universe.

This left your members bored out of their brains as you were restricted to hitting alliances such as Vengeance for a few measly roids every night. We could have done what you did and kept the various NAPs we formed with alliances in both blocks, but instead we chose to fight for a cause. We were there when our allies needed us (HR, WP) and helped to prevent EXilition's victory being as swift as it could have been (I'd like a greater achievement to point to, but I don't think there is one). What can you say?

Bring forth the NoS lemmings to tell me how much fun they had not being allowed to attack any decent targets. If you can find any.
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 04:36   #94
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritfire

ND Started in rnd 11 with 1up as napped ppl, we got burned all rnd 12 for that. We still ended up rank3 .

If ND were NAPed to 1up in round 11, why did they keep attacking us all the time? I'm sure we had no NAP with 1up in round 11...

Anyway, the NoS situation is a bit sad. I probably have a very unusual view of NoS... I joined ND in round 10.5 when NoS/ND were well-established allies. It seems to me that the only real constant in politics of rounds 10.5-13 was the friendship between NoS and ND, it's kinda sad to see that end. Having said that, as an ND/SiNND officer, yes I did feel betrayed to some extent. I didnt see why we weren't doing something about the NoS/Exil situation. And I would indeed be surprised and perhaps dissappointed should NoS and ND continue as allies in round 14. Sad to see the relationship end like this, but perhaps it was time for a change
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 04:51   #95
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

Nef is right, 1up/ND weren't napped beginning of round 11, it happened mid round
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 06:09   #96
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Mace
Noah/Nadar: It is a wargame yes! Thanks for pointing that out but this forum is apart of that game, no matter how little its role may be and as the game aint the most visceral experience. Well chatting about sh1t on ADs add's another level of gaming, agree or disagree, you wouldnt be reading this board if you didnt enjoy reading it.

If anything it makes it slightly more realistic, as it gives it the disseminationof infoirmation and the widespread use of propaganda to make the populous beleive certain things.

And now matter what people say, people do listen to what is said here. 1 person reads it, they then talk to people on IRC and they tell other people, and pretty soon, most people seem to think that it is fact. Just because not many people read it here, doesnt mean it doesnt circulate.

Keep on B*tching ;-)
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 10:12   #97
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
Nef is right, 1up/ND weren't napped beginning of round 11, it happened mid round
Your right again My memory was lacking skillz yesterday.
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 10:15   #98
steve

Nadar once again im speaking on behalf of the goci members as well. ofc not all of them however im sure it wasnt just goci members that felt this way. if you want to keep along those current lines then

[00:37:32] <Nadar> pretty much yes
[00:37:45] <Nadar> but you're not allowed to quote me on anything btw
[00:37:50] <Nadar> all PR is bad PR

i will start quoting so pls stop with the going on one line.

posting logs is generally a no no - you get away with it this time because it was fairly tidy, hence didn't make me cry, but made others cry instead - please don't do it again - Lok

-retired 1up MO-

Last edited by lokken; 10 Jun 2005 at 15:21.
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 11:57   #99
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Nadar once again im speaking on behalf of the goci members as well. ofc not all of them however im sure it wasnt just goci members that felt this way. if you want to keep along those current lines then

[00:37:32] <Nadar> pretty much yes
[00:37:45] <Nadar> but you're not allowed to quote me on anything btw
[00:37:50] <Nadar> all PR is bad PR

i will start quoting so pls stop with the going on one line.
ROFL.

Nadar, I think that steve's original post was probably the worst PR you could have possibly had. It's a little late for damage control now.
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 12:22   #100
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
ROFL.

Nadar, I think that steve's original post was probably the worst PR you could have possibly had. It's a little late for damage control now.
When I ask him not to post logs directly from conversations and he still does, it just shows how much dignity he has, if any at all. Still he fails to understand that he's not allowed to post logs on forums at all. And when his initial post were just full of crap and lies (or he's been hardly misinformed) then he should consider not to be posting at all. I fail to understand why anyone would believe a guy who barely logged in once per second week.

Now I have to poo.