User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 28 Nov 2004, 14:37   #1
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
I miss blocking :/

Sure as hell made more sence having 2-3 sides fighting it off than having 2 allies controlling and manipulatig everyone else towards eachother. Its like any alliance can be taken down, as one day you attack the same alliance as 3 other big allies, next day they all attack you. No decent fights, all just plain overkills on choosen target.

Go flame me. Atleast im being honest :P Blocking is natural and fun, as long as the HCs dare to prevent stagnation.

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 14:39   #2
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I miss blocking :/

As blocking does bring on the real fights, the huge incs, backstabbing and many tactics I guess I like when alliances cooperate :/

Retired
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 14:44   #3
hook
I'm who you want me to be

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light

Well, I have to admit things were a lot more 'clear' when the blocks were decided. I quite like this round so far especially when I look at the top 100 planets and their alliances. It still looks to be an interesting fight, both have it's pro's and con's I guess.
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 14:55   #4
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, blocks were ok when they were controlled well by HCs.

However, at least this round there's 2 (maybe 3) alliances controlling things
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 15:26   #5
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Current strategy in PA by some alliances defies logic.
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 15:31   #6
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

HEH ? no blocks you say ?
your a funny guy, or just dont have much insight in whats going on atm
Spritfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 15:33   #7
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Official blocks. Big blocks. Blocks that fight eachother instead of having others fight for them. No there are no superblocks this round.

Retired
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 15:48   #8
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

Thats true, but then we have blocks working. who is more than 2 alliances working together.
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 15:50   #9
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I find it more interesting. The fact that a single super-powerful alliance CAN be taken down is great.

Just a pity it seems to be us atm, as opposed to one of the top 2
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 15:53   #10
Spritfire

Yeah is kinda weird that #1 goes after #3 instead of #2 , and get what.. hmmmm 3 other alliances with em
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 16:00   #11
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I predict that VisioN/Insomnia/Mistu/LCH will push ND down a lot, by that time, 1up will be pretty damn close to the lead, and then LCH will come whining on AD (Even more than we are) about how 1up have deceived everyone yet again, despite it being their own damn fault they got that big.

Then everyone will kill 1up, and LCH will win. If there's enough time left, another round will fall to stagnation.

pld LCH (Seriously, no irony intended; it's quite a good plan.)
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 16:39   #12
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

indeed Gate.

However, Im not sure what LCH's support alliances gain by it.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 17:09   #13
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

surely they gain the #2 and #3 spot once 1up and ND are dead?

plus i still think certain alliances have it in for ND anyway.... and hatred of 1up seems to be rife.
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 17:11   #14
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
I predict that VisioN/Insomnia/Mistu/LCH will push ND down a lot, by that time, 1up will be pretty damn close to the lead, and then LCH will come whining on AD (Even more than we are) about how 1up have deceived everyone yet again, despite it being their own damn fault they got that big.

Then everyone will kill 1up, and LCH will win. If there's enough time left, another round will fall to stagnation.

Hmm, seeing Insomnia in there...should we be flattered?
Insomnia surely havent attacked ND by intention for ages(They might have had some people in the NoS gals we hit) and we've not worked alongside any of thoose allies either But what youre writing is a good indication of how this round is. Id rather have blocks

Wouldnt it be great to have some SET sides Fighting off a huge war??

-Jonas-

Retired
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 17:15   #15
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

we never whine on AD, actually we never post on AD
we've been hitting 1up since week1 cause we knew this would happen
thanks bye

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 17:39   #16
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

isnt calling for a community initiative and advertising blocking abit contradicting?

After r10.5 ppl went happily for solo runs and stagnationwise and politics wise (even with 1up winning) the rounds were according to the majority far more "interesting" and gave more fun.

Huge Blockrounds were fun back in r5 but with a huge planetbase but in days of merely 4k signed up planets there is no need anymore for huge blocks as 2-3 alliances can pretty much control the universe. Seen with Fang / Mistu / Prats and pretty much every round before.

While in a 40k player universe it was a "must" to have atleast 500-1000 good players on your side, these days even 70 ppl alliances or alliances with a medicore activity and quality can do well or even extremly well.

Saying that it should be obvious why blocks are a thing of the past, especially if the game is random and you give galaxynaps (once youre ontop you always find enough cowards who rather play for galaxy rank or enjoy every night a quiet sleep instead of fighting it out)
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 17:49   #17
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

ND getting hit? OH no!!! /o\
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 18:19   #18
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitros
thanks bye
Seems to me strange that 1up still gains roids, and we looses shitloads.. but that might just be a picture of my imagination.

And last night, we had 112 hostile fleets headed to us.. yes we counted..
And i know for sure that 1up had a lot less.. if it is as you say, you really suck at targetting 1up, or you are lieing.

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 18:31   #19
Gate
;D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteInMetz
Seems to me strange that 1up still gains roids, and we looses shitloads.. but that might just be a picture of my imagination.

And last night, we had 112 hostile fleets headed to us.. yes we counted..
And i know for sure that 1up had a lot less.. if it is as you say, you really suck at targetting 1up, or you are lieing.
I'd like to announce SteInMetz can't count

Excel says 113. On second thoughts, Excel IS from Microsoft...
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 18:43   #20
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Focht, as I said. Id rather have 2 clear sides fighting than this current spam other alliance to attack your enemies thing. What sucks is that 1up or LCH will get credit(whoever wins) but all the peons doing the dirty work wont even be mentioned :P With blocks we can get BGs back aswell

Retired
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 19:08   #21
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I'd like to announce SteInMetz can't count

Excel says 113. On second thoughts, Excel IS from Microsoft...
FU! it was 112 at the time i posted!

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 19:25   #22
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
Hmm, seeing Insomnia in there...should we be flattered?
Insomnia surely havent attacked ND by intention for ages(They might have had some people in the NoS gals we hit) and we've not worked alongside any of thoose allies either But what youre writing is a good indication of how this round is. Id rather have blocks

Wouldnt it be great to have some SET sides Fighting off a huge war??

-Jonas-
Writing this, when HR has long time annouced a NAP with you (and we all know a NAP today means not only a NAP but also attacking the same targets), isnt really that wise, is it.
When trying to lie on AD, you should atleast try to make a descent lie you know
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 19:26   #23
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
thanks bye
Just admit you have no control over the firepower of your alliance, and that your members are targeting whoever they think can provide the easier roids.
PLD LCH HC.
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 19:48   #24
Eol
The Subtle/Profound

Eol is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
Writing this, when HR has long time annouced a NAP with you (and we all know a NAP today means not only a NAP but also attacking the same targets), isnt really that wise, is it.
He just said that they hadn't hit ND by intention for ages. Which I can assert - Insomnia has been focusing on other alliances for quite a while. HR have a NAP with Insomnia, afaik, but I don't think we've been targetting the same alliances either for a while (though I may be wrong). Just can't see HR attacking the kind of alliances we've been fighting hehe. Different league and so on.
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 20:29   #25
Gate
;D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteInMetz
FU! it was 112 at the time i posted!
OMG LCH IN HACKING THE SPACE TIME CONTINUUM IN ORDER TO LAUNCH SHIPS ONE DAY AGO SHOCKER!

The 113 was yday. 97 is today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eol
He just said that they hadn't hit ND by intention for ages. Which I can assert - Insomnia has been focusing on other alliances for quite a while. HR have a NAP with Insomnia, afaik, but I don't think we've been targetting the same alliances either for a while (though I may be wrong). Just can't see HR attacking the kind of alliances we've been fighting hehe. Different league and so on.
Had a lil IRCchat with Jonas, and it's believable. ND share many gals with NoS, and NoS have been hit hard by Insom. Leading to 21 Insom fleets heading to ND planets over 2 days... b*stards!
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 20:42   #26
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Quote:
Mostly what Eol said. And what I said there is that we havent attacked with VsN LCH or Mistu(or whatever allies was listed)

We have attacked with HR, back in the days starting to be a while tho.
so take that back

Retired
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 22:17   #27
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
thanks bye
So that's why you had certain things from week one....

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2004, 23:12   #28
Gate
;D!

Quote:
thanks bye
Your first statement is contradictory.

Knew what would happen? That 1up would run away with the round? They only reason 1up may do such a thing, is you're letting them; so you get the propaganda advantage along the line and other alliances help you.

It's one option I'd try if I was in LCH's position.
Unread 29 Nov 2004, 01:20   #29
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It can be fun when blocks fight, as long as the blocks break off when the winner of the superblocks is clear.

NARWEET vs VVOMM (i think?) was good - that was fun as it then became NAR vs WEET, and then WE vs ET. If the defeated alliances had got their acts together with the other alliances who broke off from the block, a new war could have been fought (with less planets on one side, but bigger, vs the smaller planets but in huge numbers).

In theory it's great, in practice it's hard to manipulate.
Unread 29 Nov 2004, 03:11   #30
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

AzureWrath is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
It can be fun when blocks fight, as long as the blocks break off when the winner of the superblocks is clear.

NARWEET vs VVOMM (i think?) was good - that was fun as it then became NAR vs WEET, and then WE vs ET. If the defeated alliances had got their acts together with the other alliances who broke off from the block, a new war could have been fought (with less planets on one side, but bigger, vs the smaller planets but in huge numbers).

lol, it was fun for NARWEET only, there was NO fun to be had if you were in VVOMM tbh. How long did the actual fight between the 2 last anyways? Reminds me of last round of pia really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2004, 04:01   #31
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

true. the breaking up took too long, but if ot it could have been fun. vvomm could have fought their way back up like [NOTDEAD] (Legion and Fury?) did r7 or whatever round it was...

Retired
Unread 29 Nov 2004, 04:13   #32
Eol
The Subtle/Profound

Eol is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Breaks off? Good? Are you quite well preserved, Tomkat? Yes, r5 was hilarious. After all "Ely/WPO/Ni!" *broke off* (read: were kicked) when the round was about to stagnate (read: was already stagnant, and Legion/Fury so far ahead there was no chance they'd lose the war).

r7 was hilariously exciting with blocks. 'lo same story, FLTTVMOHIASKRKS+++.

r9 was really good with blocks. 'lo same story, NARWEET.

Face up to facts, Tomkat. Superblocks kick out new roidtargets when the round is stagnant and the opposition so firmly beaten that there is no chance the alliances doing the kicking might get caught by those kicked. I challenge you to name a singular example of the opposite happening.
Unread 29 Nov 2004, 05:16   #33
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:

bullshi* Tomkat. Round 9 was won be ET before ticks started. Hell, I wasnt even playing that round, and even I knew.
How could you tell? Galaxy setup told us that quite clear. WP and Ely just didnt have to skill to control their members and galaxies.

edit: And NAR was a clueless bunch of suckers who just got played badly. So they could not be the FoS of r6.

Last edited by G.K Zhukov; 29 Nov 2004 at 05:21.
Unread 29 Nov 2004, 05:18   #34
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
true. the breaking up took too long, but if ot it could have been fun. vvomm could have fought their way back up like [NOTDEAD] (Legion and Fury?) did r7 or whatever round it was...
vvomm was totally dead.
What your talking about is r6. If it wasnt for Xanadu's incompetence in politics, they could have also won that round (ie XeTa winning). How? Simply by waiting a week or two. Then FLTTV would have been outgrown.
Unread 29 Nov 2004, 05:25   #35
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

For a round with blocks to "work" it requires intelligent HC and dedicated players on more than one side.

For a round without blocks to "work" it requires intelligent HC and dedicated players in more than one alliance.

Most, if not all, of the horribly stagnated rounds PA has had can be blamed on one or the other of these factors (usually both as dedicated players gravitate towards intelligent HC). Most people seem to forget that alliances work best under the principle of enlightened self-interest. Keyword enlightened.

Quote:
What your talking about is r6. If it wasnt for Xanadu's incompetence in politics, they could have also won that round (ie XeTa winning). How? Simply by waiting a week or two. Then FLTTV would have been outgrown.
One wonders whether Deus would have sat there watching xanadu fleets growing wondering where their support was going to come from when the inevitable occurred.
Unread 29 Nov 2004, 07:16   #36
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all

Quote:
vvomm was totally dead.
heh.. I remember not agreeing with that very decision. Sucked major balls tbh.
Unread 29 Nov 2004, 07:24   #37
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
vvomm was totally dead.
The actual story of this is that Deus planned a split, Xeta got wind of it and broke relations with us instantly. If they hadn't, we'd have done it a day later in any case.

So actually, it wasn't in their hands.

And they could have won anyway, but they didn't, so the rest is history.

Politics in PA works when you have HC who are willing to work to a political plan, approach everyone with an open mind and use other alliances to the best advantage possible.

As for r5 it was panning out as a Fury/Legion/Tuba win (from what I'm led to believe from some people in Fury, though not Sid), we disbanded for boredom reasons and Ni went against our advice and formed, formed closer relations with WP and hence got boned as I believe DarkJedi got caught plotting something - Tuba did ask about contingency plans incase (we weren't totally naive) we got shagged, but this was never on the scale that DarkJedi wanted. FWIW I advocated WP and Ely as the first group annoyed me immensely with their arrogance, and the second one as I didn't really care about them at the time. Round 5 is the worst round in Planetarion history simply because WTFVE were very well organised (possibly the best run block i've seen), and Xanadu were so ridiculously outnumbered it's untrue.

My judgement would be
r1 good
r2 good
r3 bad
r4 good
r5 very very bad
r6 good
r7 bad
r8 don't know
r9 don't know
r9.5 bad
r10 don't know
r11 bad
r12 good
Unread 29 Nov 2004, 08:54   #38
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

R10 was good politics wise but bad stats wise imo

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2004, 09:23   #39
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

when was narweet vs vvomm good ?? it was 3,5 vs. 1 - it was a very uncool war

if it would have been weet vs nar vs vvomm - that would have been interesting, but now how you mentioned.
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2004, 09:27   #40
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
actually only in theorie....without being biased at that time only VsN was really working. i think 85 and maybe oly at the beginning but they werent really good in communications - i think besides the heavy incomings most of the in vvomm included alliances couldnt take the fact we got beaten and just got inactive. there was no fighting spirit. sad but true.

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 29 Nov 2004, 09:28   #41
Legator
Pr0nstar

Quote:
vvomm was totally dead.

ive to disagree with totally !!!!!1111 maybe 75 % were dead but not totally :P

VfL Bochum >*
Unread 29 Nov 2004, 10:44   #42
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2004, 10:52   #43
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Trying to compare the two best alliances in the game in their hayday with what was effectively Vision is :confusing: Olympians gave up and spent the round wanting to go into vacation mode, Madcows should have never been an alliance and Virus were their usual selves.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2004, 13:23   #44
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

most ppl talking about r9 are so far from reality its rather funny to see their posts.

Vvomm did sign their own death penatly before the ticks started.
Reasons ?
-First to announce blocks
-be general dicks to everyone
-trying to tell ppl how they should form multiple blocks to fight them
-be very undiplomatic to certain hcs

All in all we had a similar sitatuation as pre r6. Everyone and his dog wanted to give them the stick.

Apart from that anything about "coming back" and "predeternined winner" is simple bollox.

There could have been a weet split over the nahr issue which would have out ToT/Ecl in a very bad position.
Eclipse was a very new alliance (first round playing) and like 1up we hadnt even solved all our technical or organisational problems right before tickstart. While ToT was for the first time more then 80 ppl (if im not mistaken).
Before the WEET split WE had a small advantage over ET scorewise and numberwise but unlike ppl claimed vvoom was never able to recover because they had been spanked into vacation mode or inactivity for too long.
Even if they came back they could have not "recovered" As weet and later ET was far enough away roid and scorewise to give them any significant overall gains for all their members (roidwise if you roid with 40 ppl 1 big planet you might just get 20 roids)
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 29 Nov 2004, 13:47   #45
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Whilst WE had a small advantage over ET, it didn't last long, with the many defectors leaving for ET.
Unread 29 Nov 2004, 14:39   #46
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

AzureWrath is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
My judgement would be
r1 good
r2 good
r3 bad
r4 good
r5 very very bad
r6 good
r7 bad
r8 don't know
r9 don't know
r9.5 bad
r10 don't know
r11 bad
r12 good
my personal judgements would be:

r5 very very bad
r6 good
r7 good
r8 don't know (didnt play)
r9 very very bad
r9.5 dont know (idled the round away)
r10 as Stifler said, good politics wise, bad shipstats
r10.5 bad bad (didnt play but heard enough)
r11 good
r12 (bleh...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2004, 16:09   #47
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legator
actually only in theorie....without being biased at that time only VsN was really working. i think 85 and maybe oly at the beginning but they werent really good in communications - i think besides the heavy incomings most of the in vvomm included alliances couldnt take the fact we got beaten and just got inactive. there was no fighting spirit. sad but true.
My gal fought And had fun until attackers stopped landing on us when we had def

Retired
Unread 29 Nov 2004, 16:39   #48
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
My gal fought And had fun until attackers stopped landing on us when we had def

every gal which didnt hide in vac mode got leveled back to like 200 roids as especially WP never hesitated to bash the already dead dogs further
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 30 Nov 2004, 04:56   #49
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

My gal fought pretty hard and most players remained active, finished around the 100th mark. Thats how owned vvomm were. No chance of properly fighting back against the dominance of WEETNAR, who just popped along for fairly easy roids when taking a breather from their own civil war.

oh well...
Unread 30 Nov 2004, 05:05   #50
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Hard-coded politics...

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote