User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 27 Jun 2008, 00:58   #51
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future
Re: Interpreting the EULA.

Secondly, Denial has no fleet launching bot, nor a bot that does any other type of game interfacing. The scan from url thing, that many allies use, is legal according to Cin. So no further interpretation needed there. Our scanners work very hard, and we are grateful.

There, I've posted it. Does it make it anymore true?
Unread 27 Jun 2008, 04:01   #52
zebra
h3ll's angels

zebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to behold

No.
[18:04] * h3ll has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2008, 07:42   #53
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

This is really starting to remind me off a witchhunt...
Lets find something remotly possible and claim Denial does it!!!!
I was in Denial last round and know some of their scanners (Hi PL'eken ) and never did I see or hear about anything even remotly close to what is described in this thread. Quite the opposite, I know their scanners work hard to provide the alliance with all scans needed
But by all means, continue making up things about Denial so you might rally the universe to hit them again!

Some future stuff you can use:
- Denial ate my baby!
- VenoX poisoned my towns well and now everybody is sick!
- Last night when I looked through my window I saw Reese flying on a broomstick!
- Eksero used his dark magic to turn my girlfriend into a cow!
- Denial drugged me with sleeping pills so I didn't get up and crashed my fleet!
- My brothers wife's sister's uncle's girlfriend's best friend said that she has seen the AI that controls all Denial players! It was strategicly located next to the watercooler in her office building and looked like a plant!

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2008, 08:47   #54
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
This is really starting to remind me off a witchhunt...
Lets find something remotly possible and claim Denial does it!!!!
I was in Denial last round and know some of their scanners (Hi PL'eken ) and never did I see or hear about anything even remotly close to what is described in this thread. Quite the opposite, I know their scanners work hard to provide the alliance with all scans needed
But by all means, continue making up things about Denial so you might rally the universe to hit them again!

Some future stuff you can use:
- Denial ate my baby!
- VenoX poisoned my towns well and now everybody is sick!
- Last night when I looked through my window I saw Reese flying on a broomstick!
- Eksero used his dark magic to turn my girlfriend into a cow!
- Denial drugged me with sleeping pills so I didn't get up and crashed my fleet!
- My brothers wife's sister's uncle's girlfriend's best friend said that she has seen the AI that controls all Denial players! It was strategicly located next to the watercooler in her office building and looked like a plant!

While I have to agree that this now has taken a turn into something that slightly resembles a witch hunt, I'm quite confident that if the Denial hc's had made this issue into a full disclosure and kicked the people involved in the cheating right away, this would never have happened. (Well, the 5 ally gangbang on them would have, but they're winning anyways) Although the fact that it seems like that the Denial hc's have the political nose of a cro-magnon man, and the social skills of a hobo it seems to me like phil's analogy about a slowly occurring car crash is best fitting.
Unread 27 Jun 2008, 09:14   #55
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Although the fact that it seems like that the Denial hc's have the political nose of a cro-magnon man, and the social skills of a hobo it seems to me like phil's analogy about a slowly occurring car crash is best fitting.
That may be true, but that does not justify throwing made up cheating accusations at them just caus you (and I don't mean you personally kargool, I mean it in a general term) believe that what you said is possible so they have to be using it...

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Unread 27 Jun 2008, 10:13   #56
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese
There is no "they." To my knowledge 1 person appealed, and it was not myself or eksero. We took our punishment, apologized, and have moved on. End of story.

Secondly, Denial has no fleet launching bot, nor a bot that does any other type of game interfacing. The scan from url thing, that many allies use, is legal according to Cin. So no further interpretation needed there. Our scanners work very hard, and we are grateful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX
They were reset, re-opened, and then asked to be deleted. Atleast get it right.
I wont dwell on this as this isnt what this thread is about. But, Reese i am sorry but you did appeal. MHs wait for you to appeal/give your cause before they pass judgement so therefore you must of appealed its common procedure. But what i cant seem to understand is why you would first ask to be re-set (apparently the MH gave you the option no idea why) And then ask to be deleted when you can be deleted straight away and start from scratch? I never did understand that statement from Venox in another thread but thought it would be approriate here.

Edit: I Stand corrected they did mention the word 'Denial' in the first post. Although i wouldnt say this is a witch hunt against the whole of the alliance.

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder

Last edited by Assassin; 27 Jun 2008 at 10:21.
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2008, 11:14   #57
Reese
If not never; then once.

Reese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin
I wont dwell on this as this isnt what this thread is about. But, Reese i am sorry but you did appeal. MHs wait for you to appeal/give your cause before they pass judgement so therefore you must of appealed its common procedure. But what i cant seem to understand is why you would first ask to be re-set (apparently the MH gave you the option no idea why) And then ask to be deleted when you can be deleted straight away and start from scratch? I never did understand that statement from Venox in another thread but thought it would be approriate here.
phil was talking about a different appeal.... made on the day he posted... Which we had nothing to do with, that is what I am referring to... If you read all his posts, you can sort of map it together.

2nd as far as the reset/deletion/whatever it didn't happen how you are explaining it here. Those are not the correct facts. But this thread is not about this (supposedly) so I won't discuss it.
Unread 27 Jun 2008, 12:54   #58
zebra
h3ll's angels

zebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
That may be true, but that does not justify throwing made up cheating accusations at them just caus you (and I don't mean you personally kargool, I mean it in a general term) believe that what you said is possible so they have to be using it...
Who exactly has been saying this...? Sun_Tzu started the thread as a discussion of 'Interpretting the EULA' and has been using Denial's bot as a real world example. Mz explicitly said a Denial botnet was possible but he had zero proof whatsoever and his point was purely theoretical (in bold too, but communication skills don't seem to be the strong point in past and present Denial members). Phil^ was mostly talking about tech stuff or the specifics of the closures (from when 3 Denial HC cheated, if you'll recall). Going for false sympathy ftl.
Unread 27 Jun 2008, 12:54   #59
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Quote:
2nd as far as the reset/deletion/whatever it didn't happen how you are explaining it here. Those are not the correct facts. But this thread is not about this (supposedly) so I won't discuss it.
How i am explaining it? I am only going via what Venox said in another thread which can be found Here: http://pirate.planetarion.com/showpo...&postcount=162

Unless i am mistaken here i think you guys need to communicate better. (And yes that is a refference to the HC's of Denial becuase im sick of one sayinng somthing and another saying the complete opposite)

But anyway as you said we have 2 threads on this issue above already so ill stop protesting it. Im just getting anoyed with seeing in every thread a new story/lie from you guys. Its becoming sickening.

p3nguin Founder
Unread 27 Jun 2008, 15:06   #60
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

This seems pretty similar to bookmarking pages :/
Unread 27 Jun 2008, 15:38   #61
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

Quote:
They were reset, re-opened, and then asked to be deleted. Atleast get it right.
Quote:
Quote:
There, its all on one neatly flowing text for u to read and understand Assassin, I even bolded the part where ur facts are different to mine. Therefore, Reese isnt lying when she says this and nor is there a problem with our communication.

Quote:
Unless i am mistaken here.....But anyway as you said we have 2 threads on this issue above already so ill stop protesting it. Im just getting anoyed with seeing in every thread a new story/lie from you guys. Its becoming sickening.
Apparantly you were mistaken. Shame you let ur prejudice against Reese affect ur ability to read/understand/reply on a forum, thats whats sickening tbh.

Last edited by VenoX; 27 Jun 2008 at 15:44.
VenoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2008, 15:50   #62
Assassin
PA Ancient

Then this still doesnt make sense to me as this is how the MH proccess usally works:

1) They close you of course or warn you for abusing/cheating
2) You then of course are supposed to come to the mh channels and discuss with them your case (usally with the MH who has of course warnd/closed you)
3) Once you have given your story, and of course heard why they warned/closed you an agreement is then met (this is sort of the appeal proccess if you will)
4) If your not happy with the judgement of the MH in charge of the case you can appeal to the MH manager but we wont go into that as its the same proccess as said 3
5) You walk away and everyone is happy or not.

So where i am confused here is, how we managed to go from a closure, to a reset, to been re-oppend and then the HC of Denial asking to be deleted. Wouldnt it make more sense to just of course ask to be removed/deleted in the first place Venox? This is where i never got your statement/quote in the first place as it makes no sense to me. Especially as we spent around 5 pages on the other thread discussing how badly the MHs managed the case (ie i would of kept you closed and made you wait 10 days for auto deletion) which in those 5 pages we discovered the MHs gave you a choice and you (the players closed) asked to be reset/reoppend for the sake of the alliance. Im pretty sure even the MHs have let that slip and is common knowledge by now in the PA community.

So the MHs WOULD of discussed a reset and oppening your planet with you. Thats how it works im afraid. Unless sumone has changed the proccess here and the MHs bassicaly just read your minds and give out said punishments.

Btw while i seem to have both urself and Reeses attention before i actually stop posting regarding this issue can i get a statement on here as to why if you saw this as a legit tactic did you not inform your members of it and allow them to use it? Ive asked this question a good 4 times now in different posts and i keep been ignored. And once even on irc i was ignored. So may as well try for a 5th time now and see what happends.

But i wont post here again regarding this. Just thought id clear up how myself used to run the MHs department with closures/cases.

p3nguin Founder

Last edited by Assassin; 27 Jun 2008 at 16:37.
Unread 27 Jun 2008, 16:03   #63
VenoX

They were reset in the hope that with a planet still in game it wud encourage them to continue running the alliance. Without them, the alliance would have disbanded, atleast i wouldn't have continued running it without them. They then realised there was no point playing that planet still when everyone had their co-ords/hates them, so just asked for their planets to be deleted altogether. You may be right that the reset possibility was discussed. But you said they ASKED to be reset, i dont believe they had much of a choice. The whole "appeal" by Reese/eksero lasted less than an hour or so once the MH decission had been made final. They then accepted this and moved on.

This is where Phil has got so angry. Fiery told koks he should appeal to Phil and if he can convince him he'll be re-opened. This was TERRIBLE handling by our head MH since this guy (who isnt a MH or member of PAteam) then goes and rants at the whole Denial HC team on the forums, accusing them of all sorts and calling for Denial members to leave the alliance etc. Another wise move by PAteam.
Unread 27 Jun 2008, 16:14   #64
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Ignored again Ass
Unread 27 Jun 2008, 16:15   #65
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

amusingly thats the first ive heard about koks being referred to me, so no - thats not where ive got so angry.
It was the fact that people had even *tried* to appeal after being found guilty and confessing that pissed me off.
The very fact that you thought you could possibly get away with it, and the sheer audacity to even try. Its just beyond belief.

He never bothered to get in touch, by the way. Must have known that a snowball had a better chance in hell than convincing me what he ( and the others affected ) did was 'right'

Last edited by Phil^; 27 Jun 2008 at 16:21.
Phil^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2008, 16:23   #66
VenoX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
amusingly thats the first ive heard about koks being referred to me, so no - thats not where ive got so angry.
So why then did u get so angry suddenly about an appeal when koks was the only one that'd talked to the MH in days and then been referred to u by Fiery? Either way she must have been discussing this with u (which she shudnt have been doing since u hold no position in PAteam) and u chose to spam it all over the forums. Again, wise move.

And you really should learn to be careful with your "You"s and "Denial HC's". One person doesn't mean they're all guilty of whatever your problem is.
Unread 27 Jun 2008, 16:26   #67
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
So why then did u get so angry suddenly about an appeal when koks was the only one that'd talked to the MH in days and then been referred to u by Fiery? Either way she must have been discussing this with u (which she shudnt have been doing since u hold no position in PAteam) and u chose to spam it all over the forums. Again, wise move.
If the very very simple explaination for why its pissed me off so much escapes you, despite being made very easy for you and over multiple posts; then why on earth do i need to go and repeat myself once more to a halfwit incapable of reading and who is desperately trying to shift the blame/attention for all that ails you on the forums to the multihunters?
Unread 27 Jun 2008, 16:31   #68
VenoX

Quote:
If the very very simple explaination for why its pissed me off so much escapes you, despite being made very easy for you and over multiple posts; then why on earth do i need to go and repeat myself once more to a halfwit incapable of reading and who is desperately trying to shift the blame/attention for all that ails you on the forums to the multihunters?
Because you spread hatred and false accusations against a group of individuals for the actions of one. This makes u look like a halfwit, not me. So why was Fiery discussing this case with you in the first place? You failed to answer. And yes, its relevant. Im not arguing the validity of koks late appeal, I myself told him not to bother, but since this shud never have been discussed with u in the first place, who are u (good question btw) to then get so up ur ass against us (as opposed to JUST koks) for it?
Unread 27 Jun 2008, 16:38   #69
Phil^
Insomniac

Quote:
Because you spread hatred and false accusations against a group of individuals for the actions of one.
Really? It looks like you are doing this entirely to yourselves through trying to defend the indefensible. If you had half a brain or an iota of leadership you would simply try to let the thread die on its own without constantly stirring it up again.
Far from trying to make people hate Denial - Ive been pointing out how pathetically poor their leadership is. A point you continue to make for me.

Quote:
So why was Fiery discussing this case with you in the first place? You failed to answer. And yes, its relevant.
I was called into #multihunters to explain the technical aspects of how your scan system worked, along with an explaination of what browser plugins and http/html are to her (basically how you were able to cheat with it) a day or so earlier as she is not a technically minded person.
There was a massive log which was pasted to me in PM which i dissected in #multihunters, discussing with Cincinatus about it and gave my verdict on it all as to whether it broke the rules or not. See earlier in this thread for my conclusion.

Quote:
who are u (good question btw)
I used to RUN the multihunters, along with the support team for several rounds. Hell Im *still* part of one of the planetarion teams even today.
Im also one heck of a geek with a fairly decent technical knowledge which is why my opinion is asked for, or an explaination sought for things

Quote:
to then get so up ur ass against us (as opposed to JUST koks) for it?
'You' were all in this together, 'you' all decided to abuse an exploit for your own gain.
'You' are all entirely as bad as each other and this desperate fingerpointing just serves to underline how pathetic you all are.

note: incase you cant work it out. 'You' is collectively referring to those who abused the exploit. I really cannot be arsed naming each and every one of you, each and every time i refer to you

Last edited by Phil^; 27 Jun 2008 at 16:45.
Unread 27 Jun 2008, 16:59   #70
VenoX

Quote:
Really? It looks like you are doing this entirely to yourselves through trying to defend the indefensible. If you had half a brain or an iota of leadership you would simply try to let the thread die on its own without constantly stirring it up again.
Far from trying to make people hate Denial - Ive been pointing out how pathetically poor their leadership is. A point you continue to make for me.
Who's trying to defend anyone? All I'm interested in is that facts are reported correctly, and idiots like you arent able to accuse/blame a collective of people incorrectly for the actions of single persons, which is all your posting is serving/attempting to do, especially when they are so full of emotion.

The rest of the post is irrelevant, great so u know something, its good that someone who actually knew what they were talking about was involved and that Cin/Fiery trusted u to discuss the case with you. But I bet they also trusted u to be adult about it and not to react so publically, shoving accusations and blame in the direction of Denial as a whole who by and large are also innocent victims here.
Unread 27 Jun 2008, 17:11   #71
Phil^
Insomniac

Quote:
Who's trying to defend anyone? All I'm interested in is that facts are reported correctly, and idiots like you arent able to accuse/blame a collective of people incorrectly for the actions of single persons, which is all your posting is serving/attempting to do, especially when they are so full of emotion.
You would be surprised at how little emotion i have over denial, the alliance, as a whole. I really dont care about any alliance these days as a matter of fact.

Cheats on the other hand; theres a special reserve of vitriolic fury which i bring out just for them.
Blatant ones who try to get away with it incur the vast majority of my wrath with a little of it turned against those who attack the people with *the* most thankless and necessary job in the game - enforcing rules.
edit: Also those who defend those who cheat ( and not in an ingame sense ) or try to justify their actions. Those sorts annoy me as well.

Quote:
and not to react so publically, shoving accusations and blame in the direction of Denial as a whole who by and large are also innocent victims here.
You brought the blame upon yourselves, you really cant go crying about how the big bad forums people decided to take it out of your hide when you messed up big time.

The real victims here are the general community at large who deserve to have a game in which everyone can, and does play fair. It is a pity that there are people who would disagree with that and actively work to spoil the game for their own gains.

Last edited by Phil^; 27 Jun 2008 at 17:21.
Unread 27 Jun 2008, 17:42   #72
Gary
xVx Peon

Gary is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
why if you saw this as a legit tactic did you not inform your members of it and allow them to use it?
Can a Denial HC please answer this question?
Unread 27 Jun 2008, 18:24   #73
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra
Who exactly has been saying this...? Sun_Tzu started the thread as a discussion of 'Interpretting the EULA' and has been using Denial's bot as a real world example. Mz explicitly said a Denial botnet was possible but he had zero proof whatsoever and his point was purely theoretical (in bold too, but communication skills don't seem to be the strong point in past and present Denial members). Phil^ was mostly talking about tech stuff or the specifics of the closures (from when 3 Denial HC cheated, if you'll recall). Going for false sympathy ftl.
Sure, it may all be theoretical and they may just simply be uses as a real life example...
However there was absolutly no need to drag Denial into this. They could have simply said "alliance x" or not mention them at all.
To me, being an outside spectator, they just mention Denial just to put even more people on the anti-denial bandwagon making a post that has **** all to do with denial but accidently "mentioning" them even though they have no proof at all that Denial has a system like that in place or has used a system like that in the past.
If they would have had even the slightest bit of proof that Denial did use something like that I wouldn't mind but as it stands now they're just using the Denial name to fit into their (and probably yours too) propaganda

False cheating accusations FTL! (caus that's what this basicly is, even if it's only meant to be "theoretical" and a "real life example")

Unread 27 Jun 2008, 19:51   #74
Riddim
NewDawn Dinosaur

Riddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really nice

Quote:
why if you saw this as a legit tactic did you not inform your members of it and allow them to use it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJN
Can a Denial HC please answer this question?
I don't think we can expect an answer to this question, which makes you wonder..
[18:00] *** Myrdhin has quit IRC (u can't understand women if u never wore a bra !!)
Riddim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2008, 20:34   #75
zebra
h3ll's angels

(laggy) Double post :/

Last edited by zebra; 27 Jun 2008 at 20:49.
Unread 27 Jun 2008, 20:48   #76
zebra
h3ll's angels

Quote:
Sure, it may all be theoretical and they may just simply be uses as a real life example...
However there was absolutly no need to drag Denial into this. They could have simply said "alliance x" or not mention them at all.
To me, being an outside spectator, they just mention Denial just to put even more people on the anti-denial bandwagon making a post that has **** all to do with denial but accidently "mentioning" them even though they have no proof at all that Denial has a system like that in place or has used a system like that in the past.
If they would have had even the slightest bit of proof that Denial did use something like that I wouldn't mind but as it stands now they're just using the Denial name to fit into their (and probably yours too) propaganda

False cheating accusations FTL! (caus that's what this basicly is, even if it's only meant to be "theoretical" and a "real life example")
Except it's been stated there's no proof. No one has accused Denial of cheating (with regards to the topic of this thread). The Denial HC's are far better at anti-Denial propaganda than Sun_Tzu or anyone else could hope to be. Stop being overly defensive (which often has a positive correlation to guilt) and tell us your personal interpretation of the highlighted parts of the EULA.
Unread 28 Jun 2008, 00:00   #77
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Quote:
Except it's been stated there's no proof. No one has accused Denial of cheating (with regards to the topic of this thread).
Then why on earth do people feel the need to mention them at all?
If there's no proof or anything close to relating Denial to this topic then they should not be mentioned at all...

BTW: If people really believe that Denial had a system in place last round where you could just access all members account etc etc, then why the **** did they try to wake me up all those times in the middle of the night?

Unread 28 Jun 2008, 00:18   #78
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Then why on earth do people feel the need to mention them at all?
If there's no proof or anything close to relating Denial to this topic then they should not be mentioned at all...

BTW: If people really believe that Denial had a system in place last round where you could just access all members account etc etc, then why the **** did they try to wake me up all those times in the middle of the night?
Are you being intentionally dense?

Quote:
Sun_Tzu started the thread as a discussion of 'Interpretting the EULA' and has been using Denial's bot as a real world example. Mz explicitly said a Denial botnet was possible but he had zero proof whatsoever and his point was purely theoretical (in bold too, but communication skills don't seem to be the strong point in past and present Denial members). Phil^ was mostly talking about tech stuff or the specifics of the closures (from when 3 Denial HC cheated, if you'll recall). Going for false sympathy ftl.
Of course, this was before it got hijacked by what seems to be nothing more than a communication error between Denial HC and the community at large, here kindly represented by Phil.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2008, 00:41   #79
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game^
I can't believe people care this much about scanning to actually write this much about it!

ON NOES SCANS MIGHT BE READILY AVAILABLE?!?!

someone really does the miss the point.

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2008, 00:45   #80
Ghosteh
Pariah

Ghosteh is a jewel in the roughGhosteh is a jewel in the roughGhosteh is a jewel in the rough

Phil and lokken answered the issue about the scanbot a while ago. If there are no other thoughts about that, thread over?
Ghosteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2008, 11:13   #81
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

The hypothetical script we are talking about should clearly be disallowed for the single reason that extending an IRC client to automatically open all links that start with http://game.planetarion is trivial. In python, you'd say

Code:
import webbrowser
if link.startswith("http://game.planetarion"): webbrowser.open(link)
Assuming that there is a variable called link. This is here only for illustration.

It is trivial to make clients like x-chat, irssi and mIRC automatically open links, which actually gives you a botnet. Admittedly only for two hours at a time, but I don't think it should be very hard to come up with a way to get around this.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2008, 13:10   #82
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The bot checker is fairly trivial to crack, especially because the answer and the question are so mathematically connected.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 3 Jul 2008, 18:11   #83
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab
The hypothetical script we are talking about should clearly be disallowed for the single reason that extending an IRC client to automatically open all links that start with http://game.planetarion is trivial. In python, you'd say

Code:
import webbrowser
if link.startswith("http://game.planetarion"): webbrowser.open(link)
Assuming that there is a variable called link. This is here only for illustration.

It is trivial to make clients like x-chat, irssi and mIRC automatically open links, which actually gives you a botnet. Admittedly only for two hours at a time, but I don't think it should be very hard to come up with a way to get around this.
It's also trivial to simple write a script that sends a full HTTP request (as such, dear Phil^, your statement of 'simply switch GET vars to POST vars' does not really cut it there), then fetches the results and passes them back on to your IRC client. The API for such things is available on almost every system.
Unread 3 Jul 2008, 18:49   #84
Phil^
Insomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
It's also trivial to simple write a script that sends a full HTTP request (as such, dear Phil^, your statement of 'simply switch GET vars to POST vars' does not really cut it there), then fetches the results and passes them back on to your IRC client. The API for such things is available on almost every system.
Yes, i know that - and the moment it does its forbidden ( as i noted above ) as its directly interacting with the game.
In order to *perform* the full http request it needs to authenticate as a scanner.
Unread 7 Jul 2008, 16:37   #85
Spectator1
Unregistered User

Spectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to beholdSpectator1 is a splendid one to behold

Player needs to be logged in. The login question makes automatic login virtually impossible but through a less-then-2-hour-old cookie (which can just as easily be supplied as POST headers in mIRC's socket functionality) one could bypass the login.

With a proper script a scanner planet would only have to login after every other tick and the alliance would be able to utilize its scanning potential without further action required by the scanner.

How bad this would be to gameplay isn't even relevant. It is automation obviously beyond the scope of this game and definitely a violation of the EULA in its current wording.

About the bot supplied scan link itself. As long as a scanner still has to click it himself and has to supply (the link to) the resulting scan back into the bot (if applicable) himself the matter of actual automation is the typing of an url in the address bar of a browser. In the current wording of the EULA this is indeed still grey-area stuff but it has been deemed acceptable by the PA team and community in general for so long I can't even remember when it was started.

Earlier it was stated that gathering information was allowed. I disagree. Websites like sandmans use the official dumps and accumulate certain statistics by keep track of ALL the dumps it has collected over the ticks. It never accesses a page requiring login.

Anything that is not a default browser that collects info from the private (login or cookie required) PA pages is obviously in violation of the EULA. This includes Greasemonkey scripts, mIRC scripts using sockets, php using cURL/sockets and Javascript using XSS.

This post reflects purely my interpretation.

If I remeber correctly:
r1 LBF =LOST's Buccaneers Flotilla
r2&3 LBF (Information Officer)
r15 HA =Hidden Agenda
r16&17 HA (BC)
r18-23 HA (HC)
Currently on Hiatus
Spectator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2008, 18:07   #86
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectator1
The login question makes automatic login virtually impossible
No.