User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion

Unread 26 Mar 2004, 20:37   #1
Eidron
The Harsh Light of Day

Eidron is an unknown quantity at this point
Mandrake 10 Problem

Hi all. Today I tried updating my Mandrake 9.1 with 10...It didnt like it. Someone recommended installing fresh over 9.1. It worked until I got up to selecting packages. Then If I didnt select LSB it says "base pack not selected", and if I do select it it tells me that it has to install the 2.4 kernel. I press ok then it tells me "base pack not selected" again. Ahhhhh! any help?

You'll never see me but I am everywhere
Eidron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 21:01   #2
Eidron
The Harsh Light of Day

Re: Mandrake 10 Problem

It began to scare me so I decided to install 9.2 instead lol. No probs.

Unread 27 Mar 2004, 00:18   #3
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

you know about the easy urpmi website right ?

I've just started a 9.2 to 10 upgrade so far its going well in a 'I have to remove that to upgrade this and reinstall it later' sort of thing

Still hasnt figured out my RAID drives yet though

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2004, 14:38   #4
Eidron
The Harsh Light of Day

No I do not know about the said webiste. lol.

Unread 27 Mar 2004, 23:27   #5
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Go Here it's your Mandrake related friend

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 28 Mar 2004, 00:49   #6
Eidron
The Harsh Light of Day

Cool thanx...er now what do i do? lol.

Unread 28 Mar 2004, 01:39   #7
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

First of all select your version. It should default as 10. you could try the Cooker rpms but that path leads to stress and eventually a mad chainsaw run through your home town until you are shot down in the night by the police.

Select your nearest file mirrors from contrib, main, updates and plf and add a prefix. I use Mandrake_

click the proceed to step 3 button and you get a nice little list of your rpm sources.

Open a terminal as su to root (cause you are not logged on as root tight ? )

Copy the list and paste it into the terminal window

wait a bit

open the install software thingy and select lots of cool stuff

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 02:37   #8
Vodka

Vodka is an unknown quantity at this point

Last time I checked, Mandrake 10 was still in development phases. Hence why it's called community edition, and is only available to Mandrake subscribers, and not the general public. I wouldnt really entrust any program in beta phases to be the OS of my important computers.

I can't really help you with your actual problem, as Ive only run Mandrake 9.1 Before. I can, however, suggest you switch to SuSE. A muuch better distro ;-]
Vodka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 18:27   #9
Eidron
The Harsh Light of Day

Yay I bought myself a copy of Linux Format today with Mandrake 10 on it. Installed nice and easy. Lol. Id like to try SuSE but it costs money lol. Maybe in future, unless I can get a copy off my German friend.

Unread 18 Apr 2004, 20:10   #10
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

The other Linux mag has SuSe on it. Linux Developer or something

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 20:10   #11
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

And SuSe sucks arse

Edit: Actually a little unfair. SuSe just always feels a little 'unfinished' to me.

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !

Last edited by Vaio; 19 Apr 2004 at 15:56.