User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 26 Mar 2004, 03:33   #51
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [Football] So i'm not liking how Celtic barcelona is reminding me of Scotland Holland

While we were all caught up in the excitement of celtic progressing in europe and not having magnus hedman fluffing at crosses or rab douglas being so fat and slow he didn't actually make it onto the pitch in time for the second half we missed good old Liverpool being eliminated and Gerard "dear god how am I a premiership manager" Houllier blaming everyone bar himself for having a shit team, being unable to beat marseille at home and being good relegation candidates next season if they sell gerrard and owen. And how come Djimi Traore is paid 10 grand (at least) to sit on his ass all week and I'm called a drain on society.
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 03:35   #52
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [Football] So i'm not liking how Celtic barcelona is reminding me of Scotland Holland

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
While we were all caught up in the excitement of celtic progressing in europe and not having magnus hedman fluffing at crosses or rab douglas being so fat and slow he didn't actually make it onto the pitch in time for the second half we missed good old Liverpool being eliminated and Gerard "dear god how am I a premiership manager" Houllier blaming everyone bar himself for having a shit team, being unable to beat marseille at home and being good relegation candidates next season if they sell gerrard and owen. And how come Djimi Traore is paid 10 grand (at least) to sit on his ass all week and I'm called a drain on society.
Im not sure how selling owen would hinder the team but the rest of that sounds pretty much true

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 03:41   #53
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
Im not sure how selling owen would hinder the team but the rest of that sounds pretty much true

Yes because that Emile Heskey - El Hadji Diouf strikeforce sounds oh so threatening.

Better the devil you know than the two sunday league footballers who turn up for matches more in the hope rather than expectation of scoring goals. And when I say matches I mean the entire season.
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 03:47   #54
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Cisse / Baros sounds good to me to be honest. I'd play either of them over owen, baros at least looks like hes got a little heart and a little spark.

Owen is useless. I dont just think hes a bit overrated, i think hes useless.

Unread 26 Mar 2004, 03:52   #55
JonnyBGood
Banned

In fairness now you don't score goals past utterly shiet premiership defenders week in week off for the past zero years without being slightly good at getting out of bed on a saturday morning. Which is frankly more than can be said for good old Emile "i played for england once i did" Heskey.
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 11:19   #56
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

He scored a good goal yesterday
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 11:52   #57
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Let's hijack this thread back to how celtic will muder their youthful talent by not providing quality training grounds or re-assuring contracts (unlike rangers who immediately got burke and hutton to sign extended deals) and eventually kennedy and MArshall will get poached... :P

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 12:25   #58
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

Reidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to all

Quote:
You could really really hate them, but don't flatter yourself Theres very few derbies that compare to the heat of the Old firm.
Ours.

Also, i wouldn't use this against Mourinho, he's just about in the semi final of the CL. I also don't think celtic are world class, sorry if that annoys u but i dont. Theres no doubt they are a talented side, but over 10 games vrs barca i couldnt see them winning more than 3.
I also think that any1 that supports big clubs like Man utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Rangers or Celtic are fecking weak. Dismissing Pompys support to Celtics is bollocks mate, those lads on the south coast have to watch crap without winning anything. It all very well talking and defending celtic but the club is so big there bound to win something every five yrs or so, whereas Pompy, if they won the fa cup next season the reaction would be so big it would probably blow the city out into the fecking sea. Pompy are the 3rd best supporters i've come across after dortmund and hellas verona.

Blind Faith - FTM
Reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 12:34   #59
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of

your derby comes nowhere near the hatred of the Old Firm Game, don't even think that it does because it comes up miles short. I'm not saying that it's not important to you but you are playing in the minors when it comes to derby's compared to the Old Firm

edit, he isn't slagging Pompey fans off whatsoever, he is just pointing out Pompey vs Soton is nowhere near as volatile as an old firm game
Torz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 12:39   #60
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

Reidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torz
your derby comes nowhere near the hatred of the Old Firm Game, don't even think that it does because it comes up miles short. I'm not saying that it's not important to you but you are playing in the minors when it comes to derby's compared to the Old Firm

edit, he isn't slagging Pompey fans off whatsoever, he is just pointing out Pompey vs Soton is nowhere near as volatile as an old firm game
haha

Blind Faith - FTM
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 12:42   #61
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of

lmarotfl
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 12:53   #62
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

sorry, i just found your reply silly, i think you should perhaps do some homework on derby games. I'm not gonna defend myself in any way because theres no need

Blind Faith - FTM
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 13:03   #63
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Why are they called derby games?
Always annoys me on teletext, news, websites etc - always think they're on about the mighty rams but no - just a crap match between two sides close to each other.

Edit: Roma vs Lazio, Inter vs Ac etc I'm sure match old firm et al
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 13:07   #64
Torz
Up yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidy
sorry, i just found your reply silly, i think you should perhaps do some homework on derby games. I'm not gonna defend myself in any way because theres no need
What a cop out? Your clueless posts in this thread make me belive you've never been to another derby game apart from your own. You sound about as stupid as me saying the Dundee derby is as passionate as the Old Firm.

Like it or not the old Firm derby goes way beyond football.
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 13:29   #65
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Ours.

I also think that any1 that supports big clubs like Man utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Rangers or Celtic are fecking weak. Dismissing Pompys support to Celtics is bollocks mate, those lads on the south coast have to watch crap without winning anything. It all very well talking and defending celtic but the club is so big there bound to win something every five yrs or so, whereas Pompy, if they won the fa cup next season the reaction would be so big it would probably blow the city out into the fecking sea. Pompy are the 3rd best supporters i've come across after dortmund and hellas verona.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torz

Don't need to say any more than torz's reply, he covered it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
Quote:
Theres very few derbies that compare to the heat of the Old firm.
And you nailed the two i was thinking of.

Quote:
Also, i wouldn't use this against Mourinho, he's just about in the semi final of the CL. I also don't think celtic are world class, sorry if that annoys u but i dont. Theres no doubt they are a talented side, but over 10 games vrs barca i couldnt see them winning more than 3.
Mourinho called us strong armed cheaters which is quite ironic given the embarrassing state of his team. Had we last year, or man utd this year had this ref against porto they wouldnt have beaten either british team. Porto might have a not bad team but they play illegal football and Mourinho shouldnt run his mouth until he maybe sits down, reads the rules of football. I suggest the chapter entitled "Simulation".

And here we go, again. You see.. theres no winning for celtic. If we had lost here, or lost to Liverpool last year, everyone would have gone "first time you come up against a team of any prestige and you lose, you might be good but you arent great". Yet of course, when we beat them its a fluke, or we were "more up for it", or it was a one off or we were lucky or "anything can happen over 90 minutes once". Thats just arrogant. We wouldnt win more than 3 out of 10 games against Barcelona? Maybe not. Maybe we wouldnt even win 3. But the way i'm looking at it in three hours Barcelona didnt even manage to score ONE goal against Celtic and your already dismissing us.

Seriously, what do Celtic have to do in your eyes to prove they are a world class outfit? Hire Peter Mandleson to do the PR? Because we are a world class side, so much so that the way i see it the only three teams in the world that i'd make favourites to beat us at Parkhead are Milan, Arsenal, and Real Madrid. And even then..

Unread 26 Mar 2004, 13:40   #66
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

Seriously, what do Celtic have to do in your eyes to prove they are a world class outfit?
Pretty simple really, you have to do something in the Champions League. When someone says 'world class' to me it means a top 8 team, maybe better, not just a team that is successful for a few years in the UEFA cup.

I'm not dissing Celtic, hell i want them to go as far as they can until they play an English side. I support all British sides in European competitions. However, Celtic havent quite proved themselves in the Champs League yet, and until they do i dont think you can quite class them as world beaters.
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 13:41   #67
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'd like to see Peter Mandelson do the PR.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 13:47   #68
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Pretty simple really, you have to do something in the Champions League. When someone says 'world class' to me it means a top 8 team, maybe better, not just a team that is successful for a few years in the UEFA cup.

I'm not dissing Celtic, hell i want them to go as far as they can until they play an English side. I support all British sides in European competitions. However, Celtic havent quite proved themselves in the Champs League yet, and until they do i dont think you can quite class them as world beaters.
We aren't in the champions league latter stages because we **** up away from home. Barcelona are a better side than the teams that we failed against on our travels. Are Monaco a world class team? They are in the last 8 of the champions league remember. Celta vigo and stuttgart both made it to the last 16 in the champions league, teams we beat last year and could beat again. Porto are there. And like it or not, the UEFA cup is pretty god damn strong, secondary competition or not

Unread 26 Mar 2004, 14:01   #69
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Monaco? Porto? Vigo? Stuttgart?

We're talking sustained success here, Manchester United, Real Madrid, AC Milan, Juve except this season kind of deal.

A world class team doesn't screw up repeatedly, Deffeh.

Celtic are a good team, and you can only beat the teams you play, but the away form is just too bad.
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 14:16   #70
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Didnt seem so bad last night am i right am i right.

Unread 26 Mar 2004, 16:09   #71
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

A world class team would be a team with world class international players, i.e. players in the top international sides :brazil, holland, france, italy, argentina, spain etc..

I think taking one look at the celtic squad tells its own story

Suggesting AC and Inter is a major derby is laughable too, u're basing your rivalries on the reputation for clubs.
I've been fortunate enough to go to celtic / rangers and derby games in italy. Its not how many people know about a derby game that determines its importance but what it means to those involved.
I'm going to africa in july to study and coach football there and i'm expecting to find rivalries way beyond anything u talk about.
I would recommend reading around your subject, i subscribe to 'world soccer' you should try it, broaden your horizons and all that....

Oh, i nearly forgot, next time sunderland play newcastle u should come and watch, you never know what u might learn

Blind Faith - FTM
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 16:54   #72
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You can't deny Roma/Lazio though - look what happenned at the weekend.

Anyway fk all that, you're goin down 2moro!!
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 17:15   #73
FooFighter

FooFighter can only hope to improve

Marshall signed a 4yr deal

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/....asp?id=193508
FooFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 17:53   #74
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
You can't deny Roma/Lazio though - look what happenned at the weekend.

Anyway fk all that, you're goin down 2moro!!
POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 17:58   #75
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Burley on dcfc.co.uk
“Let’s hope we are one nil up going into injury time like we were when Sunderland visited Pride Park – but if they get a corner I’ll be asking someone to stand on Mart Poom’s bootlaces!”

Our manager's fun, urs isnt
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 18:00   #76
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Yeah, but according to www.safc.com 'Byfields ready to RAM IT HOME'.

Oh, the puns.
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 18:04   #77
Stew
Made of Twigs

Yeah yeah yeah but we print t-shirts when we win games!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfc.co.uk
THIS CUP BEAT 11 MUGS
Thank you to the hundreds of fans who voted by email in our Forest commemorative t-shirt competition.

Clear winner with a huge majority (more than 40% of the vote) was Andy Al****'s suggestion: "This Cup Beat 11 Mugs".

Next came "Vend It Like Peschy", followed in third place by "Kencosolido".

The t-shirt goes into production today and features the slogan, a picture of the now-famous plastic coffee cup that played a 12th man role for the Rams in our 4-2 victory over the Reds - and of course the final scoreline and the date of the game.
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 19:30   #78
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

http://www.a-love-supreme.com/shop/t...evarca_pic.jpg

and we honour our heros

Blind Faith - FTM
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 19:33   #79
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
I have one of dem
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 19:35   #80
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
I have one of dem
I dont get it, but you'll be glad to know the t-shirt I was on about before is now on sale!
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 19:44   #81
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
I dont get it, but you'll be glad to know the t-shirt I was on about before is now on sale!
Guevara + arca = guevarca.

http://www.chevy59.com/images/che.gif for the 'real'
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 22:51   #82
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Tbh, you'll never ever read about x amount of stabbing/murders between Sunderland/newcy/middlesboro fans each and every week in the paper basically over the teams they support, nor will you see the amount of stabbings and killings that happen on derby days and the day proceeding it.

Argentina and turkey and greece probably set the standard for violent derbies but honestly you tell me the last time a ref who's reffed your derby has had his head cracked open/house vandalised etc etc by the losing set of fans?

p.s. Tell me the last time a players career was wrecked at a north east derby just because he had one bad game in it.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit

Unread 26 Mar 2004, 23:16   #83
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

I think there’s probably violence at all derby games, were lucky to have avoided a fatality for over three yrs now, but you must bear in mind safc and nufc don't play each other as frequently as u lot up north We have 2 separate cities within the Tyne and wear conurbation to keep apart in too. Perhaps this is where the games differ as u seem to look for negatives like wrecking careers, whereas we look to make hero’s, hello Gary Rowell, not that I suppose u've heard of him

Blind Faith - FTM
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 23:16   #84
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Metro FM++
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 23:18   #85
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

Blind Faith - FTM
Unread 27 Mar 2004, 00:11   #86
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Why are they called derby games?
Always annoys me on teletext, news, websites etc - always think they're on about the mighty rams but no - just a crap match between two sides close to each other.

Inter v AC is nowhere NEAR as severe as several other derby matches.

Madrid v Barca is volatile, but Spanish cops dont take any shit from anyone, so theres never trouble because the individuals would get the shit kicked out of them.

Did someone manage to forget Galatasary v Fenerbahce?
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2004, 00:16   #87
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

so you're all agreed that what makes a good derby match is how violent the "fans" are, and what happens on the pitch doesn't come into it?
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2004, 00:20   #88
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
so you're all agreed that what makes a good derby match is how violent the "fans" are, and what happens on the pitch doesn't come into it?
Derby atmospheres will always be violent to begin with, and then will be influenced by events on the pitch. Gala v Fener is to my mind the most insane because unlike the big clubs who buy big players, both those teams are filled with home grown stars who know what it means to play for the club. Rangers and Celtic are a lot like that, but maybe not as intense as they were say 20 years ago. That said, the Italians are ****ing crazy when it comes to football, and you really dont want to attend a Napoli match if theres been an incident in the lead up.
Unread 27 Mar 2004, 00:29   #89
Stew
Made of Twigs

Surely Lazio fans are the worst?

I'm basing this on:
a) a documentary I saw on them
b) the fact their was a documentary on them!!
Unread 27 Mar 2004, 00:33   #90
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

Don't know about the worst, but pretty damn awful. I remeber seeing a programme a couple of years ago dealing with the antics of Lazio fans and those of some other club, possibly an Argentinian one. Not very friendly.
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2004, 00:36   #91
Stew
Made of Twigs

Yeah that was the one.

They went mental at trainin grounds and wanted to make sure every player that signed for them knew what was coming if they didnt show commitment.

Wierd though cos Italians never struck me as a very hard nation!!
Unread 27 Mar 2004, 00:37   #92
Evergreen
the merciless

Read up kura I mentioned that western european football doesn't have a scratch on argentinian/greek/turkish derbies.

Likewise for those curious about africa, I know in one african country companies stopped sponsoring teams as rivalries were so intense non supporter of said team would boycott said teams sponsor vehemently.

Unread 27 Mar 2004, 02:15   #93
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
Inter v AC is nowhere NEAR as severe as several other derby matches.

Madrid v Barca is volatile, but Spanish cops dont take any shit from anyone, so theres never trouble because the individuals would get the shit kicked out of them.

Did someone manage to forget Galatasary v Fenerbahce?

barca - real is no derby.
barca - espanyol is prolly the most notorious spanish derby i think.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2004, 02:20   #94
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
barca - real is no derby.
barca - espanyol is prolly the most notorious spanish derby i think.
Koen, you really need to think carefully on this one. Barca v Espanyol is nowhere NEAR the level that Barca v Real is, just as Real v Atletico is nowhere near the level of Real v Barca.

Think carefully about Spanish politics. The heroes of Catalunya versus President Franco's hand picked team of Madridistas. Add in elements like Ronaldo, Figo , Enrique and (formerly) Hierro, stir for 90 minutes, and call in the Riot Police.
Unread 27 Mar 2004, 02:30   #95
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Quote:
Koen, you really need to think carefully on this one. Barca v Espanyol is nowhere NEAR the level that Barca v Real is, just as Real v Atletico is nowhere near the level of Real v Barca.

Think carefully about Spanish politics. The heroes of Catalunya versus President Franco's hand picked team of Madridistas. Add in elements like Ronaldo, Figo , Enrique and (formerly) Hierro, stir for 90 minutes, and call in the Riot Police.

true but i was just stating that it's not a derby.
(and barca - espanyol is ehmm..."tricky" aswell...)
Unread 27 Mar 2004, 03:17   #96
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
true but i was just stating that it's not a derby.
(and barca - espanyol is ehmm..."tricky" aswell...)
Real Madrid v Rayo Vallecano is a Derby using your definition.
Unread 27 Mar 2004, 03:19   #97
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Real Madrid v Rayo Vallecano is a Derby using your definition.
Well, it is. Not as big as Athletico vs Real, but it's still sort of noted.
Unread 27 Mar 2004, 03:21   #98
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

a derby is a match with teams that are from the same region/city. they don't necesserely need to be hostile against each other (most of the time that is the case though).
Unread 27 Mar 2004, 04:59   #99
Evergreen
the merciless

I wish mods could ban people for being so wrong. Like Koen.

Scotland vs England is a derby of sorts given our international rivalry, we come from the same island.

Hence Real Madrid vs Barcelona is a derby in the same sense that Scotland vs England is. Likewise there is a lot of hatred towards figo, the traitor, pigs head on the pitch last season anyone?

Unread 27 Mar 2004, 09:53   #100
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

My Derby > Your Derby

Or that just what it seems this thread has turned into? heh