User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 29 Dec 2004, 21:00   #1
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
G-Mail Drive

Check it out

What GMail Drive does is basically create a virtual storage device on your PC.

This enables you to access your GMail storage and treat it just like you would a storage device. You can create folders, copy files, extract files, you name it!

Please note that this is still experimental software. Use at your own risk.

Excerpt from Gmail Drive's homepage:

Quote:
GMail Drive creates a virtual filesystem on top of your Google GMail account and enables you to save and retrieve files stored on your GMail account directly from inside Windows Explorer. GMail Drive literally adds a new drive to your computer under the My Computer folder, where you can create new folders, copy and drag'n'drop files to.
Ever since Google started to offer users a GMail e-mail account, which includes storage space of a 1000 megabytes, you have had plenty of storage space but not a lot to fill it up with. With GMail Drive you can easily copy files to your GMail account and retrieve them again.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2004, 23:09   #2
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Re: G-Mail Drive

Hm, it has been around a while as "googlefs" for linux. But for Windows this is new. Seems shiny.

But, you could as well go to GMX and get everything just as google (incl. 1GB), except the data-spying thing, PLUS you'd get your storage with a webdav-compatible interface, that lots of applications (e.g. explorer) support anyway.
Unread 29 Dec 2004, 23:24   #3
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

Yeah my friend's had that for a few years but I'm not German and even my GCSE German isn't sufficient enough to have me understand it
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2004, 23:39   #4
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Arrow Re: G-Mail Drive

Oh sorry, I thought they'd offer an international interface. I always thought you could easily switch languages somewhere...
Unread 30 Dec 2004, 00:03   #5
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetLinus
Hm, it has been around a while as "googlefs" for linux. But for Windows this is new. Seems shiny.

But, you could as well go to GMX and get everything just as google (incl. 1GB), except the data-spying thing, PLUS you'd get your storage with a webdav-compatible interface, that lots of applications (e.g. explorer) support anyway.
dont they take money for that? (or does google take money too?)

edit: ok, i just saw its free, ignore this. i didnt even notice they upgraded. They don't offer IMAP-acess for free now too, do they?
Unread 30 Dec 2004, 01:12   #6
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetLinus
Oh sorry, I thought they'd offer an international interface. I always thought you could easily switch languages somewhere...
they used to, but then decided to go "german only" a couple of years ago. I still use mine, but I struggle when changing the password etc
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote