User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 5 Sep 2004, 15:41   #1
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
If someone dropped something

Would you give it back to them and wait for a thank you?

Give it back and get no reply?

Keep it and use it, and if so, what would you use it for?

Keep it and give it away to some needy person? and why?

I would keep it. The saying goes "Finders keepers, Losers suck" - unless it's a condom or something.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 15:45   #2
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: If someone dropped something

It would be dependent on what it was they had dropped.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 16:14   #3
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: If someone dropped something

I would usually return it if possible, people normally do when I have dropped something.
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 16:31   #4
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

i'd probably give back keys or a wallet (with any cash in it "nicked by someone else"), but money/tickets to something (even if it sucked i could sell it on ebay) or whatever, i'd keep. unless i was feeling nice, which is rather rare.
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 16:59   #5
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Ive walked onto a cash machine and found a card in it, with the pin already input, and had the option to take out the days limit (£250) and then bin the card.

Suffice to say, i cancelled the transaction, walked into the branch and gave them the card. No thank you from the staff. No reward. So there you go, honesty gives you nothing more than a temporary ego boost. Nobody is grateful, nobody cares about your gracious action. You may as well just steal.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 17:41   #6
Flayer
Wankoverable

Flayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of light

You're all sick bastards, the kind of people that make this world a bad place. You should give it back, anything and always, because it's the RIGHT thing to do. Your karma will reward you sooner or later.
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 18:05   #7
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flayer
You're all sick bastards, the kind of people that make this world a bad place. You should give it back, anything and always, because it's the RIGHT thing to do. Your karma will reward you sooner or later.
**** Karma. Its a naive concept invented by people who couldnt see an immediate reward for an action which brought no immediate benefit. The feeble minded can continue to believe in it, personally ill treat each action I take on its own merits and not worry about some mythical, unprovable concept which may, or may not, reward me in the future based upon my actions.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 18:18   #8
Flayer
Wankoverable

Flayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of light

Just a second I forgot idealism died a long time ago...
I like karma, it makes me a better person. If everyone would think the same way the world would be a much better place. Until then, I start with myself.

PS: you do care about it, somehow (or you don't call it karma, whatever), otherwise you would have kept the money from the bank account.

edit: maybe it's just ethics, maybe I'm just BS'ing
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 18:18   #9
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

karma is bullshit. we were given free will for a reason: to steal stuff.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 18:20   #10
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

some weeks ago i was a the the trainstation and some tramp lost a metal tool. i think it was a selfmade pipe. didn't warn him because he didn't look very nice. i felt guilty afterwards though
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 19:05   #11
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Karma might be bs but guilt isnt.

what if that person relied on that 200 quid to feed their children or look after their sick mother in hospital.

all these things would go through my mind

and also the problem of being caught by cctv cameras watching the cash machine.....

id prefer not too keep looking over my shoulder.
It's not personal, it's just business.

Last edited by JammyJim; 5 Sep 2004 at 19:43.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 19:34   #12
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

i don't steal because my mummy and daddy raised me not to

they were too busy trying to turn me into a violent, racist, homophobic, bible-bashing psycho
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 20:47   #13
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Newsround says that anything up to £1 you're ok to keep, but above that you should take it to the nearest police station.
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 21:15   #14
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Arrow Re: If someone dropped something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
Ive walked onto a cash machine and found a card in it, with the pin already input, and had the option to take out the days limit (£250) and then bin the card.

Suffice to say, i cancelled the transaction, walked into the branch and gave them the card. No thank you from the staff. No reward. So there you go, honesty gives you nothing more than a temporary ego boost. Nobody is grateful, nobody cares about your gracious action. You may as well just steal.

Also, apparently they take photos from each person that does a money withdrawal (in Germany they do at least; although I don't know what you've got to do to get those pics for usage).
On the other hand, if you had taken some money, you couldn't have brought the card back (a bit suspicious, innit -- "hey, the last guy took the money, I just bring you the card"). And then you'd done two bad things really.

Just be good. Think about how angry you'd be with the ****er who had taken your money.
Or how happy and thankful you'd be to the person that brought it back.

Don't be an ass.

Even that self-made metal thingy: No worth for you, but maybe a great effort and value for the owner. You should've told him!
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 21:34   #15
Timeline
Dreamer in Pit of Hell

Timeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really niceTimeline is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
karma is bullshit. we were given free will for a reason: to steal stuff.
Actually free will is the decision not to steal anything or to do anything on the wrong side of the law.
Timeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 23:31   #16
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough

I like karma, not too hot and not too much onions...

oh wait, korma...
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 23:48   #17
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

Superpig #1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
Karma might be bs but guilt isnt.

what if that person relied on that 200 quid to feed their children or look after their sick mother in hospital.

all these things would go through my mind

and also the problem of being caught by cctv cameras watching the cash machine.....

id prefer not too keep looking over my shoulder.
This post has swayed me. It made me think, from now on im being a good boy...
This is a man in a wheelchair - &

and that was my sig.
Superpig #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 23:50   #18
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

Strippers earn £200 for dancing for 10 mins - I hardly call that hard work.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2004, 23:52   #19
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

Superpig #1 is infamous around these parts

But howd you know that person was a stripper??

Ask them??
This is a man in a wheelchair - &

and that was my sig.
Superpig #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2004, 13:23   #20
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

I'm inclined to hand it back, probably more so in recent times given the amount of lost/stolen property I've gone through (easily AUD $5000 worth in the last year or so).

I recall many years ago when I was a young lad finding a $20 note on the ground and handing it into the police station to which they said "Well if no-one claims it within a couple of weeks we'll give you a call and you can have it". It wasn't till several years later I realised what a fool I was for most probably having just shouted them lunch or something.
Unread 8 Sep 2004, 14:02   #21
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

You know, it'd be tempting to hand in £20 to a police station, then get a friend to go in 10 minutes later and claim he lost £20.
Unread 8 Sep 2004, 14:07   #22
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

You know... every time I read this threads title I keep thinking of soap.
Unread 8 Sep 2004, 14:14   #23
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I'd give it whatever it was back because that's what I'd like someone to do for me.
Unread 8 Sep 2004, 14:19   #24
Zword
more then you can ever be

Zword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by midge5
I would usually return it if possible, people normally do when I have dropped something.

same , unless it was just some money. That's then to damn bad for them :P
(20:55:52) (@w2k) if registrations are disabled how did spinner sign up :\
(20:56:29) (@w2k) spinner isnt cool anymore

(06:41:50) (Shai-gar) Add meaple to Your Ignore List
(06:42:00) (Ghosteh) why?
(06:42:24) (Shai-gar) i dislike the ****
(06:42:37) (Ghosteh) heh

/me likes meaple <3
Zword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2004, 14:24   #25
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

For the guilt factor, I usually give stuff back. Otherwise it just nags and nags at me.
Unread 8 Sep 2004, 14:26   #26
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Question Re: If someone dropped something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
You know... every time I read this threads title I keep thinking of soap.
You have a fixation with buggery, then, don't you?
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2004, 14:32   #27
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

Depends on how busy the area is and how much. Around university I'd probably hand it to the porter because we're all best friends and I already have enough money.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2004, 15:04   #28
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
You have a fixation with buggery, then, don't you?
As long as I'm not on the receiving side.
Unread 8 Sep 2004, 18:26   #29
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If there's any realistic way of identifying who the person was who dropped it then I give it back. Mainly for the reasons djbass outlines - I've lost a lot of stuff.

With actual cash though, it's difficult as handing it back to the police seems a bit ridiculous. If it was a big bag of cash (say, £5000) then I'd be wondering about what the person needed it for. With most physical items (say, a mobile phone) it's infinitely easier to hand it back.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2004, 19:16   #30
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: If someone dropped something

I'd return it to it's owner, if possible. If they wanted to thank me, that'd be OK too, but not necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
With actual cash though, it's difficult as handing it back to the police seems a bit ridiculous. If it was a big bag of cash (say, £5000) then I'd be wondering about what the person needed it for.
If I found a big bag of cash I'd turn it over to the police. In the US, unclaimed cash generally becomes the property of the finder if no one claims it after a certain period (and if it were ill-gotten gains, no one is likely to step forward and claim it).
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Sep 2004, 08:57   #31
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

The most I've ever found was a tenner. I kept it. I wouldn't expect anyone to hand in a tenner if I lost one, and I wouldn't go to the police about it.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Sep 2004, 10:44   #32
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

It depends greatly. I'm kinda against stealing from private persons (Not private companies, mind you), so I would most probably return things if possible. But if I just found money on the street, I would not give it to the cops so they got more sausuages or whatever. I found 500kr once, I gave 150 to the nearest beggar I found. Of course, that was probably some get-away-from-guilt-thing, but who cares.

If I did find a wallet, or a cell phone, I would check it out before I turned it it. If it belonged to some middle-classs wanker or a rich kid, I would grab everything and never feel bad.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Sep 2004, 10:53   #33
Zword
more then you can ever be

Zword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snurx
I found 500kr once, I gave 150 to the nearest beggar I found. Of course, that was probably some get-away-from-guilt-thing, but who cares.
Bet the beggar was pretty happy to get 150 from you. /me thinks he was drunk that evening .
(20:55:52) (@w2k) if registrations are disabled how did spinner sign up :\
(20:56:29) (@w2k) spinner isnt cool anymore

(06:41:50) (Shai-gar) Add meaple to Your Ignore List
(06:42:00) (Ghosteh) why?
(06:42:24) (Shai-gar) i dislike the ****
(06:42:37) (Ghosteh) heh

/me likes meaple <3
Zword is offline   Reply With Quote