User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 26 Aug 2005, 17:54   #1
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society
DVD rip software

Here's what I'm after, some free software for ripping and then editing DVDs, not too much to ask for is it?

What do you lot use/recommend?
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 18:07   #2
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: DVD rip software

dvd decrypter (for decoding), dvd shrink (if you just want the movie or the movie with the normal menus), dvd author (if you want to create your own dvd with menus and stuff)
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 18:11   #3
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

what if I want to steal bits of it for an avatar?
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 18:38   #4
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire_lestat
1-X (He's open source, but don't tell his lass that...)
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 19:07   #5
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

dvd shrink works for me
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 20:38   #6
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire_lestat
like some picture? insert dvd into dvd-rom, start power dvd, press print, start photoshop, press ctrl + v?
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 21:00   #7
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Phil^ recommended an excellent peice of software for ripping DVDs. But as P&IT seems to have been culled, and I no longer have the software, you're out of luck.*

Editing I don't know.

*If I remember I'll PM you.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2005, 03:32   #8
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Arrow Re: DVD rip software

Usually DVD-Shrink works great for me (make sure to get version 3.2 or better, some improved quality features in there).

ratDVD is something new, creates about 1GB or 2GB files, that contain the whole DVD in just 1 file, and that are windows media player combatible (apparently, or it says so). The new standard for p2p (some people say). Tried the program, was too eary of a beta version IMO.

Or: Just use DVDShrink or SmartRipper to rip a movie, and then edit the vob-files directly using VirtualDubMod or Virtual Dub for MPEG2 (free download).