User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 9 Mar 2016, 11:11   #451
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of
Re: R65. Who wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypton View Post
By having fellow planets sat allianceless or in another tag as invariably happens. They claim from the same targets either way. There's a quote lying around somewhere from a certain HC saying they have 100 planets claim on their raids (possibly an exaggeration on his part as he does like to exaggerate).
FL/CT/ND/p3ng all claimed from the same targets, are they teh same alliance?

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 11:16   #452
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksero View Post
He has been in ult a couple of times, but hasn't been closed when he was ult.
He is a known criminal, and you have no issue letting him in even though you know by history, he is very likely to cheat.

Unread 9 Mar 2016, 11:26   #453
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
He is a known criminal, and you have no issue letting him in even though you know by history, he is very likely to cheat.
We gave him a chance, and he did nothing wrong while in Ult.

But if you're going to go down that route, why don't you also question why CT let elviz keep on playing with them after getting closed multiple times?
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 11:30   #454
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Criminal....lol
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 11:34   #455
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba
Criminal....lol
He does steal car radios in his spare time... or so people say!
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 11:43   #456
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:

But if you're going to go down that route, why don't you also question why CT let elviz keep on playing with them after getting closed multiple times?
Well i wouldnt know what he did in Ultores, but ive heard that Krypton/ReaperSix/Rogues kept defending him when he did get caught cheating while in their alliance.

Unread 9 Mar 2016, 12:14   #457
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough

nice troll BB. The key to a good troll is an element of truth!
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 12:15   #458
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
FL/CT/ND/p3ng all claimed from the same targets, are they teh same alliance?
No. They do not start out each round to work together or be a part of the same unit, contrary to what you may say publicly.
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 13:21   #459
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
No. They do not start out each round to work together or be a part of the same unit, contrary to what you may say publicly.
So we will see ND warring CT/P3nguins next round then i bet

Unread 9 Mar 2016, 13:43   #460
ReaperSix
Anti-Paperboy

ReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really nice

Quote:
So we will see ND warring CT/P3nguins next round then i bet
P3ng and CT fought last round genius
ReaperSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 14:07   #461
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Okay this is grating my cheese now: if you're going to debate cheating at least give some description why you think it's true or link us to the evidence so the forum can form it's own opinions rather than discuss unsupported accusations. And 'lol ur trolling' in response isn't good enough either.
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 14:22   #462
Wouter

Wouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
Okay this is grating my cheese now: if you're going to debate cheating at least give some description why you think it's true or link us to the evidence so the forum can form it's own opinions rather than discuss unsupported accusations. And 'lol ur trolling' in response isn't good enough either.
There is no evidence of anything, that is the whole problem. They started claiming the evidence has been given to the MH(cause they cant discuss cases with the community). But it hasn't. I have no idea what their original goals were but it is pathetic.
Wouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 14:23   #463
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Indeed. CarDi can be a model player when he wants to be.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 14:28   #464
Wouter

Wouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperSix View Post
P3ng and CT fought last round genius
Lol, do you even read what people say before commenting on it? He says that ND will not hit P3ng or CT again. He never said anything about CT and P3ng hitting eachother.

I do know for a fact CT & ND are allied already for next round though. When I declared war on CT(for next round), ND said they would be forced to war us again.
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 14:43   #465
ReaperSix
Anti-Paperboy

ReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter View Post
Lol, do you even read what people say before commenting on it? He says that ND will not hit P3ng or CT again. He never said anything about CT and P3ng hitting eachother.

I do know for a fact CT & ND are allied already for next round though. When I declared war on CT(for next round), ND said they would be forced to war us again.
I read it and got it. You seemed to miss it.
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 14:59   #466
Wouter

Quote:
I read it and got it. You seemed to miss it.
Brilliant, you read it again and you STILL did not understand.
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 15:01   #467
Krypton
KK

Quote:
When I declared war on CT(for next round), ND said they would be forced to war us again.
Seems like another bad decision on your part then, but I guess it's all the other allies fault.

I mean, you are an angel who at no stage becomes disrespectful, dishonest, rude, arrogant without justification or that plays fast and loose with the limits that we all abide by.

Perhaps now is a good time to round up the support tags and planets again.
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 15:11   #468
Wouter

Quote:
I mean, you are an angel who at no stage becomes disrespectful, dishonest, rude, arrogant without justification or that plays fast and loose with the limits that we all abide by.
People start neutral to me. With stupid comments they lose respect before they gain any. For example you and reaper6, I see no reason why I should be respectful to morons. It is a waste of my time and with no amount of work will I be able to improve any of your views. Now judging me being rude and arrogant towards people I disrespect in the first place, it is not very uncommon.

Me being dishonest? In no conversation have I ever hid the fact that I like or dislike someone. I am absolutely being honest when I question your intelligence. That you disagree with anything matters little to me, to me you are a waste of space.

Now lets run a test.
You Krypton applied to Ultores and got denied. Why?
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 15:24   #469
Wouter

Quote:
Wouter I know your English is pretty weak but please stop while you're behind. Read both posts he's claiming we all operate together like your support tags.
No he hasn't. You making things up will still not change that you missread his post and commented badly on it. He claimed that last round FL/CT/ND/P3ng worked as a unit. Supporting eachother for the win, which was done anyway and no one will deny you played like that.

Then he stated for next round, while being an ND member that ND will most likely not target CT or P3nguins. You reading more into it does not mean you are right. What he said remains the same.

Quote:
Yes I agree you are a dick to everyone. Personal issues?
Do you really wonder why I question your intelligence?
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 15:26   #470
Krypton
KK

Brief History

At no stage did I/would I apply.

You tried to poach me to Euphoria when you first left p3n, which I rejected (round 38 I believe?). At no stage have I wanted to be a part of an alliance that you are HC of.
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 22:08   #471
Atilla

Atilla has a spectacular aura aboutAtilla has a spectacular aura aboutAtilla has a spectacular aura about

Wow this escalated quickly, went from funny cute to sad and pathetic real quickly. Way to go peeps, waaaay toooo go.
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 22:39   #472
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
Wow this escalated quickly, went from funny cute to sad and pathetic real quickly. Way to go peeps, waaaay toooo go.
Thread moderated, mainly for my sanity. This argument is probably dead but ill let this thread run for 24 hours and see if anything productive happens.

Disappointing when HC type players set a terrible example for the rest. Unimpressive.
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 22:51   #473
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
PS: Do you know why Faceless and BF def is so superior to P3ng defence?
Reading through the last two pages this was never answered and I am genuinely interested in whether you have another explanation beyond the obvious two points that I think have already been discussed; that p3n has no DCs and that the alliance focuses on offence (and prelaunched offence at that) so never has enough ships to defend.

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2016, 23:22   #474
Wouter

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji View Post
Reading through the last two pages this was never answered and I am genuinely interested in whether you have another explanation beyond the obvious two points that I think have already been discussed; that p3n has no DCs and that the alliance focuses on offence (and prelaunched offence at that) so never has enough ships to defend.
Generally alliances like BF and FL tell their members to have value into def ships. In general CT, ND and P3ng mostly ignore def ships. If you need to wake up 1 person to cover an inc instead of 2/3, covering calls becomes alot easier.
Unread 10 Mar 2016, 00:01   #475
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Generally alliances like BF and FL tell their members to have value into def ships. In general CT, ND and P3ng mostly ignore def ships. If you need to wake up 1 person to cover an inc instead of 2/3, covering calls becomes alot easier.
to be fair this is probably been your best post of the thread. I do admire the def culture at ULT

however, those astrotores PL def fleets did save your ass on quite alot of occasions no denying that and if game mechanics prevented cross alliance defending the result would be interesting
Unread 10 Mar 2016, 00:29   #476
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
to be fair this is probably been your best post of the thread. I do admire the def culture at ULT

however, those astrotores PL def fleets did save your ass on quite alot of occasions no denying that and if game mechanics prevented cross alliance defending the result would be interesting

Give him no credit he has just reworded what I said the stats thread yesterday :P
Unread 10 Mar 2016, 00:38   #477
Wouter

Quote:

This was the first time Ultores get out of tag defense really. To me it would be more interesting to have someone try to create even blocks and have a decent round. When you have 4 full tags make commitments to stop Ultores from winning, having those planets not play would be like shooting ourselfs in the foot. It really no longer is a secret alliances like ND and CT prefer huge gangbangs over a fair blockwar. ND purposely tells their members to only build attack ships and tells their members to crash value to hurt Ultores.

Realisticly though, any other alliances would have lost most their activity. Getting 140 incoming average a day is alot.
Unread 10 Mar 2016, 00:48   #478
ReaperSix
Anti-Paperboy

Quote:
This was the first time Ultores get out of tag defense really. To me it would be more interesting to have someone try to create even blocks and have a decent round. When you have 4 full tags make commitments to stop Ultores from winning, having those planets not play would be like shooting ourselfs in the foot. It really no longer is a secret alliances like ND and CT prefer huge gangbangs over a fair blockwar. ND purposely tells their members to only build attack ships and tells their members to crash value to hurt Ultores.

Realisticly though, any other alliances would have lost most their activity. Getting 140 incoming average a day is alot.

So you finally admit they are your support tags?

In regards to your post that p3ng ignores def ships and I don't know about your time in p3ng. We set a value % minimum for what we need. Perhaps the % could be higher but we are an attack focused alliance as you know so we generally will have a higher focus there. You know you will get hammered by the other alliances as I expect will occur again next round. We expect a lighter load of incs so the attack ships are of greater value to us.
Unread 10 Mar 2016, 01:09   #479
Wouter

Quote:
So you finally admit they are your support tags?

In regards to your post that p3ng ignores def ships and I don't know about your time in p3ng. We set a value % minimum for what we need. Perhaps the % could be higher but we are an attack focused alliance as you know so we generally will have a higher focus there. You know you will get hammered by the other alliances as I expect will occur again next round. We expect a lighter load of incs so the attack ships are of greater value to us.
Why do you have such a hard time reading what people say. Astatores is a single tag and no one ever denied its connection to Ultores. Were there planets in Astatores that signed up to help out Ultores, yes there were. Did all planets signup to help Ultores? No they didnt.

My time in P3nguins was short cause of the different opinions about defending and attacking. Munkee has always found attacking alot more important than defending, back then M0RPH3US, Mystic and myself disagreed with it and decided to do something else instead. It still reflects P3nguins today though, what CT, ND and P3ng have in common is small def fleets. It forces them to make alot of deals cause it simply is the only reason to stop roid loss.
Unread 10 Mar 2016, 01:14   #480
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

I do sympathise to a degree with the political landscape that ULT has due to the military management that You have instilled at ULT (the only flaw I can gather from ult is that the members in ULT don't socialise with each other in channels etc compared to other alliances)

Niccolò Machiavelli's art of war ( https://www.goodreads.com/ebooks/download/99324?doc=732 <---- free read) (even sun tzu's art of war at www.sonshi.com but machiavelli's is more political and sun tzu is more military imo) will explain how to break up alliances and to forge better ones yourself.
Unread 10 Mar 2016, 01:23   #481
Wouter

Quote:
I do sympathise to a degree with the political landscape that ULT has due to the military management that You have instilled at ULT (the only flaw I can gather from ult is that the members in ULT don't socialise with each other in channels etc compared to other alliances)

Niccolò Machiavelli's art of war ( https://www.goodreads.com/ebooks/download/99324?doc=732 <---- free read) (even sun tzu's art of war at www.sonshi.com but machiavelli's is more political and sun tzu is more military imo) will explain how to break up alliances and to forge better ones yourself.
I have no idea how my members act in other channels but in our private channels there is chatter 24/7 pretty much. Your assumptions that there isn't is kind of weird to me.
Unread 10 Mar 2016, 01:30   #482
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
I have no idea how my members act in other channels but in our private channels there is chatter 24/7 pretty much. Your assumptions that there isn't is kind of weird to me.
I'm going the testimony of several alliance members (past and current) and their experience from their time at ULT and other alliances.

I'm not saying ULT are social recluses nor am I taking the piss or AD point scoring but good "banter" amongst the ranks does help moral.
Unread 10 Mar 2016, 02:04   #483
ReaperSix
Anti-Paperboy

Quote:
Why do you have such a hard time reading what people say. Astatores is a single tag and no one ever denied its connection to Ultores. Were there planets in Astatores that signed up to help out Ultores, yes there were. Did all planets signup to help Ultores? No they didnt.

My time in P3nguins was short cause of the different opinions about defending and attacking. Munkee has always found attacking alot more important than defending, back then M0RPH3US, Mystic and myself disagreed with it and decided to do something else instead. It still reflects P3nguins today though, what CT, ND and P3ng have in common is small def fleets. It forces them to make alot of deals cause it simply is the only reason to stop roid loss.
Thank you for confirming waterboy
Unread 10 Mar 2016, 02:10   #484
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I'm going the testimony of several alliance members (past and current) and their experience from their time at ULT and other alliances.

I'm not saying ULT are social recluses nor am I taking the piss or AD point scoring but good "banter" amongst the ranks does help moral.
I find it hard to believe that when a team is motivated enough to win that there isn't a social element inside the alliance.

Ultores (to my knowledge) has two maybe three defence coordinators that oversee and run the entire military within the alliance where members act as drones (this is not an accusation of cheating but merely that members do as they're ordered).

Black Flag had a similar setup. In-fact, we used Ultores' strategy of defence planets (dedicated members to spam one maybe two defence ship types) to easily cover large waves. There was still a lot of socialising. I'm quite sure Ultores socialises too.

Last edited by Clouds; 10 Mar 2016 at 02:19.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2016, 04:26   #485
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
I find it hard to believe that when a team is motivated enough to win that there isn't a social element inside the alliance.

Ultores (to my knowledge) has two maybe three defence coordinators that oversee and run the entire military within the alliance where members act as drones (this is not an accusation of cheating but merely that members do as they're ordered).

Black Flag had a similar setup. In-fact, we used Ultores' strategy of defence planets (dedicated members to spam one maybe two defence ship types) to easily cover large waves. There was still a lot of socialising. I'm quite sure Ultores socialises too.
Ive not played a full round at ultores so I couldn't comment from a personal point of view.

I have played at BF before I did get some good chuckles so I get the BF angle.
Unread 10 Mar 2016, 06:40   #486
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Appreciate you may believe it is always ultores vs. Universe but having being on both sides I know you simply do not operate in a 1 on 1. There is always ultores tag grounding whilst letting the likes of hr or bows do your dirty work for you. Whether that's an increase in gal raids or flat out ptarget. I bet there isn't a single ally that has fought ult and not had heroes start fleet catching their players or doing lolwaves. The same as last round there were astaures planets hitting p3ng the same time ult were.

Because of the above and knowing regardless to how day 1 of hitting ult starts it always ends the same way from your side then other alliances organise their deals first before hitting you. You already have your friends to call on the same as everyone else does. This is a numbers game. If we count your tag that's 60 plus astaures who were on 25, which you have admitted are your other members then why would anyone attempt a 1 on 1 when they are likely outnumbered 2 to 1 before it starts? You can act like you have the giant e-dick here but a large factor to your alliance operations comes down to fleet numbers and not just the usage of those fleets as you claim. I would certainly not engage alone in a war where I have 45 members vs a potentiall ally of 85 especially considering my idler def planets and scanners are probably contributing to my alliance score at that point.

Ultores won't die off in a war even after crashing themselves senseless because you have a minimum of 20 planets taking the next role of the 40th counted member. Last round you crashed huge amounts of value and I believe the 40 counted was probably one of the few reasons you managed to stick us out for so long.
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2016, 07:09   #487
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkee View Post
Appreciate you may believe it is always ultores vs. Universe but having being on both sides I know you simply do not operate in a 1 on 1. There is always ultores tag grounding whilst letting the likes of hr or bows do your dirty work for you. Whether that's an increase in gal raids or flat out ptarget. I bet there isn't a single ally that has fought ult and not had heroes start fleet catching their players or doing lolwaves. The same as last round there were astaures planets hitting p3ng the same time ult were.

Because of the above and knowing regardless to how day 1 of hitting ult starts it always ends the same way from your side then other alliances organise their deals first before hitting you. You already have your friends to call on the same as everyone else does. This is a numbers game. If we count your tag that's 60 plus astaures who were on 25, which you have admitted are your other members then why would anyone attempt a 1 on 1 when they are likely outnumbered 2 to 1 before it starts? You can act like you have the giant e-dick here but a large factor to your alliance operations comes down to fleet numbers and not just the usage of those fleets as you claim. I would certainly not engage alone in a war where I have 45 members vs a potentiall ally of 85 especially considering my idler def planets and scanners are probably contributing to my alliance score at that point.

Ultores won't die off in a war even after crashing themselves senseless because you have a minimum of 20 planets taking the next role of the 40th counted member. Last round you crashed huge amounts of value and I believe the 40 counted was probably one of the few reasons you managed to stick us out for so long.
I didn't see him mention 1v1 anywhere.

Of course everyone has allies but you can't compare having a 25 man and 20 man tag as being on par with 4 full tags. As you say it's a numbers game and FL, p3n, CT and ND are 240 ppl so off they will try and get an equal amount of people to counter that.

With your attack minded nature as a collective I still fail to see why you didn't manage to wipe ult out. A lot is made of how you prefer attack over defence but it seems your attacks aren't as potent as you make out.

Although I appreciate you achieved your personal objective of an 'anyone but ult win' do you not feel it slightly hollow in the fact that such a large and experienced team was not able to deliver a death blow to them?
Unread 10 Mar 2016, 07:46   #488
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Generally alliances like BF and FL tell their members to have value into def ships. In general CT, ND and P3ng mostly ignore def ships.
Unfortunately I doubt fiddling with setting def ships is going to make much difference to us.

Atm p3n tends to demand about a third of value in whatever defship your race is supposed to be building with makes a reasonable amount of sense when we are almost always 2 fleet attack (and I can't be sure people stick to that requested amount). Last round was a bit of an exception in that def ships were often the same as attack ships, so xans were asked to build ghost and phants both of which were core elements of our attack fleets while ziks had to build clippers, another attack ship. As a result the real problem came not with the value of the defending fleets but with them often not being around to defend.

What we do seem to be slowly having more of that seem to me to make a big difference to ult is def planets with only one or two ships as all their value. Ultimately if p3n continues down the road of having more planets like this then the alliance will need to turn more like ult in play style - already this has been part of a cause in a drop in attack activity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Although I appreciate you achieved your personal objective of an 'anyone but ult win' do you not feel it slightly hollow in the fact that such a large and experienced team was not able to deliver a death blow to them?
A death blow against another alliance has always been very difficult to achieve assuming the other side has the morale not to simply surrender. Ult started the war with with more value than anyone else so could afford to lose roids and not have as many as competitors for a while. And like munkee I suspect the 40 counting tag has made it even harder. Perhaps notable that even once p3n had caught ult on value (before several members were kicked) p3n had not caught up in score due to lacking in xp compared to other alliances. While this is partially down to nub raiding at the start it is also a result of a period for 100-150 or so ticks before it became a full block war where it was near enough one on one with ult and p3n (with help from fl but I don't think fully targeting at this point) never landed anything while ult gained lots of defence xp.

Otterly an Otter.

Last edited by booji; 10 Mar 2016 at 08:01.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2016, 09:20   #489
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:

Haha, funny that you claim HR is doing Ults dirty job.
HR only cares for roids they can catch, and p3ng is easy roids, maybe thats why it feels like HR is this working horse of ult.

Unread 10 Mar 2016, 09:33   #490
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Haha, funny that you claim HR is doing Ults dirty job.
HR only cares for roids they can catch, and p3ng is easy roids, maybe thats why it feels like HR is this working horse of ult.
Certain allies always p-target HR every chance they get for some easy roids and then act all surprised when HR sides with their enemies

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2016, 11:43   #491
Wouter

Quote:
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=201119
Lets go over Astatores+HEROES hits:
Norsemen 145 , FL 71 , CT 78 , P3ng 71 , ND 394 , RB 70 , HR 64
Judging by those stats. Claiming they actively hit you is kind of pathetic. The only reason why ND has gotten so many incoming is cause they actively ptargetted them aswell.

Quote:
Again you missread a post of mine. Yes I claimed Astatores was there to support Ultores. I also made clear that not every planet in that tag plays to support Ultores. Now lets go over how you engaged in a war, from what I can see you went into it with 55 members, not 45. No idea where you lost 10 members. At the same time Astatores had 21 members when you engaged. So you added 4 members there, I have no idea why you bother to reduce your own numbers while adding numbers to your opponents. This is a common thing though, it is called victim mentality.
Also I have never stated a 1 on 1. But blockwars you claim Ultores has all allies ready to hit our enemies when a war starts. Which is untrue and can be easily shown on the stats again.
Day 22 is the day Ultores started getting block incoming. It took 12 days for one of our enemies at the time to get over 100 incoming fleets in a night. Which was largely due to Ult ungrounding themselfs and giving over half of those incoming fleets.

Quote:
You are naive to think incoming does not affect an alliance. Do you honestly think having 140 incoming fleets a night at average wouldnt affect your members? Hell its a wonder not more value got crashed over the round. What you seem to forget though, is that P3nguins crashes plenty aswell with an average of 44 incoming fleets a night.
Unread 10 Mar 2016, 12:35   #492
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Lets go over Astatores+HEROES hits:
Norsemen 145 , FL 71 , CT 78 , P3ng 71 , ND 394 , RB 70 , HR 64
Judging by those stats. Claiming they actively hit you is kind of pathetic. The only reason why ND has gotten so many incoming is cause they actively ptargetted them aswell.
I believe if you read the post (which you keep saying others dont ironically) you would see I suggested they followed your inc in on a number of allies. Which based on the numbers you posted seems to suggest that yes they showed up on those allies. But thanks for confirming the argument whilst that may not have been your intention.

Quote:
Again you missread a post of mine. Yes I claimed Astatores was there to support Ultores. I also made clear that not every planet in that tag plays to support Ultores. Now lets go over how you engaged in a war, from what I can see you went into it with 55 members, not 45. No idea where you lost 10 members. At the same time Astatores had 21 members when you engaged. So you added 4 members there, I have no idea why you bother to reduce your own numbers while adding numbers to your opponents. This is a common thing though, it is called victim mentality.
Also I have never stated a 1 on 1. But blockwars you claim Ultores has all allies ready to hit our enemies when a war starts. Which is untrue and can be easily shown on the stats again.
Day 22 is the day Ultores started getting block incoming. It took 12 days for one of our enemies at the time to get over 100 incoming fleets in a night. Which was largely due to Ult ungrounding themselfs and giving over half of those incoming fleets.
The irony is running at an all time high here! I never said anything about my 45 members vs your 85 in anything but theoretical reasons for why we would not fight a war with ult 1 on 1. However, with that being said I think you are showing the failings of ult here in their plans to just ground and hope the pain ends one day. Right now you appear only capable of saying "we took huge incoming we are better than you" which to be honest, whilst it was a nice opening argument at the start of this thread it sounds like you have nothing else to cling on to. Ultimately ultores lost the round and all you can be proud of is taking incoming. I'm unsure if thats worthy of any form of medal on your side.

Quote:
You are naive to think incoming does not affect an alliance. Do you honestly think having 140 incoming fleets a night at average wouldnt affect your members? Hell its a wonder not more value got crashed over the round. What you seem to forget though, is that P3nguins crashes plenty aswell with an average of 44 incoming fleets a night.
No idea how you wish me to respond to this as the quoted text doesnt match your response at all. I think you are suffering from straw man syndrome now which explains your circling arguments and the resultant "you are all morons and stupid and I am brilliantly clever" when people refuse to take the bait of "we took so much incoming poor poor ultores".
Unread 10 Mar 2016, 12:44   #493
Munkee
Dictator

Quote:
Not in the slightest. The only way to collapse alliances is through loss of score. That comes mostly from removing their value. If you look at the possible ways to remove value all of them are pretty long drawn out processes unless you actively sit and fleetcatch or remove some of their members.

I don't remember any form of decent alliance in the last half of a round collapsing ranks for any reason other than member removal (maybe the game is quite predictable in that sense). Happy to be proven wrong though as I feel the 40 counted to score is having a bigger impact on that both for and against.
Unread 10 Mar 2016, 12:47   #494
Munkee
Dictator

Quote:
I didn't see him mention 1v1 anywhere.
Of course everyone has allies but you can't compare having a 25 man and 20 man tag as being on par with 4 full tags. As you say it's a numbers game and FL, p3n, CT and ND are 240 ppl so off they will try and get an equal amount of people to counter that.
You are leading the argument here with the impression that it was 240 people who suddenly decided to fight a 85-90 planet ally. Ultores already had HR and Bows on side by then followed by the alliance with norse.
Unread 10 Mar 2016, 13:10   #495
Wouter

Quote:
I believe if you read the post (which you keep saying others dont ironically) you would see I suggested they followed your inc in on a number of allies. Which based on the numbers you posted seems to suggest that yes they showed up on those allies. But thanks for confirming the argument whilst that may not have been your intention.
So they followed us on hitting HR and RB, that makes sense. The point was that they might not hit Ultores, but they hit everyone else. The fact that you miss you received 1 more fleet than RB did suits you.

Quote:
The irony is running at an all time high here! I never said anything about my 45 members vs your 85 in anything but theoretical reasons for why we would not fight a war with ult 1 on 1. However, with that being said I think you are showing the failings of ult here in their plans to just ground and hope the pain ends one day. Right now you appear only capable of saying "we took huge incoming we are better than you" which to be honest, whilst it was a nice opening argument at the start of this thread it sounds like you have nothing else to cling on to. Ultimately ultores lost the round and all you can be proud of is taking incoming. I'm unsure if thats worthy of any form of medal on your side.
But you did, you stated you wouldnt take any solo actions based on a theory that is off by 20% as a reply to a statement about block wars.
Anyway Ultores decides themselfs not to create blocks first, we feel like we are better than the rest so we will react to incoming. This is a choice made with intentions. We are not like P3nguins who would ally everyone so only 1 ally could hit them and quite frankly we do not wish to be. It matters little if you agree with it or not. That is what Ultores takes pride in, we would rather get 7k incoming every round if that meant smaller and weaker tags got less incoming.

Quote:
No idea how you wish me to respond to this as the quoted text doesnt match your response at all. I think you are suffering from straw man syndrome now which explains your circling arguments and the resultant "you are all morons and stupid and I am brilliantly clever" when people refuse to take the bait of "we took so much incoming poor poor ultores".
I do not need you to reply, you are to ignorant to understand this part anyway. Never have I stated to be brilliant, one does not have to be brilliant to call someone stupid. I am proud my alliance can take so much incoming, so much you claim to have evidence of cheating while having none. No one in Ultores feels like a victim, so stop pretending like we do.

Quote:
You are leading the argument here with the impression that it was 240 people who suddenly decided to fight a 85-90 planet ally. Ultores already had HR and Bows on side by then followed by the alliance with norse.
RB yes, HR no. This again can be easily confirmed on the stats page.

Last edited by Wouter; 10 Mar 2016 at 13:17.
Unread 10 Mar 2016, 18:34   #496
Demort
Anarchy Shadow

Demort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really nice

Wait nd confirmed they friendly with penguin and ct already yet again faceless tossed aside lol.

I'll go nd hunting then followed by a beer

As this thread has got ludicrous it's the same thing being repeated over and over round has ended ultores didn't win which means enemy block got there victory, enemy block didn't win so ult got at least some solace from the fact norse won the round.

EX

Legion, Fury, Xanadu, Wolfpack, NoS, TSU, LKSAB, Vgn, F-Crew, CT, Insomnia, Angels, VsN, Gross, Osiris, ROCK, XvX, Faceless, Unsullied, Haven, Carisan, RaGe, Carnage, Kittenz and EC

Currently

In ODDR Command
Demort is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2016, 20:02   #497
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

Rubbish, CT is warring P3ng!!!!
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2016, 20:36   #498
ReaperSix
Anti-Paperboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DDK]gm View Post
Rubbish, CT is warring P3ng!!!!
Bring it skirt