User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 9 Dec 2019, 02:06   #1
genosse27
Hamburger

genosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the rough
"napped" and "allied"

The change that alliances who are allied are no longer able to defend each other is a great success! We saw plenty active alliances and the bigger tags filled up with a few idles ones.

Now there is no real difference between being "napped" and "allied". To ally someone even has the disadvantage that your enemy can declare war to multiple alliances at once. A few things needs to be changed here.

I propose to be able to covert opert a "napped" planet.

Maybe we should even change more.
Unread 10 Dec 2019, 06:04   #2
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light
Re: "napped" and "allied"

I agree, we should keep it. Everyone needs to work for their own success.
Unread 13 Dec 2019, 03:26   #3
Cowkimon

Cowkimon has a spectacular aura aboutCowkimon has a spectacular aura aboutCowkimon has a spectacular aura about

Agree the change was positive for last round and that greater differences ally vs NAP could be made.

I won't support covert ops on NAP'd planets though. I only see this as a way for large tags to farm their multis in the support tag. It's a form of aggression and makes no political sense to target your friendlies in normal circumstances.
Cowkimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Dec 2019, 15:53   #4
Swainey

Swainey is on a distinguished road

Given the past few rounds we have seen more and more deals broken, my suggestion would be once you are allied in game with an alliance it can't be broken.

Would provide each side with certainty however with the small drawback you both can be declared war upon.

Obviously we wouldnt see many allied ingame early round but post t700 we would, which are where most deals are broken anyways.
Swainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2019, 00:28   #5
genosse27
Hamburger

genosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowkimon View Post
I won't support covert ops on NAP'd planets though. I only see this as a way for large tags to farm their multis in the support tag. It's a form of aggression and makes no political sense to target your friendlies in normal circumstances.
why do you need to put a cov-op farm in a tag? That's just unwanted additional effort.

if you mean the real world with "normal circumstances", this happens on a daily basis. The USA spied on their allies for years.

I like Swainey's proposal. Allied alliance stay allied all round.
Unread 18 Dec 2019, 08:29   #6
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swainey View Post
Given the past few rounds we have seen more and more deals broken, my suggestion would be once you are allied in game with an alliance it can't be broken.

Would provide each side with certainty however with the small drawback you both can be declared war upon.

Obviously we wouldnt see many allied ingame early round but post t700 we would, which are where most deals are broken anyways.
Backstabbing is good. Round-long agreements are bad.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote