User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 20 Sep 2003, 20:40   #1
poshphil
Little Bitch

poshphil is an unknown quantity at this point
I just want to play my effing dvd :(

I bought Family Guy season 3 a little while back on dvd, and now i've moved to university I have left our dvd player back at home. I would like to watch my dvd on my computer but the bastard thing isnt working.

I get the sound, but all i get in terms of picture is pink fuzzy stuff, like the white fuzz on a telly that isnt tuned into a channel, but pink, and green, and blue etc.

I downloaded the nimo codec pack in the vague hope that im missing something like that.

The DVD says on the box "copy protected" so I'm thinking it's something to do with this. I've got a Radeon 9600 pro, and my very quick googling turned up stuff about people with tv-out bits on their cards, which I have, but theirs was all applying to nvidia cards.

Basically, is it the copy protection thats buggering things up, or is something not working correctly?

And how do I fix this please?

Oh, and im using PowerDVD, and it refuses point blank to do anything in media player.
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 21:10   #2
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Where have you been?
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 21:11   #3
poshphil
Little Bitch

ive been at home.

And i cba to go here with dialup, infact i got rid of most the internet whilst i was at home.
Unread 21 Sep 2003, 10:28   #4
poshphil
Little Bitch

Um, does anyone have any ideas??
Unread 21 Sep 2003, 10:39   #5
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
I think it's probably just ****ed! i've watched Family Guy Season 3 on my computer using WinDVD and it worked fine
Unread 21 Sep 2003, 10:48   #6
poshphil
Little Bitch

Quote:
Originally posted by Bloomers III
I think it's probably just ****ed! i've watched Family Guy Season 3 on my computer using WinDVD and it worked fine

......goes off to find windvd.........
Unread 21 Sep 2003, 11:17   #7
poshphil
Little Bitch

thank you bloomers
Unread 21 Sep 2003, 13:00   #8
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
good god i'm good!

ps. Family Guy is funny++ (have you missed the '++' phase?)

pps. hey posh! how's your sister?
Unread 21 Sep 2003, 13:13   #9
poshphil
Little Bitch

Quote:

ps. Family Guy is funny++ (have you missed the '++' phase?)

Not really no

Quote:
pps. hey posh! how's your sister?
she's fine. She passed her driving test on wednesday with only 1 bloody minor. Unfortunately my asking if the examiner was an old man went right over her head (he was an old man by the way)

Oh and she got 5 A's in her AS level exams.

Stupid girl does better than me at everything just about.
Unread 21 Sep 2003, 13:18   #10
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

heh, i failed mine with 5 minors and 3 majors. I got 4 As at AS levels

your sister is a bit of a geek!

got laid at uni? lol sex lol ^_^
Unread 21 Sep 2003, 20:48   #11
Tobe
Checkout Boy

Tobe is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

got laid at uni? lol sex lol ^_^
no wonder you dont have a girlfriend
Unread 21 Sep 2003, 20:50   #12
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by Tobe
no wonder you dont have a girlfriend
that's because he's a rampant homosexual
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2003, 13:28   #13
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

Playing DVD's on comps is asking for trouble, believe me. They have all the realiability, quality and latent troublesomeness of Dead Meat driving a Trabant.

Best to just buy a cheap DVD player and a TV, if you haven't already got one.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2003, 14:08   #14
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by poshphil

Oh and she got 5 A's in her AS level exams.

Stupid girl does better than me at everything just about.

My sister is going to Cambridge next year. I hate her.

Although she did fail her driving test the first time, so that gives me ammunition for the next 36 years. And she bumped the car on the first day she used it. HAHA WOMEN DRIVERS ^_^