User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 5 Jul 2004, 22:15   #1
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
MISTU storm into 3rd....

....with 22 new members, and with a couple of good days going their way, they could be ahead of 1up and LCH.

Where did they come from? Phraktos?
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 22:17   #2
Slinky
SPESHAL

Slinky is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: MISTU storm into 3rd....

Well phraktoss and Fang have had reckless abandon the past few days, or so it would appear at least, I was wondering the exact same myself tbh after checking on pilkara!
Round 4 - UiS member, The Return member, Elysium member
Round 5 - Didn't play
Round 6 - UiS member, IPC BC / Cv HC
Round 7 - UiS member, IPC BC / Cv HC
Round 8 - GC | IPC BC
Round 9 - GC | Eden Group Planetarion Leader
Round 9.5 - MOW | Rock member
Round * Quit
Slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 22:17   #3
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Phraktos only lost members yesterday, so they can't have come from there (72 hour waiting period and all that).

Ex-FAnG members maybe?
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 22:25   #4
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

I bet they kicked the inactives yesterday, and fused their active members today with Mistu.
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 22:31   #5
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

I didn't know that was possible. I thought you had to go through a 72-tick waiting period to change alliance?
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 22:31   #6
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Indeed, I would also have to assume they were merged by the admins. Similar to wwhat HR/LCH did last round.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 22:36   #7
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Could provide an interesting twist to the round...
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 22:44   #8
B-Butch3r

I got shocked :P
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 22:55   #9
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Where's Phraktos?
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 23:01   #10
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

Spinner in being utterly stupid and incompetent shocker :/
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 23:36   #11
Little Timmy
Winker

Little Timmy will become famous soon enoughLittle Timmy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
Where's Phraktos?

Merging with Lupin Crux ?

Yeah so what Im an Original Pr0nstar

some of us have serious jobs
Little Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 23:49   #12
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
Indeed, I would also have to assume they were merged by the admins. Similar to wwhat HR/LCH did last round.
Yes indeed they were merged. I knew for a few days already, and phraktos (mistu too?) kicked alot of members to make it possible. How nice of them to kick all those members. They will probably agree that they are kicked.

On a side note....

When HR and LCH merged into FYTFO last round, we had a lot of whining about it. I expect at least as much whining now, or i will be very disappointed.
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 23:57   #13
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Are you saying that phraktos merged with mistu without the 72 hours delay?
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 00:04   #14
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tis
Spinner in being utterly stupid and incompetent shocker :/
Scared?
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 00:15   #15
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Hmm, does this mean (speaking enitrely hypothetically) that if, say, 1up and LCH were to kick our weaker members 1 tick before the end of round, the top 50 of each alliance could be merged together into 1 alliance with no delay?

If not, why not?
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 00:19   #16
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

when hr/lch merged they still couldnt realisticly win unless a top alliance did a "r10 FAng" (pls dont flame me for using this as example ) but mistu/phraktos could!

For this fact I believe the members should have had to take a chance tbh with the 72 hr wait, there is no other reason for my opinion before any1 looks at my signiture and "figures out" reasons I didnt know about

Edit: Correct me if I'm wrong but didnt FYTO (HR/LCH) only finish 5th combiened?

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 00:30   #17
Treveler

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

The stupidity of the creators never cease to suprice me. Jeeeezes....
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 00:35   #18
Treveler

Well I assume the community will deal with this problem if this is the work of the pa team. This can only be seen as blatant cheating no matter if the creators think its "okey".
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 00:35   #19
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: MISTU storm into 3rd....

tbh.... i don't really care about the fact they merged.... what i do mind however is the way PaTeam seems to be making the rules in the current game.

I landed in a shit gal, exiled 4 / 5 times ( i don't even know anymore) , wasting atleast 9 mil resources, losing almost any roids i had and most of my fleet, to only land in worse or equal bad gals. So i figured... Hey as a paying customer i might be able to expect some decent treatment, but ofcourse not. I immediatly get told that moving or any other compensation is out of the question since its just bad luck for me to have paid and get my round ruined for landing in crap gal(s). "I should have known before getting my planet paid that this was the risk of a random round".

And now we have 2 alliances, seemingly struggling to hold on. I would describe that as the same problems i (and many others i suppose) had (and still have) trying to find a gal ----> its just tough luck they landed in a crap alliance and they should pay the consequences (72 tick allianceless). But for some reason, this is completely different for the PaTeam then the problems i have to find a decent gal.

I really hope that PaTeam would learn to be fair or equal in judgement in these kind of matters. SO MERGE MY PLANET WITH ANOTHER GAL DAMNIT! SINCE MERGING SEEMS TO BE FINE!

Last edited by Wandows; 6 Jul 2004 at 01:15.
Wandows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 00:42   #20
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I am sure that the Creators will appear soon and explain it's all been a silly mistake and we are all wrong and nothing untoward happened.

And then shortly afterwards, a monkey will fly out of my butt

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 00:43   #21
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Imo its lame for Vision and all the other alliances.

If it was a merger i would be very dissappointed, every new normal recruit you try to get needs to get his 72h of danger, while those guys get a free ride....
If as an example Vision wants to recruit the missing 9 players those would have to endure a roiding and danger period while mistu gets a free ride instead just because an alliance disbanded. This happens often enough and sometimes whole battlegroups or 20 individuals leave an alliance and they dont get this special treatment so i dont see why here a seperate case was or should be made.

On a sidenote do the other 60-70 players who lost their alliance during the merge also get the same chance to join without a 72h period another alliance, or are they customers 2nd class, even if they payed the same ?

In r10 fang, elysium and eclipse took in whole alliances, huge battlegroups and didnt get this special treatment yet still accepting this burden and getting those guys finally in. I cant see why that was a bad thing, if topalliances can accept it, why cant those nowadays ?
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet

Last edited by Razorback; 6 Jul 2004 at 00:56.
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 00:53   #22
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback
In r10 fang, elysium and eclipse took in whole alliances, huge battlegroups and didnt get this special treatment yet still accepting this burden and getting those guys finally in. I cant see why that was a bad thing, if topalliances can accept it, why cant those nowadays ?
When ToT activity was down in r10, they discussed the possibility of moving their active people into Ely. ToT HC asked pa crew if the 72-tick limit could be removed/reduced if ToT disbanded ingame, and the request was refused.
Would be a shame to see them change policy now.
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 00:53   #23
TehVader
NewDawn pe0n

TehVader is an unknown quantity at this point

Ace, once again Pa Team shows their true colours

(also, what Focht said)
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 02:06   #24
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Let us for one minute set aside the fact that MISTU just gained a considerable advantage with the merger alone, in terms of both numbers and quality of members.

Then consider this. There are now 50ish planets out there without an alliance for the next 70-odd ticks. MISTU know all the co-ords. I find that absurd.
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 02:20   #25
B-Butch3r

heh, so, you mean all new Mistu members scould be kicked and wait for the 72 hours thingy?
It just adds a little more life to the round if you ask me, and are you scared ? :P
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 02:30   #26
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

I guess I'll just have to take time off real-life to get over this.
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 02:31   #27
bintara

bintara will become famous soon enoughbintara will become famous soon enough

so what we gonna about it ?

nothing rite?

we cant do anything
Ex Insomnia
Ex ToF
Ex Subh
VGN
bintara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 02:34   #28
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Butch3r
heh, so, you mean all new Mistu members scould be kicked and wait for the 72 hours thingy?
It just adds a little more life to the round if you ask me, and are you scared ? :P
that would be what the gamerules say which all other players have to abide to.
unrightfully changing gamerules to help one party over the othes doesnt add more life it destroys the last bits of credibility pateam has and will prolly lead to customers leaving in disgust.

Scared of what exactly ? That an alliance ranked 5th could only succeed over others by apparently getting the admins to modify they gamerules for them ? Why dont we let the admins decide before each roundstart who is allowed to win, im sure this would aswell help the gaming exsperience in the same great way?
On a sidenote will you also refund the 50-70 other paid customers who lost their alliance and have now 72h incoming fun without an alliance and while you are on it, everyone else who changed alliances during the round and lost roids, ships, score during this process?

P.S. all the statements above are based on the assumption pa team modified the 72h period.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 02:34   #29
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Butch3r
Granting my planet a full tech tree, 8000 roids and 100mil value in fleet would 'add more to the round'. Like this merge, however, it would not be a positive addition to r11.
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 02:41   #30
Blacknova
Zhil's Monkeyboy

Blacknova is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
Let us for one minute set aside the fact that MISTU just gained a considerable advantage with the merger alone, in terms of both numbers and quality of members.

Then consider this. There are now 50ish planets out there without an alliance for the next 70-odd ticks. MISTU know all the co-ords. I find that absurd.
Does this remind anyone of the WWE, and how things would "mystically" fall into place for certain parties?

Nova
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 02:56   #31
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bintara

nothing rite?

we cant do anything
I think Vision is currently taking up a collection to buy Spinner a broken knee.
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 03:19   #32
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Quote:
Originally Posted by bintara

nothing rite?

we cant do anything
I'm taking my toys and I'm going home. I hate you guys.
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 04:04   #33
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

Change the rules to benefit certain alliances once - shame on you.

Change the rules to benefit certain alliances twice - shame on you again, you ridiculous bastards.
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 04:27   #34
B-Butch3r

Well, indeed, its a lot to wait 72ticks, but aint it abel to merge alliances ?
/me need to read manual
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 04:30   #35
Helix

Helix will become famous soon enoughHelix will become famous soon enough

this is absolutely absurd, Jolt should pay some attention to this, because the players are not going to sit here while the PATeam ruins the game by making certain exceptions to some people and not to others. PATeam takes all the liberties it wants when it benefits them to do so.
Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 04:55   #36
ComradeRob
wasted

Personally I don't feel threatened or offended by it, but I think others may well be. Sid raised a good point about alliances simply merging to increase their rank, but the real disappointment must be to alliances like Vision and ND who have worked hard to get their places, only to see other alliances kick their members and merge to jump up the rankings ahead of them.

Can't say I'm surprised, but I doubt it'll make much difference to the overall course of the round.

I should also take this opportunity to quote from the manual:

Quote:
Keep in mind, that if you leave an alliance, you may not join or create a new one until 72 ticks have passed.
(no emphasis added, original copy was in bold)

Do PA team even read their own manuals?
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 05:25   #37
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

How fking ridicolous.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 05:55   #38
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

If Mistu is going to win it needs to outperform the others with most of the round still left. I don't see any real problems with this merger. Ofc there should be a limit to what can be merged together, and this is about it.Mistu is still pretty far behind 1up. If 1up and/or LCH wants to merge with another alliance to finish #1 then that ofc should not be done.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 06:06   #39
ComradeRob
wasted

Then what is the limit (it's obviously not the one in the manual), who decides it, and when will we be told?

Like I said, I'm not terribly bothered about what MISTU have done, but rather about the principle that the rules of the alliance system should be posted in the manual, not decided arbitrarily by god-only-knows-who.
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 06:15   #40
thaeter
Got my villain necktie

thaeter is an unknown quantity at this point

why has no Mistu/Phrakots HC commented on this...
thaeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 06:28   #41
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaeter
why has no Mistu/Phrakots HC commented on this...
Commenting on these kind of things is quite useless unless you have some new information to add. It's better to just wait till the storm has died. Being a HC can take a lot of patience.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 06:29   #42
Hue_Jass
Professional Noob

Hue_Jass is an unknown quantity at this point

i am gonna say fear...just my guess though
Hue_Jass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 07:04   #43
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road

They asked it, they got it. Smart move. Utterly lame, but smart
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 07:13   #44
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Thunderball
They asked it, they got it. Smart move. Utterly lame, but smart
Problem is, it doesnt do anything to help the Mistu image. Especially pretending they actually deserve their ranking.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 07:21   #45
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
Problem is, it doesnt do anything to help the Mistu image. Especially pretending they actually deserve their ranking.
Problem is, in addition to the free rocks that Mistu gets for the next 3 days, in addition to the snaking of the alliance rankings without the chance to prevent those recruits from just hopping over to mistu, and in addition to the clear violation of the rules of Planetarion, is that there has been no comment as to why the guidelines set forth by the PA-team were ignored for some, but not ignored for the rest that wish to join a new alliance.

If theres logic behind it, thats one thing. If theres no good reason to bring said problems upon the rest of the community, thats quite another.
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 07:25   #46
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

I'd like to point out that this is just a case of PAteam facilitating something that's been normal in PA for ages. Just because you didn't think of it first doesn't mean you should be such a gimp about it. What I really wonder is whether:

a) they'll do it for anyone who asks now
b) they've refused anyone before

The former is a very dangerous precedent. What happens when an alliance gets 200 members in a wing now? Can they just change the structure of the two wings at a whim by contacting PAteam? The latter would just prove how corrupt and hypocritical they are. But then what else is new?

As for Sid's scenario, it's just empty rhetoric, everyone knows it'd be an empty victory.

[Edit:] Barrow makes a fine point.

[Edit:] Seems the precedent has already been set and they'll do it for anyone who asks.

Last edited by Banned; 6 Jul 2004 at 08:01.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 07:27   #47
ComradeRob
wasted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrow|Pony
here has been no comment as to why the guidelines set forth by the PA-team were ignored for some, but not ignored for the rest that wish to join a new alliance
It's also somewhat unfair for those planets kicked from MISTU and Phraktos - I assume they don't get a free pass into another alliance and have to wait 72 hours like everyone else - would be interesting to see if any of them are now being hit by their former allies
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 07:42   #48
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Its already been done once this round, and I stated then, that what happens when two bigger alliances decide to merge, but would plp listen.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 08:01   #49
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

AzureWrath is an unknown quantity at this point

umm, Forest, are you referring to Fusion (or whatever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 08:03   #50
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Good question,

Veneratio i think it was, though dont ask me which two alliances cause ive completely forgotten and ive lost the logs.

It was, however, confirmed by admins.

Only two small alliances, but point being, what u do with one group of players u ahve to do to all.

So I think i will go ask LCH and VSN if they would like to merge there top players with 1up, and NewDawn, 6 ticks form teh edn of the game. That will make us the true winners.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote