User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 3 Jul 2015, 18:27   #101
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of
Re: Second half of the round

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypton View Post
You did not have these naps publicly at this stage of the round, just like our co-operation/fort avoidance wasn't public. Therefore, I cannot say what you are stating is either accurate or inaccurate. All I know is that an agreement was broken at a coincidental time that all others decided to hit our forts. Funnily enough, it was a time we were not only starting to outvalue you having hidden value for the opening weeks, but getting very close on score also.

The decision you took at this 'coinicidental time', is ultimately going to cost you the round, because we have no intention of letting you swoop to victory uncontested after this (as it was looking)...unless of course something else changes
Rogues/FL/Asc hit BowS together earlier in the round, and when we contacted r6 about a NAP he said that they wouldnt do deals wich didnt include Asc.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2015, 18:44   #102
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Quote:
It's pretty comfortable to cross defend in gal pal. It's not like we put more than 15 attacks on them. Pretty easy in a gal of 7 Asc to deal with? When they outvalue us considerably also. Just be quiet
imo
When asc was recreated we just asked people to sign up saying they could be as inactive as they liked. We have had planets sitting in c200 for days on end, one even deleted for inactivity. Thus if people dont want to wake up to def, we are in no position to complain. We never expected a brief sally at no.1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypton
The decision you took at this 'coinicidental time', is ultimately going to cost you the round, because we have no intention of letting you swoop to victory uncontested after this (as it was looking)...unless of course something else changes
What I said above is why we were never going to swoop to victory, a grudge on your part is neither here nor there. Asc was just not built for a fight to hold a top position, and there was gonna be one, we were just too fat to avoid it.
Unread 3 Jul 2015, 18:59   #103
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

That nasty RL thing reared it's ugly head, so I could not continue playing.

mz had PM'd me on here and basically said "we're putting the band back together, come play with us." I had zero expectations of going for a round win, more just causing grief for people we don't like

They seem to be doing fine without me though!!

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2015, 19:14   #104
Pt-

Pt- has a spectacular aura aboutPt- has a spectacular aura about

We are shit and proud of it! Much emo going around.

HEROES
Pt- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2015, 19:54   #105
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough

No grudge here. Just principles of trust and understanding.

Next round, new round, new outlook.
Krypton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2015, 20:10   #106
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B5]Londo View Post
Well thats the thing, I agree on the preference for more interesting alignments. However, there were three potential blocks with Asc/FL being the third, but that just results in the 3rd force watching while the other two knock chunks out of each other.
You may not like it, but Asc turning on Ult was surely the most unexpected political move in quite some time. It has almost certainly failed from Ascs perspective (spectacularly successful from BF's tho!), but that does not alter the fact that it was a move against the expectations of most, including most of its own members.

Asc would have hit whoever was weaker out of the two sides just so that they could claim to have "helped" the victor and thus avoid more incomming. That wasnt unexpected. Had you gone for Ult when they were #1 that would have been unexpected as it would have shown more balls than a twelve year old girl.

Quote:
No grudge here. Just principles of trust and understanding.

Next round, new round, new outlook.
Agreed but then again I dont think anyone in Rogues really cares all that much about the brave tactics they demonstrate whenever given the opportunity to hit someone at a disadvantage...

But that doesnt mean that anyone here would win. Hell by allowing us to finally hit Asc the HC doubled our activity which had started to drop as we were bored not being able to deal some payback after the earlier backstab.
Unread 3 Jul 2015, 20:21   #107
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

still utterly clueless about how we managed to backstab you without even realising. We have not fought you, we gal raided you a few times. We noob bashed, but you are taking it way too hard. Get off your high horse, you dont need to justify siding with ult any more than we need to justify siding against them.
Unread 3 Jul 2015, 20:27   #108
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
still utterly clueless about how we managed to backstab u without even realising, we havt fought u, we gal raided you a few times. We noob bashed, but you are taking it way too hard, get off your high horse, you dont need to justify siding with ult any more than we need to justify siding against them.
So we were kinda under the impression that we were at the very least napped with you guys. As was said earlier in this post that we didnt want to be patient...

And nooo of course you didnt realise it, we were essentially napped in name if nothing else and yet the one time we get hit by BF, Bows, P3ng and HR you guys forget all about the nap we had with you or the "avoidance agreement" you now seem to consider such things considering we were picking targets together and hitting the same people as Rainbows will attest to.

And from my perspective it was not about wanting to help Ult, it was about us being able to give BF some payback for gal raiding us earlier in the round. Just like us hitting you is payback for you doing the same... of course there is a difference here. BF were not our friends.

So no of course you didnt backstab us, we had absoooluuutely no agreement with you, we just happened to attack the same alliance with you for quite a while and avoid each others galaxies.

You arent normally this blind mate, unless theres someone else in Ascendancy HC who has been lying to you as well as us?
Quote:
We noob bashed, but you are taking it way too hard, get off your high horse, you dont need to justify siding with ult any more than we need to justify siding against them.
Nah I'm one of those people who believe in giving people back more than they give me. So when we get 50 incomming fleets from someone I want to give them 500, may take us a while to hit the 500 mark but give us time.
Unread 3 Jul 2015, 20:43   #109
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Don't think it's Ult forcing Asc to ground or they are even grounding. To note, 7.7's defence was shameful last night. Highlights to me how little Asc deserve to be even in the frame for #1. It goes to show they have played both sides politically very well to be in the position they are at this stage of the round
We are grounding, but you're right, it isn't because of Ultores. It isn't because of Rogues, or NewDawn, or p3nguins either. Not individually. It's because of all of the above combined.

As for shameful defense, if this had been a hard combat round for us, we would never have held the roids we gained for as long as we did. We had a fence that made it ill-advised for either side of the war to hit us, even without any agreements. So I agree, we are (or possibly were) in the position we were in because of politics, and only partly because of our politics, because the top 3 made it really easy to stay neutral for much of the round, as shown by the other alliances that did the same. That said, our defense has been a little better than I expected it to be. At various points in the round I predicted 20% roid loss in 2 nights once the war ended. Now that it has effectively ended*, we lost 20% in 3 nights. Quite frankly, I am not entirely displeased.

* We did that! Sort of. My mother will be so proud when I tell her.

Quote:
All I know is that an agreement was broken at a coincidental time that all others decided to hit our forts. Funnily enough, it was a time we were not only starting to outvalue you having hidden value for the opening weeks, but getting very close on score also.

The decision you took at this 'coinicidental time', is ultimately going to cost you the round, because we have no intention of letting you swoop to victory uncontested after this (as it was looking)...unless of course something else changes.
So, let's talk some politics, then.

I was not personally involved in forging the agreement between Ascendancy, Rogues and Faceless. However, to my knowledge it consisted of three parts. One, no hitting each other. Two, if one of us got hit, we'd hit back together. Three, no deals with the CT, BF and Ultores without discussing it with the others. When Rogues got p3nguins incs, you came to us and we retalled them for a night, or maybe 2. When p3nguins struck back at Faceless, your representatives declined, and after a short argument, left the shared channel. The next day (or the day after), you one-sidedly formed a NAP with Ultores. We interpreted this as a betrayal, and as we had nothing else to worry about, hit you for a couple of nights.

Knowing that PA politics is never black-and-white, I'd be interested in your side of the story. No sarcasm! I am virtually certain you felt you had a good reason for doing as you did, just as I feel we did.

Regardless of who is to blame, I fundamentally disagree with your assertion that this 'block' falling apart is what has cost or is costing or will cost us the round. If that were the case, we would've had these incs 2 weeks ago. I imagine (but by no means know for sure) that you asked Ultores for help hitting us back then and there, and that they said 'no'. When they said 'yes' 300 ticks later, they did so for a different reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem! View Post
Kinda makes you miss "the good old days" of 2 actual blocks going head to head the entire round.
The good old days are a myth. Only very, very rarely have there been two equal and balanced blocks going at it for extended periods of time. This is how PA has always been. For example, see this graph, which contains an analysis of a war in r30. And the roid losses during the 3 nights around tick 820 are not even close to the biggest that round.

Quote:
I may not like it put this way: but you are essentially correct. My key point to krypton has been that a third force is inherently boring. It might be possible to do what norse have done and hit all the big allies equally. However I dont think so.
Norse got away with doing what they did for the same reason Ascendancy and Faceless did: the top 3 could not afford to make more enemies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
That nasty RL thing reared it's ugly head, so I could not continue playing.
Miss you. <3
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 3 Jul 2015 at 20:49.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2015, 20:48   #110
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morden View Post
So we were kinda under the impression that we were at the very least napped with you guys. As was said earlier in this post that we didnt want to be patient...
ahhh one of those you wont nap ingame so it can change at any point things. If you want an agreement have a proper NAP. Avoidance is just asking for trouble, broken all the time. Rogues experience of last round should surely have given you reason to avoid the avoidance! P3nguins avoidance agreement with rogues last round would be a classic of the genre, broken every second night, rogues just couldnt do **** about it. But then as much sinning as sinned against, since rogues twisted its avoidance agreement with BF to allow it to join the war against BF. Yeah these are ancient history, but im sure you get my point, as worthless as the paper they were quite deliberately not written on. (no offencec zhil or lok or whoever!)
Quote:
You arent normally this blind mate, unless theres someone else in Ascendancy HC who has been lying to you as well as us?
Nobody tells me anything so they dont need to trouble themselves with lieing to me either
Unread 3 Jul 2015, 20:58   #111
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Quote:
ahhh one of those you wont nap ingame so it can change at any point things. If you want an agreement have a proper NAP. Avoidance is just asking for trouble, broken all the time. Rogues experience of last round should surely have given you reason to avoid the avoidance! P3nguins avoidance agreement with rogues last round would be a classic of the genre, broken every second night, rogues just couldnt do **** about it. But then as much sinning as sinned against, since rogues twisted its avoidance agreement with BF to allow it to join the war against BF. Yeah these are ancient history, but im sure you get my point, as worthless as the paper they were quite deliberately not written on. (no offencec zhil or lok or whoever!)

Nobody tells me anything so they dont need to trouble themselves with lieing to me either
Well in a way Asc broke the agreement with us waay before. They spent over a week promising us that we would eventually hit BF. Yet from what we've recently been told, they had been sitting in a joint chan with BF all round.

Personally I think Rogues/Asc/FL would have been better off hitting whoever appeared to be winning, then backing off once balance had been restored. That way Ult+ND would have basically been perpetually in a state of war with BF/CT while Asc won the round with Rogues probably top 4.

^ That is what I and many others expected to happen, and one of the reasons we ended up trying to war BF was because they were winning and Ult was already struggling badly at that point. Essentially dying very very slowly.

By waiting until BF had won and then joining in vs Ult it was too late as Ult had nothing to lose to stop them hitting back and BF would see it as shameless butt licking in trying to claim you helped.
Unread 3 Jul 2015, 21:02   #112
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Three, no deals with the CT, BF and Ultores without discussing it with the others.
So you guys were not in a joint chan with BF all round? I'd like a clarification from BF here if possible. Because we've had reports that you were. In which case you betrayed us long before we decided to go against your wishes...
Unread 3 Jul 2015, 21:05   #113
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
it was about us being able to give BF some payback for gal raiding us earlier in the round
This was an interesting statement, if we cared that much about people gal raiding us, we'd have written a never ending list by tick 300. In the end we're in a small universe, and everyone is going to get roided if they are good targets. We could have easily gone to war with Rogues for instance far earlier than tick 300 with a fair bit of justification, but actively chose not to. My personal view is that alliances are far too sensitive to raids, and this leads to far to too much tit-for-tat when it isn't warranted. The fact that there are so many forts makes it even worse (and we should get rid of them).
Unread 3 Jul 2015, 21:06   #114
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

FYI - last round p3ng didn't break any agreement with rogues. We had a deal to target no more than 4 planets a night. So we targeted 4.

I can see that this might have looked differently when we were hitting 5 man forts but we just dropped the lowest roider to give us the 4.

Love playing within the rules.
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2015, 21:08   #115
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

Quote:
By waiting until BF had won and then joining in vs Ult it was too late as Ult had nothing to lose to stop them hitting back and BF would see it as shameless butt licking in trying to claim you helped.
BF had not won 4 days ago, they won because we got involved: Watch ults value lead evaporate.
Unread 3 Jul 2015, 21:11   #116
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
This was an interesting statement, if we cared that much about people gal raiding us, we'd have written a never ending list by tick 300. In the end we're in a small universe, and everyone is going to get roided if they are good targets. We could have easily gone to war with Rogues for instance far earlier than tick 300 with a fair bit of justification, but actively chose not to. My personal view is that alliances are far too sensitive to raids, and this leads to far to too much tit-for-tat when it isn't warranted. The fact that there are so many forts makes it even worse (and we should get rid of them).

Some are playing with a mentality that this is a vast universe and that alliances somehow have choices to be considerate - they really don't. If anything built us a large roid lead, it's restraint.
Yeah but you know me, ive always been a vindictive b*stard lol and to me if someone roids us, we hit them right back and show them that we will take back our stuff if we can... and if we cant we will be a nuisance. BF raided us several times and we ignored it and were given the Ascendancy promise of "soon, be patient."

Personally I would rather take my whole alliance onto 3 fleet attacking nonstop when our backs are against the wall, no defence means no stress on the DC's so you just make sure you keep the other poor sod awake all night.

Im done with standard alliances after this round anyway, if I play it will be on one who is 100% offense and giving sleepless nights to alliances who try to fence sit, and to galaxies who do the same. Everyone knows about a certain galaxy whom leak their own alliances attacks in order to gain pnaps... yet no one does anything about it.
Unread 3 Jul 2015, 21:12   #117
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Quote:
BF had not won 4 days ago, they won because we got involved: Watch ults value lead evaporate.
Ult had been on the dying stage when we tried to join. they were pretty much on full defence... they were just taking a bloody long time to die.
Unread 3 Jul 2015, 21:15   #118
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

Ult is used weathering long periods of full defence, thats what makes them so damn good. BF was hardly even closing the gap so full defence was clearly working, now they are on full offense its obviously not.
Unread 3 Jul 2015, 21:16   #119
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Its in the nature if the game to hit the allies above you.
The only reason Asc wernt dealt with earlier imho was because Rogues didnt want to.
ofc now they are saying they will troll wave asc for the rest if the round due to them backstabbing over the BF incident, but just a few days ago they declined all offers to try deal with their top hostiles together with bows.
Now that justice has been done to Asc its too late for me getting my roids back

Unread 3 Jul 2015, 21:19   #120
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Ult had been on the dying stage when we tried to join. they were pretty much on full defence... they were just taking a bloody long time to die.
Didnt Rogues demote R6 due to him napping Ult?

Unread 3 Jul 2015, 21:19   #121
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
We are leaking roids to everyone, wouldnt even notice one bow in the sea of red!
Unread 3 Jul 2015, 21:23   #122
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Yeah but you know me, ive always been a vindictive b*stard lol and to me if someone roids us, we hit them right back and show them that we will take back our stuff if we can... and if we cant we will be a nuisance. BF raided us several times and we ignored it and were given the Ascendancy promise of "soon, be patient."
This explains why Rogues sent their whole allie to FC a BowS BS fleet when we hadnt been attacking Rogues for days

Rogues rather spend their rounds hitting BowS/P3ng from my view, creating a "two crabs in one bucket" situations.
They can both escape the bucket, but as onevis about to escape the other one grabs him and pull him down again

Unread 3 Jul 2015, 21:26   #123
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Quote:
The only reason Asc wernt dealt with earlier imho was because Rogues didnt want to.
ofc now they are saying they will troll wave asc for the rest if the round due to them backstabbing over the BF incident, but just a few days ago they declined all offers to try deal with their top hostiles together with bows.
Wasnt most of rogues mate, we have a few very loud people who were pro asc, whilst the rest wanted to nail them. I tried to troll wave them a while back but then they agreed to leave us alone again or some such.

Quote:
Didnt Rogues demote R6 due to him napping Ult?
Nah he stepped down on his own from what we were all told, he'd had enough of politics by then.

anyways enjoy your evening, I fancy a few drinks which means I shall likely crash in the morning or send to the wrong coords
Unread 3 Jul 2015, 21:27   #124
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Quote:
This explains why Rogues sent their whole allie to FC a BowS BS fleet when we hadnt been attacking Rogues for days

Rogues rather spend their rounds hitting BowS/P3ng from my view, creating a "two crabs in one bucket" situations.
They can both escape the bucket, but as onevis about to escape the other one grabs him and pull him down again
Wasnt me lol :-) I wanted to ignore p3ng incoming and not hit back. as their attacks alone were little more than gnat bites, it wasnt until others hit at the same time that they got through... well until most of us got bored with the political situation where we couldnt do anything.
Unread 3 Jul 2015, 21:28   #125
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morden
Things were actually turning around into our favour when Asc decided to join in
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2015, 22:08   #126
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Erm no. They've won because we decided that we hated the way asc played us this round way more than BF did
Unread 3 Jul 2015, 22:12   #127
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Erm no. They've won because we decided that we hated the way asc played us this round way more than BF did
Id actualy say you did this to urself to some extent.

Unread 3 Jul 2015, 22:14   #128
Krypton
KK

Possibly. But then, I'm not naive nor did I ever have any say in how Rogues was run. I just provided fleet builds to an extent
Unread 3 Jul 2015, 22:23   #129
Krypton
KK

Quote:

Yes, our bc'ing has left a lot to be desired for the second round running - I've said this as such to our HC team. We seem to start wars before we finish old ones. But we actually never hit Rainbows tbh. I think there was one night when asc and faceless asked us to, other from that, nada.
Unread 3 Jul 2015, 22:24   #130
Krypton
KK

Quote:
make gals random again. get rid of bp's and set exiles to max of 3 ftw
Unread 3 Jul 2015, 22:30   #131
Wouter

Wouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really nice

You all realise Ultores wins every round right? We got the best defence, the best attack and the best teamplay.
All your arguments about Ultores and winning or losing are irrelevant cause in Ult we know we are the best. We dont need to nap the universe and play like cowards to know that. Its fine with us that all you insecure people need to cling together. I can tell you that an alliance like HR has more balls than any alliance in the top3.
Wouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2015, 22:31   #132
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Actually, no. Engaging in fights when you're the weaker side is emphaticaly not how you play the game, if you have any interest in doing well. It is a great way of getting yourselves killed.

Quote:
I... would not put it quite so starkly. Ascendancy joining BF/CT and Ultores' value lead evaporating certainly happened around the same time, but I would argue it had less to do with actions by Ascendancy than with the response to said actions by Ultores.

Also, I am not convinced BF have won yet. A lot can happen in 300 ticks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter View Post
You all realise Ultores wins every round right? We got the best defence, the best attack and the best teamplay.
All your arguments about Ultores and winning or losing are irrelevant cause in Ult we know we are the best. We dont need to nap the universe and play like cowards to know that. Its fine with us that all you insecure people need to cling together. I can tell you that an alliance like HR has more balls than any alliance in the top3.
This game is about more than defending, attacking and teamplay. Politics is the only effective weapon other alliances have. It makes perfect sense that you're trying to make the one aspect of the game you do not reign supreme at look bad.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 3 Jul 2015 at 22:37.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2015, 22:47   #133
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Yes, our bc'ing has left a lot to be desired for the second round running - I've said this as such to our HC team. We seem to start wars before we finish old ones. But we actually never hit Rainbows tbh. I think there was one night when asc and faceless asked us to, other from that, nada.
I think Rogues hit bows 2-300 fleets a weeks ago, for such a small tag thats a lot.
Hitting fat targets or targets who ur at war with makes more sense.

Unread 3 Jul 2015, 22:49   #134
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Actually, no. Engaging in fights when you're the weaker side is emphaticaly not how you play the game, if you have any interest in doing well.
Thats how you dont loose, Rogues proving it right now to Asc, getting their revenge.
Small allies eventualy will band together

Unread 3 Jul 2015, 23:00   #135
Krypton
KK

Quote:
I think Rogues hit bows 2-300 fleets a weeks ago, for such a small tag thats a lot.
Hitting fat targets or targets who ur at war with makes more sense.
How small do you think a 50 tag alliance is? Bows has been one of the most minimal allies on our raids. Maybe the reason you think it's more because we probably send out more attack fleets than other allies with the majority of tag being xan and our defence sucking? Even with that I doubt we've ever put more than 75-100 fleets on you in a week
Unread 3 Jul 2015, 23:11   #136
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
How small do you think a 50 tag alliance is? Bows has been one of the most minimal allies on our raids. Maybe the reason you think it's more because we probably send out more attack fleets than other allies with the majority of tag being xan and our defence sucking? Even with that I doubt we've ever put more than 75-100 fleets on you in a week
Last round Rogues sent out only 1600 fleets over an entire round. If you had sent out 75 fleets on us average each week that wouldve been 30% of all your fleets launched

Unread 3 Jul 2015, 23:18   #137
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

Quote:
I... would not put it quite so starkly. Ascendancy joining BF/CT and Ultores' value lead evaporating certainly happened around the same time, but I would argue it had less to do with actions by Ascendancy than with the response to said actions by Ultores.
Certainly i didnt mean to imply that the simple fact of our intervention was the be all and end all, in the next post I did mention the ult switch over from defense to attack. Had they let us hit them they would have probably done better, the p-targetting that started the war we sent only about 30 fleets, and pushed them into a roidloss that while negative was not very serious. Given the extent of Ascendancy's internal argument over the fight, if ult had not hit back, Ascendancy's commitment to war would likely have wavered. Or if they had gotten rogues et al. to hit us but not hit us themselves there would have been still serious damage on us without sacrificing their own defence.
Unread 3 Jul 2015, 23:19   #138
Krypton
KK

You said one week...and we have been exploiting the stats far more this round with the fluidity of our strategy
Unread 3 Jul 2015, 23:20   #139
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Allies are famously incapable of taking their opposers strategy into account when comparing inc numbers tbh. Mostly because it is rather easy to count by pure fleet numbers. Yet i'd still much rather get 100 ill designed fleets from tier2/tier3 alliances than a handful of proper fleets from ult/ct.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2015, 23:37   #140
DeeJay

DeeJay is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Also, I am not convinced BF have won yet. A lot can happen in 300 ticks.
You're naive if you think that anyone else but BF can win with Ult and Asc butchering each other until end of round
DeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2015, 23:40   #141
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
You said one week...and we have been exploiting the stats far more this round with the fluidity of our strategy
Hitting a BS allie with CR fleets would be stupid, and vica versa. So basicly you hit us even though there is more suitable allies for you out there?

Unread 3 Jul 2015, 23:43   #142
DeeJay

DeeJay is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Had they let us hit them they would have probably done better, the p-targetting that started the war we sent only about 30 fleets, and pushed them into a roidloss that while negative was not very serious. Given the extent of Ascendancy's internal argument over the fight, if ult had not hit back, Ascendancy's commitment to war would likely have wavered.
I think that was the initial plan. Because with ct+bf against Ult they(ult) still did 1 fleet attack and actually roided a few BF planets. So I think we counted on the fact that with 1 more alliance hitting them they would fully ground while us being in the winning block would cruise to the win with our 10k roid lead.

Except the bear didnt run into the cave... it hit back.
DeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2015, 23:45   #143
Krypton
KK

Quote:
Hitting a BS allie with CR fleets would be stupid, and vica versa. So basicly you hit us even though there is more suitable allies for you out there?
BS is notoriously weak against CR. Cat and Zik cr rapes up BS. Probably shouldn't make any more stats with that statement
Unread 3 Jul 2015, 23:49   #144
Krypton
KK

And as previously mentioned, we have barely touched Rainbows. Should probably read a little more pal
Unread 3 Jul 2015, 23:51   #145
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
BS is notoriously weak against CR. Cat and Zik cr rapes up BS. Probably shouldn't make any more stats with that statement
In what ways is it weaker? You obviously didnt make much calcs this round then.
CR cant land BS and vica versa.
I favoured BS over CR cus ships are cheaper and CO def better

Unread 3 Jul 2015, 23:52   #146
Krypton
KK

lol what?!
Unread 3 Jul 2015, 23:54   #147
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
And as previously mentioned, we have barely touched Rainbows. Should probably read a little more pal
You barely touched CT/BF/Ult/Asc, even though they had more roids than HR/ND/p3ng/BowS.
You went cores, u barely attacked before pt200

Unread 3 Jul 2015, 23:56   #148
Krypton
KK

We have barely touched CT and Ult. We have had a significant chunk of the round p targetting p3nguins and vice versa and a significant chunk of the round gal raiding.

We hit some bf forts successfully earlier in the round and Asc now. You really are quite thick
Unread 3 Jul 2015, 23:57   #149
Krypton
KK

Although, credit where it's due. You managed to notice a lot of us went cores! Well done!
Unread 4 Jul 2015, 00:00   #150
Krypton
KK

There was also a 3 night stage where we p targetted HR for hitting our forts 4 nights in the row. Seems justified to me.

If you would like a rough breakdown:

200 ticks of cores
72 ticks of BF
72 ticks of HR
100 ticks of Asc
250 ticks of P3n
200 ticks of gal raiding

Seems like a lot of time up to this current tick to hit Rainbows...right?!