User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 11 Oct 2015, 00:16   #1
SantaCruz
I've been around

SantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to behold
R64 Stats - Who is editing them? can we have a say/help.

I'm seeing a few issues still with rerunning this set.

- the fact no one is being involved besides Tia? WTF
- Same classes firing on same classes. (Same init firing on old set should have been a hint they are shit)
- Only 1 cr ship kills on BS.
- There is still same init firing. Xan De firing on CR. Zik CR is also init 7 hitting FR. These are things everyone knows to avoid. They were played like this the first time. They didn't work then.

We need a set to play that is going to be enjoyable. Last round it wasn't we can't do that twice in a row. So lets work together.

We are willing to help with making the round playable. Please use it.
Unread 11 Oct 2015, 01:57   #2
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold
Re: R64 Stats - Who is editing them? can we have a say/help.

I'm sure we are many to agree, but the problem is there is nobody to talk to, does Appocco even exist ?
Unread 11 Oct 2015, 03:09   #3
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

This is a mz set. If he aint willling to discuss it, nobody should

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Oct 2015, 04:34   #4
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

Most changes now were made to turn DE worse and Xan took the main hit. As if Xan wasnt already a bad pick

Interceptor was heavily modified too. God knows why.

Anyway, players and alliances will decide how next round will be played. Only a few changes were made improving Terran defense against CO, CR and BS in r52 and the ranking was totally modified in comparison with r50.

It is only fun to see the work of the stats mafia
Unread 11 Oct 2015, 05:47   #5
SantaCruz
I've been around

SantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to behold

From what I see, strat break down.

Fi - xan / etd firing sane init means they can't hit xan or etd. Cath / zik will always be together. So there will be zik co def of you hit cath or cath emp if you hit zik. Ter fr is nice in large numbers. It can roid ter but ter needs only to match attacking pulsar value to force recall.

Not a setup you can war zik cath xan etd with.

Co - safest bet. Ally can switch to Cr if uni is heavy anti co. Co itself is strong vs fi. Ofc alone fi can roid it however it's never alone. These sets put zik cath co in every calc together. You have to assume the other will be there. If you went cath your partner is zik. Every time. DE init 5 is only around 60% eff on you. This is peanuts. If ter isn't full DE planet you can easily emp and roid him. If he is full de. (he probably is a shit target with no roids. See DE break down)
Will be popular setup.
Fr - In Canada we hit this saying "balls to the wall" it means your giving it everything you got. Fr is all about feeding it to every other race. Only is got nothing to offer def.
This is a pure troll setup.
DE - if your a DE fort. Between ter and xan only Cr and fr can roid you easily. That's awesome. Unless you don't feel like initing all your roids. Cause there isn't much you can land without 3-4 teams. It was a bitch to land r52, it's going to be worst this round.
Good for players with farms
Cr - best setup. It keep your co home for anti fi/co and even for w1 DE then pl your Cr for w2. This strat has it all. Cath zik is awesome together. Being able to keep lower Eta idle for def is hc dream strategy.
The best way to win the round
Bs - let's say you get lucky. Everyone realizes that xan is shit. They avoid going xan mostly. This setup is the best than. Bs is hard to stop outside xan. Run the calcs. However you got to be sure your enemies wont be running DE or fi strats. Then you got a new problem with trying to land those xans.

All in all the strats the only ones that make sense to me. Co Cr being the first, bs the second. Rest are for trolls or allies that believe they can fence it incoming against them.

Not sure this will be how you all see it. But this is what I see from looking over these trying to find a strat for my ally.

Last edited by SantaCruz; 11 Oct 2015 at 05:54.
SantaCruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Oct 2015, 07:09   #6
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
This is a mz set. If he aint willling to discuss it, nobody should
I see no reason why my input would be required before anything can be done. Balancing stats isn't rocket surgery.

I'm not contributing meaningfully to the stats discussion this round is because I don't feel like putting in the time required. However, from what I remember of r50 and r52, I mostly agree with Santa. I don't think Xan was as bad as he makes it out to be, because cloak is always good, even when it's bad. That makes Fi and (especially) De a little better than he thinks, balancing out some of the issues with the other fleets he's pointed out. He's totally right about Fr, though that isn't the end of the world.

On a sidenote, I vaguely recall there being some issues with EMP.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 11 Oct 2015 at 07:16.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Oct 2015, 08:41   #7
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

Well if i had my way, i wouldn't have chosen these stats either. Too much same class fire..., started with tons of ships with same init fire as well. Xan is and always will be solid Fi can Roid anything except itself, but is easily stopped with defense. De is still solid in the Fort because half your fleets are cloaked and you suicide cover Fi incs with phantoms meaning that your only weakness is to fr/de which you can stop with PK's

Santa makes all this drama in the hopes that his set will be re-considered, Stats are Final and Appoco has moved on to other things, if you really were connected into the stats world Santa you would have been apart of the 2h stats fixing session. However you weren't. Leads me to believe that your "stats buddies" are all from closed doors which is not something we want to be having when it comes to stats.

Instead of worry about r64, it is already going to move forward why do you work on your set a bit more balance out the rest of things, and try and play nice with appoco and get him to pick you for r65.
Unread 11 Oct 2015, 11:16   #8
Shhhhhhh

Shhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat101 View Post

if you really were connected into the stats world Santa you would have been apart of the 2h stats fixing session. However you weren't. Leads me to believe that your "stats buddies" are all from closed doors which is not something we want to be having when it comes to stats.
If you read this back does this still make sense to you?
At signup it turns out another set is used. Not the one that has been discussed for weeks on the forums. Afterwards there is some statfixing session somewhere and because Santa is not invited that is somehow his fault?

And to make it worse you blame him for some closed doors stuff when he has been getting feedback for weeks in lots of different ways while the actual set gets picked and changed in true 'closed doors' fashion.
Shhhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Oct 2015, 12:18   #9
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shhhhhhh View Post
If you read this back does this still make sense to you?
At signup it turns out another set is used. Not the one that has been discussed for weeks on the forums. Afterwards there is some statfixing session somewhere and because Santa is not invited that is somehow his fault?

And to make it worse you blame him for some closed doors stuff when he has been getting feedback for weeks in lots of different ways while the actual set gets picked and changed in true 'closed doors' fashion.
If Santa had been paying attention he wouldve known his set was gunned down by the stats mafia.
I also had a set wich i put time into, you dont see me throwing a fit

Unread 11 Oct 2015, 13:38   #10
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Santa makes all this drama in the hopes that his set will be re-considered, Stats are Final and Appoco has moved on to other things, if you really were connected into the stats world Santa you would have been apart of the 2h stats fixing session. However you weren't. Leads me to believe that your "stats buddies" are all from closed doors which is not something we want to be having when it comes to stats.

Instead of worry about r64, it is already going to move forward why do you work on your set a bit more balance out the rest of things, and try and play nice with appoco and get him to pick you for r65.
You are everything that is wrong with stats in this game. Santa isn't trying to get his stats reconsidered, he's asking if the PA Team are willing to take advice from the players (who play the game) on tweaks to the stats they've chosen without consultation. We've had rounds and rounds of discussion about how to improve the stats development process - earlier discussion, better communication from PA Team, a clearly-defined process for selecting and refining them so that people are willing to put the time in - but not only are Appoco and the like apparently averse to any sort of communication or improvement, but they have the likes of you defending their laziness and thoughtlessness at every turn, and actually acting like there really is a stats mafia that apparently consists of Appoco and yourself. You're only making yourself look out-of-touch here.

Look at the conversations that happen every round. Look at how long people put into analysing, tweaking, considering the stats and the gameplay changes that they suggest. And then look at your response - blaming Santa for the fact that Appoco is refusing to communicate with him, when he's been taking advice from the whole community. If the people who are given access to the servers to try out stats sets aren't "connected to the stats world", who is?

mz's right, tweaking stats really isn't rocket science; but as has been suggested in this thread and others, it's a task that Appoco is apparently either not up to or not interested in on a round-to-round basis. The task of designing stats was thrown out to the community because PA Team weren't interested in doing it themselves. It's really not cool to attack the community at large for committing to a thankless task. Who's going to bother designing stats in the future if this is the response they get?
Unread 11 Oct 2015, 14:48   #11
SantaCruz
I've been around

Quote:

First of all this has nothing to do with my stats. I have moved forward and i'm picking an alliance setup for my alliance. I have no choice but, to move forward. I play this game to lead. These stats shouldn't be final. That's not my problem. There is so much wrong with everything you said/ what happened with stats this round.

2 hour fixing session. ** WOW YOUR TELLING ME IT ONLY TOOK 2 HOURS ** wait i'm not surprised that would be why half the tweaks only ruined mz stats more.

I was in communication with Appoco up until sign ups. I even talked to him about what i need to do with my stats for next round ( i guess you weren't told that) I was never told about the 2 hour stats fix. Probably because he assumes i would be like you and just emo ruin this process. However that's not who i am. I went over these stats not to find these problems but, i found them trying to pick a race setup. (which is almost exactly the same process as finding the ships you need to balance right?)

Finally i'm not going to suck up to anyone to get my stats played. At this point i could care less if they are ever played. This system is awful. Unprofessional and embarrassing to both the company that owns PA and the people that are running it for them. I pay money to play this game, yet still i offered help. It's not the fact my stats weren't used. It was the fact Appoco didn't have enough respect of me to even tell me he wasn't using them or why. That's my problem. So **** off Tia, stop burning bridges.
Unread 11 Oct 2015, 15:26   #12
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaCruz View Post
First of all this has nothing to do with my stats. I have moved forward and i'm picking an alliance setup for my alliance. I have no choice but, to move forward. I play this game to lead. These stats shouldn't be final. That's not my problem. There is so much wrong with everything you said/ what happened with stats this round.

2 hour fixing session. ** WOW YOUR TELLING ME IT ONLY TOOK 2 HOURS ** wait i'm not surprised that would be why half the tweaks only ruined mz stats more.

I was in communication with Appoco up until sign ups. I even talked to him about what i need to do with my stats for next round ( i guess you weren't told that) I was never told about the 2 hour stats fix. Probably because he assumes i would be like you and just emo ruin this process. However that's not who i am. I went over these stats not to find these problems but, i found them trying to pick a race setup. (which is almost exactly the same process as finding the ships you need to balance right?)

Finally i'm not going to suck up to anyone to get my stats played. At this point i could care less if they are ever played. This system is awful. Unprofessional and embarrassing to both the company that owns PA and the people that are running it for them. I pay money to play this game, yet still i offered help. It's not the fact my stats weren't used. It was the fact Appoco didn't have enough respect of me to even tell me he wasn't using them or why. That's my problem. So **** off Tia, stop burning bridges.
Ive had my stats shutdown 3 times.
Maybe its because im familiar with how the statsmafia works, but im quite amazed and dazzeled with you actualy beliving they could be used

Unread 11 Oct 2015, 15:29   #13
SantaCruz
I've been around

Quote:
Ive had my stats shutdown 3 times.
Maybe its because im familiar with how the statsmafia works, but im quite amazed and dazzeled with you actualy beliving they could be used
Your probably dazzled and amazing a lot in life. shiny objects, simple math, all the pretty red underlined words before you send your post....
Unread 11 Oct 2015, 15:47   #14
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You're.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 11 Oct 2015, 15:50   #15
SantaCruz
I've been around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
You're.
Meh I'm not writing a school paper. I don't care about that shit.
Unread 11 Oct 2015, 17:48   #16
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough

Use a stats program I heard there's a new compiler pm me on IRC

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Oct 2015, 21:38   #17
Mzyxptlk
mz.

For the record, here's the changes that have been made (presumably by Appoco) since r52:

Pegasus: ERes 84 -> 85 (+7%)
Drake: ERes 84 -> 85 (+7%)
Wyvern: Targetting Fr/De -> De/Fr
Medusa: ERes 83 -> 84 (+6%)

Beetle: Guns 7 -> 8 (+14%)
Roach: Guns 9 -> 10 (+11%), ERes 23 -> 47 (+45%)
Tarantula: Init 2 -> 1, ERes 38 -> 57 (+44%)
Mosquito: ERes 60 -> 68 (+25%)
Hornet: ERes 28 -> 51 (+47%)

Arrowhead: Init 7 -> 8, Cost 231 -> 198 (-14%)
Bolt Thrower: Targetting Bs -> Cr, Init 7 -> 6
Fireblade: Targetting Co -> Co/Cr, ERes 48 -> 44 (-7%)
Ghost: Targetting Cr/Bs -> Bs, ERes 56 -> 63 (+19%)
Peacekeeper: Class Bs -> Cr
Illusion: ERes 35 -> 43 (+14%)

Corsair: ERes 70 -> 63 (-9%)
Clipper: Init 20 -> 21, Dmg 60 -> 70 (+17%)
Marauder: Init 20 -> 19, Arm 160 -> 145 (-9%), ERes 48 -> 60 (+30%)
Rogue: Targetting De/Fr -> Fr/De, ERes 57 -> 66 (+26%)
Pirate: Init 19 -> 20, Arm 300 -> 290 (-3%), Dmg 295 -> 280 (-5%)
Pillager: ERes 57 -> 66 (+26%)

Interceptor: Arm 7 -> 6 (-14%), ERes 40 -> 48 (+15%), Cost 134 -> 145 (+8%)
Merchant: ERes 48 -> 54 (+13%)
Ranger: Ranger Arm 19 -> 21 (+11%), Dmg 17 -> 19 (+12%), ERes 28 -> 34 (+9%) , Cost 501 -> 555 (+11%)
Investor: Arm 26 -> 29 (+11%), ERes 38 -> 44 (+11%), Cost 575 -> 640 (+11%)
Dealer: Dealer ERes 75 -> 71 (-14%)
Rambler: Arm 25 -> 27 (+8%), Guns 27 -> 30 (+11%), ERes 27 -> 43 (+22%), Cost 609 -> 675 (+11%)

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 12 Oct 2015 at 09:12.
Unread 11 Oct 2015, 23:58   #18
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

First the stats mafia denies SantaCruz to run his stats.
The the stats mafia chooses mz set.
Then the stats mafia does changes to mz set.
And now mz is updating the rest of us on the changes?
This smells fishy!!!

Unread 12 Oct 2015, 02:38   #19
SantaCruz
I've been around

thats awesome mz ty
Unread 12 Oct 2015, 04:40   #20
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough

Whoever is controlling the strings on Appoco, can you please tell him to stop being a moron. Refusing to make changes to benefit the game and make it more interesting is one thing. Picking a set way out of left field that looks shocking is another.

I literally want to slap him.
Krypton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2015, 00:27   #21
Joseph
Error

Joseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really niceJoseph is just really nice

if there is no feedback about the reasons your stats was dennied, its impossible to fix and improve it.

if appocco wants the community to help them creating stats, he is probably not doing a very good job.
Unread 14 Oct 2015, 00:47   #22
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough

Boycott imo. We are the ones paying him for the privilege of ridiculous decisions
Unread 14 Oct 2015, 17:13   #23
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Xan can roid every race with at least one of its fleets, except itself, and is only roided by EMP or Etd Fr. Ter might be ok with its huge armour, but mass Xan would do very well in these stats.

When Xan can't roid itself, and is the most picked race, the best thing to do to not get roided is to pick Xan as well...
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2015, 17:21   #24
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypton View Post
Boycott imo. We are the ones paying him for the privilege of ridiculous decisions
Wich stats did you want to rerun then?
Im not in favour of r52s ones either

Unread 14 Oct 2015, 18:59   #25
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

Only XP should work the same as in R52...
Unread 14 Oct 2015, 22:15   #26
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

I don't believe Appoco is being paid anything, fyi, only Cin is/was (assuming Lunar_Lamp donates any profit PA makes).
Unread 14 Oct 2015, 22:31   #27
Kez

Kez has a spectacular aura aboutKez has a spectacular aura about

I don't know why you all moan about Apocco. He chose my round name and gave me a free credit without a vote I like him haha
R64 Terra - defence duties
R65 Faceless - defence duties
R66 Faceless - rank 90 (inactive half of round)
R67 Norseman - Rank 26
R68 Norseman - Rank 19
R69 P3nguins - Rank 22 - Scanner
R74 Faceless - Rank 4
R75 Heresy - Rank 15
R76 RaGe - Rank 4 - defence duties
Kez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Oct 2015, 06:08   #28
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

Why weren't Etd bs brought into the same cost bracket as Ter bs? and along the same line, why are brokers cheaper than cat cr?
Unread 26 Oct 2015, 08:25   #29
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
Why weren't Etd bs brought into the same cost bracket as Ter bs? and along the same line, why are brokers cheaper than cat cr?
Maybe EMP res

Unread 26 Oct 2015, 09:11   #30
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
Because it was a rush job.

For this round, anyway. The cost of Ter De and Bs was intentionally and carefully but still incorrectly set up like that in r51.
Unread 26 Oct 2015, 10:28   #31
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

i see, so an oversight?
Unread 26 Oct 2015, 14:02   #32
fortran

Overconfidence?
Unread 27 Oct 2015, 09:42   #33
Krypton
KK

Arrogance from the Sepp Blatter of PA
Unread 27 Oct 2015, 18:14   #34
Mzyxptlk
mz.

That makes 0 sense.
Unread 31 Oct 2015, 10:47   #35
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

I Told appoco to make Etd bs and Xan De costs the same as Ter de/bs when he was editing and he said he would. Then he made a few changes after that and then logged off. I even volenteered to change the costs and keep the effs the same but he wouldnt listen. This entire probem sits squarely in Appocomasters lap.
Unread 31 Oct 2015, 20:49   #36
fortran

Quote:
That makes 0 sense.
Quite the opposite. Things are just wrong. For example, every word in Tia's post.
Unread 1 Nov 2015, 09:50   #37
Tiamat101

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortran View Post
Quite the opposite. Things are just wrong. For example, every word in Tia's post.
How does this make any sense? I told appocomaster that it would be a problem having ter bs and etd bs cost so different same wth xan de and ter De. He said he would fix it and he never did.
Unread 1 Nov 2015, 10:29   #38
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
How does this make any sense? I told appocomaster that it would be a problem having ter bs and etd bs cost so different same wth xan de and ter De. He said he would fix it and he never did.
Why is it a issue again? Aint it just cosmetical?

Unread 1 Nov 2015, 10:43   #39
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortran View Post
Krypton accused Appoco of arrogance and corruption. That makes 0 sense.

Quote:
Why is it a issue again? Aint it just cosmetical?
It is rather shocking that someone who's made as many sets of stats as you have doesn't actually know how stats work.

To answer your question, EMP flak.
Unread 1 Nov 2015, 10:59   #40
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Krypton accused Appoco of arrogance and corruption. That makes 0 sense.

It is rather shocking that someone who's made as many sets of stats as you have doesn't actually know how stats work.

To answer your question, EMP flak.
Aint it value based?

Unread 1 Nov 2015, 11:07   #41
Shhhhhhh

Shhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to all

Quote:
Aint it value based?
Please learn these basic things before suggesting any more sets or giving your opinion on other sets.
Shhhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2015, 11:24   #42
Tiamat101

It has to do with number of ships targeted. Since emp works based on # of ships instead of a damage value, Ter De costs 4.5x as much as Xan De. So with 2 equal value Ter and Xan Fleets the Xan gets "Over targeted" because of the number of ships
http://game.planetarion.com/bcalc.pl?id=73lkg1erwodhtse

This calc will show you what I mean.

70k vipers EMPs 10k pegasus
70k Vipers Emps 38095 Fireblades
140k vipers Emps 20k Pegasus.
140k Vipers DOESNT even come close to emp 10k pegasus AND 38095 Fireblades. Where they are the same value yet the Ter is barely 50% emped.

This is entirely based on Cost, and not E/R. The SAME effect is happening with ETD and Ter Bs. Ter BS is about 4x as expensive as Etd.

This was something that i offered Appocomaster I would fix. It would take me 20 minutes and i wouldnt keep emp effs the same as he left it. He told me that he would change it. He never did. So because of this emp is totally ****ed.
Unread 1 Nov 2015, 12:39   #43
fortran

I think there is one major issue:
- some people can bypass the whole stats making process.

Or maybe the real stats making should be done side by side with Apoc, asking him for advice, giving him feedback, getting support from others, licking some balls (like IRL).

Not complaining, just trying to figure out how things work.
Unread 1 Nov 2015, 14:49   #44
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Well first of all why not make emp value dependant than the current formule?

Unread 1 Nov 2015, 15:03   #45
Patrikc

Personally I prefer it this way, because when used properly it creates an interesting mechanic. Especially with EMP interacting with higher init EMP.

For example, if Spider hits Beetle first, but Beetle has higher ERes than its Co counterparts, Beetle gets to fire much more in Co teamups than it would alone.
Unread 1 Nov 2015, 20:17   #46
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Flak is an interesting mechanic that stats makers are not required to use, and are generally adviced not to use to the extent that these stats do. Removing the possibility of putting it in, though, is fairly pointless.
Unread 1 Nov 2015, 23:17   #47
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Flak is an interesting mechanic that stats makers are not required to use, and are generally adviced not to use to the extent that these stats do. Removing the possibility of putting it in, though, is fairly pointless.
Well if you use "very high" emp res for terran BS, its pretty hard balancing out lower EMP res for other races using BS unless you just make ships cheaper.
That ter BS in these stats are 3-4 times more exenspive than ETD in these stats maybe is a little bit too much though

Unread 2 Nov 2015, 01:13   #48
Tiamat101

Well the general rule has been that ships of the same class should cost no more than 40% more or less that the average for that class. Otherwise you really start to mess with the way emp targets the. The formula has very little to do with E/r and more to do with number of ships targeted.
Unread 2 Nov 2015, 01:36   #49
Patrikc

It's two-fold, in fact: ships twice as expensive not only get targeted less because of lower numbers, but are also more resistant.

http://game.planetarion.com/bcalc.pl?id=ukw365h2388as5d

While Tycoons are just over 4 times more affected by EMP (34/100 vs Dragon's 8/100), they get frozen 17 times as much (roughly ER difference * price difference).

Also interesting to note, if you double the amount of Tarantulas, the value of EMPd ships only increases from 2.21m to 3m, because of all the guns wasted on the Etd Bs.
Unread 2 Nov 2015, 09:06   #50
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post
Also interesting to note, if you double the amount of Tarantulas, the value of EMPd ships only increases from 2.21m to 3m, because of all the guns wasted on the Etd Bs.
Here's another fun one.