User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 23 Nov 2004, 20:32   #201
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Ministry - The return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt
yay.

Time to get some quality back to pa.
There isn't any quality currently in PA?

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 20:34   #202
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
Dread actually contributed to his alliance (Wrath, Fury, Eclipse and 1up) whether he was a small or big planet yet could still maintain himself.

Additionally, you played r7 because the Retired Deus Ex Machina gal which I was in led an assault upon your galaxy that was quite successful.
I didnt "play" r7. I had an account for 2 weeks then I left for military service that lasted 11 months and 2 days (heh). If you count rounds like that as playing then I also played r8, r9 and r9,5. I was prolly online the full 10 mins a day!
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 20:41   #203
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla
I didnt "play" r7. I had an account for 2 weeks then I left for military service that lasted 11 months and 2 days (heh). If you count rounds like that as playing then I also played r8, r9 and r9,5. I was prolly online the full 10 mins a day!
Was it really within 2 weeks of the round starting that my gal hit you? :|

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 20:43   #204
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all

Quote:
Was it really within 2 weeks of the round starting that my gal hit you? :|
My account didnt run anywhere, so it cud of been later ? In which case I never even noticed
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 20:51   #205
Entropy

Entropy is an unknown quantity at this point

EVE ftl. So glad I quit, from all I've heard the game is even more boring than it used to be. Odd that Shiva was renamed Exodus, that was the name of the corp I ran before I joined Xanadu.

Been playing DAoC again and liking it, but I'm most likely giving PA another try next round just for the hell of it. MINISTREEEEEEEEH!

And in hindsight, I probably should've podded Zhil instead of giving him 1mill ISK.
R3 53:1:22 - Black Sigma HC
R4 233:20:1 - Black Sigma HC
R5 5:??:?? - Karma
R6 22:2:1 - Xanadu

Proud to be Xanadu
Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 21:14   #206
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

Quote:
10/10 for reading skills. Fairly impressed how you managed to deduce that from my post. Congrats.
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 21:38   #207
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt
10/10 for reading skills. Fairly impressed how you managed to deduce that from my post. Congrats.
not the quality it used to be atleast.

but with me and newt rejoining.. +many ministry

^^

maybe it can be better

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 22:14   #208
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

im bringing the pies!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mmmmmmm pie
pie pie pie
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 22:15   #209
Dinoman

Dinoman is an unknown quantity at this point

Feel the ministry...
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 22:20   #210
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Now now Wishy, over-arrogance only leads to failure, as some people found out in r11, (hi vanquisher!) hope your egoes aren`t too big to be able to suck it up and learn the game well enough;).
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 22:28   #211
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

jernub hush, sid b0i
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 22:29   #212
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Countdown to a mod editing your signature, started.
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 22:36   #213
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

AzureWrath is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
huge sigs are as annoying as ministreh spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 22:38   #214
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
not the quality it used to be atleast.

but with me and newt rejoining.. +many ministry

^^

maybe it can be better
nice, I get to wtfpwn you in pa at least

WB

Quote:
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 22:56   #215
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

Quote:
What do I win if I figure out how to do it?
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 22:57   #216
jerome

A badge.
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 23:00   #217
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:
The Quality of alliances in PA far outwieghs that of those in Planet|a...
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 23:04   #218
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

Quote:
A badge.
you've got a deal!
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 23:06   #219
jerome

No guarantees on the badge being delivered however. Or existing for that matter.
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 23:06   #220
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt
people only play ******** cuz it's free...no matter how 'gay' some make PaX, being free is ********'s only enticement

Quote:
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 23:39   #221
Leinad
DrFlame

Leinad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
roflcopter, alone the fact that pia had 30 min ticks means that u clearly need more "skill" (=activity) to compete in pia.
Its a lot easier to own PA than pia.
Leinad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 23:43   #222
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
I dont agree. Some pia alliances are pretty good.

and pia is fun aswell, even with shitty stats it is still better/more fun than pa imo.Who cares if pa costs $?
I left cause of pax, and all the changes being made which I didnt like.

it is because of memberbase and community ++ I am rejoining pa.

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 23:50   #223
Leinad
DrFlame

Quote:
I dont agree. Some pia alliances are pretty good.

and pia is fun aswell, even with shitty stats it is still better/more fun than pa imo.Who cares if pa costs $?
I left cause of pax, and all the changes being made which I didnt like.

it is because of memberbase and community ++ I am rejoining pa.

Wish lets be friends in PA!
Let us create teh evil pia powerblock here in pa! :[
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 23:51   #224
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Rikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really nice

i mean come on jerome is in top100 of PA
how hard can it be!

<zhil|reportwrit> Rikard - I dont know you
<zhil|reportwrit> so you're insignificant

eXilition - LCH - Destiny - Conspiracy - Night Witches - eXcessum
Rikard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 23:52   #225
BlueArmy
EMO HC OF ASCENDANCY

BlueArmy will become famous soon enoughBlueArmy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikard
how hard can it be!
Point proven.
it's just donkey say donkey do here

Ministry for life.
BlueArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 23:52   #226
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leinad
Wish lets be friends in PA!
Let us create teh evil pia powerblock here in pa! :[

hehe

ok. us pia guys have to stick together.

lets show them hardcore gaming, like pa USED to be.

Quote:
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 23:53   #227
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikard
how hard can it be!
due to the XP, jerome was owning at the start (with my support ofcourse )

Quote:
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 23:57   #228
jerome

Planetarion is better than ******** because:

1- there is more "thinking" involved, ******** is the exact same game it was years ago, who the hell isnt good at it bar total newbs, Planetarion post r10 is a new game in many features, engineering, constructions researches, fleet compositions are all quite varied and able to being customized in many ways and some who think a lot about it will have extra bonuses to others who don`t.

2- less cheating, eod. I doubt it`s much harder to cheat in pa than pia, but the money issue makes people a lot more hesitant to cheat, although you could probably abuse free planets as escorts/defwhores for the early round as a boost

3- it has more planets than ********.
r11 pa - 4.5k planets / 2.5k paid r9 pia - 2.8k planets~
r12 pa - 4k planets / 2k~ paid r10 pia - 2.25k planets

4- Huge blocking issue isn`t really valid here, more fluid politics sort of like r9 ********, it`s a "shame" to be part of a block here whereas people are still quite "proud" to be in x block with x allies etc.

5- One alliance doesn`t win 90% of rounds like in ********, 1up/MISTU/LCH/HR have all been relatively close to taking or taken the top position this round, the fluidity is good and the round lasts MUCH more than pia.

6- the game(pa) itself is more interesting because it is new, ******** is old, boring, overstated & repetitive.

7- Activity isn`t the deciding factor in seperating "skill" groups, it`s the understanding of the game. Ofcourse certain levels of activity is still needed. But thats a general requirement ofc.

I do wish they took off these childish word filters though.

rikard - I was top100 several rounds of pia too :/
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 23:59   #229
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

imo the overall quality of alliances is far better in pa.

Atm I think its only one alliance in pia that could compete for #1 in pa and that is dragons. The rest are either to unorganised or lack member quality to compete with the top of the pops in pa.

Maybe deuce too but they havent had a chance to show what they can do in pia yet.

It will be interesting to see how well Ministry will do and dragons if they ever deside to return.
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 00:00   #230
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

Quote:
...round lasts MUCH more than pia.
yea, 4 day rounds are so lame

Quote:
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 00:03   #231
jerome

Oh, about the alliances, fact is that, discipline is much more important here than in ******** because of the members limit, this means 1] you don`t have as much sources of proper-def as you could have there 2] so you have to have all team players in your alliance to optimize your potential. 3] Selfish players are less of a commodity here, whereas they are a general commonplace in the "higher echelons" of pia. You would find that the top planets of alliances ie. 1up have a lot of defence points because they have to defend to receive defence & still attack regularly enough to grow therefore use fleets more efficiently etc. Whereas in ********, the usual story was that the "lower" members defend a lot as flak and the "higher" guys 3fleet and get big, then the "lower" guys kiss the "higher" guys ass because they can`t figure out how/why they got so much bigger than them.

Note - usual/common != always
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 00:04   #232
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:

1- there is more "thinking" involved, ******** is the exact same game it was years ago, who the hell isnt good at it bar total newbs, Planetarion post r10 is a new game in many features, engineering, constructions researches, fleet compositions are all quite varied and able to being customized in many ways and some who think a lot about it will have extra bonuses to others who don`t.

2- less cheating, eod. I doubt it`s much harder to cheat in pa than pia, but the money issue makes people a lot more hesitant to cheat, although you could probably abuse free planets as escorts/defwhores for the early round as a boost

4- Huge blocking issue isn`t really valid here, more fluid politics sort of like r9 ********, it`s a "shame" to be part of a block here whereas people are still quite "proud" to be in x block with x allies etc.

5- One alliance doesn`t win 90% of rounds like in ********, 1up/MISTU/LCH/HR have all been relatively close to taking or taken the top position this round, the fluidity is good and the round lasts MUCH more than pia.

6- the game(pa) itself is more interesting because it is new, ******** is old, boring, overstated & repetitive.

7- Activity isn`t the deciding factor in seperating "skill" groups, it`s the understanding of the game. Ofcourse certain levels of activity is still needed. But thats a general requirement ofc.

rikard - I was top100 several rounds of pia too :/
jerome, so far I still dislike the changes being made. I could name them all ( the ones I dislike) but as this is ad, I wont. pa would pwn pia if they had used old pa.

And, pre launch has made peeps lazy. So u wont c the same activity as u c in pia with 30 mins ticks. we r used to be on 24/7. thats why I think we can show all that we will pwn them.

Quote:
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 00:06   #233
Leinad
DrFlame

Quote:

PA is not rocket science, looking some minutes at the stats and u can own the game as easily as pia.

Quote:
true but that has nothing to do with the needed skill of alliances or players.

Quote:
more players maybe, more hardcore players? I dont think so.

Quote:

PA is much older and this no block stuff is not even 2 rounds old and shows allready flaws.
In round 2-7 we had pretty every round with the same top alliances and that the last rounds werent dominated by one alliances is more due to the reason that PA had in the last few rounds till 1up came no top alliance with a constant perfomance (the "uber" alliances were gone).

Quote:

tbh some stat changes dont make games like these really more interesting, in the end its all about logging in and doing stuff which every monkey could do.

Tbh i think both games deserve their place but i really doubt that if 1up would have joined some rounds ago pia instead of pa they could have owned it like pa.
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 00:06   #234
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

pia > pa

KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 00:07   #235
jerome

ofcourse some changes are quite bad, but they do want to make it a bit newb-friendly for recruitment purposes, hey why complain, more roids for you/me to take right?;)
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 00:10   #236
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
ofcourse some changes are quite bad, but they do want to make it a bit newb-friendly for recruitment purposes, hey why complain, more roids for you/me to take right?
true, but wtf, value? 1 tick attack ? in game alliances

ahh well..

I ll play anyways, give it one last go and c if I like it then. if I do, I ll admit I was wrong.

Quote:
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 00:11   #237
jerome

if you think just the stats have changed leinad you need to look closer. ie. how you go about with your res/con is EXTREMELY important, im too lazy to explain why in depth, but if your amongst top ranks (and your no idiot so you should be like others from pia ie. me & linkie, were) you`ll see the significane & importance of pre-planning routes or atleast being versatile in adjusting a lot midway etc.
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 00:13   #238
Leinad
DrFlame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler
imo the overall quality of alliances is far better in pa.

Atm I think its only one alliance in pia that could compete for #1 in pa and that is dragons. The rest are either to unorganised or lack member quality to compete with the top of the pops in pa.

Maybe deuce too but they havent had a chance to show what they can do in pia yet.

It will be interesting to see how well Ministry will do and dragons if they ever deside to return.
Pia alliances look more unorganised cause of the 30 min ticks.
Ppl really understiminate this factor. Alone the changes in military due to 30 min ticks are very extreme and tbh thats the only thing u can judge alliances regarding organisation as "outsider" (not being in every ally).
Also i think the hardcore playing of pia resulted in the last 2 rounds in a burnout of a lot of ppl.
Lets be honest, 1up is maybe the first alliance since Fury/Xanadu/Legion which could be able show a top perfomance over many rounds but all others like Fang, Eclipse, Phraktos had also a lot of problems.
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 00:23   #239
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

Nice to see you around

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 00:27   #240
Treveler

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Pia alliances look more unorganised cause of the 30 min ticks.
Ppl really understiminate this factor. Alone the changes in military due to 30 min ticks are very extreme and tbh thats the only thing u can judge alliances regarding organisation as "outsider" (not being in every ally).
Also i think the hardcore playing of pia resulted in the last 2 rounds in a burnout of a lot of ppl.
Lets be honest, 1up is maybe the first alliance since Fury/Xanadu/Legion which could be able show a top perfomance over many rounds but all others like Fang, Eclipse, Phraktos had also a lot of problems.
I`m not only talking as an outsider tho.

In pia I`ve been in dragons (1 round), spartans (2 rounds), ouzo (1 round) and Zeal (1 round). (won 2 rounds and lost 3)

I`ve only played 1 round hardcore tho, but I believe that gives me some insight to the general activity/organisation/political skills etc of pia.

I`m perfectly aware of the effects of 30 min ticks. To organise defence is of course alot harder, but attack organiseing and preparations is not much effected besides the fact that you have to do everything twise as much (pretty much).
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 00:28   #241
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
pia > pa

pa > pia

Quote:
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 00:32   #242
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

Quote:
And, pre launch has made peeps lazy. So u wont c the same activity as u c in pia with 30 mins ticks. we r used to be on 24/7. thats why I think we can show all that we will pwn them.

some changes to pa are rather..harsh, i agree. I didnt like many of the new features either, but now playing in my 3rd round since PaX, it feels good.

and about prelaunch, you never get anywhere by being lazy, do you?

Quote:
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 00:37   #243
Leinad
DrFlame

Quote:
I`m not only talking as an outsider tho.

In pia I`ve been in dragons (1 round), spartans (2 rounds), ouzo (1 round) and Zeal (1 round). (won 2 rounds and lost 3)

I`ve only played 1 round hardcore tho, but I believe that gives me some insight to the general activity/organisation/political skills etc of pia.

I`m perfectly aware of the effects of 30 min ticks. To organise defence is of course alot harder, but attack organiseing and preparations is not much effected besides the fact that you have to do everything twise as much (pretty much).
ofc is attacking a lot more effected.
Alone the needed morning/afternoon attacks add a whole new dimension and stress to the BC's/the organisation (BC's need to be around 24/7 and get hardly sleep and need to react a lot faster in case of incs => counters etc.).
Lets also not forget that pa was random the last rounds and a random round is a lot less stressfull and needs less organisational skills than rounds with priv gals and blocks and tbh the last priv gal round of PA wasnt really a good example of alliance organisation.
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 00:52   #244
Treveler

Quote:
ofc is attacking a lot more effected.
Alone the needed morning/afternoon attacks add a whole new dimension and stress to the BC's/the organisation (BC's need to be around 24/7 and get hardly sleep and need to react a lot faster in case of incs => counters etc.).
Lets also not forget that pa was random the last rounds and a random round is a lot less stressfull and needs less organisational skills than rounds with priv gals and blocks and tbh the last priv gal round of PA wasnt really a good example of alliance organisation.
I think we talk alittle over eachothers heads here. I talk about harder as in more difficult. You ahve to do everything twise as fast and not only twise as much and that is mostly effecting def organisation. It is of course much more stressfull for the MO`s and DC`s as everything goes twise as fast. (unless you have the doubble amount of officers)

It shouldnt have any effect on how attacks are organised, ie rules of targeting, open raids vs bg/gal raids etc. clusterorganisation, communication between alliances, organisation of blocks etc...
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 00:56   #245
Leinad
DrFlame

Quote:
It shouldnt have any effect on how attacks are organised, ie rules of targeting, open raids vs bg/gal raids etc. clusterorganisation, communication between alliances, organisation of blocks etc...
but in reality it has though i cant be bothered to explain it in detail.
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 00:56   #246
Alki
Drink is Good

ur obv a whiney schlong sucker:/ full of batty boys, since the reason for my quit msg was the fact i got banned for 2 girls gettin it on:/

Last edited by Alki; 24 Nov 2004 at 01:03.
Alki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 01:03   #247
Treveler

Quote:
but in reality it has though i cant be bothered to explain it in detail.
Then I have to keep my original opinion that the overall skills of pa alliances succeed that of pia.
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 01:07   #248
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

I think people overestimate the skill left in the PA community.
To me it looks like there is two good alliances, LCH and 1up, and the rest is pretty medicore.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 01:13   #249
Treveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
I think people overestimate the skill left in the PA community.
To me it looks like there is two good alliances, LCH and 1up, and the rest is pretty medicore.
I agree but I`m talking about the relative average skill level between 2 communities. Pa today cant be compared to pa of the old days.

The last 2-3 rounds of pia dragons has been the only quality alliance in that game.
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 01:14   #250
LeviUK
Galley Slave

LeviUK is an unknown quantity at this point

o_O

Planetarion Amateur since round 4.
LeviUK is offline   Reply With Quote