User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 10 Mar 2003, 00:27   #1
JBOY
Retired

JBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to all
Boy racer gone Wrong

A friend of minehas recently purchased a car.
Now, he's the typical boy racer type, wanted a 1.6gti golf, favours the car mag and modification sections, had picked the bumpers, alloys, and spoiler for his preffered cars, golf or Fiesta flight.
However, shock was delivered just yesterday, as he proudly drove his new car to work.

a Corsa.
3 door.
1.3i
no mods, no cd player or big bass speakers
minty green/blue.
L reg.

Now whilst this was shock enough, the self professed all knowing car god, paid 1800 for the thing,
it has 95k miles on it, it had no road tax, it's MoT is due at the end of next month.....

Why oh why pay that, for an older car, with that mileage, with no road tax, an the mot due in a month......???

i expected a suped up golf, or a fiesta with big speakers, or at one point he even considered a big engine Nova and had the mods all planned out.............

I'm baffled. Corsa's up here, are considered the girliest of cars......
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 00:32   #2
Amoril
Twisted

Amoril is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Boy racer gone Wrong

Quote:
Originally posted by JBOY
Corsa's up here, are considered the girliest of cars......

Maybe he's trying to tell people something.
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 00:41   #3
nickhall
Naked & Profane

nickhall is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Boy racer gone Wrong

Quote:
I'm baffled. Corsa's up here, are considered the girliest of cars......
Is that not the case everywhere??

and probabaly because corsas are cheeper to insure than any of the others mentioned by a fking long way (as they are underpowered and s**te). even so its a rip off at that price especialy with very high milage (the engines made by vauhall - they usually fall apart by about 80k) and so close to its MOT.

And did they ever do a 1.3 corsa i thought it had always been a 1.2.
nickhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 00:48   #4
JBOY
Retired

JBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to all
it's got 1.4 on the back, the actual spec is 1350cc, and, as you said, vauxhall's are horribly under powered, not like it could actually do what a 1.4 could do.
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 00:55   #5
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
remind me to ask for your help when i get round to getting me a car mr boy

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 01:02   #6
JBOY
Retired

Admittedly, when it comes to car's, my standards may be slightly boy raceryish.

i want a Golf 1.4, has to be M reg or above, at least the new bodywork,
or failing that something in the peugot 306 variety,
I'd settle for a clio.

however, there will be no modifications to my car.
cd player mibbe, but no big bass crappy speakers with crap treble and all bass.
i refuse to consider a fiesta, or a metro.

or anything below a 1.3
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 01:06   #7
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
all i want is a small piece of **** that gets me from A to B.

and preferrably that i can pay repayments on a pizza delivery boy's wages.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 01:06   #8
nickhall
Naked & Profane

nickhall is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

I'd settle for a clio.

or anything below a 1.3
totaly agree
nickhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 01:15   #9
JBOY
Retired

Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
all i want is a small piece of **** that gets me from A to B.

and preferrably that i can pay repayments on a pizza delivery boy's wages.
Whilst i considered the small car cheap on insurance banger.
i looked at Uno's, a few metro's, the ever classic cheap car the panda, the nova, etc etc
it simply isnt worth it.

If they are old an cheap, then chances are they'll break, and at a most innapropriatte time, or you'll struggle to get an apparent 1.6 over 65mph.

I'd much rather spend a bit of money on something thats driveable, something that doesnt look like its about to fall apart, and something that'll pass at least one years MoT till i decide to buy something else.

Insurance companies are actually wisening up to people shifting thru a variety of crappy cars and just buying a new heap when they total it, you're less likely to care what your doing with an old banger than with something decent......
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 01:17   #10
MrBrick
Gone

MrBrick is an unknown quantity at this point
I paid well over the odds for my car, but only just....found it at a private dealers.

C-reg Vauxhall Nova saloon
14k Genuine on the clock (AA Check thingy)
1.2 litre.

She runs nicely, pristine condition, apart from the fag burn I added :/

£1200 with new gearbox.

I'm a sucker for ugly cars with pointy edges.
MrBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 01:32   #11
JBOY
Retired

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBrick
I paid well over the odds for my car, but only just....found it at a private dealers.

C-reg Vauxhall Nova saloon
14k Genuine on the clock (AA Check thingy)
1.2 litre.

She runs nicely, pristine condition, apart from the fag burn I added :/

£1200 with new gearbox.

I'm a sucker for ugly cars with pointy edges.
Scrappy car dealer in next town does old cheap cars, they atm, have three nova's, one a suped up boy racer 1.4 f reg with 30k on it for £500
the other two are about £200 each, both G reg's.

a different friend attempted the buy crappy bangers theory.
in a year he went thru
a nissan micra e reg, 1.2 but with a 1.4 engine in it, it hit 65 and started rattling, he pushed it to 72 once, causing the timing belt to snap, and at the same time the cylinder head gasket blew, taking out the radiator.
Next he went with an F reg fiesta, 1.1. after replacing the sump and timing belt, the radiator blew an warped the head gasket.
5 cars followed.
He currently drives a new Clio.
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 01:37   #12
Amoril
Twisted

Amoril is an unknown quantity at this point
I think my first Car will be at worst a BMW 3 series.

I'm not getting a car until i can afford something like that.

I am also not getting a car until i really absolutely need one.
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 01:58   #13
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
my mates got a pretty decent clio

anothers got a brand new 307, that car is brilliant
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 07:56   #14
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Amoril
I think my first Car will be at worst a BMW 3 series.

I'm not getting a car until i can afford something like that.

I am also not getting a car until i really absolutely need one.
I can't afford a car either, but my first car will be an old small thingy that is about to fall apart. That way I won't have to worry if I accidentally hit something or make a scratch on it. One dent more or less shouldn't matter.
Only thing I want it for is for getting me from the one place to the other.
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 09:31   #15
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I have a bus pass/travelcard.

It cost £836.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 10:36   #16
menth0l
dim like a fox

menth0l is on a distinguished road
Yes hello i would like a car with 4 wheels that runs.
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
menth0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 10:43   #17
menth0l
dim like a fox

Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
I have a bus pass/travelcard.

It cost £836.

That is a hideous amount of money.
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 11:09   #18
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
When I was 19 my first car was a 3 year old Astra GTE (lookalike, haha) wish looked fantastic but wasnt too fast. My second and current car is a Calibra 2.0i. Cant be arsed with it though so its sat on the drive getting dirty!
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 11:14   #19
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Flavius
for a year ?
Yes.
Quote:
Originally posted by menth0l
That is a hideous amount of money.
Yes. I can't even get the train/underground to Central London with that. Bastards.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 11:16   #20
menth0l
dim like a fox

Because my travel card for the greater Helsinki area costs around 1 euro per day (it's a 60 day pass). If i bought one for the whole year it would be considerably less.

[yes i'm a student get over it you ****s]
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 13:58   #21
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
People who mod cars are inherently gay.

They very very rarely look like anything more than a heap of ****.

Example:
That Rover 200 I saw with skirts, twin exhausts, neon underlighting, 'large' intake and a plastic filler cap replacement with the look of chrome. Oh, and the absolute worst alloy-lookalikes.

He strolled his car past me and two flatmates shortly after we'd exited an off-license, expecting some kind of head nodding or appreciation or something.

We pointed, we laughed. He had his girlfriend in the car who had a look of disgust on her face for the surroundings.

\o/
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 14:48   #22
CjC
Throwing Shapes

CjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant future
To my knowledge my Golf Mk2 is about three insurance groups higher than normal because it has the badge "GTI" on it.

If I then added a turbo and started modding the bodywork, I think my Insurer might start laughing.

Think about the desirability of a car more than its power / age etc..
CjC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 14:51   #23
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold
I bet you screamed bass
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 14:54   #24
hinch
Banned

hinch is an unknown quantity at this point
if your being picky vauxhalls are specifically overpowered if you want i`ll go into the reasons why later

admitidly 1800 for such a car is a bad call perhaps 1100 would have been more sensiable however a corsa is 100 times cheaper to insure than the equivilent gti etc. + the performance isnt that far off if you know what your doing with one.

1350 does = 1.4 as far as markups are concerned as its at the 50 if it was 1349 then it`d be a 1.3

corsas standard are gay however spend a bit of cash on them and they can be pretty cool sitting on 18`s
hinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 14:58   #25
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by deerbarn
I bet you screamed bass
YOU ARE WINNER! HAHAHA!

Also:
Welcome to our newest member, Nikolan

COINCIDENCE?
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 15:43   #26
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
Quote:

I'd settle for a clio.

or anything below a 1.3

heh

I picked me a 206 1.6 16v

I see why it wins rallies

Sadly I will have to turn it in when I move to Spain. My GF has a 1.3 fiesta. Nuff said.
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 15:45   #27
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by menth0l
Yes hello i would like a car with 4 wheels that runs.
One year of continuously being overtaken and being 'fingered' by really old people will make you more picky.
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 15:55   #28
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
My Puggy 206 is being changed to a used 306 TD or a Golf TDi in August, due to it's habit of reversing on it's own into piles of bricks.

I carefully explained to a female mate, the meaning of all these "mods" ppl have... Basically anybody driving a car with neons, or those stupid washerjet things etc are actually Really Nice Guys. They're even nicer if they take a standard 1.1 Fiesta, sit it on 17" alloys, lower it, and add a spoiler. In fact, the nicest, sweetest, guys are the ones who put a "Pioneer" sunscreen in.

Of course, the best guys in the world are those who do all the above and then put sticky PVC over the lights with holes cut out, add a big bore exhaust, and fake chrome filler cap.

Why are they so nice?

It's quite simple!

These guy are generously warning all people in the are not to waste time talking to them. Yes indeed! This revelation came to me in a flash!

Basically they're saying; I'm not very smart, I'm broke, I'm superficial, I'm image-driven, and I like Scooter. In fact, the amount of mods is proportional to the amount of failed GCSE's.

A totally un-modded car in the hands of somebody under 25 is usually indicative of somebody with a degree-level education. Somebody with non-standard alloys probably has an A-Level, somebody with their rear lights painted blue and their car sprayed yellow dropped out of school at 15.

It's so clear. It's also so good of them to warn us!

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 16:05   #29
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Quote:
Originally posted by Mong
My Puggy 206 is being changed to a used 306 TD or a Golf TDi in August, due to it's habit of reversing on it's own into piles of bricks.

I carefully explained to a female mate, the meaning of all these "mods" ppl have... Basically anybody driving a car with neons, or those stupid washerjet things etc are actually Really Nice Guys. They're even nicer if they take a standard 1.1 Fiesta, sit it on 17" alloys, lower it, and add a spoiler. In fact, the nicest, sweetest, guys are the ones who put a "Pioneer" sunscreen in.

Of course, the best guys in the world are those who do all the above and then put sticky PVC over the lights with holes cut out, add a big bore exhaust, and fake chrome filler cap.

Why are they so nice?

It's quite simple!

These guy are generously warning all people in the are not to waste time talking to them. Yes indeed! This revelation came to me in a flash!

Basically they're saying; I'm not very smart, I'm broke, I'm superficial, I'm image-driven, and I like Scooter. In fact, the amount of mods is proportional to the amount of failed GCSE's.

A totally un-modded car in the hands of somebody under 25 is usually indicative of somebody with a degree-level education. Somebody with non-standard alloys probably has an A-Level, somebody with their rear lights painted blue and their car sprayed yellow dropped out of school at 15.

It's so clear. It's also so good of them to warn us!

M.
my god

you are so right
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 16:44   #30
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
altho most modding does look utterly crap (especially if its not tasteful) there are times when i wish my car had alloys that filled the massive space around my current steel ones. And that my car was marginally lower to the ground..

However its only a 1.0 and it still kicks the **** out of most 1.4's so im suitably happy.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 16:51   #31
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by JammyJim
altho most modding does look utterly crap
and admining!
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 16:51   #32
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

I don't count a decent set of alloys as a stupid mod as long as they are designed for the wheels they're going on. You know what I mean, Mr. Let'sFit3FeetOfAlloysOntoThisNova.

Lowering a car crosses the gay mod line though =/ It's not much of a leap from that to black-tinting the windows and putting a ****ty spoiler on the back.

'Imo'
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 16:51   #33
ELeeming
Cultured

ELeeming is an unknown quantity at this point
The only mod worth having on a car is a bigger engine.

You civilians know nothing about cars. pfft.
God Told Me To Do It
Just Another Victim Of The Ambient Morality
Synchronise Your Dogmas
My site (well, kind of. Actually not at all, but it has my name on it in several places)
Aargh! Killer Bee attack! (\o/) (/o\) (\o/) (/o\)
ELeeming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 16:59   #34
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold
Myabe the HR therapy is going well and hes saved enough cash for the full op now.
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 17:03   #35
Mong
Forever Delayed

Quote:
Originally posted by Rinoa
Myabe the HR therapy is going well and hes saved enough cash for the full op now.
Wow, somebody actually directed us back to the original point of a thread! In a humorous fashion too!

*claps*

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 17:06   #36
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by pablissimo
YOU ARE WINNER! HAHAHA!

Also:
Welcome to our newest member, Nikolan

COINCIDENCE?
Scary, but it aint me :-/
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 17:12   #37
ELeeming
Cultured

ELeeming is an unknown quantity at this point
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view.php?id=86910

There you go, have fun.
God Told Me To Do It
Just Another Victim Of The Ambient Morality
Synchronise Your Dogmas
My site (well, kind of. Actually not at all, but it has my name on it in several places)
Aargh! Killer Bee attack! (\o/) (/o\) (\o/) (/o\)
ELeeming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 18:45   #38
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
I want neon lights, just so when i forget to put my lights on nobody tries to crash into me
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 13:20   #39
Dakeyras

lol. Good plan KaneED - has nearly happened to me millions of times.

Gotta agree that a cheap car, if looked after well (thankfully my dad is a mechanic, and so sorts my fiesta out) can be fine. I am a student and can only afford to drive a J reg 1.1 fiesta. I make up for this by driving like a maniac, and a big sound system. No crashes in nearly 2 years tho
Also, as Structural Integrity said, if ya smack it about a bit, it is not too much of a worry, whereas if those of ya who want a BMW 3 series as a first car scratch it a bit, owch!
Guy who lives behind me has a lovely 3 series, and there was a football riot right by it. He was lucky, and the guys only battered each other, and a nova, but I bet he was absolutly s**tting himself while it was happening!

JBOY - you still about then?
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 14:44   #40
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
does depend largely on how you drive car too.

if you use every ounce of power the engine has to offer even a 1.1 and 1.0 becomes 'rather ace'.

helps if you have a rev counter and a rev limiter tho so you cant use 'every bit of power + 10%'
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 15:42   #41
Mong
Forever Delayed

I must be getting old. The speed of my driving has decreased, and my all round saftey increased, over the past few years.

Suddenly I drive at 20mph near schools, and below 90mph on motorways.

Something to do with wanting to live, and not wanting to hurt other ppl!

O2 Rip-off campaign

Unread 11 Mar 2003, 15:52   #42
JBOY
Retired

Thursday i buy my car.
VW Golf 1.4i
shiny metallic silver 5 door.
already has alloys on it.
non modded.
and its not going to be modded in anyway.
well, possibly a cd player if it doesnt already have one.

\o/
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 16:08   #43
Lord Zor
Super Trooper

Lord Zor is an unknown quantity at this point
My Car is better
2000 Lancer Evo 6
4G63 2.0L TurboChargered Engine pushing about 560 hps
VeliSides DTM widebody kit
17" Velisides Andrew Racing V Rims
Carbon Fiber Evo 6 hood
Carbon Fiber Evo 6 rear wing
Sparco Torino Racing Seats
Sparco 4 point safety harness
Sparco Street Wheel
Apexi Turbo Timer
Teni Adjustable suspention with ATFC control
2 Polk Audio MoMo 12 inch subs
Alpine Minidisk player
8 Polk 6 1/2 Momo speakers with tweeters
and the list goes on =P

here's a pic of the car
am I jump all nimbly bimly from tree to tree?am I drinking milk from a saucer?
Do you see me eating mice?
Lord Zor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 16:13   #44
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Zor
My Car is better

here's a pic of the car
<.......>
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 16:14   #45
Lord Zor
Super Trooper

btw you've all been upstaged by a yank =P
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 16:43   #46
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
With the money for all those gay modifications you could have bought yourself an actual decent car.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 16:45   #47
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I will not learn how to drive.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 22:05   #48
Dakeyras

JBOY - you c lots of stars t

Talk to me u b + *'s d

I woop your a + *'s e you scottish *'s

U r mine, I will beat u

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Wasted Dak (da best in da beer)
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 21:49   #49
Lord Zor
Super Trooper

Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
With the money for all those gay modifications you could have bought yourself an actual decent car.
ROFL an actual decent car? looks like you have no idea what a car is...what are you tell me to get a RuF? because I can smoke a RuF with that car..
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 21:57   #50
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
What the hell is a RuF?
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote