User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 28 Feb 2003, 11:11   #1
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Quality USA Logic.

"Baghdad tells the UN it will obey the order to destroy its al-Samoud missiles"

In response, the US says that does not prove Iraq is co-operating.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 11:14   #2
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
I like the games Saddam plays.
To say one thing, and then at the 11th hour to turn full circle and do the opposite, must really pump Bush's nads.
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 11:18   #3
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
I think the logic is, Mong, that the Shrimps in the US government disbelieve what Saddam says (whatever he says). I think the Ragheads should try reverse psychology and shout to Bush "****ING NIGWIT WE HAVE TONS OF NUCLEAR WEAPONRY, AND WE'LL AIM THEM ALL TO ISRAEL!". That might make up Bush's mind - refering to the point above, he would have to end up in the conclusion that Iraq actually has no nuclear weaponry, cause in no hell would Saddam tell him the truth.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 11:24   #4
ELeeming
Cultured

ELeeming is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Quality USA Logic.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mong
"Baghdad tells the UN it will obey the order to destroy its al-Samoud missiles"

In response, the US says that does not prove Iraq is co-operating.
perfectly logical, as there is no proof Iraq has or will destroy the missiles.

Your problem is?
God Told Me To Do It
Just Another Victim Of The Ambient Morality
Synchronise Your Dogmas
My site (well, kind of. Actually not at all, but it has my name on it in several places)
Aargh! Killer Bee attack! (\o/) (/o\) (\o/) (/o\)
ELeeming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 11:25   #5
A Greek Waiter

It is maybe you can say one thing and do another? the prove is in the doing and not the saying? is that maybe it??
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 12:56   #6
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Quality Blair (para)quote: "We are unsure as to whether Iraq has WMD. It's possible the only way we'll discover this is to invade Iraq*. If we attach, Iraq may use WMD against it's neighbours. However if attacked, Iraq doesn't use any WMD, then this could still mean Iraq is hiding said WMD"

This is akin to witch-hunts of old: "If she drowns, then she's not a witch, or a very good witch who can feign death"

* He said "liberate", I think.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 12:57   #7
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold
Re: Re: Quality USA Logic.

Quote:
Originally posted by ELeeming
perfectly logical, as there is no proof Iraq has or will destroy the missiles.

Your problem is?
indeed i am confused by Mong :s
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 13:01   #8
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
lol stupid americans and their "logic"
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 13:22   #9
Emperorn
Ruler

Emperorn is an unknown quantity at this point
It's not about believing Iraq or not, Bush said days ago that even if Iraq destroys the missiles it will not be proof that the they are co-operating. He demanded "full and total disarmament" or something equally ambivious.

It is perfectly obvious that Bush intends to invade no matter what, so Iraq is in a catch-22 situation. Don't disarm and give Bush the justification he craves, or disarm and lose your ability to defend yourself. As said on BBC, it is in Iraq's best interest to dismantle these missiles as slowly as possible.

- George Bush Sr
Emperorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 13:26   #10
menth0l
dim like a fox

menth0l is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Emperorn

It is perfectly obvious that Bush intends to invade no matter what

Yes.
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
menth0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 18:46   #11
Kegluneq

Kegluneq is an unknown quantity at this point
Of course, proving they have been destroyed could be made much simpler if they simply aimed above mentioned missiles at US troops in the area -->WMD destroyed, threat of war avoided.

(Is there a sarcasm tag?)
Kegluneq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 18:50   #12
DJ Rejectski

I had a brother at Khe Sahn fighting off the Viet Cong
They're still there, he's all gone

He had a woman he loved in Saigon
I got a picture of him in her arms now

Down in the shadow of the penitentiary
Out by the gas fires of the refinery
I'm ten years burning down the road
Nowhere to run ain't got nowhere to go
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 18:52   #13
Texan
Prince of Amber

Texan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Kegluneq
Of course, proving they have been destroyed could be made much simpler if they simply aimed above mentioned missiles at US troops in the area -->WMD destroyed, threat of war avoided.

(Is there a sarcasm tag?)
They are not WMD. They are proscribed weapons.

My first thought when I read that Hussein had agreed to destroy the Samoud II weapons was that he would just fire them at his enemies. Voila, proscribed weapons destroyed.

I think this is the sarcasm tag: