User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 19 Feb 2003, 20:51   #1
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
War Music

So, I'm playing a game of Civ III and the music's getting on my nerves. Looking for some new tracks to put in there, right now I've got Hell March and the LoTR soundtrack, plus some other filler, any suggestions?

I'm reasonably certain this has been done before, dun see it on search tho and hell if I'm looking thru umpteen pages for it.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2003, 21:03   #2
Sub
Banned

Sub is an unknown quantity at this point
Led Zeppelin - Kashmir

that is all you need
Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2003, 21:11   #3
Spüg

'Unas Slayer of the Gods' - Nile

I always turn it on when I'm playing America's Army...

another good one for fps is Bodies ofc...
Unread 19 Feb 2003, 21:18   #4
Idi

ill think youll find the complete archive of Boltthrower is all you need.
Unread 19 Feb 2003, 21:28   #5
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Ok, I'll clarify now and say that death metal is right out (my poor ears ). Rap is a possibility, but bear in mind I'll probably have to listen to it on repeat while I play.

Unread 19 Feb 2003, 21:36   #6
Zharkov
Twang Twang

Zharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Sub
Led Zeppelin - Kashmir
this needs to be emphasised
Unread 19 Feb 2003, 21:36   #7
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
lolz0rs im listening to this SUPERB new metal band called "Death kill war eat your babies"!!!! you should hear their lyrics, so meaningful! i can relate!!!!!!

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2003, 22:55   #8
Deathjam
Banned

Deathjam is an unknown quantity at this point
queen - flash
Deathjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 07:28   #9
Christian
Attitude

Christian is infamous around these parts
Re: War Music

Quote:
Originally posted by Scoot951
I've got Hell March
That will do.
Todd: Truth is like a blanket that always leaves your feet cold. You push it, stretch it, it'll never be enough. Kick at it, beat it, it'll never cover any of us. From the moment we enter crying, to the moment we leave dying, it'll just cover your face as you wail and cry and scream.
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 07:49   #10
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Not when it's repeating over and over.

I have now added the Pearl Harbor War Theme and War (What is it good for).

(Kashmir came close but in the end just didn't have it)

Unread 20 Feb 2003, 09:26   #11
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quite clearly Holst - Mars (from the Planets Suite), and the first 5 tracks of the TA music.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 09:41   #12
Ðiscorporation

Less then Jake

Happy music, brings a smile to your face while you slaughter innocents
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 17:47   #13
FatboySliM

FatboySliM is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Sub
Led Zeppelin - Kashmir

that is all you need
agreed
Unread 20 Feb 2003, 18:20   #14
mpr0733

mpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of light
Krisiun
mpr0733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 10:53   #15
elefant
Commando

elefant is an unknown quantity at this point
enjoy

war songs
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 12:18   #16
hinch
Banned

hinch is an unknown quantity at this point
Eve of Destruction
Barry McGuire

circa 1968
featured in the stand and various other films youve proabably heard it at one point or another

White Rabbit
Jefferson Aeroplane

circa 1968
You`ll definatly know this one
hinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 12:43   #17
[GAP]Obiwan

[GAP]Obiwan is an unknown quantity at this point
Pantera - ****ing hostile
Queen - Hammer to fall
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
[GAP]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2003, 12:47   #18
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

Ride of The Valkyries. Play that when you're playing as Germany.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 14:10   #19
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
It took me this long to remember the group I was looking for, but

http://www.sonicmayhem.com/music.html

awesome war/gaming music

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 14:14   #20
ELeeming
Cultured

ELeeming is an unknown quantity at this point
Muse are good for this kind of thing.
God Told Me To Do It
Just Another Victim Of The Ambient Morality
Synchronise Your Dogmas
My site (well, kind of. Actually not at all, but it has my name on it in several places)
Aargh! Killer Bee attack! (\o/) (/o\) (\o/) (/o\)
ELeeming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 14:33   #21
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Wagner - Ride of the Valkryries
Carl Orff - Carmina Burana
Rob D - Clubbed to Death
Eminem - Lose yourself.
Indiana Jones Theme
Parodi Fair - James Bond Theme from Goldeneye
Lord of the Rings Two Towers Trailer Song (Clint Mansell - Requiem for a Dream remix)
ZZ Top Money for Nothing
Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms

when i can be bothered ill list some more
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 14:34   #22
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
OH

how could i forget 'war man' himself jimmy

Hendrix - All along the watch tower
Hendrix - Voodoo Child
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 14:44   #23
BetrayerOfHope
InspirationOfNightmares

BetrayerOfHope is an unknown quantity at this point
wumpscut - die in winter
suicide commando - bodybag
terminal choice - sons of doom
doretshire - bismark
gg alain - watch me kill the boston girl

[23:11] <Zhil|FT> OMG BOH IS THE NEW KILLMARK
BetrayerOfHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 14:52   #24
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
Aqua - Barbie Girl

He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 15:04   #25
Aûle

Every song by ManOwaR!
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 15:14   #26
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Tchaikovsky - 1812 Overture.

Set off fireworks outside for complete, surroundscape war-o-visiion.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 15:19   #27
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Dead_Meat

Excellent choice.
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 15:31   #28
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Dead_Meat

A teacher in my old school did that with hydrogen-filled balloons.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote