User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 21 May 2003, 17:44   #1
Anu
Kontrč*******

Anu is infamous around these parts
So, what's the deal with Norway?

Quote:
In the tape, a man identified by the channel as Ayman al-Zawahiri says Americans and Jewish people are the enemy who "only understand the language of murder".

He also urges Muslims to expel "criminals" from the Middle East and strike at the embassies and commercial interests of the United States, Britain, Australia and Norway.
from BBC

Why is Norway mentioned spesifically then, along with the big bad wolves?
Anu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 17:47   #2
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
even the expert that they were questioning on sky news didnt know
Unread 21 May 2003, 17:47   #3
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

Because Norway is evil, ffs.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 18:05   #4
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
well, we all know that, but how do they?
Unread 21 May 2003, 18:12   #5
Red
Reborn

Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Norway tends to piss the OPEC off every now and then, I suppose.

Ignorance is a bliss unless you die of it
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 18:23   #6
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough
-highest "standard of living."
-Oil Producer.
-God knows...
Unread 21 May 2003, 18:26   #7
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Norway supplies lots of oil to the US and proably pisses OPEC off. Anyone that thinks those crazy people in the desert making this all 'religious' war. Well I got a bridge to sell you.
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 19:09   #8
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Intrepid00
Norway supplies lots of oil to the US and proably pisses OPEC off. Anyone that thinks those crazy people in the desert making this all 'religious' war. Well I got a bridge to sell you.
Hello Mr bin Laden.
Unread 21 May 2003, 19:14   #9
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
He was mentioning countries that sent troops to fight in Iraq. These were the US, Britain, Australia and Denmark. He obviously got the two countries confused.

Pay attention in Geography lessons kids, or you'll end up an international terrorist!!!
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 23:23   #10
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Hi.
Unread 22 May 2003, 00:06   #11
ggGGgg

ggGGgg is an unknown quantity at this point
I heard on the TV that the man had spent some time in Denmark. Which would mean that he couldn't be THAT bad at geography. Unless he spent his time among a seriously small part of danish society. Or that I'm mistaken.
ggGGgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 00:12   #12
Anu
Kontrč*******

Anu is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by W
Hi.
to quote Kurashima

Quote:
ROFFLETOMATO
Anu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 00:45   #13
Oye
free

Oye is an unknown quantity at this point
i hope they get our pm
Unread 22 May 2003, 01:37   #14
ggGGgg

/Chuckles

Yeah, he would be a prime target! The leader from the christian people party, some of the most important glue in the conservative minority coalition that'll fall to shathers if Sponheim gets any higher position. And almost completely and utterly defencesless.

(Just for the reference for non-norwegians: Our prime ministers have had a rather nasty tendency to get to work by bicycle, live in their family home without protection and work in a highly important goverment building with only one checkpoint and no armed guards to speak of. And nothing has happened to them yet. (With the exception of Quisling. But he doesn't count, really.))
Unread 22 May 2003, 09:11   #15
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
nonono

it's not bad geography, apparently it's something to do with an al qaeda person that norway is in the process of extraditing. Doesn't seem al qaeda are too keen on people who dislike them, so it looks like they'll go out and make some more people dislike them

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 09:30   #16
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by ChubbyChecker
He was mentioning countries that sent troops to fight in Iraq. These were the US, Britain, Australia and Denmark. He obviously got the two countries confused.
I wonder if they will apologise if they bomb the wrong country by mistake.

Isn't Denmark where Pim Fortuyn's party got in?

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 10:07   #17
Happy Tom

Happy Tom is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Nobody is that stupid
Happy Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 10:10   #18
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
I heard it was because Norway recently arrested a muslim cleric or something. Like what we should be doing in the UK
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 10:15   #19
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
Isn't Denmark where Pim Fortuyn's party got in?
No, Holland.

You're an international terrorist too!!!
Unread 22 May 2003, 10:16   #20
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Happy Tom
Nobody is that stupid
except the guy who told the british troops to invade spain instead of gibraltar last year.

Unread 22 May 2003, 10:17   #21
Radical Edward

Quote:
No, Holland.

You're an international terrorist too!!!
well I dunno, that's why I asked, I didn't take alot of notice to be honest. I just knew it was "over there somewhere"

Unread 22 May 2003, 10:18   #22
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
well I dunno, that's why I asked, I didn't take alot of notice to be honest. I just knew it was "over there somewhere"
TERRORIST!!!
Unread 22 May 2003, 15:13   #23
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
He does not mistake Norway for Denmark, as the guy who made the threats have been living in Denmark. (Or maybe just got asulym, but hey, they are not stupid!)
I don't know why we are targeted, but hey, i don't really care anyway!

Oh, and:
Quote:
Originally posted by ggGGgg
(Just for the reference for non-norwegians: Our prime ministers have had a rather nasty tendency to get to work by bicycle, live in their family home without protection and work in a highly important goverment building with only one checkpoint and no armed guards to speak of. And nothing has happened to them yet. (With the exception of Quisling. But he doesn't count, really.))
This is so wrong. I live in the same area as the prime minister,(Kjell Magne) and he is always protected. For christs sake, when kids throws Firecrakers around, the cops come! There are so many more cops in the area, after he became prime minister. His car(s) are bulletproof, and is always followed by one or two other cars whit bodyguards. Everybody who even walks in the area where he lives, risks questioning and detainment, especially if youre young, have a palestinianscarf and wear black hoodies whit strange slogans on . Anyways, he is pretty good secured.
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 15:16   #24
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Exclamation

I don't think anywhere can really afford to have it's Prime Ministers without protection now. It was bad enough in the 80's when Olaf Palme was assasinated; now it's just unthinkable.
Unread 22 May 2003, 15:17   #25
ELeeming
Cultured

ELeeming is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Pay attention in Geography lessons kids, or you'll end up an international terrorist!!!
You forgot Poland
God Told Me To Do It
Just Another Victim Of The Ambient Morality
Synchronise Your Dogmas
My site (well, kind of. Actually not at all, but it has my name on it in several places)
Aargh! Killer Bee attack! (\o/) (/o\) (\o/) (/o\)
ELeeming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 15:18   #26
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by ELeeming
You forgot Poland
I'm not sure whether they actually fought, or whether they are just taking part in the aftermath.
Unread 22 May 2003, 15:18   #27
LISELOTTE
sucking young blood

LISELOTTE is an unknown quantity at this point
i belive Snurx have 'issues' with several extreme islamic groups
Unread 22 May 2003, 15:25   #28
ELeeming
Cultured

ELeeming is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Marilyn Manson
I'm not sure whether they actually fought, or whether they are just taking part in the aftermath.
I'm fairly certain they were fighting at Uum Kasar, becasue there was an article in the paper saying it was the first time Polish troops had fought under the Polish flag since WW2.
God Told Me To Do It
Just Another Victim Of The Ambient Morality
Synchronise Your Dogmas
My site (well, kind of. Actually not at all, but it has my name on it in several places)
Aargh! Killer Bee attack! (\o/) (/o\) (\o/) (/o\)
ELeeming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 15:27   #29
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally posted by Marilyn Manson
I recall polish special forces being told off for appearing in the news or something. they were there, but their government didn't want them to be visible.

Unread 22 May 2003, 17:32   #30
Bunga
I'm not a poet

Bunga has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I don't like Quisling. He's not very popular in my country.
Unread 22 May 2003, 17:33   #31
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Bunga
I don't like Quisling. He's not very popular in my country.
Hardly bloody suprising!

Nazi-conspiritors don't exactly go down all that well with anybody! Not even Norwegians!
Unread 22 May 2003, 23:41   #32
Umbrall
Renaissance Person

Umbrall is an unknown quantity at this point
There are three theories as to why Al-Quaida specified Norway:

1) They got their geography confused.

2) It's personal. I believe the person making the anouncement family perised during the bombing of Afghanistan. Norwegian troops were heavily involved in the on-site targeting.

3) There is already an action planned against Norway. Norway has vast installations of oil rigs in the North Sea. These are vulnerable, and hard to protect.
As the second biggest non-moslem oil exporter, a strike against Norways oil platforms may seeem strategically wise, even while tactically and politically unsound.

Al-Quaida have been known to use speedboats filled with explosives for their actions before. And they are not too imaginative.
It is dubious if Norway has the will to shoot down suspected suicide bomber boats, and it certainly does not have the procedures to do so on short notice.

I would not be suprised to hear about oil rigs in the north sea having their legs blown off soon.

-Li Quan, commentaries upon Sun Tzu, ca 900 AD.
Umbrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 00:20   #33
ggGGgg

Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx
This is so wrong.
Dang. I really sucked for it didn't I? It wasn't that long ago since Jens Stoltenberg was supposed to be bicycling to work.

Many apologies for stupidity.
Unread 23 May 2003, 00:20   #34
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Anu
to quote Kurashima

Actually , JC came up with that one.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 00:26   #35
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Umbrall
It is dubious if Norway has the will to shoot down suspected suicide bomber boats, and it certainly does not have the procedures to do so on short notice.
You'd be surprised. Both the Norwegian coastguard and navy is willing and able to act on short notice, and won't hesistate to use force to protect against a potential attacker. The oil rigs are far from anywhere othervise important, and hard to protect, true, but they're also very hard to sneak up on.

And it's not like we're gonna be extra slack after such a threat.