User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 Mar 2003, 00:06   #1
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
God Bless the French!

Clap your hands and join me in my session of Frenchlove.

Matrim
Unread 15 Mar 2003, 00:12   #2
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
\o/
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2003, 00:21   #3
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
your turning into a gimmick account
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2003, 04:34   #4
Plastic-Wrap
Guilty of being White

Plastic-Wrap is an unknown quantity at this point
I like french people!!
<ckx> and they get all bitchy
<ckx> "I"M ONLY 13, I'M ONLY 13!!!"
Plastic-Wrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2003, 23:08   #5
ELeeming
Cultured

ELeeming is an unknown quantity at this point
Summary of this thread:

Reasons to like french people...

Thank you, and goodnight
God Told Me To Do It
Just Another Victim Of The Ambient Morality
Synchronise Your Dogmas
My site (well, kind of. Actually not at all, but it has my name on it in several places)
Aargh! Killer Bee attack! (\o/) (/o\) (\o/) (/o\)
ELeeming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2003, 23:10   #6
Chrism
Governor General

Chrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the rough
No
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 00:46   #7
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
They invented oral sex.

Thats why we brits laffed at them 200 years ago - for making love with their faces...

Who is laughing now eh????

damn.
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 00:49   #8
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
if it wasn't for the french we wouldn't have a large variety of cheeses!
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 06:31   #9
Wî†ne§§ †GñA†

Smile Vive La France!

From an email I received recently...

Quote:
The French: Observations from the outside
>
>"France has neither winter nor summer nor morals. Apart from these
>drawbacks it is a fine country. France has usually been governed by
>prostitutes."
> ---Mark Twain
>
>"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French
> one behind me."
> --- General George S. Patton
>
>"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your
>accordion."
> --Norman Schwartzkopf
>
>"We can stand here like the French, or we can do something about it."
> ---- Marge Simpson
>
>"As far as I'm concerned, war always means failure."
> ---Jacques Chirac, President of France
>
>"As far as France is concerned, you're right."
> ---Rush Limbaugh,
>
>"The only time France wants us to go to war is when the German Army
> is sitting in Paris sipping coffee."
> --- Regis Philbin
>
>"The French are a smallish, monkey-looking bunch and not dressed
> any better, on average, than the citizens of Baltimore. True, you
> can sit outside in Paris and drink little cups of coffee, but why
> this is more stylish than sitting inside and drinking large glasses
> of whiskey I don't know."
> --- P.J O'Rourke (1989)
>
>"You know, the French remind me a little bit of an aging actress of
> the 1940s who was still trying to dine out on her looks but doesn't
> have the face for it."
> ---John McCain, U.S. Senator from Arizona
>
>"You know why the French don't want to bomb Saddam Hussein? Because
> he hates America, he loves mistresses and wears a beret. He IS French,
>people!"
> ---Conan O'Brien
>
>"I don't know why people are surprised that France won't help us
> get Saddam out of Iraq. After all, France wouldn't help us get the
> Germans out of France!"
> ---Jay Leno
>
>"The last time the French asked for 'more proof' it came marching
> into Paris under a German flag."
> ---David Letterman
>
> How many Frenchmen does it take to change a light bulb? One. He holds
> the bulb and all of Europe revolves around him!
>
>"The heaviest cross I had to bear was the Cross of Lorraine"
> ---Winston Churchill
>
> Next time there's a war in Europe, the loser has to keep France!
The TRULY scary thing is...THEY'RE ALL TRUE!
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 07:04   #10
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Vive La France!

Quote:
Originally posted by Wî†ne§§ †GñA†

Well, aside from that exact list being posted (yesterday? day before?), it ignores the fact, say, that France couldn't do anything about the germans invading in WW2.

It's just stereotypical nonsense.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 07:38   #11
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Vive La France!

Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
Well, aside from that exact list being posted (yesterday? day before?), it ignores the fact, say, that France couldn't do anything about the germans invading in WW2.

It's just stereotypical nonsense.
I find that hard to believe. Now, I have no numbers on what Europe was like back in the 20s and 30s, but to say Germany could crawl from nothing, from losing a world war, to near continental conquering, and that France couldn't have prepared enough to at least last until English etc reinforcements arrived, seems off-base.

The French got caught with their pants down when they shouldn't have, that's all there is to it.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 07:44   #12
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Re: Re: Vive La France!

Quote:
Originally posted by Scoot951
I find that hard to believe. Now, I have no numbers on what Europe was like back in the 20s and 30s, but to say Germany could crawl from nothing, from losing a world war, to near continental conquering, and that France couldn't have prepared enough to at least last until English etc reinforcements arrived, seems off-base.
I didn't say it was impossible given 20 years, what I said implied with their then current resources.

What I was referring to was statements like

> ---Jay Leno
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 07:58   #13
Wî†ne§§ †GñA†

Re: Re: Re: Re: Vive La France!

Quote:
I didn't say it was impossible given 20 years, what I said implied with their then current resources.

> ---Jay Leno
If you really can't understand that statement, then you are tired. I'm surprised this is so beyond you,...but then again,...IT WAS A JOKE TOLD BY A COMEDIAN!
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 08:06   #14
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Vive La France!

Quote:
If you really can't understand that statement, then you are tired. I'm surprised this is so beyond you,...but then again,...IT WAS A JOKE TOLD BY A COMEDIAN!
Relying on a stereotype for humour? Why isn't that what I said?

The trouble comes when people start believing stereotypes, and when the media are controlled as they are in america, that's probably going to be pretty inevitable.
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 08:22   #15
Wî†ne§§ †GñA†

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Vive La France!

Quote:
Relying on a stereotype for humour? Why isn't that what I said?

The trouble comes when people start believing stereotypes, and when the media are controlled as they are in america, that's probably going to be pretty inevitable.
OK, here we go again. Talk about stereotypes.

I'm sure there's no editors or anyone controlling what YOU see read and hear, right? RIGHT?

I forgot, Europeans are the only people in the world who have access to true, unblemished news and they are the only people on the planet with the power of discernment.

You are really embarrassing yourself now.

I think you have just epitomized the word "Eurotrash"
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 08:29   #16
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Vive La France!

Quote:
For a start, I know my media is biased. Many people don't. The people I was referring to earlier, for example.

And please stop flaming.
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 08:36   #17
Wî†ne§§ †GñA†

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Vive La France!

Quote:
For a start, I know my media is biased. Many people don't. The people I was referring to earlier, for example.

And please stop flaming.
You stop it first.
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 08:42   #18
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Vive La France!

Quote:
You stop it first.
I have not flamed you. I have not replied to you with anything except thread relevent comments and requests to stop flaming.
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 08:54   #19
Wî†ne§§ †GñA†

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Vive La France!

Quote:
I have not flamed you. I have not replied to you with anything except thread relevent comments and requests to stop flaming.
"REQUEST",...NOT requestS.

Fine, I'll just ignore you and your pithy little jabs against me and my fellow countrymen.

buhbye.
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 08:56   #20
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Vive La France!

Quote:
"REQUEST",...NOT requestS.

Fine, I'll just ignore you and your pithy little jabs against me and my fellow countrymen.

buhbye.
I don't know about you, but I could two as plural.

Quote:
My first comment would be to stop flaming, or you will be Welcomed to PA's Famous Ban List.
Quote:

And please stop flaming.
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 08:59   #21
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

ps, thank you for calling my statements precise and meaningful.
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 09:05   #22
Wî†ne§§ †GñA†

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Vive La France!

Quote:
I don't know about you, but I could two as plural.
IN TWO DIFFERENT THREADS!

I knew you'd be a failure as a mod.

I suppose that's a flame instead of a rational statement that is, without a doubt, completely true?!
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 09:07   #23
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Vive La France!

Quote:
I'd presumed you'd be able to remember the contents of one thread whilst reading another.

Apparantly, you imply otherwise.
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 09:10   #24
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Vive La France!

Quote:
Originally posted by Captain T'Bolt
where hamburgers enjoy eating you?
In soviet russia etc
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 09:10   #25
Plastic-Wrap
Guilty of being White

Plastic-Wrap is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Vive La France!

Quote:

I knew you'd be a failure as a mod.

I suppose that's a flame instead of a rational statement that is, without a doubt, completely true?!

Your just another product of american media controlled brain washing.
<ckx> and they get all bitchy
<ckx> "I"M ONLY 13, I'M ONLY 13!!!"
Plastic-Wrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 12:41   #26
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Vive La France!

Quote:
"America is the only nation in history which miraculously has gone directly from barbarism to degeneration without the usual interval of civilization. " - Georges Clemenceau

the really scary thing is: this is true
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 12:47   #27
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future
Re: Re: Vive La France!

Quote:
Originally posted by wu_trax
"America is the only nation in history which miraculously has gone directly from barbarism to degeneration without the usual interval of civilization. " - Georges Clemenceau

the really scary thing is: this is true
In what way?

Culturally? Socially? Economically? Morally? Other? All of them?
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 12:52   #28
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally posted by Nondescript Human
In what way?

Culturally? Socially? Economically? Morally? Other? All of them?
all of them, obviously.
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 12:57   #29
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
not economically

Also, I assume the quote is from around 80 years ago. Things are different now.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 13:05   #30
wu_trax

hey, im just counter-trolling :/, but lets not talk about the us-economy, i wouldnt trust it that far ...
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 13:06   #31
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Yeah, look at Enron
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 13:13   #32
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
Yeah, look at Enron
its not only that, look at the way they calculate their GNP. if you multiply the MHz-count of every new PC sold with the price (to represent the increased performance of the mashine), ofc you get a quite large economical growth rate ...
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 13:18   #33
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
Yeah, look at Enron
Yeah, and look at the GDP of a mere $9,963,000,000,000.
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 13:34   #34
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

I didn't say the economy was poor. I simply said it has faults, like any other.
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 14:43   #35
m.ar.d

Quote:
Originally posted by Scoot951

The French got caught with their pants down when they shouldn't have, that's all there is to it.
English reinforcements were already there.
they ran away with the french.
dont you know anything about history??
the germans defeated the french AND brithish forces in france!!!!
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 14:45   #36
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by m.ar.d
English reinforcements were already there.
they ran away with the french.
dont you know anything about history??
the germans defeated the french AND brithish forces in france!!!!
Also, bear in mind that the reason the French couldn't withstand the Germans is because the German tanks killed them all.
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 14:50   #37
Sub
Banned

Sub is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

> ---Jay Leno
Maybe he meant Vichi France.
Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 15:07   #38
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
Very sad indeed that my attempt to gather love for the French ended up in history lessons :/

Matrim
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 15:08   #39
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Maybe if the French had started building tanks when Hitler started invading everywhere\extending the Magniot Line to Belgium\Not surrended as soon as Paris fell\villified the Germans a bit instead of going communist hunting(the natural enemy of the Nazis) things would have been different. You can't blame Britain for not being able to save France since the French weren't willing to help themselves.
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 15:11   #40
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Jammers
Maybe if the French had started building tanks when Hitler started invading everywhere\extending the Magniot Line to Belgium\Not surrended as soon as Paris fell\villified the Germans a bit instead of going communist hunting(the natural enemy of the Nazis) things would have been different. You can't blame Britain for not being able to save France since the French weren't willing to help themselves.
I can't believe you think you can build tanks and train their crews in such a short space of time.

You've been playing too much C&C.
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 15:19   #41
wu_trax

it was called 'blitzkrieg' because it was supposed to be very fast
anyway, how did we get to ww2 once again?
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 15:19   #42
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
I can't believe you think you can build tanks and train their crews in such a short space of time.

But Hitler did it!
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 15:21   #43
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
But Hitler did it!
he had 6 years, didnt he?
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 15:24   #44
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
he had 6 years, didnt he?

I was being sarcastic heh.
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 15:29   #45
Jammers

Quote:

Hitler gained power in 1933, if any French people had bothered to read Mein Kempf they would have been able to see he planned to invade, and even if they hadn't they should have realised something was amiss when he started violating the Treaty of Versaille by introducing conscription (1935), or when he invaded the Rheinland (1936). Thats 3yrs, which should be enough to churn out a few tanks, given that France had car factories scattered about the place.
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 15:39   #46
wu_trax

Quote:
Hitler gained power in 1933, if any French people had bothered to read Mein Kempf they would have been able to see he planned to invade, and even if they hadn't they should have realised something was amiss when he started violating the Treaty of Versaille by introducing conscription (1935), or when he invaded the Rheinland (1936). Thats 3yrs, which should be enough to churn out a few tanks, given that France had car factories scattered about the place.
and what exactly did uk do to stop him?
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 15:46   #47
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:

The Anglo-German naval pact.

ROFLMAO
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 15:51   #48
Jammers

Quote:
"Battle of Britain"
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 15:53   #49
wu_trax

Quote:
"Battle of Britain"
"a bit late" ?
Unread 16 Mar 2003, 15:55   #50
Jammers

Quote:
"a bit late" ?
Do you think those planes just magically appeared one sunny September morn?