User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 28 Feb 2003, 10:04   #1
A Greek Waiter

Advice me please?

I am thinking now, I dream to move to England to open kebab shop, in Bolton. I worry although about will people be racism to Greeks? I could save and go to London, but ready there is many kebab shop.

Why Bolton? last year, I was drinking out when Katrina came in looking for me. I did not want to speak with her so I went out for walk and kebab. I had kebab when three guy, they talked of Bolton, and they said - hey Stavross! (that is what they said). I said - how you no my name? (that is what i said). They said - give us some of your kebab. I said - no, it is only small and i am very hungry. But they threaten me with hitting, and they stole my kebab. I go to police, but they say you will not get it back (the kebab) as it would by now be eaten.

So, Bolton people must really like kebab, I save up maybe, but that racsim worry me though?
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 10:06   #2
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
lol
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 10:08   #3
Nicole

Nicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really nice
I don't think those guys were racist. I think they were just prejudiced against stupid gimmicks. Your kebab shop should run smoothly if you promise not to speak.
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 10:08   #4
acousticset

acousticset is an unknown quantity at this point
kebab where the kebab i want a kebab, you should open the shop in essex and i will come eat ur spiked kebabs
acousticset is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 10:10   #5
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Nicole
I don't think those guys were racist. I think they were just prejudiced against stupid gimmicks. Your kebab shop should run smoothly if you promise not to speak.
LOL

Mean, but still LOL
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 10:11   #6
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Nicole

I think this is about the best reply you will get
remember: gimmick accounts are bad mmmkay?
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 10:20   #7
A Greek Waiter

there still some rudeness to Greek here, i am sad there are not more Greek here? I know many Greek Planetarion player (i play round 2 since and been in many alliance).

Essex, no I dont go there, we here Greek hear much about Essex, we know girl there dance with handbag, and guy drive too fast.
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 10:22   #8
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
The problem with this gimmick is that it's too obvious. Otherwise it would actually be mildly amusing, at least compared to most.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 10:23   #9
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
The problem with this gimmick is that it's too obvious. Otherwise it would actually be mildly amusing, at least compared to most.

true
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 10:23   #10
Nicole

Nicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really nice
We're just rude to you cuz you're a waiter. It has nothing to do with you being greek.
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 10:24   #11
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
It's still keeping me sane at work.

That's a thing.
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 10:25   #12
Cyp
∞+♪²

Cyp is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok, simple test to see if you might be greek:

Does Ναι mean yes or no?
<!--Last incarnation: Nov 2000-->
Cyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 10:29   #13
Nicole

it means yes

which doesnt make me greek, it makes me an asshole who knows how to google.
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 10:35   #14
A Greek Waiter

Μπορείτε να δοκιμάστε πάλι
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 10:47   #15
Cyp
∞+♪²

Cyp is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by A Greek Waiter
Sorry, can't, as I don't know much Greek. (Just some numbers and stuff, and that yes in Greek sounds like no in English.) And don't know anyone that does know Greek.

I am actually curious what the ϊ and ϋ sounds like, though, and whether they are actually still used.
<!--Last incarnation: Nov 2000-->
Cyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 11:07   #16
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
Cyp, your " " custom title causes havoc for Opera users, as it appears as one line and distorts the whole layout of the screen.

But it is IE friendly, as it appears as two lines.
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 12:15   #17
Dave
Infallible

Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
My local Kebab is run by Kurds.
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 12:20   #18
ELeeming
Cultured

ELeeming is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by A Greek Waiter
Clause 10
God Told Me To Do It
Just Another Victim Of The Ambient Morality
Synchronise Your Dogmas
My site (well, kind of. Actually not at all, but it has my name on it in several places)
Aargh! Killer Bee attack! (\o/) (/o\) (\o/) (/o\)
ELeeming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 12:33   #19
A Greek Waiter

There only 1, yes 1, kebab shop in Bolton and he also sell chip. I save now and when i open, i undercut him pricing and offer quality kebab?

See??
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 13:05   #20
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
There's a greek restaurant in cambridge, which is also the only take-away chips thing.

It's quite irritating to hear the tourists coming out and talking about 'authentic british cooking'.

In fact, tourists are just irritating.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 13:12   #21
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
I agree. This crude account at gimmickry is simply not anything other than "initially, vaguely, amusing."

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 13:20   #22
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
haha

"Stavross"
Is it me or is that the name that Harry Enfield used for his fake greek person? And i think it was also listed in the FHM guide to other languages as an insulting name to called a Greek.
And the comment about Essex, while being quite funny was a dead giveaway.

I agree with Mong's statement above

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 13:20   #23
Πiscorporation

Quote:
Originally posted by Mong
I agree. This crude account at gimmickry is simply not anything other than "initially, vaguely, amusing."
The replies to the gimmick's threads are hilarious, however.

The Greek Waiter is doing an excellent job